AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-07, 19:58   Link #221
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post
ah ah, both Bikou and Grendel is battle maniac

what if they having an agreement/cooperation about
"fight strong enemy, and you can use my power"

this is just a suggestion
And why it has to be Bikou.

Isn't there anyone else who could use Grendel in his/her sacred gear?
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 20:54   Link #222
kikix

Grendel wants to fight anyone and everyone. That aside, he is sealed completely. He cannot make a pact until he is unsealed, but when he will be, he will...you guessed it...attack whoever he wants to fight without having to make a pact.

Therefore...trying to make Grendel into artificial sacred gear...couldn't be explained without some bad storytelling. Unless there will be someone capable of making similar seals to the God, at which point they could help in making perfected artificial sacred gears, without that pact thing.
But then again...that'd look weird if it happened just like that. I guess it would require few years, and not even one passed since volume 1, I believe...
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 02:55   Link #223
ShiryuMask

I think the thing we need to ask ourself is: Who would be crazy enough to wanting Grandel as his/her patner?

That being said like kikix said, Grandel is sealed completely which mean, I don't think we will see him again.
Old 2014-08-08, 11:43   Link #224
DocBernax2814

In the Q&A Thread, someone asked if there has being anyone who had had both the Boosted Gear and the Divine Dividing.

That's ridiculous, first of all they are polar opposites so the sheer amount of pressure whould be enough to kill a human being.

Second, before killing the host, they would drive him/her crazy by the constant in-fighting of the dragons.

Is simply not possible for one individual to have both sacred gears.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 17:56   Link #225
kikix

Well, they may be polar opposites, but I'm not sure it would be much of a problem if someone had actual sacred gears. Unlike Issei that combined both into one. Compare it to Kiba that can use both a holy and a demonic sword (don't mix with holy-demonic sword, but two swords, each in one hand) without them "biting" at each other. Also, remember that sacred gears limit themselves to the user. Only if the user actively tries to force themselves beyond their own limits do they posses a real threat (like trying to force a balance breaker out, or by forcefully fusing with Vritra by Saji).

There are also some seriously resilient mentally people that wouldn't get driven crazy.

That being said, I think that the technology to move sacred gears from person to person isn't particularly new, while a person probably cannot be born with more than one sacred gear. The second would need to be placed inside one of them. That'd be kind of hard seeing as all the previous users seemed to be seriously fricken powerhouses in their own right. Not to mention, the fact that longinuses move to a new host the moment their previous one dies. Not much time to seal them in order to place them into another person (if possible at all).

But there is another reason to believe that there was no such person. No one ever mentioned that. I'd believe that would be mentioned a bunch of times, on the occassion of fusing the Divine Dividing jewel into Boosted Gear in particular. So no, whatever the reason, there never was a user of both (before Issei, in a way).
Old 2014-08-08, 20:25   Link #226
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
In the Q&A Thread, someone asked if there has being anyone who had had both the Boosted Gear and the Divine Dividing.

That's ridiculous, first of all they are polar opposites so the sheer amount of pressure whould be enough to kill a human being.

Second, before killing the host, they would drive him/her crazy by the constant in-fighting of the dragons.

Is simply not possible for one individual to have both sacred gears.
If there was such a person he/she would be killed would be killed before he/she awakened, Ise was being watched even though he was weak even by human standards.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 23:45   Link #227
Chris38

While, it's not possible for a single person to obtain Divine Dividing and Boosted Gear at the same time in a natural way - Ise has shown in the novel that it's possible to do something like that artificially - assuming that the user who does such a reckless move has enough determination to pull off something like what Ise did.

Of course it also takes some effort to be able to use those powers without any risk to the user's lifespan ... and it's unknown to what extent a user of "Boosted Gear' or 'Divine Dividing' can use the other Sacred Gear's power, after artificially obtaining it ... but considering what Ise is capable of with his 'modified' Boosted Gear, in the recent volumes, I would say that the result of such 'fusion' is pretty good...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 03:44   Link #228
ShiryuMask

Wait, I thought that one of the reason to why Ise was able to do what he did that time(with DD) was thanks his affinity with dragon.(and of course his determination).

Honestly speaking, I don't think that someone else would be able to do what Ise did. One of the reason to why he can use Ablion power like this is because the two dragons are in peace now.

And I doubt that something like this would happen in the past(knowing Ddraig and Albion).
Old 2014-08-09, 14:56   Link #229
kikix

Actually, the reason why Issei didn't die is death of God. Being the meddlesome guy that the Christian God is, he forcefully separated opposites without letting them mix. It's what was told when Kiba obtained holy-demonic sword and it was mentioned (by Issei) that it could be the factor. Along with the bugs that are a reasult of premature demise of the God that couldn't fix them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 4
[Impossible! Such a thing is impossible!]

Albion let out an astonished voice.

“No, it’s only a little, but it’s possible. My friend fused together holy and demonic, and produced things like holy demonic swords. It seems it was possible to achieve it because balance has collapsed from the non-existence of God. Well, if I borrow the words of the leader guys, it is a state where there are things like system errors or program bugs? I just utilised it a little.”

[…So you mean you nudged the imperfections of the “Sacred Gear program” and achieved this? No, but such a thing is…Even if you think of that, to actually do it is just foolish. No one knows what will happen with the fusion of opposing powers. When that is something concerning dragons, you might die, you know? No, it would be natural for you to die.]
Issei being the crazy guy he is just utilized the small chance of doing something. Statistically...I guess that the only reason he survived is...him being the protagonist, really.

Issei have high affinity with dragons due to his straightforward personality, but that only lets him use the Boosted Gear (and Divine Dividing) better. I don't think it'd stop him from self-destructing when two opposite forces would collide inside him. Then his drawing of dragons is a simple result of him being a host to Ddraig, one of the most powerful dragons. Dragons are said to draw both the opposide sex...as well as strong people. And other dragons are strong as well.

Other than that...Issei is just one damn lucky guy.
Old 2014-08-09, 17:17   Link #230
ImperialFlameGod8190

He is a damn lucky guy but really its kinda funny if u think about it. He's done 3 or 4 things already that are almost too ridiculous given the DxD world. He fused a piece of DD into his SG. He's convinced the leader of Heaven to allow 2 devils to pray without hurting themselves. Thanks to issei in one household we have most of the big groups in the DxD universe. Devils Angels. Fallen angels. Nekomata (koneko's race) the Phenex and magicians plus vampires and the Norse gods.
his worst enemy has two soldiers who come into his house as they please. His current girlfriend is the sister of a Maou. He's turned one of the most powerful beings in the DxD universe into a house pet. he's turned a grim reaper into a fangirl and honestly Issei pretty much controls the DxD universe and this is all within a year.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 18:51   Link #231
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
Well, they may be polar opposites, but I'm not sure it would be much of a problem if someone had actual sacred gears. Unlike Issei that combined both into one. Compare it to Kiba that can use both a holy and a demonic sword (don't mix with holy-demonic sword, but two swords, each in one hand) without them "biting" at each other. Also, remember that sacred gears limit themselves to the user. Only if the user actively tries to force themselves beyond their own limits do they posses a real threat (like trying to force a balance breaker out, or by forcefully fusing with Vritra by Saji).
Somewhat related to this discussion: Can Kiba actually create a Demonic Sword and a Holy Sword at the same time? I'm not talking about the swords he got from Siegfried, I'm referring to his original Sacred Gear's ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
He is a damn lucky guy but really its kinda funny if u think about it. He's done 3 or 4 things already that are almost too ridiculous given the DxD world. He fused a piece of DD into his SG. He's convinced the leader of Heaven to allow 2 devils to pray without hurting themselves. Thanks to issei in one household we have most of the big groups in the DxD universe. Devils Angels. Fallen angels. Nekomata (koneko's race) the Phenex and magicians plus vampires and the Norse gods.
his worst enemy has two soldiers who come into his house as they please. His current girlfriend is the sister of a Maou. He's turned one of the most powerful beings in the DxD universe into a house pet. he's turned a grim reaper into a fangirl and honestly Issei pretty much controls the DxD universe and this is all within a year.
Convincing Michael to allow Xenovia and Asia to pray wasn't ridiculous considering they had just signed a Peace Pact. And Vali's not actually his enemy anymore, but I digress. Ise's life sure is crazy.
Old 2014-08-09, 21:16   Link #232
Tbolt

@Gary29,

Quote:
Can Kiba actually create a Demonic Sword and a Holy Sword at the same time?
No Kiba cannot create a holy sword, the holy aura that went into the making of the holy-demonic sword was the souls of his friends.
Old 2014-08-09, 22:29   Link #233
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The best part is that Ise still doesn't realize how extraordinary his actions are, he sits there gaping at others and going on about how amazing other people are while belittling himself not realizing that he is a legend in the making.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 05:29   Link #234
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Convincing Michael to allow Xenovia and Asia to pray wasn't ridiculous considering they had just signed a Peace Pact. And Vali's not actually his enemy anymore, but I digress. Ise's life sure is crazy.
The michael thing is ridiculous considering the situations of Asia and Xenovia (both girls basically became devils after they were abandoned by the Church and yet they still prayed).

Thats a request that not many people could do and the best part about it is that issei doesnt think of it as the big deal it is.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 07:11   Link #235
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
The best part is that Ise still doesn't realize how extraordinary his actions are, he sits there gaping at others and going on about how amazing other people are while belittling himself not realizing that he is a legend in the making.
Thats part of his charm for now. We just need Momo to help him out with his harem and things will change for the better. He will get stronger and wiser when he realizes all those girls are his. He wont let them down and will work even harder to insure it wont happen. *drools like Jibril thinking about how awsome it will be.
Old 2014-08-10, 07:57   Link #236
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Somewhat related to this discussion: Can Kiba actually create a Demonic Sword and a Holy Sword at the same time? I'm not talking about the swords he got from Siegfried, I'm referring to his original Sacred Gear's ability.
His original ability can only create demonic swords, with the exception of his holy-demonic Sword of Betrayer balance breaker.

But in volume 10 he did show possession of second sacred gear (beats me how he go it...) which is the holy sword equivalent of his first one that Jeanne also had. This is the sacred gear for which balance breaker creates those drag troopers. So yeah, Kiba can create demonic, holy and holy-demonic sword, all the while having two balance breakers.

This is based on wiki, so no quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
@Gary29, No Kiba cannot create a holy sword, the holy aura that went into the making of the holy-demonic sword was the souls of his friends.
Sacred gears are self-sufficient. That's why Issei could actually learn to breath fire like a dragon even when he was a human (ekhem...devil...). It's just a matter of whether he have a holy-sword making sacred gear (which he does, since volume 10 at least) or not.

Last edited by kikix; 2014-08-10 at 11:29.
Old 2014-08-15, 14:21   Link #237
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

After rereading the novels , do you believe that Vali will unlock a power that is oposite ise`s penetrate ability. Something like a canceler ?
Old 2014-08-15, 15:40   Link #238
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
After rereading the novels , do you believe that Vali will unlock a power that is oposite ise`s penetrate ability. Something like a canceler ?
The opposite of Penetrate was Reflect, the ultimate spear and ultimate shield.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 10:02   Link #239
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
uhm.....Tbolt and imperial here

Quote:
Devils also have the ability to cast magic spells, not limited to those in which their family specializes. Examples being the ability to bind and later summon a Familiar, as well as Issei's Dress Break and Bilingual spells. The most common usage would likely be the magic circle used by Devils for travel, and especially to make contracts.

As revealed in Volume 14, to use demonic powers, a Devil must first acquire the power of imagination and the power to create, as well as have a good sense.

From hs dxd wikia
uhm.....
Old 2014-08-17, 10:35   Link #240
Tbolt

Well what Demonic power Ise has he was able to use it because he has a highly refined imagination (due to being the super pervert) which allowed him to develop dress break and bilingual. In that case if Ise wasn't a pervert he would never have been able to develop that ability.