Old 2013-11-24, 13:08   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I hope the P5 doesn't have a Saw/dangan ronpa like survival story

Those prisoner chains worry me
....Well that's one way of making max social links more difficult

I'm 95% certain they wouldn't do it but you never know... Grimdark stories are the 'IN' thing now...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:13   Link #262
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I hope the P5 doesn't have a Saw/dangan ronpa like survival story

Those prisoner chains worry me
It probably won't be like those. I'm betting on the chains and stuff just being symbolic for the theme. Well I'm sure like any RPG though having the cast survive their battles will be important .

Curious about the story though. You can certainly pick up the obvious "school is a prison" thinking from it, but considering this is Persona something bigger is going on. I guess like Persona 4 was about truth, Persona 5 will be touching on freedom in some way. Physical freedom, freedom to make your own decisions and not be controlled by some grand design, etc.

So much we can only speculate on still. Like how they will tackle social links, what the defining feature is in this game (P3: guns, P4: glasses, etc), the cast, other gameplay aspects, etc. I need more information .
Old 2013-11-24, 13:20   Link #263
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It probably won't be like those. I'm betting on the chains and stuff just being symbolic for the theme. Well I'm sure like any RPG though having the cast survive their battles will be important .

Curious about the story though. You can certainly pick up the obvious "school is a prison" thinking from it, but considering this is Persona something bigger is going on. I guess like Persona 4 was about truth, Persona 5 will be touching on freedom in some way. Physical freedom, freedom to make your own decisions and not be controlled by some grand design, etc.

So much we can only speculate on still. Like how they will tackle social links, what the defining feature is in this game (P3: guns, P4: glasses, etc), the cast, other gameplay aspects, etc. I need more information .
P5 chains for sure.

The gameplay aspects will probably be the most interesting to find out since they've changed that the most.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:26   Link #264
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
P5 chains for sure.

The gameplay aspects will probably be the most interesting to find out since they've changed that the most.
Yea, it's been years since the last proper persona entry and I think anything could happen at this point. P1 and P2 were nothing like P3 and P4, and I've a feeling we might end up seeing something pretty different from what we're used to. They probably won't eschew the now-integral social link or life-sim aspect of it, but we can expect to see some major evolutions on that front.

Also hoping to see major improvements to the dungeons to give them more gameplay variety. P3/4's were pretty bland.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:37   Link #265
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Yea, it's been years since the last proper persona entry and I think anything could happen at this point. P1 and P2 were nothing like P3 and P4, and I've a feeling we might end up seeing something pretty different from what we're used to. They probably won't eschew the now-integral social link or life-sim aspect of it, but we can expect to see some major evolutions on that front.

Also hoping to see major improvements to the dungeons to give them more gameplay variety. P3/4's were pretty bland.
Hashino had said that there would be radical changes while keeping what has made Persona up until now, Persona. Well, something like that.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Social Links stay and I'll be honest, I want them to I love them but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a major evolution.

He compared it to going from P2-P3.
Old 2013-11-24, 13:46   Link #266
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post

But to be fair, P4's dungeons were better than P3. Not that I didn't like Tartarus but it got boring pretty fast. I did like P4's dungeons alot more on that aspect :>
(but I guess that's just preference)
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:47   Link #267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Hashino had said that there would be radical changes while keeping what has made Persona up until now, Persona. Well, something like that.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Social Links stay and I'll be honest, I want them to I love them but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a major evolution.

He compared it to going from P2-P3.
Yeah, I'm curious to see what changes. I do hope we keep Social Links in some form. But at the same time it's been a long while since P4, I'm sure they can do something to evolve it into something better. No need that's for sure to keep things 100% the same.
Old 2013-11-24, 13:51   Link #268
Soji

I remember many people complain how complain how S.link doesn't affect the story. Maybe this is something that will change in p5?

Also I like how the theme seem to be "Freedom". Also, i really don't know what to think about the dance game O_o.I really didn't expect this.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:57   Link #269
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Persona is very well-known for its music, as well. Despite all the negativity in some places I think it's a fantastic & hilarious announcement.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm curious to see what changes. I do hope we keep Social Links in some form. But at the same time it's been a long while since P4, I'm sure they can do something to evolve it into something better. No need that's for sure to keep things 100% the same.
Yeah, definitely. At the very least make the dating ones longer (please)
Old 2013-11-24, 13:57   Link #270
finalfury
Incognito

Need to fix my ps3 for dis game. :/
PS3 is not gonna die soon, is it?
Atlus confirmed to be better trolls than Kojima.
Hope to see some nice new additions to the gameplay.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:02   Link #271
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

calling it now. they break their chains when they use their persona's

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:02   Link #272
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I remember many people complain how complain how S.link doesn't affect the story. Maybe this is something that will change in p5?

Also I like how the theme seem to be "Freedom". Also, i really don't know what to think about the dance game O_o.I really didn't expect this.
That's something I hope they tackle in P5. Just throws you off at times when you go through a great social link scene and nothing has changed in regards to the MC and that character in the main story. I don't know how much they can do, but it'd be nice to have even some alternative conversations depending on where those links are.

Could make that easier by limiting how fast you could develop them similar to what they did with the new links in Golden. That way a link will not be beyond a certain point and can swap in conversations based on that range of where the link is.

And yeah that dancing game . I can just laugh about it now. Persona 4 really has gotten itself into everything at this point. I'm waiting for the next announcement of "Call of Persona!" Those aren't my personal favorite games, but like with fighting games maybe Persona 4 is a good excuse to check it out.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:25   Link #273
Iron Maw
Banned

I personally would not mind if Social Links didn't return. It's nice concept, but two games of it is enough especially when dictates so much of structure around it. It's not as if this series was built on this mechanic, so I hope P5 shakes up things a lot in that area while still maintaining the series themes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:38   Link #274
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I personally would not mind if Social Links didn't return. It's nice concept, but two games of it is enough especially when dictates so much of structure around it. It's not as if this series was built on this mechanic, so I hope P5 shakes up things a lot in that area while still maintaining the series themes.
In the end though it would depend on what they did in place of it. Anything can be taken out of the previous games, but it all depends on what you do instead. They could keep the social links and improve them or they could replace them with "something."

Now that I stop to think, I'm not even sure what series themes they are supposed to be maintaining .
Old 2013-11-24, 14:51   Link #275
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Honestly I fell in love with the series precisely because of the Social Links. Sure the mechanics are pretty good and appealing to me but the drama and the fact that the relationships have an actual effect in gameplay is what sold me on the series. If they went back and removed the Social Links from the game they better have something pretty darn great to take it's place.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:58   Link #276
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Persona is very well-known for its music, as well. Despite all the negativity in some places I think it's a fantastic & hilarious announcement.
Speaking of music I really hope Shouji Meguro will be on board for this one as the composer. I also hope for Lotus Juice and Yumi Kawamura to sing the vocal tracks since they did some for a dark game like P3, which in turn is my fave in the series.

Then again, a new game with new talents to take the vocal stance also wouldn't hurt.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:58   Link #277
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Honestly I fell in love with the series precisely because of the Social Links. Sure the mechanics are pretty good and appealing to me but the drama and the fact that the relationships have an actual effect in gameplay is what sold me on the series. If they went back and removed the Social Links from the game they better have something pretty darn great to take it's place.
I'm pretty sure character dynamics and the tarot arcana will be there in any Persona game. That doesn't mean it has to be played dating sim style like P3 and P4 were.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:03   Link #278
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
In the end though it would depend on what they did in place of it. Anything can be taken out of the previous games, but it all depends on what you do instead. They could keep the social links and improve them or they could replace them with "something."

Now that I stop to think, I'm not even sure what series themes they are supposed to be maintaining .
I'm referring the exploration of human psyche (i.e shadow selves) the bonds between the characters and strong mythological aspects that are incorporated in every game in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I understand that and agree mostly. But at the same time I don't want the series to become too formulaic especially since the SL end up limiting the game design in other areas such as dungeons and progression. I like to believe that Atlus is creative enough to achieve similar standards and beyond using new ideas too.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:14   Link #279
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Speaking of music I really hope Shouji Meguro will be on board for this one as the composer. I also hope for Lotus Juice and Yumi Kawamura to sing the vocal tracks since they did some for a dark game like P3, which in turn is my fave in the series.

Then again, a new game with new talents to take the vocal stance also wouldn't hurt.
Meguro was confirmed as composer in the teaser, fortunately. Basically the trio you have seen since P3:

Director: Katsura Hashino
Character Design: Shigenori Soejima
Composer: Shoji Meguro
Old 2013-11-24, 15:28   Link #280
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I'm referring the exploration of human psyche (i.e shadow selves) the bonds between the characters and strong mythological aspects that are incorporated in every game in the series.

I understand that and agree mostly. But at the same time I don't want the series to become too formulaic especially since the SL end up limiting the game design in other areas such as dungeons and progression. I like to believe that Atlus is creative enough to achieve similar standards and beyond using new ideas too.
True, I just hope they don't throw away perfectly good systems just to avoid being formulaic. The SL take a lot, but they also give you a lot so I really don't have any problem if it stays in some form in P5. And if they do remove it to change things up I hope that the effects of it remain in the game in some substantial form.

I don't mind taking an additional step and using what they learned from the Social Links. I hope they keep that kind of interactivity between the main character and the rest of the characters. And if they can better integrate that into the main story that's good too.

Change definitely isn't bad, but it all depends on what they do. That system contributed a great deal to the success of P3 and P4. While wanting to distinguish P5 from the others, I'd be surprised if Atlus didn't at least keep a kind of spiritual successor to social links in this new game.

I'll just admit selfishly that I hope it stays in some form. Improved sure, a different system that has a similar effect is fine too. For whatever reason I just really liked the system and it was part of why I really have enjoyed going back to those games. So if they keep something that made P3 and P4 fun for me that's good in my book . But everyone does have their own perspective.

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei