Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-09, 10:28   Link #261
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
This is just sad. People who don't know crap about this series are claiming the game doesn't exist without knowing what they are talking about ._.
Clearly, those guys are truly morons. Even more so if they don't have friends who are KanColle fans around.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 10:30   Link #262
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Are you referring to this?
Images
from 4chan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I am almost sure that's a really bad troll. And in case it isn't, he is likely part of a very small minority.
Yep that. *facepalm*
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 10:32   Link #263
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Here, have some anime-related fanart.
Images
Kaga's sequence gone wrong
Laughed out loud at this
Old 2015-01-09, 10:33   Link #264
cyth
Banned

All I have to say is Yuudachi was like super annoying and doujinshi are better. Dropped.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 10:33   Link #265
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Laughed out loud at this
Then Kaga had to lie in her bed for days with back pain...
Old 2015-01-09, 10:43   Link #266
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This may be a dumb question.......

Are their uniforms coded to what ship class they are in? Like Sendai class has the orange and brown uniforms.
Old 2015-01-09, 10:46   Link #267
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Are their uniforms coded to what ship class they are in? Like Sendai class has the orange and brown uniforms.
Yes they are.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 10:51   Link #268
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:

Well somewhat yes. The other sister ships usually wear the same kind of clothing or similar clothing to their name ship.

For example, other Fubuki-class all wear the same serafuku as Fubuki excluding Murakumo, while for Akatsuki-class, they all wear the same serafuku uniform except the fact Akatsuki and Hibiki both wears hats while Inazuma and Ikazuchi doesn't.

Kagerou-class is the most largest Destroyer-class in terms of amount of sister ships and their uniforms are different because they are different by generations.

Try looking here if you are curious to their looks: http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Class
Old 2015-01-09, 10:56   Link #269
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Images
Images
Fubuki got severe damage before she sortied
I wonder if they did mess up at the beginning. Most of it looks like it would hurt.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:06   Link #270
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I wonder if they did mess up at the beginning. Most of it looks like it would hurt.
Yeah, I even question how a Level 1 greenhorn Fubuki was able to get her equipments equipped so easily without training =w=;
Old 2015-01-09, 11:28   Link #271
Seihai
スマイリウム

You need additional suspension of disbelief for Fubuki's sequence and the sortie sequences in general in order to digest the fact that:
1) she jumped onto the platform and happened to land right behind the edge where she would have fallen off if she had stood a few centimeter back
Images
2) The shoulder straps of her equipment just magically appeared because anime ain't got time fo animating unimportant dress-up scenes
Images
Clearly she must have had some kind of theoretical knowledge about all this, how else does she know she's supposed to spin around and catch her gun like a certified badass?
Old 2015-01-09, 11:29   Link #272
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

Yes, they are. Most classes share a common uniform or outfit, like the Kongou class, of which all of its members showed up in the first episode.

There are multiple exceptions, though, like, as Stark mentioned, the Kagerou class, and in the episode itself there were Ooi and Kitakami, who despite being part of the Kuma class, look completely different from Kuma and Tama (Tama is the girl with short pinkish hair who popped up during one of the battle scenes). Also, while they didn't show up in the episode, most girls in the Mutsuki class don't dress like Mutsuki.

The motives for the differences are various, but it usually involves the ship/s history and circumstances. It can get quite complicated, and can throw you off a bit, but once you figure it out, the attention to detail is pretty endearing.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:36   Link #273
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
This is right but Yuudachi sometimes says poi just to say poi. For example simply saying "Poi?" makes no sense at all so it may be counted as one of her quirks.
I can't remember for sure (nor am I sure if I remember it correctly) where I read this explanation before (from the Chinese scanlations for Fubuki Ganbarimasu I think), that "~poi" is used to express "Maybe?" or "I think so?" kind of cases. In Yuudachi's case, this is a nod to the uncertainties behind her claims at Solomon, whether she did perform as well as the IJN thought she did, or were her "kills" really the results of American friendly fire.

Quote:
Are you referring to this?
Images
from 4chan
I am almost sure that's a really bad troll. And in case it isn't, he is likely part of a very small minority.

Here, have some anime-related fanart.
Images
Images
Fubuki got severe damage before she sortied
Thanks, they really made my day

Quote:

It also depends on who the artist is. For example, Murakumo looks different from her sisters (or cousins depending on how one looks at it) as she has a different artist compared to the rest. The Shiratsuyu class (of which Yuudachi is the 4th ship) is another good example. The first five ships (Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Mourasame, Yuudachi, Harusame), or what I call the black Shiratsuyus, all share the same artist and thus a common design. The other two (Samidare and Suzukaze, the white Shiratsuyus) were drawn by someone else and thus looked different from their elder sisters.

There are more, like Kitakami and Ooichi as mentioned above (Kuma, Tama, Kiso by one person and KitaOoi by another), the Hatsuharu class (Hatsuharu and Nenohi, Wakaba and Hatsushimo) and the Atago class (Atago and Takao, Maya and Choukai), etc. There's also an exception to this too: Aoba and Kinugasa are drawn (and voiced) by different people but they more or less still share the same design.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:41   Link #274
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Yeah, I even question how a Level 1 greenhorn Fubuki was able to get her equipments equipped so easily without training =w=;
Destroyers are highly talented from the get-go!

Quote:
You need additional suspension of disbelief for Fubuki's sequence and the sortie sequences in general in order to digest the fact that:
I had that the second it started. I was just in awe over how freaking cool it was.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:44   Link #275
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
1) she jumped onto the platform and happened to land right behind the edge where she would have fallen off if she had stood a few centimeter back
Images
2) The shoulder straps of her equipment just magically appeared because anime ain't got time fo animating unimportant dress-up scenes
Images
Clearly she must have had some kind of theoretical knowledge about all this, how else does she know she's supposed to spin around and catch her gun like a certified badass?
I wouldn't say magically since even the leg straps were shown to get connected automatically, so I would say it's the same logic.
Old 2015-01-09, 11:45   Link #276
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I watch the launching sequences while playing this song in my head.
Old 2015-01-09, 11:50   Link #277
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Honestly not impressed by the episode, apart from the fact that apparently, all the orange/black serafuku girls (and that loli with bunny ears + thong?) are all voiced by Sakura Ayane? What the...?

Yeah, sticking so far with this series (and also Military) since I am currently obsessed with the Sakura/Touyama combo duo. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:57   Link #278
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Honestly not impressed by the episode, apart from the fact that apparently, all the orange/black serafuku girls (and that loli with bunny ears + thong?) are all voiced by Sakura Ayane? What the...?
Also Nagato and her sister.
Old 2015-01-09, 12:00   Link #279
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:

Yeah, sticking so far with this series (and also Military) since I am currently obsessed with the Sakura/Touyama combo duo. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Also Nagato and her sister.
Kuma and Tama too =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 12:01   Link #280
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:

You should try to find out more about Kantai Collection. You would be surprised how one voice actor does several characters for the game.

Same logic here since the same voice actors are being used and as far as we know, Sakura Ayane is voicing the most characters in this series.

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy