Spoiler for Comments for 29:

Spoiler for 29:

Also, I found a brief summary for the chapter:

Spoiler for 29:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 11:03   Link #223
ellifeedn
Thinker

I forgot, what happens when a rider falls off their group?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 11:22   Link #224
Slayerx

Decided to add Boko no Hero to the manga I won't read spoilers about... god damn was that a painful wait for the next chapter.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I forgot, what happens when a rider falls off their group?
If rider hits the ground then they eliminated
Old 2015-02-09, 11:53   Link #225
ellifeedn
Thinker

And what happens to their points if they get eliminated?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 13:08   Link #226
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Just read the Oneshot....not only was the art not as good but the story itself was not interesting to me at all xD
Thank God the mangaka changed it into what we have now!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 13:51   Link #227
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
And what happens to their points if they get eliminated?
Didn't say... though i might image that the be eliminated and be given zero points even if they were still holding a headband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Just read the Oneshot....not only was the art not as good but the story itself was not interesting to me at all xD
Thank God the mangaka changed it into what we have now!
Agreed... It went from young guy going around trying to act like a super hero armed with nothing but a knife, to a kid growing up in a world where everyone has super powers. Y'know, i look at Boku No Hero Acedemia and kind a wonder if this is more or less what the Mavel world would be like if Mutants were allowed to thrive as opposed to always being screwed by the world. I doubt my love for X-men and this manga series is a coincidence.
Old 2015-02-09, 22:30   Link #228
marvelB

Well, as I said earlier, I personally found the one-shot rather fascinating. I of course agree that the current story itself is superior overall, but I thought the one-shot was nice on its own. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi added more elements from there to the main story, particularly that hero support company. I mean, Deku's even currently teamed up with a girl who wants to advertise her gizmos to such companies, yes?

As far as the chapter goes.... personally, I find it interesting that in the color page, the only class B kids shown are Hatsume and the dude with the (presumably) slavery quirk. I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt, but could that mean they'll become regulars to the cast? I just find it interesting that just those two were shown, yet Monoma and the iron kid weren't included (both of whom also being class B kids who stand out)....
Old 2015-02-10, 04:22   Link #229
Esclair

The one shot is good, but it would have never worked as a long running shounen. Having the main character become powerful instead of doing his best at selling heroic items would have defeated the purpose of the story.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 06:28   Link #230
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, as I said earlier, I personally found the one-shot rather fascinating. I of course agree that the current story itself is superior overall, but I thought the one-shot was nice on its own. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi added more elements from there to the main story, particularly that hero support company. I mean, Deku's even currently teamed up with a girl who wants to advertise her gizmos to such companies, yes?

As far as the chapter goes.... personally, I find it interesting that in the color page, the only class B kids shown are Hatsume and the dude with the (presumably) slavery quirk. I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt, but could that mean they'll become regulars to the cast? I just find it interesting that just those two were shown, yet Monoma and the iron kid weren't included (both of whom also being class B kids who stand out)....
Actually, both Hatsume and the other guy do not belong to Class 1-B, which is a Heroics Class. Hatsume belongs to the Support Class while the other guy is General Educations Class (mentioned on Chapter 23).

While I'm not sure what role the slave guy will play in the future, I can definitely see Hatsume as a recurring character, constantly creating and testing new gears for Deku before he gains full mastery over One For All.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 08:18   Link #231
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Two things the One-shot was missing that would have made it infinitely better:
- Super cool and flashy superheroes (like we got in the actual series);
- Tsuyu...don't judge me;
Also if the art was on the level of the actual series, it would have made a better impact.

On another not....I thought 1-B was the General Educations Class, because the only Heroic Class was 1-A.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 08:30   Link #232
kazzuya

I guess he wound up in last place again
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 09:11   Link #233
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
I guess he wound up in last place again
Who? Deku? Or Kacchan?
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if both Deku and Kacchan "loses" here and cannot advance. For one, it would probably stop AM to tell Deku to already tell the world that he is the next symbol of peace, just imagine what might happen to Deku's mom and dad once the villians hear of this and decide to get rid of the new symbol together with the old one.
And for two, it would teach Kacchan some humility, well probably not, but any chance for him to learn some is good XD, and for Deku that he is not the only one who carries destines on his shoulders, Todoroki and such are also doing the same and they feel just as responsible/ready to do anything to advance as he does.

I still think Deku needs more time to master his power first before he should tell the world that he is about to become the successor of AllMight. Heck, we haven't even reached chapter 30 yet and Deku already beat the two best A-class students in a quirk race without ever using his quirk at all. And right now it seems he is about to overpower the son of the 2nd most powerful hero in human history in a show-down.

So yeah, for my taste Deku turned to quickly from pityful loser to underdog to black horse to superduperOPhero who never fails at whatever he does, be it exam entrance, not getting thrown out by a teacher that made an ENTIRE class fail last year and beat his bully childhood"friend" and won a race before the eyes of japan/the world, etc and etc.
I kinda like to see him fail and overcome said failure later.
Also this way Iida would for once (and probably for the last time as well) "win" against Deku and confirm for himself his own worth, that he is still strong to be able to win even against his amazing friend, so that his dream to be like his big brother is not just only a dream but a possible goal.
And this way we had the two students, Momo and Todoroki, who got into class A not due exam but due being superawesome into the final round. And honestly, is some students entered a hero school in a "recommended" way, then you expect them to be awesome as all hell. Not to keep losing like nobody's business. Though in Momo's case she was unfortune that she got a pervert to carry through the whole race and such. :P
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 09:33   Link #234
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Who? Deku? Or Kacchan?
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if both Deku and Kacchan "loses" here and cannot advance. For one, it would probably stop AM to tell Deku to already tell the world that he is the next symbol of peace, just imagine what might happen to Deku's mom and dad once the villians hear of this and decide to get rid of the new symbol together with the old one.
And for two, it would teach Kacchan some humility, well probably not, but any chance for him to learn some is good XD, and for Deku that he is not the only one who carries destines on his shoulders, Todoroki and such are also doing the same and they feel just as responsible/ready to do anything to advance as he does.

I still think Deku needs more time to master his power first before he should tell the world that he is about to become the successor of AllMight. Heck, we haven't even reached chapter 30 yet and Deku already beat the two best A-class students in a quirk race without ever using his quirk at all. And right now it seems he is about to overpower the son of the 2nd most powerful hero in human history in a show-down.

So yeah, for my taste Deku turned to quickly from pityful loser to underdog to black horse to superduperOPhero who never fails at whatever he does, be it exam entrance, not getting thrown out by a teacher that made an ENTIRE class fail last year and beat his bully childhood"friend" and won a race before the eyes of japan/the world, etc and etc.
I kinda like to see him fail and overcome said failure later.
Also this way Iida would for once (and probably for the last time as well) "win" against Deku and confirm for himself his own worth, that he is still strong to be able to win even against his amazing friend, so that his dream to be like his big brother is not just only a dream but a possible goal.
And this way we had the two students, Momo and Todoroki, who got into class A not due exam but due being superawesome into the final round. And honestly, is some students entered a hero school in a "recommended" way, then you expect them to be awesome as all hell. Not to keep losing like nobody's business. Though in Momo's case she was unfortune that she got a pervert to carry through the whole race and such. :P
He ain't OP. Reason one, to handle the quirk he had to work out a fuckton.
2, he still breaks bones and tears muscles when using it

Also, the guy is smart and uses his BRAIN. If he failed after those reasons, his only problem would be the fact he needs better control of his quirk and he's already trying to do that
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 06:25   Link #235
kiak666

Quote:
Also if the art was on the level of the actual series, it would have made a better impact.

On another not....I thought 1-B was the General Educations Class, because the only Heroic Class was 1-A.
Nope, there are two Heroic Class. In fact, the result from the Entrance Exam from Chapter 5 had shown us a glimpse of two names from 1-B (Ibara and Tetsutetsu).
Old 2015-02-11, 16:17   Link #236
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Actually, both Hatsume and the other guy do not belong to Class 1-B, which is a Heroics Class. Hatsume belongs to the Support Class while the other guy is General Educations Class (mentioned on Chapter 23).
Geez.... funny how fast I forget these things. Like Randrak, I was also under the impression that 1-A was the only heroics class. But if anything, that makes it all the more interesting that Horikoshi included those two kids in the color spread. I mean, I could understand Hatsume becoming a regular, but I wonder how the slave master dude would fit in....?

Quote:
Eh, I wouldn't be too hard on the author here. After all, the one-shot was an early work of his that even predated his previous two series. Obviously he's gained a lot more experience since then, but personally I still feel the one-shot has its own charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post

While I do agree that he needs more time to master his quirk, I honestly wouldn't go so far as to say that he's become an ace student, not by a long-shot. I mean, for one thing, it's not like he even beat the villain leaders in the last arc, after all (heck, his smash didn't even do anything to Noumu). Nor has it been decided yet that he'll triumph over Todoroki in this current match. In fact, I'm half-expecting that he'll snatch Todoroki's headband instead of his own. At least that way, even if he loses his spot in first place, he'll remain in the game, yet still keep his underdog status in check. The way I see it, Izuku's real struggles are just beginning....

-------

BTW, anyone checked out the extra chapter yet? Basically, we learn that Mount Lady's an attention whore, heh.
Old 2015-02-12, 06:09   Link #237
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, anyone checked out the extra chapter yet? Basically, we learn that Mount Lady's an attention whore, heh.
Heck, her actions during her first appearance just screams attention whore to me

BTW, looks like spoilers for Chapter 30 are out.

Spoiler for Chapter 30:
Old 2015-02-12, 06:20   Link #238
ChuckE
Provoker

Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-12, 07:18   Link #239
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Spoiler for Ch 30:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 22:43   Link #240
marvelB

Spoiler for 30:

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot