AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-26, 21:00   Link #2901
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
They will not be in anyone's peerage, they for a fact will have there own peerages since they will be stronger than any other high class devil.
Well some of there mother's aren't high class devils though and ravel didn't want a peerage so, how does that work?
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 22:23   Link #2902
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcl972 View Post
And again, people restart inventing every sort of things.
True, no one used the words "neglect" in the story, but they said that Ise hardly/ never spend time with wives and kids, which is the freaking definition of neglect.
This was stated several times by 5 different characters. Yet you guys are simply ignoring that and you're continuing with all of these delusions of yours.
It wasn't stated by any of them. The only one that even remotely resembles it is the one from Zen, and you have to take it completely out of context to get that conclusion.

Since you evidently don't know anything about Japanese culture, all those times the kids talk about how important their parents jobs are and all the time they put into them?

They aren't complaining. They're bragging.

Parents in Japan are expected to focus on their careers to protect and provide for their families. Having even a single stay at home parent is somewhat unusual. Having powerful and successful parents is a symbol of pride for Japanese children.

The kids are proud of their parents, hence the constant proud declarations of being their children and how "as the child of that father and those mothers, there is no way I can let myself lose".

Quote:
No one ever debunked that Ise hardly/never spend times with his family. NO ONE. Stop inventing things, seriously.
Except all the stuff about how he acts at home, how his wives act towards him, his quirks, having grown up on his old war stories, and basically every mention of their family life at all.

The only one inventing things here is you, because you got this ridiculous meme in your head without ever actually reading the story and took it as gospel, and now you're in too deep to pull out without completely humiliating yourself.

Not that you aren't already doing that anyway.

Quote:
His kids know Ise is a pervert. That's because the whole world know that he is a pervert. And they aren't proud of being Ise's kids, they are proud of having the power of an heavenly dragon in their veins.
Bullshit.

Aside from the sheer hollowness of the entire idea, the use the same method to brag about being the children of their mothers.

Including Airi, Asia's daughter.

Quote:
We aren't haters, we are just stating what was stated in the canon. In fact, I like that future shown in EX, it's realistic. And I followed and loved this series for years.
No, you're stating your own personal fanfiction you've extrapolated out of thin air.

"Zen wishes he could see his father more."

"Ise's job keeps him super busy."

"Ex is mad at his dad."

OH SHIT HE'S NEGLECTFUL THAT'S SO EDGY

While ignoring that within actual context Zen was called out for whining by his sibling and exaggerating, it wasn't Ise's job keeping him busy but protecting five other family memebers at once, and Ex is mad over Asia and never once mentions Ise's job.

Quote:
You are just interpreting everything in the way that you like, while ignoring everything that you don't like, that's why everything you are saying is basically nothing more than a delusion of yours.
You can't even think up your own responses anymore, you're just regurgitating what was said about you in the troll equivalent of "NO U".

You ignore the context of the entire series.

You use a single conversation to twist everything else that happens.

You ignore every other statement by the children that counteracts the first one.

You ignore the cultural context of the series to implant your own personal interpretation of the series.

And you can't even defend your own arguments, you just repeat whatever made you upset back at the other person because if it worked on you it'll surely work on them.
Old 2017-11-26, 22:51   Link #2903
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Well some of there mother's aren't high class devils though and ravel didn't want a peerage so, how does that work?
You think that they aren't going to be high-class devils by the time their children are born. Look at how OP they are. Akeno's already a mid-class devil.

And just because you're born a high-class devil doesn't mean it's mandatory for you to have a peerage. Grayfia is an example. Kuisha Abbadon(Sairaorg's queen) is also an example. Beruka Furcas(Sairaorg's knight) and Gandoma Balam(Sairaorg's rook) are also examples. Sectaas Barbatos(Magdaran Bael's queen).

And from tidbits given to us by Bennia, Veves Furfur(Magdaran Bael's bishop) and Bafeel Furcas(Seekvaira Agares' knight).
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 23:12   Link #2904
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
You think that they aren't going to be high-class devils by the time their children are born. Look at how OP they are. Akeno's already a mid-class devil.

And just because you're born a high-class devil doesn't mean it's mandatory for you to have a peerage. Grayfia is an example. Kuisha Abbadon(Sairaorg's queen) is also an example. Beruka Furcas(Sairaorg's knight) and Gandoma Balam(Sairaorg's rook) are also examples. Sectaas Barbatos(Magdaran Bael's queen).

And from tidbits given to us by Bennia, Veves Furfur(Magdaran Bael's bishop) and Bafeel Furcas(Seekvaira Agares' knight).
Asia doesn't do much to raise her rank. Plus some mother's aren't devils though.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 23:33   Link #2905
Lucidrago

She can pretty much get promoted based on her healing ability.
Old 2017-11-26, 23:40   Link #2906
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Asia need feat to raise her rank, most of people raise rank through fighting, but she just support and heal. Beside i think she doesn't care about raising her rank either, and being a wife of legendary hero is a honor
Old 2017-11-26, 23:58   Link #2907
Tbolt

Ise is above a High Class devil so his kids will be rated High Class devils except for Irina's kids.
Old 2017-11-27, 00:19   Link #2908
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I think devil allow incest...
Old 2017-11-27, 00:58   Link #2909
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Ince- wait what, is there any incest in here =.=, i don't want another Greek =.=!
Old 2017-11-27, 01:09   Link #2910
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

There is incest... A man with incest fetish...
Old 2017-11-27, 01:43   Link #2911
Lucidrago

@Ruki What are we going to do with you? Who awakened you from your slumber, beast?

And when was healing not a feat? Asia has proven her worth. She's more than deserving of a promotion.
Old 2017-11-27, 04:38   Link #2912
B214

Everyone in Rias' team deserve a promotion.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 06:01   Link #2913
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Everyone in Rias' team deserve a promotion.
Aye.

They have all done too much, in too short a time (considering that the main story only now is nearing 1 year in universe). Highest candidate imo would be Ross, due to her role in "sealing" Trihexa.
Old 2017-11-27, 06:33   Link #2914
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Aye.

They have all done too much, in too short a time (considering that the main story only now is nearing 1 year in universe). Highest candidate imo would be Ross, due to her role in "sealing" Trihexa.
I'm honestly surprised that Koneko didn't receive a higher rank like Yuto and Akeno because she also has improved. She may not be as strong as those 2 but Koneko definitely has improved. In terms of battle prowess she's at the level of a high Class devil if not Ultimate Class since she beat Kuroka (cough...cough..thanks to plot device...cough)
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 07:29   Link #2915
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It wasn't stated by any of them. The only one that even remotely resembles it is the one from Zen, and you have to take it completely out of context to get that conclusion.

Since you evidently don't know anything about Japanese culture, all those times the kids talk about how important their parents jobs are and all the time they put into them?

They aren't complaining. They're bragging.

Parents in Japan are expected to focus on their careers to protect and provide for their families. Having even a single stay at home parent is somewhat unusual. Having powerful and successful parents is a symbol of pride for Japanese children.

The kids are proud of their parents, hence the constant proud declarations of being their children and how "as the child of that father and those mothers, there is no way I can let myself lose".

Except all the stuff about how he acts at home, how his wives act towards him, his quirks, having grown up on his old war stories, and basically every mention of their family life at all.

The only one inventing things here is you, because you got this ridiculous meme in your head without ever actually reading the story and took it as gospel, and now you're in too deep to pull out without completely humiliating yourself.

Not that you aren't already doing that anyway.

Bullshit.

Aside from the sheer hollowness of the entire idea, the use the same method to brag about being the children of their mothers.

Including Airi, Asia's daughter.

No, you're stating your own personal fanfiction you've extrapolated out of thin air.

"Zen wishes he could see his father more."

"Ise's job keeps him super busy."

"Ex is mad at his dad."

OH SHIT HE'S NEGLECTFUL THAT'S SO EDGY

While ignoring that within actual context Zen was called out for whining by his sibling and exaggerating, it wasn't Ise's job keeping him busy but protecting five other family memebers at once, and Ex is mad over Asia and never once mentions Ise's job.

You can't even think up your own responses anymore, you're just regurgitating what was said about you in the troll equivalent of "NO U".

You ignore the context of the entire series.

You use a single conversation to twist everything else that happens.

You ignore every other statement by the children that counteracts the first one.

You ignore the cultural context of the series to implant your own personal interpretation of the series.

And you can't even defend your own arguments, you just repeat whatever made you upset back at the other person because if it worked on you it'll surely work on them.
QFT.

I need to add a few things, though.

Yes, I know it was said that Kiba is like a second father to Ise's children. But nowhere was it said that Kiba is more of a father to them than Ise. Actually, they said Ise doesn't spend as much time with them as he used to. But he does spend time with them and interact with them. To me, a neglectful father is someone who completely neglects his children even while he's home. Ask yourselves this, though: did Future Ise do that? Read through all of EX again and tell me. Really read it. Because I'm also reading it now, though for me it's my first reading of it (I was also thinking Future Ise is a shitty and neglectful father before now, but after reading XFire's posts I decided I should read it for myself and see).

I'm going to focus on reading it now and will talk about this when I'm done, with quotes. I want to find quotes for the parts that prove that Ex was only sour about the thing with Asia and aside from that completely idolized Ise, though it may not be easy to quote those parts because they're probably spread out through many paragraphs or such. Then I'll quote what Azazel says at the end.

But at least you guys should realize that XFire is right about Japanese households and culture. Ise is loved and held in very high regard by his children. That really says something.

Anyway. Moving on for now. I think it'd be good if Millicas could have a harem. And also if he could become a Maou in the future. Though I don't think there's a rule even now that says that a Maou can't have a harem. Sirzechs wouldn't have told Ise to become one in Volume 21 if there was really such a rule. It's just something that doesn't happen. But it's not because of a rule but more for political reasons probably. More of an unwritten and unspoken rule for political reasons that Ise for some reason may not need to worry about or else Sirzechs wouldn't have suggested that he should become a Maou. Grayfia also joined his team for the Azazel Cup because she wants to make him a Maou (aside from wanting to judge his worth as a King).

Someone mentioned Sona's school in the Underworld as well, right? And whether or not Millicas and/or Ise's children would attend it. I think Millicas definitely will attend it or a school similar to it (if more are made in the future, which there might be).
Old 2017-11-27, 07:47   Link #2916
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

@Ariel DxD is in its second year. It was new year's in Life.0 in Volume 19. Currently the series is in half its second year.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 08:11   Link #2917
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. One year already passed by as of Volume 21 and 22. Near the end of the former, Vali said to Ise that his growth has been far too erratic since he gained a near God-like power in only a year after becoming a Devil. And in Volume 22, Rias and the other third-years at Kuou Academy graduated and Ise and the others who were second-years became third-years.
Old 2017-11-27, 12:40   Link #2918
Drcl972

This discussion is completely pointless. Its a matter of fact that Ise hardly spend time with his wives and kids, no matter what you say, you can't go against a canon fact stated several times by 5 different peoples.

Yes, there are 5 people that said it, it's not only Zen, how delusional can you be for ignoring that fact?
Other than Zen's statement, there is also Kurenai that stated :
"we have very little interaction with father".

And what about future Gasper? He stated:
"there are many reasons he cannot stay over, let alone gives a chat and play with all of you like fathers commonly do.

Then one of the kids stated:
"He is an importante man, yet he cannot visit and see us face-to-face!".

Ex (after having forgived Ise for what happened to Asia) stated:
"You are always like this! While you continue to be the hero of the people, because of that you create gaps with your family ".

Then there are also the other quotes from Kurenai and those from Ex that all say the same thing.

And there is also Azazel, who stated :
"so they seldom had any exchanges with their father".

It's obvious they have met Ise at least a few times during their life, he hasn't completely abandoned his family. Its just that he hardly ever meet them.

The story clearly confirm at 100% that Issei hardly ever spent any time with his wives and kids. And those few people who continue to say otherwise are just delusional people that go against the canon. End of the story.

Hope I cleared up things, now let's move on from that topic.
Drcl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 13:04   Link #2919
XFire
150% done

Quote:
This discussion is completely pointless. Its a matter of fact that Ise hardly spend time with his wives and kids, no matter what you say, you can't go against a canon fact stated several times by 5 different peoples.
Its been pointless since a bunch of wannabe fan-fiction writers took a meme seriously.

But honestly you're kind of entertaining so I'll just keep going anyway.

Quote:
Yes, there are 5 people that said it, it's not only Zen, how delusional can you be for ignoring that fact?
Other than Zen's statement, there is also Kurenai that stated :
"we have very little interaction with father".
Context, what even is it?

He's talking about training, he says "surprisingly" little indicating its simply less than normal, and his brother tells him to stop whining.

Also you apparently can't read because not only did you get the quote wrong, it came from Zen, not Kurenai.

Quote:
And what about future Gasper? He stated:
"there are many reasons he cannot stay over, let alone gives a chat and play with all of you like fathers commonly do.
Yeah, in the middle of a fucking war.

He's also talking to Ex, the rebellious pouty child who admits later he was wrong.

And it's still in reference to normal families as opposed to fifty people spread across multiple worlds.

Quote:
Then one of the kids stated:
"He is an importante man, yet he cannot visit and see us face-to-face!".
That was Ex, and he was talking about him not showing up when Asia was hurt.

This is also the one most explicitly wrong since it had nothing to do with Ise's job and was him protecting five other family members.

Quote:
Ex (after having forgived Ise for what happened to Asia) stated:
"You are always like this! While you continue to be the hero of the people, because of that you create gaps with your family ".
That's before he forgives him, this exchange is where he realizes he was wrong, and again was in reference to Asia getting hurt not his job.

Reading. Its a thing you should do.

Quote:
Then there are also the other quotes from Kurenai and those from Ex that all say the same thing.

And there is also Azazel, who stated :
"so they seldom had any exchanges with their father".
Oh hey, THE SAME DAMN CONVERSATION ABOUT TRAINING. At least be honest enough to not post the same thing twice.

Quote:
It's obvious they have met Ise at least a few times during their life, he hasn't completely abandoned his family. Its just that he hardly ever meet them.
And eats with them regularly, and raised them on old war stories, and messes around at home with his wives, and half a dozen other anecdotes about their home life that you try to ignore because it ruins your edgy "realism" fantasy.

I'm starting to doubt you actually read this.

Quote:
The story clearly confirm at 100% that Issei hardly ever spent any time with his wives and kids. And those few people who continue to say otherwise are just delusional people that go against the canon. End of the story.

Hope I cleared up things, now let's move on from that topic.
- can't remember who said what

- can't keep track of what he's already quoted

- tries to ignore everything that doesn't fit his fanfic

- ignores all context on both sides of the fourth wall

"Cleared things up"

Well, you've certainly made something clear.
Old 2017-11-27, 13:11   Link #2920
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think I should ignore him in this thread from now on. Maybe that'll be better. Too bad there isn't an "Ignore" function specific to single threads.