AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-11-25, 23:11   Link #261
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I still find the fact that Fate's Benkei isn't a real Benkei and just an impostor to be a really lame decision. A shame really, because his dsign is quite solid. He could've been so much better.

So, "Benkei" is a Faker class servant then?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 08:05   Link #262
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Look like ep 9 will air after all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FGOAP_ep7...61395241013249
Old 2019-11-30, 12:17   Link #263
GDB

Good episode, though they tweaked a certain scene from the game. It works better from a story perspective this way though, so that's fine.

Also, ED got updated to replace Ushi and Leonidas.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 15:07   Link #264
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My money for np5 Ishtar have been well spent.

Last edited by Sheba; 2019-11-30 at 17:29.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 15:27   Link #265
Frontier

Laying it on even thicker who Ana really is, especially with the reveal of Tiamat. Definitely explains why she brought up her adult form. I guess the only question is how she ended up in that state...also, props to Yu Asakawa for managing to sound so distinctive for such a different take on a character she's played for so long. Would never have known it was her .

"Tomboy." "A bit of a pain." Yeah, good thing Ishtar didn't hear how they were describing her prior to their meeting .

I guess one of the benefits of Rin embodying Ishtar is her love of jewels and treasure is enough to sway a Goddess to finally join with and ally with our heroes, giving them a much needed strength boost. Plus, it beats robbing people .

I guess it's nice to know Rin is okay in there, but it's mostly Ishtar? Really? I'd say it's 80% Rin .

Asking Ritsuka to kiss your feet? I didn't think Ishtar/Rin was that kind of woman .

Da Vinci putting Roman in a headlock makes me wonder if that's the first time that's happened in the SuzumuraxSakamoto marriage .

Ishtar needs to cover up? Parading around in that outfit, I thought she didn't get cold .

Ushiwaka is gone, so it's time for Ritsuka to net some Ishtar flags! And Ishtar is so delightfully adorable and awkward around him. So cute .

That's an interesting perspective of Ishtar's that she's unhappy that humans have turned their back on gods not from a sense of pettines but from the sense of feeling that it's the gods' job to protect humans from themselves or take upon their ire and wrath. It's too bad the other Goddesses don't feel so self-sacrificing .

It's cool the ED replaced Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas with the two other ladies (presumably Tiamat's Servant's?) from the Opening .
Old 2019-11-30, 17:04   Link #266
Wandering Soul

Ishtar is a pretty bad negotiator. She allowed them to dictate the terms completely and didn't even try to get a better deal.
Old 2019-11-30, 17:29   Link #267
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess one of the benefits of Rin embodying Ishtar is her love of jewels and treasure is enough to sway a Goddess to finally join with and ally with our heroes, giving them a much needed strength boost. Plus, it beats robbing people .
Ishtar on her own also likes jewels. That'd be the Ishtar Gil is familiar with, after all.

Quote:
I guess it's nice to know Rin is okay in there, but it's mostly Ishtar? Really? I'd say it's 80% Rin .
Rin was probably chosen as a vessel because she's very similar to Ishtar in the first place.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 19:44   Link #268
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ishtar on her own also likes jewels. That'd be the Ishtar Gil is familiar with, after all.

Rin was probably chosen as a vessel because she's very similar to Ishtar in the first place.
So essentially they're a match made in a pseudo-Servant .
Old 2019-11-30, 19:51   Link #269
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was only a matter of time before Ishtar became an ally, but I didn't think it would happen this way. It seems so obvious in retrospect. Ritsuka turned out to be a good negotiator, Gil was willing to give 30% and she only got 25% in the end.

Her reaction when they talked about her bull... yeah, she totally lost it

Night/Blond Ishtar seems to be completely dere, and quick to leap to misunderstandings. Still wondering what's up with that dual personality.

I'm really late in asking this but how were previous singularities resolved? We know Ritsuka and Mash are after the Grail but simply obtaining it isn't enough to close the case, is it?

Quote:
Laying it on even thicker who Ana really is, especially with the reveal of Tiamat. Definitely explains why she brought up her adult form. I guess the only question is how she ended up in that state...also, props to Yu Asakawa for managing to sound so distinctive for such a different take on a character she's played for so long. Would never have known it was her .
I'm pretty sure a different seiyuu is playing Ana, actually.
Old 2019-11-30, 21:14   Link #270
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was only a matter of time before Ishtar became an ally, but I didn't think it would happen this way. It seems so obvious in retrospect. Ritsuka turned out to be a good negotiator, Gil was willing to give 30% and she only got 25% in the end.

Her reaction when they talked about her bull... yeah, she totally lost it

Night/Blond Ishtar seems to be completely dere, and quick to leap to misunderstandings. Still wondering what's up with that dual personality.

I'm really late in asking this but how were previous singularities resolved? We know Ritsuka and Mash are after the Grail but simply obtaining it isn't enough to close the case, is it?

I'm pretty sure a different seiyuu is playing Ana, actually.
Nope, both are voiced by Yuu Asakawa. She voices all 3 Gorgon sisters in Fate and all versions of Medusa.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 21:31   Link #271
AC-Phoenix
Detective

It took our young goddess pretty long to finally get Fou's identity compared to Ishtar.
Also her expression when seeing Ishtar's temple

"I'm entrusting you with 30% of my gems. With that I want you to go buy me a goddess"
Finally, the Gilgamesh is back

Annnd Ana is suddenly ashamed to be a goddess(At least as far as my theory of her being early Medusa goes)

Also is this really Rin inside Ishtar? I can't imagine Rin to slip up enough to give her body to be a vessel for someone who wants to marry someone she loathes. Besides, how did she even get back to the past.
Fou's eyes also say Ishtar lost the bull.

I also don't understand why Gilgamesh doesn't just summon another set of servants... Like Perseus for example, or Athena, like letting her clean up her own mess. (And make fun of Ana)
An alternative variant of that would have been giving either Mash or Leonidas Perseus shield... Well the Prototype to be precise since Gilga doesn't have the actual Noble Phantasms.

Spoiler for Ishtar and that thing about Fou I believe to be heavily hinted in First order:

What Ishtar said at near the end also makes me wonder how much this Mesopotania differs from the one they should be in. Gods are still being revered even nowadays, its not the same ones from back then (although the rule of the probability stipulates that Ishtar and Zeus cults still exist.)

What would have been nice, is a little bit of acknowledgement that they've already met Medusa's sisters off screen btw. A simple "Yeah we have met them" would be enough.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 21:36   Link #272
Side-streetdog

Still wait for cutest goddess to show herself in her full glory

And also about Rin, if Ishtar has no Rin part. She would denied our MC request
Since she would be whole goddess with no human heart
Old 2019-11-30, 22:09   Link #273
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Still wait for cutest goddess to show herself in her full glory

And also about Rin, if Ishtar has no Rin part. She would denied our MC request
Since she would be whole goddess with no human heart
She doesn't need Rin in particular for that though. Any other compatible rin-a-like would be sufficient.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 22:30   Link #274
Random14

Quote:
Generally that's it really. The Grail is the thing that's distorting the timeline so once Chaldea claims it the timeline starts repairing itself pretty fast. The problem is whoever has the Grail is powered up by it so taking the grail from them is pretty difficult. Not to mention they often gather armies so Ritsuka and Mash has had to fight their way through to the big boss over and over. That's most of the game really.

Pretty funny episode, a nice breather after how grim the previous episode was. I feel sorry for Rin, ending up the vessel for Ishtar. Fortunate for Ritsuka that Rin's influence balances out Ishtar's worst parts. Ishtar isn't a goddess of evil but without Rin, she'd be way harder to deal with. Though Ishtar's original personality wasn't super different from Rin's, considering their reaction to gems.

Ritsuka's harem protagonist trait sure works fast. At least that's one less goddess for them to fight. Too bad the others can't be bribed so easily. And interesting to see all the gorgon sisters animated like that. It was a short fight but Mash and Ana's teamwork is pretty good by now.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-01, 03:51   Link #275
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

I also don't understand why Gilgamesh doesn't just summon another set of servants... Like Perseus for example, or Athena, like letting her clean up her own mess. (And make fun of Ana)
He already summoned 8 of them. Its just that 3 got killed earlier offscreen and 1 more run away.

Summoning another set of Servants is to much even for a Gil.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-01, 11:14   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Nope, both are voiced by Yuu Asakawa. She voices all 3 Gorgon sisters in Fate and all versions of Medusa.
That's impressive, I didn't recognize her voice at all. I didn't know she had such range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Generally that's it really. The Grail is the thing that's distorting the timeline so once Chaldea claims it the timeline starts repairing itself pretty fast. The problem is whoever has the Grail is powered up by it so taking the grail from them is pretty difficult. Not to mention they often gather armies so Ritsuka and Mash has had to fight their way through to the big boss over and over. That's most of the game really.
Then that means they can just focus on beating Gorgon and just ignore Jaguarman and the third Goddess. Of course, I'm sure it won't be that simple. The Goddesses do have an alliance, so the third one will most likely show up to help Gorgon.
Old 2019-12-01, 12:33   Link #277
Frontier

I also just realized Ishtar did Luvia's laugh. Was that Rin, or Ishtar ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
The dub has done similarly with Melissa Fahn (although she only started voicing Rider in the UBW anime).
Quote:
That's impressive, I didn't recognize her voice at all. I didn't know she had such range.
Yeah, I can't think of ever hearing her in a child role before...
Quote:
Then that means they can just focus on beating Gorgon and just ignore Jaguarman and the third Goddess. Of course, I'm sure it won't be that simple. The Goddesses do have an alliance, so the third one will most likely show up to help Gorgon.
I mean, if they want to finish things quick, they should probably deal with Tiamat first, but if I were them I would build up to it and take Jaguarman out. Especially when the big secret weapon they were hoping Ishtar would use on Tiamat...doesn't look like it'll happen .
Old 2019-12-01, 22:59   Link #278
alex_drian

Quote:
So essentially they're a match made in a pseudo-Servant .
...Yes, that is the deal with Pseudo-Servants, whatever is Pseudo-Servant'd need to have perfect compatibility with the vessel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Also is this really Rin inside Ishtar? I can't imagine Rin to slip up enough to give her body to be a vessel for someone who wants to marry someone she loathes. Besides, how did she even get back to the past.
Pretty sure Rin doesn't have a say in the matter. Also, thing of it as a search through time as in a database for the vessel with perfect compatibility.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 02:25   Link #279
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

Pretty sure Rin doesn't have a say in the matter.
If anime-only watchers paid attention to the first entry of the FGO anime (that one-shot aired back in the day), they should have known that the 2004 Fuyuki Holy Grail War didnt go as in Stay/Night. So one can only guess what happened to those who lost.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 02:53   Link #280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

We don't even know if the Rin possessed by Ishtar participated in the FGO Fuyuki Grail War. Or the FSN one. Or any Grail War.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote