AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-25, 20:07   Link #261
solarknight123

Hey can I get your guy's help with the final boss in the answer mode in FES. Does anyone know how to beat it like what level my characters should be and how do I avoid that ultamite attack it has? everytime it uses it, it gets stronger each time. what are so.e useful moves to use?
Old 2008-05-25, 22:12   Link #262
digi.amuro

I had to level to about lvl 75-80 in order to win. Of course dont use Koromaru or Ken and dont equip any mudo/hama persona (insta-kill for the fail).

Have plenty of healing/revival items or skills and equip everyone with protective armor against their respective weaknesses to cut down on knockdowns.

In order to stop that attack, you have to simply damage the monster enough before he can use it. If sucessful, the attack is stopped and the monster is left open for attack for about two turns. Take the opportunity to deal major damage to it.

that's about all I can think of off the top of my head. hope it helps.
Old 2008-05-25, 22:28   Link #263
solarknight123

Thanks a lot. btw aigis is at lv. 86 with 2 persona at lv. 80 and the rest are lv. 72. metis is at lv. 79 and junpei and akihiko are at lv. 72, is that good enough to take down the final boss?
Old 2008-05-25, 23:45   Link #264
digi.amuro

I cant say for sure. I think my partymembers (Metis, Mitsuru, Akihiko) were alittle closer to my level. I'd say maybe raise Aki and Metis up alittle more maybe. Also, I think Akihiko is great against this boss (except for when Mitsuru's attacks get ripped off). He has fairly strong physical attacks and lands a higher rate of critical hits, tho this could be just in my case so dont take that part too literally.
Old 2008-05-26, 00:20   Link #265
solarknight123

say, would it be a good idea to leave junpei in my party to deal some more damage, or would it be better if I had mitsuru to heal and support the team?
Old 2008-05-26, 02:25   Link #266
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Wow. Just realized how much I suck.. ^_^;;;;

Finally got to the fight between "Him", and almost got killed off. That was the only lucky thing I got through... When I got to Colloseo Purgatorio, the first team handed my butt on a silver platter. Sad.

Then again, it was just Lv. 76 Aigis and Lv. 74 Metis. And my strongest Persona was just around Lv 71. I should probably grind a bit more before that last fight... and/or bust out Messiah, just in case. I kept the Orpheus I had from the start, until the end...

I just wonder how did "they" get their HP counts past 900...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 15:55   Link #267
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
say, would it be a good idea to leave junpei in my party to deal some more damage, or would it be better if I had mitsuru to heal and support the team?
I'd say it depends on how comfortable you are with your party's first aid ability. Also depending on what other partymembers you have. Junpei's good as long as he's not being hampered by Yukari or Metis (wind attacks). Mitsuru's ice attacks deal a good deal of damage and is a good healer, so I'd say go with her. Just keep an eye on her (she periodically uses Mind Charge, which is useful but you lose turns when the monster is either powering up his super move or he's vulnerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Wow. Just realized how much I suck.. ^_^;;;;

Finally got to the fight between "Him", and almost got killed off. That was the only lucky thing I got through... When I got to Colloseo Purgatorio, the first team handed my butt on a silver platter. Sad.

Then again, it was just Lv. 76 Aigis and Lv. 74 Metis. And my strongest Persona was just around Lv 71. I should probably grind a bit more before that last fight... and/or bust out Messiah, just in case. I kept the Orpheus I had from the start, until the end...

I just wonder how did "they" get their HP counts past 900...
I had the same problem. I died the first time against Him, but after two more tries I killed him. The tag battles were pretty rough as well, but I decided to fuse better persona instead of grinding w/ only 2 people, so I mostly died once against everyone, while figuring out a strategy to use against them the next time. Only real difficult ones for me were Aki/Ken. I did grind after that and took a beating from the Final Boss like 5 times before finally killing it.
Old 2008-05-28, 01:18   Link #268
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Finally beat Answer Mode yesterday. After grinding with just Metis and fusing the right Personas, all the arena battles were a cinch. Not to mention that I didn't forget to remove the Null Element accessories that I equipped to my other party members, which helped greatly during preparations.

But what surprised me the most... occurred during the last Colloseo fight, the Yukari/Mitsuru pair. Since magic attacks were their forte, I erected a Makarakarn barrier, and out of nowhere... they started blasting me with Megidolaon, twice per turn. Good thing I got out of that predicament in one piece.

Erebus was pretty much a piece of cake too.
Old 2008-05-29, 13:20   Link #269
astranagun

Pretty old but fun nontheless.

Translated drama cd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Z9mbhsol4

Last edited by astranagun; 2008-05-29 at 13:43.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 15:43   Link #270
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
I didn't realize they were still producing drama CDs for Persona 3. Fifth one comes out this June, I think.
Old 2008-05-29, 21:37   Link #271
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiet View Post
I didn't realize they were still producing drama CDs for Persona 3. Fifth one comes out this June, I think.
Moonland loev Persona. Can't blame them.

I fused Mara the other day and...
Spoiler:

The direction I'm going, I will have to New Game+ before touching The Answer.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 23:16   Link #272
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Moonland loev Persona. Can't blame them.

I fused Mara the other day and...
Spoiler:

The direction I'm going, I will have to New Game+ before touching The Answer.
Personally, I found Siegfried + Vorpal Slash + Great Status + Auto-Tarukaja to kill most non-Null Slash enemies. It's even better when Siegfried learns Arms Mastery (halves all physical attack costs) and Power Charge (doubles the next physical attack's damage for just 15 SP).
Old 2008-05-29, 23:22   Link #273
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

P3 has finally bored me.

Why did FES have to shove all of the worthwhile additions to the story near the end of it? WHY?!
Old 2008-05-29, 23:55   Link #274
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Personally, I found Siegfried + Vorpal Slash + Great Status + Auto-Tarukaja to kill most non-Null Slash enemies. It's even better when Siegfried learns Arms Mastery (halves all physical attack costs) and Power Charge (doubles the next physical attack's damage for just 15 SP).
Yeah, I already had Sigfried w/ Arms Mastery and Vorpal Slash before getting Mara, it's just that Mara is a more... interesting looking persona. Made the 6th block a breeze. Now earning cash is less of a chore since most of the stuff on the 6th block is KO'd by it.
Despite being the recommended level, ain't touching Death until I get Lucifer and Satan.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 00:16   Link #275
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Mara's an interesting Persona.

He's the only one with the skill Maralagidyne, which is pretty much an AoE Ragnarok (Surt's unique and best Fire spell). Just imagine how much damage you can do with Fire Boost and Fire Amp.

@Kagedanj
If you have enough drive, you can still play through it. You can do it~!
Besides, some of the Max Social Link events are worth experiencing, imho.
Old 2008-05-30, 18:02   Link #276
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Mara spits fire!
Old 2008-05-30, 20:07   Link #277
solarknight123

Hey, finally beat the answer mode last week. Thansk for all your help digi.amuro , i'd wished i had trained Mitsuru earler than junpei, she was much more useful. Now i gonna take a good break from P3, (finals being a part of it. ) Btw will it be easier to max out all the S.Links in one game than it was last time despite the face that the level's been increased and their's a new one as well?
Old 2008-05-30, 20:11   Link #278
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From testing, I found Boost + Amp does not stack. Same thing with Invigorates/Regenerates of differing levels. If you have multiple instances of those, only the highest is taken. Same thing applies to items who carry pretty much the same effects.

(As such, it only follows that all other boosting skills/items of the same family does not stack. That includes crit boosts, Growth, etc.)

Vorpal blade, as with all other physical skills, just do note that at a certain point (usually when your level approaches or exceeds the enemies' level), it will stop giving you shuffle time even if you OHKO every enemy. Sure you might breeze through the levels faster with Vorpal Blade + boosts, but you don't get nearly enough out of the fight as you would if you get shuffle time. And at that point, the difference between a 9/10 minor arcana and a normal battle is too humongous to ignore, that it would be better to gang rape the mob (if you end the battle with it, it's the only 100% way of getting shuffle time).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 00:15   Link #279
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Funny. I had a Norn (Strongest Fortune-arcana Persona) with a Regenerate 3, and I equipped an Earth Badge (free Regenerate 2). The two skills worked one after another when I'm in battle, which was pretty nifty (30+ HP healed per turn).

Also, same Norn had a Wind Boost and Wind Amp. It was the strongest elemental Persona I had, even stronger than Surt's Ragnarok or Odin's Thunder Reign. Then again, maybe it was 2 levels higher than most of my rostered Personae. ^_^;
Old 2008-05-31, 03:11   Link #280
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I've been considering picking up Persona 3 if I can find it in stores. I'd originally read that Persona 3: FES was more or less a continuation of Persona 3, but I've recently read some comments that make it sound like FES is the same as Persona 3, only with a number of additions and a few modifications (sort of like the difference between SMT: Nocturne, and SMT: Nocturne Maniacs). Can anyone confirm that? If so it'll save me the trouble of trying to track down P3 and I'll just get FES.

Tags
ps2