AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-07-02, 16:47   Link #221
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Now that I think about it, that scene is heavily tied to the No Head dragon plotline, but have they really expanded on that one much yet? I remember Tatsuya and Mikihiko taking out those guys, and him meeting with the officers, but I don't remember if they actually talked about that yet. If they haven't expanded on the No Head Dragon plotline yet, then you may be right about them skipping over the Mayumi x tatsuya tent scene...hmmm
They've shown a couple scenes with No Head Dragon to show that they are involved (and that they are in Yokohama, I think), so it's not an impossibility.

I don't think it's really a surprise Mayumi is so popular to western audiences. Her mind doesn't constantly radiate "Onii-sama!" every other minute, she's intelligent, and she's powerful in a much more subtle way. :P
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 03:35   Link #222
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Mayumi x tatsuya tent scene...hmmm
I actually think I might have missed this part or skipped over it my last read-through...where was it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
They've shown a couple scenes with No Head Dragon to show that they are involved (and that they are in Yokohama, I think), so it's not an impossibility.

I don't think it's really a surprise Mayumi is so popular to western audiences. Her mind doesn't constantly radiate "Onii-sama!" every other minute, she's intelligent, and she's powerful in a much more subtle way. :P
I just hope if/when No Head gets shown, it's not a complete all-in-one-minute info dump and instead done the correct way.

And it also didn't surprise me either that she's so popular :P
Tohyama Reki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 10:00   Link #223
nosaer

Initially I thought it happened after the fall of morisaki, but after thinking about it, it might have been after that one girl's cad failed making her fall out of the air in Mirage bat. Its somewhere between those 2 I believe, but I'm having trouble connecting to Baka-Tsuki right now so I can't give you the specifics
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 06:28   Link #224
tshamo

it was after the fall of morisaki. (chapter 9)
tshamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 07:37   Link #225
amtro
Distro

We should make a Mayumi-scene guide of sorts.
One that lists every scene where Mayumi does something worth remembering. For the sake of future rereads I mean. An all encompassing list of all the Mayumoments.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 09:16   Link #226
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
One that lists every scene where Mayumi does something worth remembering. For the sake of future rereads I mean. An all encompassing list of all the Mayumoments.
I can be up for this.

BB in a while, going to browse all thirteen volumes again XD
Old 2014-07-04, 12:13   Link #227
Echizen777

Quote:
But... all 99% of her scenes are gold. No wonder we are constantly looking for them again .

The post would be too long.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 02:34   Link #228
nosaer

MayuMoments

I'll start the MayuMoments with all of her volume 1 appearances. Favorite scenes in bold

Spoiler for Volume 1:
Old 2014-07-05, 12:31   Link #229
Echizen777

Quote:
^ as it should be. She is the best girl...and I wonder how they'll treat the soundproof tent scene of her talking with Tatsuya. there were a few subtle vibes near the end of that which shouldn't take much time or effort to animate.
See what they did? That's even worse..

I seriously want to punch the director.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:07   Link #230
nosaer

^ I just watched it, and it fell within my expectations so I'm not upset about it. my inner shipper has already given up on this anime, which allows me to enjoy it a bit more lol.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:16   Link #231
pampz21
ShipCore

LOL Mayumi just fell from the my fav. girls; I kinda like Honoka more now because of the anime~

Is Mayumi too west-oriented that JP people doesnt like her or is she popular in JP?
Cuz mostly people I know that likes her are from the west~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 15:27   Link #232
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
LOL Mayumi just fell from the my fav. girls; I kinda like Honoka more now because of the anime~

Is Mayumi too west-oriented that JP people doesnt like her or is she popular in JP?
Cuz mostly people I know that likes her are from the west~
I don't think there is a single girl nearly as popular as Miyuki in JP and with the OP/ED I have the impression she is even more popular than Tatsuya. But I am convinced that the director really hates Mayumi, I would have preferred them to skip it instead of adapting it the way they did, her character is not done justice. She is just here to give informations and support her kouhai...

How will they deal with her in Yokohama considering her importance?
Old 2014-07-05, 15:35   Link #233
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I don't think there is a single girl nearly as popular as Miyuki in JP and with the OP/ED I have the impression she is even more popular than Tatsuya. But I am convinced that the director really hates Mayumi, I would have preferred them to skip it instead of adapting it the way they did, her character is not done justice. She is just here to give informations and support her kouhai...

Well she always gives me that impression.

What do you mean by importance?

Yokohama arc focuses in battles and Mayumi barely did anything.....

Beside Mayumi's fighting style is too boring; sniping doesnt require skill if you have multi-scope.

What I look forward are Tatsuya and his friend's battle~
Bullet dodging, swordsplay, real magic(Mikihiko) and people turning to dust is wat I wanna see~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 15:42   Link #234
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Well she always gives me that impression.

What do you mean by importance?

Yokohama arc focuses in battles and Mayumi barely did anything.....

Beside Mayumi's fighting style is too boring; sniping doesnt require skill if you have multi-scope.

What I look forward are Tatsuya and his friend's battle~
Bullet dodging, swordsplay, real magic(Mikihiko) and people turning to dust is wat I wanna see~
I am not talking about the fights but how she was basically leading most of the students. She was almost everywhere.
Old 2014-07-06, 00:45   Link #235
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
I am not talking about the fights but how she was basically leading most of the students. She was almost everywhere.
This.

In order to be involved, it doesn't have to always be at the thick of the fighting. It can be anything from doing everything behind the scene to leadership (as Mayumi was helping in leading the other students)
Old 2014-07-06, 05:01   Link #236
amtro
Distro

This has been bothering me for a while. but how exactly is Mayumi's Particle Release magic a Non-systematic magic? To my knowledge she doesn't exactly manipulate a lot pf psions to use dry ice.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 07:24   Link #237
kidswable

Quote:
This has been bothering me for a while. but how exactly is Mayumi's Particle Release magic a Non-systematic magic? To my knowledge she doesn't exactly manipulate a lot pf psions to use dry ice.
which magic do you mean? is it the one who defeat lu gonghu in volume 7 chapter 12?
kidswable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 10:10   Link #238
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:

Isn't that what she always does?

All she does is giving Tatsuya information to rope him in working for her, for free!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 10:38   Link #239
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post

All she does is giving Tatsuya information to rope him in working for her, for free!!
It's all part of her secret plot coerce Tatsuya into a lifetime contract of being tortured and tormented all without costing her a thing.

>.>

<.<

Old 2014-07-06, 11:04   Link #240
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post

Giving informations is not a problem, the problem is that many things which made me like her character are missing in the anime. I always loved her interactions with Tatsuya, they are entertaining, never dull. I would have liked them to adapt at least the moment where Mayumi countered Shizuku's argument that it was an accident with Tatsuya thinking about her and Mayumi's mind reading. Instead Mayumi's apparition was delayed and she didn't talk to Shizuku.

I can say I like Erika because I like her in the LN, she is exactly like that in the anime but had I not been a LN reader I would have not been a Mayumi fan with her portrayal in the anime.