AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-06, 22:57   Link #241
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I don't think you understand. It's stated right in the book. Fumiya or Ayako can't become the heir because of Maya and Miyuki. Because of that, keeping their status is not as important as keeping Miyuki's. Either way, why send Miyuki when Tatsuya will get the job done much better?

Not like it matters, Yotsuba have time and time again has proved that they can keep someone's identity a secret if they wanted to. There's not really a point to worry or to start playing the blame game.
No, that Not Fair at all.
You don't understand what I mean.
Right now they're both candidate heir, Maya didn't announce who's the heir yet.
However, Fumiya has many experience doing dirty jobs. Maybe Ayako has more.

You see Miyuki ?
Making coffee, do housework ? Seriously, WTH she's doing.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 23:00   Link #242
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
No, that Not Fair at all.

Are you seriously complaining about fairness in Mahouka??? If anything, this story is completely the opposite of fair.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 23:01   Link #243
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Are you seriously complaining about fairness in Mahouka???
That's plot hole my friend.
Weird and don't make sense.

Look Ayako doing a great job, negotiating with Kudou.
See that.

Miyuki ? Oh my goodness...... I'm speechless.
Old 2014-05-06, 23:10   Link #244
Raskreia
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Raskreia Send a message via AIM to Raskreia Send a message via Yahoo to Raskreia
Quote:

See that.

Are you seriously arguing about this?

Ayako is not the one of the candidates to be heir. Whether she is known or not does not matter. Hell even when they send Fumiya out he has to dress like a girl. Case and point Yakumo did not even know about Fumiya's existence but he knew about Ayako's.

As for why they don't send Miyuki out it is pretty obvious. What is going to happen if she gets hurt out on a mission? Do you have any idea what Tatsuya is going to do? He wanted to blast Fuji grounds just to get over the parasite problem. What do you think he will do if anything happens to his sister?

Hell even Kazuma was worried that Miyuki was going to get hurt during Steeplechase and that Tatsya was going to go berserk.

I'd rather not take the chance, better to keep her at home.
Raskreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 23:16   Link #245
IceHism

Quote:

See that.

I don't have anything to say. It's stated in the book that it's so Tatsuya will not turn against the Yotsuba.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 23:17   Link #246
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskreia View Post
Are you seriously arguing about this?

Ayako is not the one of the candidates to be heir. Whether she is known or not does not matter. Hell even when they send Fumiya out he has to dress like a girl. Case and point Yakumo did not even know about Fumiya's existence but he knew about Ayako's.

As for why they don't send Miyuki out it is pretty obvious. What is going to happen if she gets hurt out on a mission? Do you have any idea what Tatsuya is going to do? He wanted to blast Fuji grounds just to get over the parasite problem. What do you think he will do if anything happens to his sister?

Hell even Kazuma was worried that Miyuki was going to get hurt during Steeplechase and that Tatsya was going to go berserk.

I'd rather not take the chance, better to keep her at home.
So She's useless, isn't she ?
She never do dirty job, Maya also never give him any orders anymore because he's a guardian now. Maya only give him warning about school bla bla bla.
That's the truth. Miyuki has no orders from Yotsuba, Tatsuya also has no orders from Yotsuba.
Frist arc ? No job from yotsuba
Second ? No.....
Thrid arc, No.......
Fourth arc, still no command from Maya.
Latest arc ? Nothing....... They didn't do anything from Yotsuba till Mitsugu's incident.

Miyuki making coffee of course.......
WTH............
Old 2014-05-06, 23:29   Link #247
Raskreia
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Raskreia Send a message via AIM to Raskreia Send a message via Yahoo to Raskreia
Quote:
She never do dirty job, Maya also never give him any orders anymore because he's a guardian now. Maya only give him warning about school bla bla bla.
That's the truth. Miyuki has no orders from Yotsuba, Tatsuya also has no orders from Yotsuba.
Second ? No.....
Thrid arc, No.......
Latest arc ? Nothing....... They didn't do anything from Yotsuba till Mitsugu's incident.

WTH............
Are you serious? Are you really.... serious?

What part of the above did you not understand?

This has nothing to do with her being useless and more with them being practical.

Do you really want them to send Miyuki out and risk something happening?

Tell me if you were Maya would send her out knowing full well that if by some chance something happens to her that Tastuya may as well go berserk?
Old 2014-05-06, 23:30   Link #248
anonfr

Quote:

See that.

To be fair Ayako didn't do a great job. More like, a fairly okay job.

But, yeah after reading your previous posts I'm starting to see your point.

I personally think the Yotsuba are afraid to make use of Tatsuya or Miyuki. Tatsuya certainly does many things that might benefit the Yotsuba, but you're right in saying he never directly does missions for them. I think their only real technical order is to stay low and not have their cover blown.

So yeah, your point is made. I honestly never stopped to put much thought into it. I always figured Fumiya and Ayako are Kuroba's and Kuroba's gather intelligence, it's their job.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 23:37   Link #249
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Are you serious? Are you really.... serious?

What part of the above did you not understand?

This has nothing to do with her being useless and more with them being practical.

Do you really want them to send Miyuki out and risk something happening?

Tell me if you were Maya would send her out knowing full well that if by some chance something happens to her that Tastuya may as well go berserk?
To be honest, what I'm feeling from this guy is that he/she doesn't quite approve of Miyuki for some reason(icky incest factor perhaps) and therefore has decided that she is useless and can't see reason even when faced with explanations that are quite clear.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 23:42   Link #250
Raskreia
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post

I personally think the Yotsuba are afraid to make use of Tatsuya or Miyuki. Tatsuya certainly does many things that might benefit the Yotsuba, but you're right in saying he never directly does missions for them. I think their only real technical order is to stay low and not have their cover blown.

So yeah, your point is made. I honestly never stopped to put much thought into it. I always figured Fumiya and Ayako are Kuroba's and Kuroba's gather intelligence, it's their job.
I agree with the bold.

However, what he is failing to understand that besides the fear of their cover being blown , they also fear what Tatsuya will do if something happens to his sister. Lets be honest we all know what will occur if something happens to Miyuki. This has nothing to do with her being incompetent/useless she's not, but everything to do with the after effects of such.

I always thought this was pretty obvious. I mean look at what he did to No Head Dragon for tampering with her CAD and lets not even get started on Okinawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
To be honest, what I'm feeling from this guy is that he/she doesn't quite approve of Miyuki for some reason(icky incest factor perhaps) and therefore has decided that she is useless and can't see reason even when faced with explanations that are quite clear.
If the above is true I'm done with this conversation. I do not like having discussions with people when their emotions are getting involved it serves no purpose.
Old 2014-05-06, 23:47   Link #251
anonfr

Quote:
I agree with the bold.

However, what he is failing to understand that besides the fear of their cover being blown , they also fear what Tatsuya will do if something happens to his sister. Lets be honest we all know what will occur if something happens to Miyuki. This has nothing to do with her being incompetent/useless she's not, but everything to do with the after effects of such.

I always thought this was pretty obvious. I mean look at what he did to No Head Dragon for tampering with her CAD and lets not even get started on Okinawa.

If the above is true I'm done with this conversation. I do not like having discussions with people when their emotions are getting involved it serves no purpose.
You're not wrong, and I'm happy you agree with me, but one point I can't argue with is that Ayako and Fumiya do get more Yotsuba missions than Tatsuya and Miyuki. I figured I should at least acknowledge that.
Old 2014-05-06, 23:49   Link #252
hakazee

Quote:

At last someone understand what I'm talking.
Sorry for my bad english.

Yotsuba can't give any orders to Tatsuya anymore because he's Miyuki's guardian.
In short, he can even reject the order. Example when Maya want to buy Pixie.

However, Maya also never give Miyuki any order. Wonder why ?
Even the easiest task, for example, ask her to get Pixie from Tatsuya.
Why not ?

Its not dangerous like Ayako job. Get the parasite from Kudou.
See the difference. Miyuki never do anything for Yotsuba.
Nothing.......
Old 2014-05-06, 23:53   Link #253
novalysis

Quote:
You're not wrong, and I'm happy you agree with me, but one point I can't argue with is that Ayako and Fumiya do get more Yotsuba missions than Tatsuya and Miyuki. I figured I should at least acknowledge that.
I wonder whether Maya is aware of the relationships dynamics between the Younger Kuroba's and Tatsuyas. I suspect, her intent is for the Younger Kuroba's to handle the dirty, more direct aspects of the distance, while Miyuki will handle the political side and make the strategic decisions without risking herself on the battlefield, if possible. And Tatsuya will be controlled by Miyuki, both for the safety of the Yotsuba Clan, but also as Miyuki's strategic reserve, employed sparingly and conservatively, something Miyuki probably would do.

But I think that the Four of them, Ayako, Fumiya, Tatsuya and Miyuki would be the primary decision makers in the Yotsuba clan in their generation.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 00:03   Link #254
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:

Yotsuba can't give any orders to Tatsuya anymore because he's Miyuki's guardian.

Why not ?

Nothing.......
I think you should read the part where Tatsuya did not sell Pixie to Maya again. Tatsuya explained very clearly why he couldn't sell Pixie to them. Even if Maya had given an order to Miyuki to take Pixie from Tatsuya, it would be impossible.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 00:16   Link #255
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Here's another reason why it's a bad idea to send Miyuki; she's maintaining the seal placed on Tatsuya's powers, using half of her magic power. In comparison to Fumiya and Ayako who have full access to their own magic Miyuki's magic cannot be fully devoted to the 'Mission'.

The Kuroba are aside from a branch family an organization specializing in intelligence and covert operations. They also have magic more suited for this line of work; Poisoned Bees for example.

Most of Miyuki's magic, or rather what we know of Miyuki's Magic are kind of Flashy and more suited to direct confrontations.

Of course I do like Ayako better but still...
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 00:24   Link #256
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I think you should read the part where Tatsuya did not sell Pixie to Maya again. Tatsuya explained very clearly why he couldn't sell Pixie to them. Even if Maya had given an order to Miyuki to take Pixie from Tatsuya, it would be impossible.
Thats why there's a better example, Tatsuya rejected Maya's order to drop out of school and lie low in the main house in volume 8.

Quote:

Why not ?

Nothing.......
Again, Tatsuya has in fact rejected Maya's orders on more than one occasion, through one method or another.

Wondering why Maya doesn't give orders to Miyuki is a valid point of speculation. Miyuki is in fact not useless. But, it's also important to note that Maya has placed supreme importance on keeping Miyuki anonymous as a Yotsuba. But, it's a valid thing to stop and think about all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I wonder whether Maya is aware of the relationships dynamics between the Younger Kuroba's and Tatsuyas. I suspect, her intent is for the Younger Kuroba's to handle the dirty, more direct aspects of the distance, while Miyuki will handle the political side and make the strategic decisions without risking herself on the battlefield, if possible. And Tatsuya will be controlled by Miyuki, both for the safety of the Yotsuba Clan, but also as Miyuki's strategic reserve, employed sparingly and conservatively, something Miyuki probably would do.

But I think that the Four of them, Ayako, Fumiya, Tatsuya and Miyuki would be the primary decision makers in the Yotsuba clan in their generation.
Maya sort of gives the feeling of being aware of everything, so I personally think she's completely aware of the Kuroba twins admiration for Tatsuya. What you suspect falls in line with my own thinking honestly.

I think another point of interest, as that we may not have seen all the influential members of the Yotsuba clan. It's described as a fairly large clan, but the only real players we know of are Mitsugu and Maya herself. It's entirely possible, some of Maya's actions aren't of her own interest, but to appease other members of the clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Here's another reason why it's a bad idea to send Miyuki; she's maintaining the seal placed on Tatsuya's powers, using half of her magic power. In comparison to Fumiya and Ayako who have full access to their own magic Miyuki's magic cannot be fully devoted to the 'Mission'.

The Kuroba are aside from a branch family an organization specializing in intelligence and covert operations. They also have magic more suited for this line of work; Poisoned Bees for example.

Most of Miyuki's magic, or rather what we know of Miyuki's Magic are kind of Flashy and more suited to direct confrontations.

True enough, Miyuki is a carpet bomb, probably not suited for anything too stealthy. Coyctus could be used for mass assassination, but she'd have to undo the seal. Tatsuya's much more suited for field work, but he's also restricted. The Kuroba twins generally seem to have less rules to live by, and thus more freedom.
Old 2014-05-07, 00:28   Link #257
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Maya didn't even tried to.
She simply don't know what Miyuki can do.
Or she can't do anything because that's dangerous.
What happen if she died ?

What about Fumiya ? Oh she didn't care if Fumiya died of course.

Quote:

What's the difference with Tatsuya ?
Before he became a guardian, he's tool he did dirty job too.

Care to explain what dirty job he did ?
Old 2014-05-07, 00:35   Link #258
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Second ? No.....
Thrid arc, No.......

WTH............
Man the reason is simple, they don`t send miyuki on the mission for the yotsuba because well you better send tatsuya, far more efficient and covertly. Besides maya doesn't even sends tatsuya on yotsuba missions think in this volume 13 is the first we seen him do a mission for the yotsuba besides the guardian stuff.
And lets face the truth if maya sends miyuki on a dirty job for the clan she is not gonna go alone, tats will be there as well because its his duty as a guardian to protect her.
So even if miyuki is ordered on a mission at the end it will still be tatsuya who will do the mission so why bother sending her and him when you could send just him, and tatsuya fights best when he is alone.

Another reason is maya dosen't want to draw to much attention to herself and the yotsubas. Remember there is already a plot against the yotsuba to reduce their influence and power in japan because right now some of the clans think the yotsuba are to powerful. And like kubou said to kazama with miyuki and tatsuya as a members of the yotsuba family the yotsuba will eclipse the other clans in the 10MC in terms of magical power.
And maya knows this and she dosen't want to pain a target on their backs by ordering miyuki or tatsuya on yotsuba missions that increases the risk of their identities to go out.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:01   Link #259
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
What's the difference with Tatsuya ?
Before he became a guardian, he's tool he did dirty job too.

Care to explain what dirty job he did ?
If you read my post, I was not comparing Tatsuya to Miyuki, nor what kind of dirty jobs he did. I have 1 though, it's in the Manga 'Mahouka Kouko no Yuttousei', although this was after Tatsuya became a guardian, he was ordered to capture a fugitive magician, who's magic was something similar to pyrokinesis. In the end Miyuki took care of the guy in a direct confrontation, but that happened as a result of him appearing before Miyuki and causing Havoc.

As for Fumiya's dirty jobs; we have too few of those aswell, at most around 3 or 4 are mentioned and even then details are vague.

btw the reason i explicitly stated that the 'Kuroba' are a branch family is more to do with the fact that it's not a Nuclear family as opposed to the 'Shiba'. This means there are probably a lot more members than we are aware of aside from the twins and Mitsugu, which would increase their infeciency in intelligence gathering.
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:07   Link #260
anonfr

Quote:
If you read my post, I was not comparing Tatsuya to Miyuki, nor what kind of dirty jobs he did. I have 1 though, it's in the Manga 'Mahouka Kouko no Yuttousei', although this was after Tatsuya became a guardian, he was ordered to capture a fugitive magician, who's magic was something similar to pyrokinesis. In the end Miyuki took care of the guy in a direct confrontation, but that happened as a result of him appearing before Miyuki and causing Havoc.
Is Yuttousei canon?