Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-04-20, 23:11   Link #241
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Yeah, I'm referring to the actor's age. Apparently our new host is a married man with a child.
So was Shunichi Maki. He had a wife & son.

Old 2023-04-20, 23:28   Link #242
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So was Shunichi Maki. He had a wife & son.

Yeah, already saw the fanbase comparing the new series with The Next.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 00:53   Link #243
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Yeah, already saw the fanbase comparing the new series with The Next.
Rather than being hyped up because the protag is older, I'm more interested by the fact that the protag/Ultraman host is the leader of the science/attack team. We don't get much of that.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, thank God they don't touch Gaia (for now).
Old 2023-04-21, 05:32   Link #244
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Saw plenty of opinions suspected Blazar to be Next Gen Nexus.

Similar older protagonist and incomplete-looking form, the toys also shown a Blazar coin named with 'incomplete' so it likely be a trip to obtain Blazar true form just like Nexus -> Noa; attention to "Blazar coming from M421" is interesting and hopefully will be touched considering how Blazar incomplete state looks even more vulnerable than initial Nexus.

Heart as Ultraman made me hyped, man got natural charisma enough to put him behind Chaser on Drive character popularity I wonder how he'll perform as head scientist.
It amusing enough the device shape and circular light appear similar enough to Drive Driver I can see the device do similar pattern change just like Drive Driver for each coins.

YouTube
Old 2023-04-21, 20:40   Link #245
justavisitor

I absolutely don't mind if it's the new gen nexus lol if they give us Lucifer as the final boss

Seems like it's more serious, which is good. and they say ultraman is the space kaiju?? Hopefully they won't say ultraman is our friend! just 2 episodes in XD

Can't recognize the protagonist is the Heart from Kamen rider drive...lol you guys recognize actors real fast
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 11:28   Link #246
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Old 2023-06-12, 05:23   Link #247
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Old 2023-06-12, 07:33   Link #248
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Looks promising, but the attack team's gears & sets look very cheap from that trailer though.
Old 2023-07-07, 20:14   Link #249
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Not a bad beginning but Blazar repeating his "roar" makes the fight feel funny to me.
Old 2023-07-07, 21:02   Link #250
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I love how audiences seems agreed that Blazar is a caveman Ultra.
He's roaring not because he tried to intimidate kaiju but expressed himself like a stereotypical primitive man.

Unfortunately not much to tell about Gento, will he just became feedback for Blazar or we will finally see a commander POV.
Old 2023-07-08, 15:12   Link #251
justavisitor

The roar from Blazer is a bit annoying, well guess I will get used to it in time.

and it seems like only Gento's mind is fused with the ultraman as he is lying unconsciously on the floor? Lol if he becomes unconscious on every action his career as a captain will soon be over We will see how it goes in the future episodes

And I am convinced the red light from blazer is just a tool to spread false information that he is "about" to be out of power. Omg he stays so long after the light starts blipping
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2023-07-08 at 15:24.
Old 2023-07-09, 07:50   Link #252
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
And I am convinced the red light from blazer is just a tool to spread false information that he is "about" to be out of power. Omg he stays so long after the light starts blipping
To be fair, after indicator became red, he lose confidence on his melee game.
Start throwing projectiles and only get close because he get caught rather than trying to slam the kaiju by capturing it tail.

But yeah, this is probably the first modern Ultra I saw relatively strong even after indicator goes red.
TDG and most others like Mebius, Orb, will became extra careful on what to do as their output will be lower if they do more than finisher (e.g. Dyna teleportation). For Cosmos it means playing time over. Here, Blazar just start using projectiles instead of full melee and his projectiles got enough power to keep things in check, his energy spear included.

Watching it again made me realized it simul-dubbed with English.
I guess that explained why the setting looks 'cheap' compare to Decker; they took the risk and go with it.
Old 2023-07-13, 06:38   Link #253
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

In case any of you interested to simulate living life in city with Ultra, either as civilian or troops.

Old 2023-07-14, 20:40   Link #254
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

That awkward moment when Ultraman with KR actor got more KR vibes than currently airing KR.

So Blazar is sentient enough to tell his host to transform; this transformation is so natural, really felt like a 35-year old man just learn about transformation. LOL.
Old 2023-07-14, 20:58   Link #255
justavisitor

This series seems more like a slice of life comedy, a bit like my favorite anime patlabor. I think I will enjoy this show.

Hopefully each character will get more development and there will be more interaction between the characters, like this episode.
Old 2023-07-14, 22:51   Link #256
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Very fun episode. Especially when they self deprecated (almost broke the 4th wall) and said that their car/station looks cheap & low-budget . I approve.

The watchalong with the main cast is quite fun. They had to watch episode 1 & 2 in English Dub with subtitles . They also share some trivias from the shoot.
YouTube
Old 2023-07-21, 20:23   Link #257
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Another fun episode.

BTW Earth Garon -> As Garon -> Ascalon

Old 2023-07-22, 07:09   Link #258
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Watching Seki Tomokazu acting on screen in episode 3 as a scientist is purely amusing.
YouTube
Old 2023-07-22, 13:17   Link #259
justavisitor

didn't watch the scene probably.

Who was the one falling into the warp hole again? (whatever it is). Was it the Gento's former comrade ?
Old 2023-07-28, 21:14   Link #260
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman