AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-01-22, 10:42   Link #221
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You're free to think so. I will always think of him as a plague.
I understand his character type can be grating and the "Smile Smile" might've been taken too far, but he really grew on me here and I think they portrayed a more mature and capable Kengo here .
Quote:
Not enough improvement from Dyna. And I always think Dyna is such a low bar anyway.
I actually love Dyna though .
Quote:
That's okay. Both Trigger & Decker are bad in that aspect anyway. It's like deciding which is better, AIDS or Gonorrhea?
It all looks cool to me...
Quote:
Not having new kaiju suits in every two episodes is one thing. Having only 1-3 new Suits in 25 episodes is pretty much bankruptcy. If Gridman, Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, Neos & Nexus can have new Kaiju suits in at least every 2 episodes in the 90s after Japan's great economic crash of the late 80s & early 90s, today's Tsuburaya don't have many excuses to not make new kaiju suits every couple of episodes. Especially when Bandai is sponsoring them & showering them with money. The more monster suits you make, the more merchandise Bandai can produce & sell. The only thing that's stopping them right now is pretty much creativity/human resources.
I just don't think it's financially feasible for them to produce new Kaiju suits as much as they used to, otherwise they probably would make more, but it costs too much. They work around it by limiting it to a few and repurposing old suits.

I think the New Gen show with the most new suits was probably Taiga?
Quote:
Yeah, I don't really keep tracks of these NewGen Ultra/Reiwa shows or whatever you call it. I don't even know which came first (X or GEED?) without checking the Wiki. I don't know what separates Ginga & Taiga based on era category. I just know that most Ultra shows after Mebius had become very very toyetic they drove me away. I pretty much put them all together. Geed & Z are two of few that I actually kinda like.
Did you check out Orb?
Old 2023-01-22, 11:13   Link #222
justavisitor

@Tactics
Wait, so we don't have new generation Gaia anymore??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I just don't think it's financially feasible for them to produce new Kaiju suits as much as they used to, otherwise they probably would make more, but it costs too much. They work around it by limiting it to a few and repurposing old suits.
I am fine if they have 5-7 new kaijus in a 25 episodes series (This standard is already really low)...but you can't just have one, one new kaiju in an ultraman series. Especially kaiju is a big topic in ultraman.

Even Kamen riders don't go that low. They mask the old ones with new cosmetics so you can't really tell. Imagine every kamen rider show floods with N·Daguva·Zeba and the Weather dopant. XD

This is already getting closer to ethical issue from Tsuburaya imo (I am half serious here...this is getting insane)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-22, 15:06   Link #223
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I understand his character type can be grating and the "Smile Smile" might've been taken too far, but he really grew on me here and I think they portrayed a more mature and capable Kengo here .

I actually love Dyna though .

It all looks cool to me...

I think the New Gen show with the most new suits was probably Taiga?
All your defense for NewGen Ultras only tells me that the general glory days of Showa & Heisei Ultra shows are truly over and can't really be replicated anymore.

The only generally good thing that constantly came out during the NewGen era is probably the Ultra Galaxy movie series (starting from Ultra Galaxy Legend in 2009) where they revisited, explored & expanded the older Ultra stuffs & have battles with much better FX, choreography & cinematography which later bled into some of the TV shows too.

Ultraman Zero (probably the most popular Ultraman today) was born from the Ultra Galaxy series. His first host was Run, played by Yu Koyanagi (who was squandered here by playing the Agams role in Decker show). And thanks to Ultra Galaxy, I can see Ultraman Great & Ultraman Powered (from the Australian & American shows respectively) being embraced & brought together with the rest of the Ultras. Even animated Ultras like Joneus, USA Ultra Force (Scott, Chuck & Beth) & Ribut are now recurring characters.

Quote:
Did you check out Orb?
Not yet. Maybe someday.
Old 2023-01-26, 23:44   Link #224
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is it weird to say that this OP theme feels nostalgic even though I never grew up watching this American Ultraman Powered

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-01-31, 17:38   Link #225
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

One of the finest deep-dive videos about a Tokusatsu movie out there. This review (with spoilers) is practically a documentary:

YouTube
Old 2023-02-01, 15:19   Link #226
justavisitor

will watch the movie for sure...just don't have time yet, damn it
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2023-02-16, 13:49   Link #227
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Old 2023-02-22, 01:37   Link #228
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Old 2023-02-22, 19:58   Link #229
justavisitor

So new generation gaia is no more. Good Everyone knows they can't exceed gaia at this stage anyway XD
Old 2023-02-22, 22:53   Link #230
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
So new generation gaia is no more. Good Everyone knows they can't exceed gaia at this stage anyway XD
Ultraman X was the closest that a NewGen treated a science attack team seriously. But even that show was plagued by blatant merchandising where the kaijus are Spark Doll figures .
Old 2023-02-23, 22:39   Link #231
justavisitor

agree!!

X has an amazing ED in my opinion
The heroine cares about the MC
The final boss does make you feel despair

I think the spark doll comes from Ginga...probably they think what it worked in Ginga would also work on X. Luckily they changed courses afterward
Old 2023-02-24, 01:32   Link #232
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Decker movie is out and ... a decent movie, thanks to Decker second half.

Spoiler for The plot:

I guess ... KR Saber: Trio of Deep Sin still my top Reiwa tokusatsu movie, so far.

Last edited by Tactics; 2023-02-24 at 01:44.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-24, 21:13   Link #233
justavisitor

@Tactics

Thx for the spoiler!! the last two paragraphs make me want to watch it

I haven't watched any "extra" since the after-work from kamen rider build (because I was so curious to see how it connected from the ending)

I will find a time to watch this one definitely

To me, the best tokusatsu movie is still A to Z
Old 2023-02-27, 15:12   Link #234
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just watched the movie and goddammit!........90% of it was a waste of time.

Spoiler for Decker Movie:

I really hope the teased new Ultraman is not them trying to emulate Gaia. Unless there are quality staffs behind the show, I'm sure it will crash & burn in their effort to reach Gaia's greatness.
Old 2023-02-28, 05:07   Link #235
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

What I dislike about the movie:

Spoiler for :

Well, if the trusted leak to be believed, New Generation Gaia is shelved in favor of Blazar because Tsuburaya wanted to try something.
Funnily, this will be the second time they pull back ideas related to Gaia. Ginga is originally planned as sequel to Gaia but they scrapped it because they didn't have the confidence.
Now if you look to its naming also Blazar silhouette which resemble Gaia only with different left side of face and timer; won't be surprised if Blazar is testing New Gen Gaia ideas after Trigger and Decker average reception.

Old 2023-03-24, 01:31   Link #236
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Rest in Peace, Jiro Dan. Your Hideki Go character was the first human host with character development and will always be remembered

YouTube
YouTube

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2023-03-24 at 03:21.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 17:40   Link #237
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Looks promising.
Old 2023-04-20, 18:09   Link #238
kiak666

Quote:
YouTube

Looks promising.
The new protagonist is Heart from Kamen Rider Drive!!!

I haven't been following Ultraman, but I guess this is the first time we have an older protagonist?

Last edited by kiak666; 2023-04-20 at 18:21.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 22:42   Link #239
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I haven't been following Ultraman, but I guess this is the first time we have an older protagonist?
By "older" do you mean 30+ years old? If so then this is far from the first time:

Ultraman USA: Chuck Gavin (35 years old)
Ultraman - The Next: Shunichi Maki (34 years old)

And if you count Ultraman that don't have human hosts, they are thousands of years old, like Dan Moroboshi (Ultraseven's human name), Gen Ohtori (Leo's human name), Takeshi Yamato (80's human name), etc.
Old 2023-04-20, 22:57   Link #240
kiak666

Quote:
By "older" do you mean 30+ years old? If so then this is far from the first time:

Ultraman USA: Chuck Gavin (35 years old)
Ultraman - The Next: Shunichi Maki (34 years old)

And if you count Ultraman that don't have human hosts, they are thousands of years old, like Dan Moroboshi (Ultraseven's human name), Gen Ohtori (Leo's human name), Takeshi Yamato (80's human name), etc.
Yeah, I'm referring to the actor's age. Apparently our new host is a married man with a child.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman