AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-07-19, 07:37   Link #221
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I actually could see Aqours winning Love Live on their first try. This is for a few reasons:

1. It could tie in nicely with the drama surrounding the third years (i.e. think about how the third years are framed in the OP). The third years may well have already experienced school idol failure in the past. The show could use that, perhaps via flashbacks, to provide the same sort of drama that would be achieved by having Aqours come up just short on a first try.

2. Whatever we think of it, Aqours is off to a faster start than what μ's enjoyed. Episode 3 makes this clear. It's possible that the creative minds behind Sunshine have decided the following: One good way to have Aqours stand out from μ's is to have Aqours achieve complete success quicker. That would be consistent with what we've seen so far.

3. There will likely be a creative desire for Sunshine (Season 1) to end on a strong note. Arguably the best way to achieve that is to simply have Aqours win it all near/at the end of Season 1.

I wouldn't be shocked if Aqours was to lose to someone in the Love Live finals, but them winning it all in their first try would also not be surprising to me.
1. Maybe Dia, Mari, and Kanan tried forming an idol group before and failed? That could explain Dia's fangirlism over Muse, Mari being all too familiar about Dia and school idols, and Kanan being the wild card in the story. Thus, the theory that Aqours is set ~2 years after Muse. After all, Riko didn't know anything about school idols before she got out of Otonokizaka.

2. Aqours indeed achieved success faster than Muse, but unlike Honoka who didn't have to do much effort to form Muse because her friends got her back, Chika was given a harder route to getting all 9 members to join the team. At least You serves as Chika's motivator but Riko is too damn passive to support Chika at this point.

The Kurosawa sisters can be quite a pain to recruit because Dia's position as seitokaichou and her closet Muse otaku antics, as well as Ruby's extreme shyness, are major obstacles to Chika's dream of forming an idol group. But if the core trio (Chika, You, and Riko) can get Ruby out of her shell and join the group, probably with Hanamaru's help, Dia can resist all she wants but she will eventually join as she just can't leave Ruby all by herself.

That leaves Yohane, Mari, and Kanan. Yohane will probably join if either Ruby or Hanamaru does; Mari will probably join if either Dia joins or if she sees an opportunity to spite her; but Kanan may have some issues to sort out (probably with the Ohara family) before she can join the group.

3. I won't be surprised if Aqours will win it all either, but at least at this point we can expect them to at least reach the final. Win or lose, they will still be a great team to match up against Otonokizaka or some other strong group from Tokyo, preferably whoever the defending champions are in this story.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 08:02   Link #222
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
How about this: Let's have two Love Live! competitions in a single academic year where Aqours lost the first one, but claimed victory in the second tournament.
Again?

I'm all up for two competitions, but with Aqours trying to keep the crown after the first competition.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 16:14   Link #223
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
How about this: Let's have two Love Live! competitions in a single academic year where Aqours lost the first one, but claimed victory in the second tournament.
WHOA WHOA WHOA. Too similar to the original series. People will get mad!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 16:30   Link #224
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Nah, I don't think so. That trope is a classic in sports anime and in the end, this and that are somewhat similar
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 17:47   Link #225
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Nah, I don't think so. That trope is a classic in sports anime and in the end, this and that are somewhat similar
Yeah, it is a sports trope. Easiest one I can remember is Kuroko no Basketball. Hell even the pattern is similar.
Old 2016-07-19, 17:59   Link #226
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just to be clear - I don't necessarily have a strong personal preference between Aqours winning it all on their first try, or Aqours coming up just short on a first try. Either approach could work well if the execution is good (execution is the key here).

I just think there's a decent chance that Aqours wins it on a first try for the three reasons I laid out before.
Old 2016-07-24, 04:57   Link #227
Kakurin
大佐

I know I'm probably quite isolated in that opinion, but I wouldn't mind them not winning at all. Guess I'm just a bit tired of the predictability of the protagonists winning.

Quote:
Well, technically Muse didn't lose the first one since they didn't participate.
Old 2016-07-25, 05:28   Link #228
Ernietheracefan

I think we should call this as Riko's Bizarre Adventure: Dia is (not) Unbreakable..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 21:07   Link #229
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

English dub is broadcasting this weekend. I'm so excited!
Old 2016-07-29, 01:00   Link #230
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
English dub is broadcasting this weekend. I'm so excited!
Any ideas about the cast? Any veterans and newbies on it?
Old 2016-07-29, 16:00   Link #231
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Surprisingly, I don't think they've released any of that information even though it's supposed to air tomorrow.
Old 2016-07-31, 10:40   Link #232
judasmartel
*Author

Spoiler for English Dub Cast:

Just watched the first episode of the English dub.
Spoiler for Reactions:

Faves: You, Ruby, Yohane, and Dia
So-so: Chika, Riko, Maru
Not enough lines: Kanan, Mari
Old 2016-08-02, 05:52   Link #233
AP24

I don't know where to post this so I'm posting it here.

Aqours 1st live concert will be in February 2017:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...bruary-of-2017

I hope they're streaming this live too. I don't think by then they will have enough songs for 2 days so most likely second day will just be repeating first day.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 06:26   Link #234
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@AP24
I'm okay with having the same setlist for both days unless one song is changed just like the Final Love Live!

As for live viewing, I think we should contact our local anime distributors. Although they won't give you a concrete answer, it's better to do it now than regret it later.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 21:26   Link #235
Triple_R
*Author

I recently watched Captain America: Civil War, and I thoroughly loved it. I also think it could humorously make a neat mash-up with the Love Live! franchise. μ's alone doesn't have enough members to fill all the major roles in Civil War, but if you bring in some Aqours girls... Well, here's my mash-up ideas, I'd love to hear what my fellow Love Livers (and Marvel fans) have to say about it!

Spoiler for Love Live: Civil War:

I hope my fellow LL fans like my ideas here! And hey, if any of you know a good artist or are one yourself...
Old 2016-08-09, 05:43   Link #236
Nork22

Quote:
I recently watched Captain America: Civil War, and I thoroughly loved it. I also think it could humorously make a neat mash-up with the Love Live! franchise. μ's alone doesn't have enough members to fill all the major roles in Civil War, but if you bring in some Aqours girls... Well, here's my mash-up ideas, I'd love to hear what my fellow Love Livers (and Marvel fans) have to say about it!
Speaking of Civil War, I don't suppose you saw the idolm@ster and Civil War mashup?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still I'll await a day when someone has enough time to draw up your idea of a Love Live Civil War.
Old 2016-08-09, 08:44   Link #237
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Speaking of Civil War, I don't suppose you saw the idolm@ster and Civil War mashup?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I previously saw a fanart or two of iM@S mashed-up with Civil War, and that's part of what inspired my Love Live/Civil War mash-up idea. Still, I hadn't seen this particular artwork, so thanks a lot for sharing.

@VENGERS... clever! And I still crack up at Iori as Iron Man. It fits really well, and it's pretty amusing. Miki as Thor also looks great! I'd probably have Haruka as Captain America instead of Yukiho, but still, excellent artwork.

Quote:
Still I'll await a day when someone has enough time to draw up your idea of a Love Live Civil War.
I'm glad you liked my idea.
Old 2016-08-09, 19:35   Link #238
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Did you see the trailer, R cubed?
Old 2016-08-10, 01:39   Link #239
Nork22

Quote:
I previously saw a fanart or two of iM@S mashed-up with Civil War, and that's part of what inspired my Love Live/Civil War mash-up idea. Still, I hadn't seen this particular artwork, so thanks a lot for sharing.
So you haven't seen the trailer?

This is a re-edit of the trailer with the audio.
Old 2016-08-10, 03:45   Link #240
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
^With the Producer as Nicholas J. Fury
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol