AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-04, 17:40   Link #241
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

TEAM BATTLE TEAM BATTLE TEAM BATTLE!!!!!

Episode 29 was awesome~! I can't wait for episode 30 I'm going nuts!!! This is one of my favorite animes ever!!! AHAHAHA I can't take it I need more Gash Bell! Who cares about finals I'm graduating anyway!
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 19:37   Link #242
^danshi^
running bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura Zanmaden
There is a game for Gash Bell and it's on the Game Boy Advance.
And also one for PS2.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 19:56   Link #243
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It looks like I severely underestimated the marketing draw of demonic children.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 15:32   Link #244
ato
Oups...

Not so surprising, when one considers that Gash continually clocks in around place 5 in the "anime top ten" list week... Above Naruto, actually.

Anyways, ep 29 was fairly good, but I'm hoping we get to see Megu and Kiyomaru kick some serious butt (metaphorically speaking) together in ep 30. Ah, the never ending cliffhangers....
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 16:57   Link #245
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm really looking forward to episode 30 also! While the two they are facing are a good team because they can each compensate for the others weaknesses, I figure that Gash and Tio will be an even better team because they have complementing strengths. Powerful defense plus powerful offense equals the ultimate team. Not to mention the added bonus that we have Tio and Megumi! (I really like Tio and Megumi.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-05, 17:25   Link #246
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I re-watched Episode 24 3 times today.
Spoiler for Ep 24:
I don't know why but its so hilarious to me today. Oh man, Umagon + Kiyomaro = unbeatable comedy. Hahaha
Old 2004-05-05, 18:00   Link #247
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Not so surprising, when one considers that Gash continually clocks in around place 5 in the "anime top ten" list week... Above Naruto, actually.
Yep, Gash tends to always have higher ratings than Naruto. If you ever buy newtypes(american or japanese) which has ratings numbers you see Gash ratings numbers go from 8-10% while Naruto jumps around alot from 5.5% to 9% or so.

Interesting note on Tio's power element. This is something never really mentioned in the manga or anime so not really a spoiler. But in the character book for the manga, Tio's element is categorized as Holy.
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 15:48   Link #248
kero

i wanna vulcan 300!!

just got into this, and i have to ask

Is the voice actor who does Gash Bell the one who does Tony Tony Chopper in One Piece, I believe it is, just want some comfirmation.
kero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 15:52   Link #249
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero

Is the voice actor who does Gash Bell the one who does Tony Tony Chopper in One Piece, I believe it is, just want some comfirmation.

Hmm, I'm not sure but now that I think about it they do sound similar. I love Gash's voice though. It is that perfection that really puts this series over the edge of greatness

(PS: I also want my own Vulcan 300, complete with the bow and arrow set!)
Old 2004-05-14, 15:53   Link #250
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I think this series could use a forum of it's own too.

So Umagon can have a thread on it's own. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 16:42   Link #251
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I think this series could use a forum of it's own too.

So Umagon can have a thread on it's own. ^^
I concur. It already has more threads than Konomini which somehow or another got its own forum. I just wish that episodes could be released a little bit sooner (1 per week). But I'm getting it for free and other people are subbing it for free so I'm not complaining.
Old 2004-05-16, 22:29   Link #252
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero

I said this before in another post, but it got split off into ANOTHER topic, but yes, same voice actress. I hope this post won't get sent into that topic.
Old 2004-05-16, 23:37   Link #253
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

sadly, konjiki no gash bell is one of the most underrated anime of the year 2003
but toei is notorious for making 100+ episode animes...hope kngb doesn't turn out like that!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 00:58   Link #254
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
sadly, konjiki no gash bell is one of the most underrated anime of the year 2003
but toei is notorious for making 100+ episode animes...hope kngb doesn't turn out like that!

How is it underrated? Last time I heard it was beating the pants off of Naruto (in Japan). I don't think its underrated here. Its just that not enough people have watched it yet. I like it about 1000x more than Naruto

And also I don't think I'll have any problem with it becomeing 100+ episodes, as long as there's something happening. Its when the anime continues and nothing new and exciting happens (*cough* Inuyasha), it starts to suck. I don't see that happening with Gash Bell though, so hopefully I'm right
Old 2004-05-17, 02:07   Link #255
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Underrated to American fans, but in Japan it's a big hit. It definitely gets the numbers in ratings, better than Naruto. And why would they cut the anime short? There is a manga to the show you know.....and that manga is still running. It's not TOEI's fault the story is long, they can't control the length of it.
Old 2004-05-17, 02:11   Link #256
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I concur. It already has more threads than Konomini which somehow or another got its own forum. I just wish that episodes could be released a little bit sooner (1 per week). But I'm getting it for free and other people are subbing it for free so I'm not complaining.
No... Vulcan 300 needs a thread of its own--it and its' 2(and number rising) predessesors
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 02:17   Link #257
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

How did those two Vulcans die? Did they just wear out or was there a manga story that was left out of the anime?

Old 2004-05-17, 02:21   Link #258
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Didn't the first one died because the hand fell off?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 02:32   Link #259
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
How did those two Vulcans die? Did they just wear out or was there a manga story that was left out of the anime?
LOL The manga doesn't really go into that much useless information, besides it can be hard to tell when a new one comes in the manga because, OMG no color pages most of the time.
Old 2004-05-17, 12:34   Link #260
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think they just wore out. I mean Gash plays pretty hard and a little cardboard box and chopsticks can only take so much of a beating If you noticed in one of the more recent episodes Vulcan 300 V3 is looking pretty beat-up. Looks like we'll see a new version soon Oh, did anyone notice Vulcan 300 V3's cool bow & arrow cut-out set? That's freaking awesome! Do you think they sell Vulcan 300 in Japan? (I wouldn't be surprised if they do )