AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-20, 01:18   Link #221
The Infinite Dream

Man im starting to feel bad for Bova all he wants to do is become the fang of the red dragon emperor but he keeps getting smashed in the tournament.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 01:19   Link #222
syzorst
syzorst

Akeno's power up

Spoiler:

Furthermore

Spoiler:
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 01:23   Link #223
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Akeno's power up

Spoiler:

Furthermore

Spoiler:
So, uh...isnt Asia like the strongest member of Issei's peerage at this point thanks to Fafnir?
Old 2018-12-20, 01:29   Link #224
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So, uh...isnt Asia like the strongest member of Issei's peerage at this point thanks to Fafnir?
She's one of the most problematic to deal with and her BxB is OP with insane defense. Even Crom was struggling that defense. So what do you think of Rias tactics so far?
Old 2018-12-20, 01:33   Link #225
XFire
150% done

Quote:
She's one of the most problematic to deal with and her BxB is OP with insane defense. Even Crom was struggling that defense. So what do you think of Rias tactics so far?
Well, blitzing the scouts to remove Roygun was pretty smart. Not sure how much stamina got burned up considering the brevity of the fights, so maybe that backfired on Ravel?

That said, Crom getting stalled by Fafnir seems pretty bad. I guess we'll see.
Old 2018-12-20, 01:38   Link #226
The Infinite Dream

I wouldnt say its bad as she had the defense to keep a god occupied the whole rating game in volume 25. Or do you mean for Rias?
Old 2018-12-20, 01:38   Link #227
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, blitzing the scouts to remove Roygun was pretty smart. Not sure how much stamina got burned up considering the brevity of the fights, so maybe that backfired on Ravel?

That said, Crom getting stalled by Fafnir seems pretty bad. I guess we'll see.
It's not really a bad lost for Issei if you think about it. Rias is already at a disadvantage due to having less number of people so she has to cut them down to even the odds. Remember that Issei haven't used any of his big players yet except Asia and she's stalling Rias' greatest power which is Crom. Since Crom is out of the picture for now, Rias has to deal with the rest.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 01:42   Link #228
Lucidrago

Well looks like Rias went for the overkill in taking out Bova and Roygun. Poor Bova always getting the short end of the stick. You would think Ishibumi would treat him better.

Asia is basically the most powerful non-combatant I've ever seen. Ishibumi really needs to nerf her.

Well I was hoping Issei would put both Ascalons to use again but I guess that was too much to ask.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 01:45   Link #229
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well looks like Rias went for the overkill in taking out Bova and Roygun. Poor Bova always getting the short end of the stick. You would think Ishibumi would treat him better.

Asia is basically the most powerful non-combatant I've ever seen. Ishibumi really needs to nerf her.

Well I was hoping Issei would put both Ascalons to use again but I guess that was too much to ask.
Roygun was the real target, Bova was just unfortunate to be there. Rias went for the overkill because she didn't want to take any chances in letting Roygun escape which is why she went herself to freeze her with time stop.
Old 2018-12-20, 01:46   Link #230
The Infinite Dream

I was kind of hoping for a battle with crom and issei. With him using ascalon and them not working on him but i guess that didnt happen.

Her bxb has been insane since the get go since she was able to over come a super devil whos power is a sacred gear canceler. So if she was able to over come that which would be her biggest weakness other based attacks shouldnt do as much damage imo.
Old 2018-12-20, 01:48   Link #231
Blazor 98

Is it just me or did Rias use Ravel's own supremacy tactic against Ravel? Using overwhelming power to crush Ravel's strategy? Rias did to Ravel what Ravel did to Sona. Interesting.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 01:56   Link #232
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Is it just me or did Rias use Ravel's own supremacy tactic against Ravel? Using overwhelming power to crush Ravel's strategy? Rias did to Ravel what Ravel did to Sona. Interesting.
Well you do have to consider that Ravel's tactics are very similar to Rias' tactics in the use of overwhelming power to overcome their opponents. Although Ravel's tactics are far more ruthless and unforgiving as she uses the team's overwhelming power to mercilessly crush any and all resistance and destroy all the opponents' advantages. Or evening the odds and completely flipping the tables. Rias' tactics do come close as that was very close to how Ravel does things but it doesn't come close to Ravel's ruthlessness.

@Djeveler I don't know. That form looks very draconic to me. Maybe It's just the angle. But that looks nothing like Tobio's regular dog god form to me. And since it's black-and-white we really don't know what color it is.

But can somehow please make a Slash Dog Volume 3 thread?

EDIT: Ignore that last sentence of mine. Someone already posted it in the 'Requests for new threads' forum.
Old 2018-12-20, 01:58   Link #233
The Infinite Dream

Ravel aims to use overwhelming power to destroy the opponent before they get their tactics off. Rias likes to use overwhelming power to counter their tactics. Theyre the same in the since they like to use overwhelming power but different on when they actually use it imo.
Old 2018-12-20, 02:05   Link #234
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
Ravel aims to use overwhelming power to destroy the opponent before they get their tactics off. Rias likes to use overwhelming power to counter their tactics. Theyre the same in the since they like to use overwhelming power but different on when they actually use it imo.
Still taking out Roygun at the very beginning is a very Ravel thing to do. Prevent her from using her experience and knowledge of the Rating Games against them by defeating Roygun as quickly as possible.

I wonder if it was revealed who reincarnated Lint into an angel.
Old 2018-12-20, 02:08   Link #235
The Infinite Dream

Oh im not say that wasnt a Ravel thing to do. Im sure Rias thought Ravel was going to pull some kind of stunt like that herself. I was just talking about the slight difference between them. Which who knows after volume 24 we might not see as much of her dominating side again.

Ive always wondered that myself.
Old 2018-12-20, 02:12   Link #236
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Still taking out Roygun at the very beginning is a very Ravel thing to do. Prevent her from using her experience and knowledge of the Rating Games against them by defeating Roygun as quickly as possible.

I wonder if it was revealed who reincarnated Lint into an angel.
How is Ravel more ruthless than Rias. Rias used 2 out of 3 of her heavy hitters (Balor form and Strada) along with Kiba and Lint in a 4 vs 1 just to take out Roygun.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 02:15   Link #237
The Infinite Dream

This is the first time Rias has ever been that ruthless though... Did rias whip out a manga in front of a girl whos crush is in it and start reading it in front of an audience to her while attacking her? Literally embarrassing her in front of a large audience while beating her down. If you can find something more ruthless than that ill yeild.
Old 2018-12-20, 02:23   Link #238
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
This is the first time Rias has ever been that ruthless though... Did rias whip out a manga in front of a girl whos crush is in it and start reading it in front of an audience to her while attacking her? Literally embarrassing her in front of a large audience while beating her down. If you can find something more ruthless than that ill yeild.
Nah, what Ravel did to Sona was far more ruthless. Rias just took out 2 poeple but Ravel essentially ended the entire game in one move. It was so bad that Sona actually gave up before the game itself ended. Sona didn't have any chance to use any tactics and was automatically crushed. The whole game ended in a one-sided stomp.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 02:28   Link #239
Parry999

Quote:
Akeno's power up

Spoiler:

Furthermore

Spoiler:
And poor Rias is still just a high class devil without Balor form wow.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 02:28   Link #240
The Infinite Dream

@Emperor of D.

Yeah i stated that she likes to use overwhelming power at the beginning to destroy the opponent before they can use tactics. Then she took it even a step further by embarrassing tsubaki in front of the world while beating her down. I'd say thats a bit more ruthless than Rias.