AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 23:47   Link #241
Miraluka
Banned

@risingstar3110

I could swear you're talking about Dragon Ball.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 23:51   Link #242
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
@risingstar3110

I could swear you're talking about Dragon Ball.
Actually, SW did something similar in its first season, taking its sweet time to establish things for a series with such a simple hook and plot. Kancolle didn't waste time.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 23:53   Link #243
rladls2121

That red dot, can it be?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 00:01   Link #244
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Actually, SW did something similar in its first season, taking its sweet time to establish things for a series with such a simple hook and plot. Kancolle didn't waste time.
It didn't take certain things anywhere either from season to season. Was kind of disappointed.

I hope they don't do that going from season to season. Though I recall it was posted they are already working on the plot for one?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 00:21   Link #245
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Can't wait to see Kongou turn to shine in SoL part, probably next episode.

But honestly was real surprised at how much content they could packed into ep 1. Any other anime would have prolong the introduction part and end ep 1 with Nagato "we will prepare the offensive". Then have ep 2 showing the girls being prepared for it, more Fubuki fiddled around telling the truth about her inexperience, and the Abyssal Hime won't appear till the end of Ep 2. Then more dramatic and flash back and the rest of this episode will pan into ep 3
Probably Kusakawa's style (he directed the Nanoha series). After all this is the man who, at the very first episode, threw a rampaging monster at a 9-yo girl and her ferret. I guess he feels there's no need to go easy this time with anthropomorphised warships, greenhorn or not

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 00:25   Link #246
Miraluka
Banned

^
That's not a first though.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 02:15   Link #247
Death Usagi
Banned

We were tricked. The Yuudachi is a fake. She is a spy.

Her true identity was:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 02:26   Link #248
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
We were tricked. The Yuudachi is a fake. She is a spy.

Her true identity was:

Images
B-but then...who is the KanColle I-40? o_o

*dramatic music*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 03:51   Link #249
lfhoule

Maybe it's too early in the series for this, but I was sort of expecting / hoping for some cross-over nod back to Arpeggio of Blue Steel as it occurred when Arpeggio ran with the end cards.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 04:46   Link #250
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
Maybe it's too early in the series for this, but I was sort of expecting / hoping for some cross-over nod back to Arpeggio of Blue Steel as it occurred when Arpeggio ran with the end cards.
The end card for this episode featuring Arpeggio's and Kancolle's Mayas were posted earlier though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Images
episode 1 ending illustration Maya times two
CARNIVAL DA YO

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 05:24   Link #251
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I wonder if Yuudachi verbal tic is "Poi" because she wants "pie", and is saying it in Engrish.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 05:41   Link #252
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It's just a verbal tic, like your eroge girl.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 06:11   Link #253
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The end card for this episode featuring Arpeggio's and Kancolle's Mayas were posted earlier though
That isn't the endcard of KanColle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the end card of Arpeggio episode 1. There is no End card for Kancolle. Instead, illustrations are shown as the eyecatch.
Old 2015-01-09, 06:51   Link #254
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Can't wait to see Kongou turn to shine in SoL part, probably next episode.

But honestly was real surprised at how much content they could packed into ep 1. Any other anime would have prolong the introduction part and end ep 1 with Nagato "we will prepare the offensive". Then have ep 2 showing the girls being prepared for it, more Fubuki fiddled around telling the truth about her inexperience, and the Abyssal Hime won't appear till the end of Ep 2. Then more dramatic and flash back and the rest of this episode will pan into ep 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Probably Kusakawa's style (he directed the Nanoha series). After all this is the man who, at the very first episode, threw a rampaging monster at a 9-yo girl and her ferret. I guess he feels there's no need to go easy this time with anthropomorphised warships, greenhorn or not
I guess that explained all the Nanoha vibes I got this ep.
> New Loli
> No Experience
> Suddenly, Enemy
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 07:21   Link #255
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The end card for this episode featuring Arpeggio's and Kancolle's Mayas were posted earlier though:
lol Sorry about that but it's not. I properly edited my post now so people won't think it's the actual ending card.
Old 2015-01-09, 07:53   Link #256
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
lol Sorry about that but it's not. I properly edited my post now so people won't think it's the actual ending card.
Ah. Since the stream didn't show the end card I thought this was it due to the post.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 08:49   Link #257
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So if the girls are normal size, why even fight with such puny weapons? Why not get a full size destroyer and obliterate everything in one shot? This anime makes no sense so far, and I've seen lots of crazy anime like this but at least there is some logic behind it.
Well until we see that they even HAVE surface warships that we're used to seeing we can only assume that kanmusu are what "this" world has come up with to combat them.

And for practical purposes I've always assumed that traditional capital ships would be no more than slow, BIG targets. And given that the abyssal fleet are also about the same size as a normal human, it would be impossible to see them past a few miles due to the curvature of the earth, hitting them by visual means would be impossible. And if they got close, probably only the secondary batteries could get enough gun depression to hit them and by then it's too late. Assuming we're dealing with what would be the equivalent to 1930's-1940's naval tech.

I'm also getting the distinct impression that the world they live in is a much smaller ocean, based on the map they were looking at. It's not like the girls had to sail out to sea for days to reach the target. Imagine a simple sortie from Truk to say Singapore? It would be brutal if you had to stay standing and awake the whole time!

Quote:
I wonder if Yuudachi verbal tic is "Poi" because she wants "pie", and is saying it in Engrish.
From my understanding "poi" is added to make reference that something is "like" another thing. You know the typical air-head girl that uses the word "like" a lot? Just wait till Suzuya shows up, she REALLY sounds like a slang using high schooler!
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 09:11   Link #258
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
I'm also getting the distinct impression that the world they live in is a much smaller ocean, based on the map they were looking at. It's not like the girls had to sail out to sea for days to reach the target. Imagine a simple sortie from Truk to say Singapore? It would be brutal if you had to stay standing and awake the whole time!
You could be right about the small ocean part but Nagato clearly said that the enemy base is very close to the naval base so this doesn't really say much about the general size at all.

Quote:
From my understanding "poi" is added to make reference that something is "like" another thing. You know the typical air-head girl that uses the word "like" a lot? Just wait till Suzuya shows up, she REALLY sounds like a slang using high schooler!
This is right but Yuudachi sometimes says poi just to say poi. For example simply saying "Poi?" makes no sense at all so it may be counted as one of her quirks.

Last edited by Seihai; 2015-01-09 at 09:40. Reason: I suck at English
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 10:12   Link #259
Death Usagi
Banned

This is just sad. People who don't know crap about this series are claiming the game doesn't exist without knowing what they are talking about ._.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 10:20   Link #260
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
This is just sad. People who don't know crap about this series are claiming the game doesn't exist without knowing what they are talking about ._.
Are you referring to this?
Images
from 4chan
I am almost sure that's a really bad troll. And in case it isn't, he is likely part of a very small minority.

Here, have some anime-related fanart.
Images
Kaga's sequence gone wrong
Images
Fubuki got severe damage before she sortied

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy