AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-06-01, 15:34   Link #221
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

It's possible that him not reacting to the dragon was another of those "Maybe I knew about this before I lost my memories, so it would be weird if I reacted surprised". If I remember correctly the dragon "being a delusion" in Deep Blood arc was simply him making the assumption for himself, i.e. no one told that to him.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 00:21   Link #222
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It's possible that him not reacting to the dragon was another of those "Maybe I knew about this before I lost my memories, so it would be weird if I reacted surprised". If I remember correctly the dragon "being a delusion" in Deep Blood arc was simply him making the assumption for himself, i.e. no one told that to him.
As far as i know it was styil who told him about the dragonking...
your theory sounds exactly like something which his char would use, but it is still annoying, therefore i gaved this arc 7/10 :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 07:24   Link #223
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
As far as i know it was styil who told him about the dragonking...
your theory sounds exactly like something which his char would use, but it is still annoying, therefore i gaved this arc 7/10 :/
From what it looked like to me, it seemed like Touma blanked out during the whole Dragon bit, so he had no idea it appeared. He was acting surprised when Mikoto talked about how his arm was cut off.
Old 2014-06-02, 08:13   Link #224
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
From what it looked like to me, it seemed like Touma blanked out during the whole Dragon bit, so he had no idea it appeared. He was acting surprised when Mikoto talked about how his arm was cut off.
mmmhhhh, *after looking at the chapter again*
mmmmmmhhhhhhhh, maybe, but if he didnt loose consciousness in any other instances than why now?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 10:22   Link #225
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the Festival arc is concluded. I'll just wait until Volume 10 is out so i can properly score it after the extras are seen.
Old 2014-06-02, 12:53   Link #226
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
mmmhhhh, *after looking at the chapter again*
mmmmmmhhhhhhhh, maybe, but if he didnt loose consciousness in any other instances than why now?
It is hard to say without any concrete knowledge about what the dragon is and how it is connected to Touma. Maybe it is like Pendex and it took control because it thought that black sphere was a big enough threat. I'll have to check the chapter again later, but was Touma's arm cut off or blown away? If his right arm was destroyed, maybe that was the difference.
Old 2014-06-02, 13:31   Link #227
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
It is hard to say without any concrete knowledge about what the dragon is and how it is connected to Touma. Maybe it is like Pendex and it took control because it thought that black sphere was a big enough threat. I'll have to check the chapter again later, but was Touma's arm cut off or blown away? If his right arm was destroyed, maybe that was the difference.
In my opinion, his right arm was ripped off. The force of the black sphere was to great and just ripped the whole thing off. OUCH! lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 14:25   Link #228
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
In my opinion, his right arm was ripped off. The force of the black sphere was to great and just ripped the whole thing off. OUCH! lol
That actually raises an interesting question. If the arm was ripped off, and assuming the arm Touma grew back was brand new, what happened to the ripped off arm?
Old 2014-06-02, 14:34   Link #229
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
That actually raises an interesting question. If the arm was ripped off, and assuming the arm Touma grew back was brand new, what happened to the ripped off arm?
Thinking back to Fiamma and when he took Touma's hand/arm, I'm guessing it disintegrated and reformed back to his shoulder. My believe of course it did the same.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-06-02, 21:34   Link #230
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

If they won't make Index Season 3, then at least make the next season of Railgun since Daihaseisai Arc is already done.

Still waiting for Index Season 3 though...
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:50   Link #231
moridin84
Custom User Title

Glad they dealt with that serious plot hole from the anime

"How could Touma and Misaka end up together in the folk dance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
If they won't make Index Season 3, then at least make the next season of Railgun since Daihaseisai Arc is already done.

Still waiting for Index Season 3 though...
So far they have done sequentially, Index S1 -> Railgun S1 -> Index S2 -> Railgun S2. It makes sense for them to do Index S3 next.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:59   Link #232
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So far they have done sequentially, Index S1 -> Railgun S1 -> Index S2 -> TAMI: Miracle of Endymion -> Railgun S2. It makes sense for them to do Index S3 next.
Fixed!
Be the way, in my opinion, with some announcements supposedly coming June 10th if there is none about Index S3 then were probably not going to get one within the next few years (3-5 yrs.)

This last chapter got rushed in my opinion so many loose ends not covered at least for the reader.... but does that mean they'll be visited in the future?

Old 2014-06-04, 19:10   Link #233
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

"How could Touma and Misaka end up together in the folk dance".
Actually, I thought of that as the usual 'Mikoto forces Touma to do this' event I didn't see it as a "plot" hole.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 19:18   Link #234
GDB

Especially since they were hanging out between events, as seen when they're walking together and are spotted by their parents.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 19:21   Link #235
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:

"How could Touma and Misaka end up together in the folk dance"

So far they have done sequentially, Index S1 -> Railgun S1 -> Index S2 -> Railgun S2. It makes sense for them to do Index S3 next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Actually, I thought of that as the usual 'Mikoto forces Touma to do this' event I didn't see it as a "plot" hole.
The only thing I see being different is pulled off by Misaka Mikoto to go for a Ball Dance. It could just be translation error with the Ball Dance part but I still I don't think there was any plot hole.
Spoiler for Taken from Volume 11 TAMI:

Old 2014-06-05, 02:32   Link #236
moridin84
Custom User Title

Guys, I was kidding.

As a tsundere normally you'd think that she would not be able to pull it off on her own.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 13:17   Link #237
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

TL;DR…
GDB section 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
TL;DR…
OH&S section 1
TL;DR…
GDB section 2
TL;DR…
OH&S section 2
TL;DR…
Miraluka section 1
TL;DR…
GreyZone section 1
TL;DR…
RPG_Fanatic section 1
______

TL;DR…
Missed quote that I'm responding to about why I don't mind if plot threads don't get resolved immediately

Edit:

TL;DR…
What I like most about the Index series part 2

Last edited by dniv; 2014-06-15 at 20:44.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 07:45   Link #238
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

Only twice? I'd say she's made very many bad impressions and only a few good impressions. Yes, sure, for the readers she's given many good impressions. However, Touma doesn't know what she's thinking and I feel like he really isn't that genre-savvy about tsunderes even now... Mikoto reads manga... (I'm wondering if that's why she's so tsundere in the first place... since it usually works, lol.) As far as Touma is concerned, seeing her means he has to worry about not getting shocked to death. She basically ended up trying to screw over his plans most times they've met. The only good impressions she made on him perhaps were keeping his secret, NT 3, NT 6, NT 8, NT 10... and alternatively NT 9 showed that her accepting someone else as him also deeply hurt him, which was nice to see.

But overall, I'd say their relationship isn't really all that close. They're on completely different pages at this point. Let's just say that she's damn lucky because of her massive fanbase/ her clones' importance/ and most importantly the friendship between her parents' and Kamijou's.
Well, it's not like Touma has made the best first impressions on her, they mutually keep making bad impressions on each other (ex. the first time they met was both good and bad on both sides or the second time after Dragon's Breath wasn't the best on both sides either). Besides it all comes down to the misunderstandings Touma causes to himself (he has said so himself that he is at fault too) and the misunderstandings others create for him (ex. NT.6, NT.7, NT.8... wow a hat trick) and yet when it comes down to it that doesn't really matter since they still keep helping each other out without the others input basically because they want to.

Maybe they are not as close as some of us fans want them to be but can you really say there is anyone close enough to Touma?

Spoiler for for slight content from after the animes season 2 or from Vol. 14 and beyond, nothing big but still.:

Maybe now after the events in NT.10 a lot of his friends and acquaintances are going to be closer to him, we'll see. Now i'm not trying to argue that she does, just pointing out it's not exclusive to her.

Also can we stop blaming the fanbase (I know there are some annoying fans out there) and to an extension Miki for anything Misaka Mikoto related? (a guy makes one comment and everything is his fault). At the end of the day it's Kamachi himself who decides what makes it into the story all Miki can do is suggest ideas and changes which in the end Kamachi has to decide himself (or herself) if they end up in the story or not and if he wants to cater to a fanbase (Accelerator manga releasing, Mizaki making an appearance in the main story, etc.) he'll decide it himself.

P.S. seriously want an arc where Touma teams up with Misakas dad, now that would be hilarious since from what I read about him he is not that different from Touma.

P.P.S. Better yet try listing someone who has made a good impression on him and vice-versa.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2014-06-15 at 07:56.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 20:59   Link #239
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

TL;DR…
Chosen_Hero section 1
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 00:31   Link #240
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv
Though honestly I believe that he doesn't want to do anything with her romantically at least at this point since there's no tension there at all.
Re-read vol.2 and Vol.5 prologue to get to know about what Touma thinks. Such self-restrain .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote