AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-19, 18:59   Link #241
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
It's likely not. If Stiyl razed a forest and Touma came and touched the burned ashes, the forest wouldn't return. The same goes for Index's memories. That's just uf you tried with Imagine Breaker.

I have my doubts that the memories could be recovered as Necessarius destroyed them.
Like Levelseven said, we don't need IB.

What about if Misaki becomes more skilled and learns about magic? Then she could account for that in her memory manipulations...? It is possible it's just being repressed. After all, we don't actually know the knowledge isn't there. We are only prone to thinking that because we originally heard that it was being erased for the reason that she didn't have enough brain-space, and that creates a biased perspective of this, because our first impression was actually purposefully false.

This really means that they might have just repressed her memories and not actually deleted them. After all, I don't even think Styl/Kanzaki/Aurelius know exactly what that spell did in the first place. That also makes me wonder if Alchemy could perhaps fix the problem...? Oh duh... lol...

I'm a bit retarded sorry...
Spoiler for NT 9:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 02:36   Link #242
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Did I say folklore? I think I said folklore, didn't I, Lvl7? And what part of litterature are tales like Cendrillon?...

There is no such legends, those are claims by the religions themselves, not shown feats. Unless there is an exact feat they could use, it would be useless to make time travel out of it because it is so broad a definition.

Based on a fictional mythos with gods, cosmology, etc, not from whatever litterature.

Do we read the same novels?
We do (as far as i know )

and, who says that they cant create a new fantasy story (like the cuthulu storys) and than create a system to that fictional storys so that they travel through time....

afterall: (in toarus magic) fictional+ fictional= real supernatural phenomens
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 09:01   Link #243
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Like Levelseven said, we don't need IB.

What about if Misaki becomes more skilled and learns about magic? Then she could account for that in her memory manipulations...? It is possible it's just being repressed. After all, we don't actually know the knowledge isn't there. We are only prone to thinking that because we originally heard that it was being erased for the reason that she didn't have enough brain-space, and that creates a biased perspective of this, because our first impression was actually purposefully false.

This really means that they might have just repressed her memories and not actually deleted them. After all, I don't even think Styl/Kanzaki/Aurelius know exactly what that spell did in the first place. That also makes me wonder if Alchemy could perhaps fix the problem...? Oh duh... lol...

I'm a bit retarded sorry...
Spoiler for NT 9:
Othinus didn't fix Index's memory problems. She created a world where Necessarius likely never put the collar on Index and as such, a world where her memories never had to be erased at all. Hence, the reason why Aureolus never met Index in World_Omega (my biggest issue with NT09-the fact that Kamachi didn't give Aureolus a happy ending on screen )

There is also the possibility that her memories are suppressed, but I have my doubts. Necessarius wanted to keep Index under their control. I'm pretty sure that they would likely want her memories completely erased as suppression leads to the chance that her memories may resurface.

Think of it like erasing from a chalkboard. It's a clean wipe of her memories. There may be some residual memories which they could use to reform her memories to an extent, but I doubt that Index would want that.
Old 2014-06-20, 09:52   Link #244
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Othinus didn't fix Index's memory problems. She created a world where Necessarius likely never put the collar on Index and as such, a world where her memories never had to be erased at all. Hence, the reason why Aureolus never met Index in World_Omega (my biggest issue with NT09-the fact that Kamachi didn't give Aureolus a happy ending on screen )
you too?? i also missed the lack of izzards in the omega world

Quote:
There is also the possibility that her memories are suppressed, but I have my doubts. Necessarius wanted to keep Index under their control. I'm pretty sure that they would likely want her memories completely erased as suppression leads to the chance that her memories may resurface.
i think they erased it, because i dont see a reason why they would suppress it, i would only nderstand it if the erasing spell is impossible difficult and that the suppressing spell usuable for human, therefore they was forced to supress her memories

Quote:
Think of it like erasing from a chalkboard. It's a clean wipe of her memories. There may be some residual memories which they could use to reform her memories to an extent, but I doubt that Index would want that.
im sure if they really want to give her the memroies back than they can create a new spell, they are necassarius + the help of the magical library, Index could create the necassary spell
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 17:27   Link #245
Inept Forum User

Couple of questions (apologies in advance for poor writing):
  • Regarding the average content density of the Index LNs (I think that's the right way to describe it, though I'm not entirely sure), if one could measure it what would they judge it to be and whereabouts would they say it lies in comparison to the content densities of other works?
  • I was wondering about the 'Kamachi Threshold' and where the boundaries may lie regarding it (in order to guess where certain things would be with regards to it) - I was thinking that these boundaries are probably unclear or vary, but what would others say on the matter?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-07-05 at 17:50.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:00   Link #246
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post

Regarding the average content density of the Index LNs (I think that's the right way to describe it, though I'm not entirely sure), if one could measure it what would they judge it to be and whereabouts would they say it lies in comparison to the content densities of other works?
I takes its time to use it, way too much, a lot of potential plot and character material to be used but isn't, literary wise it's a poor way to hook up the readers because it also can give them the impression that the author doesn't cares, as such they shouldn't care, backfiring on the author and leaving the chance of them gradually stopping/dropping the series the longer it becomes.

Quote:
I was wondering about the 'Kamachi Threshold' and where the boundaries may lie regarding it (in order to guess where certain things would be with regards to it) - I was thinking that these boundaries are probably unclear or vary, but what would others say on the matter?
Mind elaborating on this a bit more?
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 19:24   Link #247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
  • Regarding the average content density of the Index LNs (I think that's the right way to describe it, though I'm not entirely sure), if one could measure it what would they judge it to be and whereabouts would they say it lies in comparison to the content densities of other works?
In other words, how much Kamachi can squeeze into a book?

To be honest, not all that much more than other series in this genre. Although his later stories involve a ton of moving parts, but even so there are other series that does it as well.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 10:07   Link #248
Inept Forum User

Just wondering, has the forum's second jump-link (to Railgun LN/M) been removed on purpose or by accident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In other words, how much Kamachi can squeeze into a book?

To be honest, not all that much more than other series in this genre. Although his later stories involve a ton of moving parts, but even so there are other series that does it as well.
Indeed, both in the average amount of words on a page and the content conveyed by the words in the book.

So Index's content density is roughly average for a Japanese light novel is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Mind elaborating on this a bit more?
Sorry about that, I used one of the terms from some of my notes by mistake. It is something similar to Kamachi's style (though that doesn't completely cover what I had in mind).

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-07-11 at 17:54. Reason: Adding a temporary brief description. Will attempt a more detailed and accurate explanation later.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 19:12   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Indeed, both in the average amount of words on a page and the content conveyed by the words in the book.

So Index's content density is roughly average for a Japanese light novel is it?
I suppose? It's more than a Baka to Test, but less than a Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
Old 2014-07-11, 20:04   Link #250
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I suppose? It's more than a Baka to Test, but less than a Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
Everything is less than Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 17:13   Link #251
WingsofFreedom

Greetings there,
I had a couple of questions concerning the Light Novel and the manga, so I'd like someone to tell me :

1- Which one started first, the Light Novel or the Manga ?

2- Are both Light Novel and manga still going on or one of them just ended ?

3- What is the difference between the manga and the Light novel from the point of the story line ? ( I actually read few pages from chapter 64 the manga and i saw no difference from the Anime story line)

Thanks.
WingsofFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 17:16   Link #252
Miraluka
Banned

1. Light novels.
2. Still ongoing.
3. More details and background info.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 19:30   Link #253
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Light Novel has more details, Manga is more streamline.
Old 2014-07-13, 21:01   Link #254
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
1. Light novels.
2. Still ongoing.
3. More details and background info.
To add on to number 3, character development and establishment are done better in the novels mainly by merit of the medium.

Not to mention the manga skips the Deep Blood and Angel Fall Arcs, both of which were shortened in the anime.
Old 2014-07-13, 22:31   Link #255
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

And yet starting from chapter 22 which adapts Volume 5, the manga is a better adaptation of the novels than the anime is.
Old 2014-07-16, 03:29   Link #256
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
And yet starting from chapter 22 which adapts Volume 5, the manga is a better adaptation of the novels than the anime is.
That is... pre-season 3. We can be hopeful for future installments...

Also, I'd like to add in that the light novels are on the whole probably really good reads after season 2 starting at Volume 13 (if you don't want to wait for season 3 of Index or the manga to catch up... since it might take a while...)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 00:50   Link #257
entei08

Quote:
Her incantation ended with a shrill scream, the lance in Birdway’s hand grew unstable and exploded, and the nun’s full collection of 32 teeth spread out before his eyes.
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but does this sort of give an indication of Index's age?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 04:18   Link #258
Karna
just some guy

Having 32 teeth would include wisdom teeth. So late teens minimum. It may just be bad research on kamachi's part. I think I remember the novels saying she looked to br "around 15 years old".
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 04:29   Link #259
Draco Spirit

She's been described as being around the same age as Mikoto, who's been confirmed as being 14.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 04:44   Link #260
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Having 32 teeth would include wisdom teeth. So late teens minimum. It may just be bad research on kamachi's part. I think I remember the novels saying she looked to br "around 15 years old".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
She's been described as being around the same age as Mikoto, who's been confirmed as being 14.
I quote wiki

Quote:
Wisdom teeth generally appear between the ages of 17 and 25.
Kamachi had no idea when he wrote this didn't he

Or is Index really just that old
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
memories, q&a