AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-23, 08:14   Link #281
ImperialFlameGod8190

Luna stop speaking like yuzuru she is adorable but i was about to apologize anyway

@kikix i have been a little harsh so i apologize lets not ruin these good forums with foolish arguments and agree to disagree
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 08:19   Link #282
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Don't want to. Because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Luna stop speaking like yuzuru she is adorable but i was about to apologize anyway

@kikix i have been a little harsh so i apologize lets not ruin these good forums with foolish arguments and agree to disagree
Don't want to. That is good. Thank you for both of you.

Because. Both of you are stopping the argument.

That's all. Thank you.

End.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 11:11   Link #283
evalot1997

Quote:

Well in regards of harshness at least i'm not the only one....
evalot1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 11:22   Link #284
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalot1997 View Post
Well in regards of harshness at least i'm not the only one....
You've been harsh? Did I miss something here?

Anyway, based on Azazel's statement that the previous Durandal wielder would be a threat if he were to wield Ex-Durandal, I have a feeling volume 19 will be exactly what we've been hoping for; Xenovia losing Ex-Durandal and having to learn to fight without it. She'll probably get it back and use it to kill the previous wielder as well, since continued improvement over the use of the Excalibur fragments is a must.
Old 2014-08-23, 11:39   Link #285
evalot1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
You've been harsh? Did I miss something here?

Anyway, based on Azazel's statement that the previous Durandal wielder would be a threat if he were to wield Ex-Durandal, I have a feeling volume 19 will be exactly what we've been hoping for; Xenovia losing Ex-Durandal and having to learn to fight without it. She'll probably get it back and use it to kill the previous wielder as well, since continued improvement over the use of the Excalibur fragments is a must.
Just look at my discussion with Pierre...
Old 2014-08-23, 16:19   Link #286
kikix

Quote:
You're bothered by Xenovia because she's the only one who doesnt have any sorta special power how foolish.
I'm bothered because she's generic. Demonic power is far from special too, but neither Rias nor Akeno who use it heavily are generic, since they add their own twist to it.
Right now the only roughly unique part is her using Ruler to control attacks, rather than beings. It's still a normal use of the sword, though.

Quote:
Without Kiba's BB he may be slightly stronger then Xenovia so i wouldnt be too quick to judge.
Kiba is considerably faster. Assuming both would fight with normal swords and without using any power whatsoever (other than Knight trait), Kiba would win against Xenovia more often than the reverse being true.

Quote:
And of course she can only rely on the swords because thats all she has.
And that's the problem. What I'd like to see (and what Gary29 says may change, granted the previews of volume 19) is for her to stop using only swords power and learn more than just swordfighting.

Quote:
Sacred gears are items that give its holder special powers Kiba's case its his ability to produce different swords. i wouldnt put kiba too high over xenovia anyway
I'm quite sure you ignore large parts of what I say about sacred gears each and every time I try to explain. You certainly don't respond to any of the arguments I make, that's for sure.

That being said, I'll stop our exchange about this particular topic at this. "Agree to disagree" is a decent enough solution.
Old 2014-08-23, 21:03   Link #287
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Question.

Question.
1. Will issei gain another powerup on volume 19.

That's all. Thank you.

End.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 21:11   Link #288
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
Question.

That's all. Thank you.

End.
We don't know yet. No spoilers of Volume 19 are out yet, so you'll have to wait till Code Zero can get some of them.

Part of being an LN reader is basically waiting for someone kind/curious enough to translate the volumes for us.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 07:23   Link #289
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
For me I think it would be full on dragon mode, something like "partner are you ready to show them what a heavenly Dragon looks like" as everyone sees Ise change to a smaller version of great red.
OMG yes please lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well to me ... a full dragon mode sounds too predictable ... especially for Ise who's powers develop in pretty unpredictable ways.

So, based on how Ishibumi developed Ise's powers so far, I doubt that he is going to gain something as simple as a full dragon form ... and even if something like that is going to happen, I believe that this form would still contain some twists which we, the readers, weren't capable of predicting...
Maybe he would unlock stuff from all 3 dragons inside him and shock us with things from the boosted gear. Possibly something out of his imagination.

Maybe Xenovia can link with her sword in some way. Have the ability to call it among other things. Maybe pass to Kiba for some reason end up on other side of battle field and it comes flying back to her in a time of need. Being able to do that kind of stuff would probably mean she has other abilites to control stuff. Kiba makes and uses blades. Would be nice to see her maybe develop powers to use any and everything as a weapon. It would certainly catch enemies off guard thinking they only have to watch what she holds.
Old 2014-08-24, 11:16   Link #290
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

@Bio The ability to turn everything into a weapon... now that would be cool. But it sounds more like a Sacred Gear ability than something she could learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
Question.

That's all. Thank you.

End.
No idea, volume 19 is around 2 months away from being released. At least that's my speculation.
Old 2014-08-24, 12:02   Link #291
ImperialFlameGod8190

Xenovia desperately needs a SG because without it she's relatively ordinary and depending on what type of SG it is she would likely surpass Kiba in terms of strength
Old 2014-08-24, 12:14   Link #292
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

hmm, i guess she need a SG which accelerate her speed or the shadow armor SG (guy from hero faction)
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:42   Link #293
evalot1997

Currently in the official Gremory group, Xenovia, Kiba and also Asia(when Fafnir is not around) are the only ones that are still very susceptible to damage while the rest of the group have their own respective ways to protect themselves (whether be it a magical shield,enhanced rook power and Touki, transformed creature form or longinous armor).

Last edited by evalot1997; 2014-08-24 at 13:02.
Old 2014-08-24, 12:49   Link #294
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Actually, that brings up a good question... how exactly does Koneko protect herself from attacks? Her enhanced defense as a Rook can only be so useful; unless there's a defensive application to senjutsu that I missed.
Old 2014-08-24, 12:53   Link #295
evalot1997

Quote:
Actually, that brings up a good question... how exactly does Koneko protect herself from attacks? Her enhanced defense as a Rook can only be so useful; unless there's a defensive application to senjutsu that I missed.
As of now, the only known way is her base Rook power and also Touki...

(sorry about that,i forgot she indeed can use touki powers)
Old 2014-08-24, 13:31   Link #296
Biohazardous

We need something to make Xenovia unique and awsome. Her having a SG to cover her flaws is not the way to do that. It makes her just like everyone else. Ise does alot more than what should be possible. He is causing others to do the same. Xenovia could be another of such cases. She is suppose to get closer to Ise maybe in the course of that she learns something that brings about something that makes her unique.
Old 2014-08-24, 18:35   Link #297
Chichiryuushintei

Why would she need a SG? It was stated in volume 12 (I guess, not sure though) that if she perfects her use of Ex-Durandal she will be as strong as Cao Cao in Balance Breaker, that's OP as f*ck.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 18:43   Link #298
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Why would she need a SG? It was stated in volume 12 (I guess, not sure though) that if she perfects her use of Ex-Durandal she will be as strong as Cao Cao in Balance Breaker, that's OP as f*ck.
If u can find that scene in vol 12 thats fine but i'll believe that when i see it. As for why she needs a SG really its two-fold. One that gives her something she can call her own in case ex-durandal doesnt work out. Two She needs a place in the group that she can call her own since everyone else has a unique niche they can call their own.
Old 2014-08-24, 18:48   Link #299
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

She's actually more unique without an SG... she just needs to be less dependent on Ex-Durandal, because right now it's literally her only major source of power.
Old 2014-08-24, 19:13   Link #300
Direwolf18

Quote:
She's actually more unique without an SG... she just needs to be less dependent on Ex-Durandal, because right now it's literally her only major source of power.
That is kinda like saying Ise needs to be lest dependent on his Boosted gear.

What she really needs to be able to use Ex-Durandal better. The fact that she can even use one of the most powerful swords EVER makes her pretty frigging unique. Don't forget how surprised everyone was during the Kokabiel fight by the sheer fact that she is able to swing it.

I know Kiba was able to use it cause she lent to him, but even then she should be able to get far more out of the sword. The amount of power it has as Ex-Durandel is staggering, she is barely utilizing it at all though. The only one with more wasted potential IMO is Rias. Great she created a super powerful one hit kill move. It takes a ton of power and charge time. To paraphrase my favorite wizard ever, Harry Dresden, whats more impressive the ability to burn all your power and create one giant fire ball, or create a single pinprick of energy with a fraction the power that will burn a hole through anything. (including your targets heart killing them instantly)
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote