AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-24, 15:31   Link #281
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Pretty excited about all the new announcements, though right now the one that has me more hyped is the rhythm game. I'm a fan of the Project Diva games, and having something similar to that with Persona music AND characters sounds like something with huuuuge potential.

Plus, that trailer was just hilariously good. The announcer got it so right that if not for the focus on the actual music, I might just have just wanted him to be present in the actual game and saying stuff as we manage to make bigger and bigger chains, haha. I mean, really, I had to go and make something like this after hearing this particular line:

Spoiler for Image size:

Need to try it on girls. Or not. And as for P5, I'm sure I'll get more excited once we know some more about the game. I trust them well enough to make a good game, though the atmosphere from the trailer made me feel as if we're going for a more serious approach again, more P3 than P4, so to speak.
Old 2013-11-24, 15:39   Link #282
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Probably. Ah, man, I kind of wish that there'd be a Megami Tensei subforum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Not sure if we have enough discussion for those games yet but I think the mods would be more than ok with them showing up.
Okay then.
Old 2013-11-24, 15:56   Link #283
Jun pls

I'd actually be pretty sad if they removed Social Links entirely since that was the most fun and emotional part for me.
Persona 4, for example, I loved to play it over and over and over again and I loved doing everyone's SL over and over and over again as well and it made me love every character so much more.
(I played P4 for PS2 around 9 times and 3 times on P4G so I was going through SLs ALOT ).

Of course, if they removed it I'd still buy the game and play it. It might even improve the gameplay. But I'd still miss it. That's just my opinion though
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 16:02   Link #284
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
It needs these features. P1 e P2 were pretty boring as RPGs.
Old 2013-11-24, 16:13   Link #285
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

They won't remove SL for sure. The social stuff like that is what made P3 & 4 boom so much. That is definitely something that is integrated.

I do hope they evolve it though. Innovating on it and making something improved I have no qualms with. But that isn't going away.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 17:02   Link #286
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I wouldn't say boring, P1/2 had a much more complex/experimental battle system, just that the clunky system hasn't aged well, plus the gaming community shifted towards favoring more streamlined/efficient gameplay. There are things in there I hope to see make a comeback; combo/combination setups for one, and free persona assignment for everyone. Demon negotiation can stay away, I always found it an amusing but archaic mechanic.

The vibe of the P5 trailer though, it reminded me most of Persona 2 for some reason. Maybe it's the red, but "Chains and Slaves" gave a very sinister and occulty vibe that's closer to P1/2 or even mainline SMT.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 17:29   Link #287
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

At the same time it's so vague. I really hope this weeks Famitsu or Dengeki touches upon it with some key-art.
Old 2013-11-24, 17:32   Link #288
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
At the same time it's so vague. I really hope this weeks Famitsu or Dengeki touches upon it with some key-art.
Yeah, there is so little we know about it right now that it's hard to determine much of anything. Don't need everything out of the gate, but would like some look at the main cast (or just the main character) and the setting.
Old 2013-11-24, 21:14   Link #289
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

P5 being released for the PS3 around the time PS4 is released? Sounds just right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I dunno, but I still love P1 because of the dungeon/level design (something I rate VERY highly). From the get go I loved the feeling of running around through a hospital visiting someone, only for you to feel something is VERY wrong when the normal exits/stairways are inaccessible and the layout, while familiar, has been noticeably altered. That was creepy.

P2 OTOH was a wee bit too plot heavy for my tastes, not to mention it's persona summoning mechanics were the most tedious of the bunch. Like it's cool having 'universal' cards, but with almost everything costing an arm and a leg, I found out I'd rather have the fusion system since I can make another persona with just 2 successful negotiations.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:13   Link #290
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Great to hear this will be released on the PS3. Here's hoping there's a choice to play a female lead.
Old 2013-11-25, 03:38   Link #291
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's pretty much the SL system that turned the games from a niche series to a... well a far less niche series. P3 was an explosive reinvention that really brought the series out into the gaming public view. Very few Japanese games of the last 10 years, much less JRPGs known to really stick to it's formulas, have achieved this scale of mainstream breakthrough. FF7 was probably the last one to do this and that was almost 15 years ago.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:15   Link #292
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Man, so much speculations going on, makes me excited, yet we've got a whole year to speculate on things until they release something like screenshots, maybe a video... We'll be getting that in a few months, I suppose.

Themes shifting from Death, to Truth, to Freedom, I'm guessing? Chains instead of Persona Cards and Evokers from what everyone's clamoring about... And judging from the single image we have? I'm guessing that the color tone has shifted from Blue, to Yellow, to Red.

The red alone gives me some kind of evil or dark vibe for this game. Because the blue and yellow really set the tone for Persona 3 and 4.
Old 2013-11-25, 14:28   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
The red alone gives me some kind of evil or dark vibe for this game. Because the blue and yellow really set the tone for Persona 3 and 4.
A friend of mine told me that red was the colour scheme used for Persona 2, but without that knowledge I myself felt that it reminded me of the early Bakemonogatari where they would flash those abstract images throughout.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:48   Link #294
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The colour was adapted as red for the remakes, yeah.

It can mean something totally different this time though!
Old 2013-11-25, 16:27   Link #295
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Persona 3 = Blue(Sorrow)
Persona 4 = Yellow(Insanity)
Persona 5(?) = Red(Anger perhaps)
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 18:05   Link #296
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yellow is a color that represents joy actually. It makes sense too because P4 is easily the happiest Shin Megami Tensei game ever developed.
Old 2013-11-26, 09:02   Link #297
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Some small new details leaked from Dengeki.

Anyone who wanted some college/office or whatever weird setting, you are fortunately wrong.

Quote:
The chairs and chains shown in the announcement teaser are located at a senior high school, according to the magazine. These are the theme of Persona 5.

It’s descried as an RPG that contains a message like a cathartic yell to overcome trials and throw off your chains.

The game will continue to adapt the series’ juvenile high school setting, but the atmosphere will be completely different.
http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-5...ent-atmosphere

Here's a good interpretation by duckroll if you don't understand:
Quote:
They say that Persona 5 is a RPG with the message of expressing the emotional catharsis in the shout of joy made after overcoming your trials and finally being set free of your chains. I would say that the theory about it being about pressure and stress from the Japanese school system is probably a very good guess.
Old 2013-11-26, 09:23   Link #298
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I was betting on a return to high school honestly. Much as in some ways it'd be nice to have the characters more in the older age group it just makes sense for them. The older gamers will keep returning and this is a chance to grab the high school kids that haven't played Persona games yet.

The theme seems to still be in the direction I thought it would be. Still, curious about what the threat is and how it will all tie together. In the end still seems like we'll have a much more serious atmosphere this time around.
Old 2013-11-26, 09:32   Link #299
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah. Many factors why it'll never be older characters outside of just business decisions too. It's very different from here. Persona wouldn't be Persona then.

I wonder if technology is heavily involved too due to the trailers "music"
Old 2013-11-26, 09:55   Link #300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The school scenes in P3 and P4 were generally the light hearted comedy moments amidst saving the world and solving a serial murder, the way it sounds Atlus might be planning to show the not so pleasant side of school life this time around... Or that they would make it much more relevant to whatever overarching plot it is this time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei