minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
"World Trigger" Hiatus Continues Due to Author's Health Concerns
Welp...
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 11:15   Link #222
Exether

Just hope it's nothing too serious. I've seen my share of authors dying leaving their stories unfinished
Old 2015-05-12, 16:10   Link #223
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Just hope it's nothing too serious. I've seen my share of authors dying leaving their stories unfinished
What I remember from his injuries last year was the neck injury due overworking, suddenly crack because he had his head down there drawing all the time and gone into the hospital. Guess he still isn't fully healed after all. Bad timing though, anime ends in around twenty weeks, its rankings aren't great due its frequent absents and new series are starting which could take away votes and positions and stuff.

Hope Ashihara takes good care of himself and gets his health fully back. I want at least 200+ WT chapters, so it needs to run around 4 years! We are only half-way there yet! >.<
Old 2015-05-15, 15:12   Link #224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 102:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 15:33   Link #225
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for 102:
Old 2015-05-15, 18:14   Link #226
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for 102:
Since translation is out I think I can reply without spoilers.^^

I think what Mikumo was lacking wasn't deciviveness but experience. His sword slash was meant to take her out after all and from his POV he was about to win as Nasu was indeed unable to create new trion cubes with teh freshly wouns received.
What he had not expected, and here is where experience comes into play, was that Nasu from the start and shoot some of her vipers in expection of him attacking her back! He thought that she had used all her viper shots on Kuruma while she had both in mind the whole time.
In other words, she read him and he didn't read her reading him to speak in terms of Kazma vs Osamu fight back then.

If Osamu had more experience he could have had expected such a move and protected himself with his two shields or try to dodge out after his sword slash instead of forming asteroid cubes, but so he got hit on unprepared.
Like Nasu said, his actions are still too inexperienced.
His plans however, are like FlareKnight says, very solid and worked out pretty well. It was not Yuuma who made Nasu and Kuruma wipe each other out, it was Chika's landscpaing abilities and Osamu's decision to use Kuruma's by Nasu unoticed hound attack as his base to get Nasu heavily injured. If he had not attacked her from the rear, she surely would have noticed the Hounds and protected herself with the second shield, but so her attention was divided between the shootings of Kuruma and Osamu directly at her and the hounds were able to land hits on her.

So while I see Yuuma being the killer point earner, this time it were more Osamu and Chika who earned the survival team points. Yuuma could have been carried away by the river by all they care, Nasu would still been forced to bail out and Chika would have hidden somewhere safely in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for 102:
True that. Have seen many frustrated comments in other forums about Osamu though. They all really want to get him some points and get stronger and all that.^^
I can totally understand them, but I think that would be as unrealistic as Deku winning against Todoroki in BokuHero in that tournament. Osamu is still barely above C-rank level with 4k points and he was up against a gal (a badass girl at that too!!!) who has years of training and battle experience with her and is A rank personally on points.

So while I am a bit sad that Osamu got taken out, I am glad that the power scaling is still top in WT. And I liked how Jin and Tachikawa explained why each of the three captains did great on their own terms:
Kuruma with never giving up and getting a revenge kill, Nasu with getting 3 points in a 4 vs 1 battle and Osamu for being able to achieve his plan's goal to have Nasu heavily injured and bail out while Chika is safe somewhere else for team survival.

I'm so happy though this chapter was named Nasu Rei though! <3
That means we surely will get to see more Nasu in the future!!! Can't wait for the chapters with her name on the title! 8D
Would be cool if she gives Osamu some shooter lessons after the B rank wars, but I doubt that gonna happen, maybe if Karasuma asks her nicely? I wonder how many matches are left in this rank war? One or two matches at max, I guess. Also hope Ashihara has not forgotten Chika's birthday on 21th february, I wanna see her 14th birthday with birthday cake and her parents showing up and all that! >.<
Old 2015-05-15, 18:31   Link #227
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Since translation is out I think I can reply without spoilers.^^

I think what Mikumo was lacking wasn't deciviveness but experience.
Yeah, maybe "decisiveness" was the wrong word. I didn't mean he hesitated, but that his attacks lacked bite. His not seeing the tomahawks coming wouldn't have mattered if he'd gotten her first.
Old 2015-05-15, 19:17   Link #228
p-kun

I think Osamu did really well in the strategy department. I mean, the point of strategy is to win before fighting. By hiding Chika, he already accomplished that.

If he wanted a perfect win, he should have fished Yuuma out of the river and attack Nasu with the full team. Or he could hide and let Nasu ran out of trion searching him. But Osamu didn't because he also had a second goal, that is to be able to get points by himself (as Kikuchihara mentioned).

I think this is a good development for him. Eventually Osamu needs to be strong enough to be able to execute the strategy he makes. If Tamakoma 2 wins the rank wars without improving Osamu and Chika's basic ability, it'll be like winning the battle losing the war. Tamakoma 2 will be able to go to neighbor world, but Osamu and Chika will be liabilities when the situation is life-threatening.

Speaking of strategy, I find that Hyuse's proposal is actually the best one in real wars. It is very risk averse, made under assumption you know nothing of the enemy (Hyuse presumably does not know about Nasu or Suzunari's info nor rank wars rules). He just decided that optimizing team unity and strength will make the team better equipped to handle any unknown situation.

Quote:
Would be cool if she gives Osamu some shooter lessons after the B rank wars, but I doubt that gonna happen, maybe if Karasuma asks her nicely? I wonder how many matches are left in this rank war? One or two matches at max, I guess.
At this point, training is not going to do much for the next match. Even Yuuma cannot master a new trigger in a few days. Not to mention, Osamu is a slow learner. His time is better off spent researching and formulating strategy against the next teams.

After the rank wars, Osamu has plenty of time to train. He's still 15. He has 5 years to improve before reaching his peak. Nasu and Izumi can teach him accuracy targeting (I remember Hyerin scoffed on his poor aiming). Border has a mentoring culture. All Osamu needs to do is to ask any of the 2. Nasu might not be healthy enough to tutor him but Izumi seems to have taken a liking on Osamu during the invasion. Though Izumi doesn't seem like a good teacher. It's a pity that Arafune has not codify shooter position yet.

Karasuma needs to teach him some common sense in movement (Nasu looked down on him because he naively used open road to run away from viper a few chapters ago, and in this chapter we saw him charging head on without fire cover even when Nasu still has one hand free to create bullets). Alternatively, he can just go back and finish C-rank training modules for movement and stealth, probably with jacked up difficulty.

I hope there will be no more than 1 match upcoming. This match seems like a climax to me. I want to move on to new plot. Hopefully Yuuma and Hyuse's meeting can catalyze that. I feel that Jin brought Hyuse to the base so Yuuma can interrogate him.

Last edited by p-kun; 2015-05-15 at 19:32.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 19:25   Link #229
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I think Osamu did really well in the strategy department. I mean, the point of strategy is to win before fighting. By hiding Chika, he already accomplished that.

If he wanted a perfect win, he should have fished Yuuma out of the river and attack Nasu with the full team.
Hide Yuuma and get Chika to shoot Nasu. I mean, she's never even tried to shoot someone before. She always targets architecture.
Old 2015-05-16, 01:48   Link #230
KBTKaiser

They wanted to hide Chika so that Nasu's super accurate Vipers and Tomahawks wouldn't result in a countersnipe, remember that.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 03:48   Link #231
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
They wanted to hide Chika so that Nasu's super accurate Vipers and Tomahawks wouldn't result in a countersnipe, remember that.
They wanted to hide Chika so they'd have a survivor. Yuuma could have filled that role.
Old 2015-05-16, 08:37   Link #232
KBTKaiser

Yuuma would have been iffy since he was heavily bleeding and could have bailed out before the match ended.
Old 2015-05-16, 11:10   Link #233
p-kun

Quote:
Hide Yuuma and get Chika to shoot Nasu. I mean, she's never even tried to shoot someone before. She always targets architecture.
I'm not sure how good Chika is. As far as I know, she's still unable to shoot a moving target. Remember in the invasion, she shot a rabbit who captured Izuho, which was not moving, at point blank distance, and still managed to miss the weak point. I don't know about her ability now, but I assume if WT is preserving power level so carefully, then Chika won't improve in a mere 2-3 weeks. In short, I don't trust that she will hit a target smaller than a rabbit at sniping range.

Also, I don't think Osamu was banking on Yuuma to survive. If he did, he would have asked Chika to help Yuuma out of the river. Yuuma surviving was a bonus. Also, what KBTKaiser says.

BTW, does anyone else feel that Yuuma purposedly didn't show up until Osamu bailed out? It seems that he wanted to see how Osamu would fare without him and looked unhappy about it (or at least that's how the japanese discussion goes).
Old 2015-05-16, 11:46   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm not sure how good Chika is. As far as I know, she's still unable to shoot a moving target. Remember in the invasion, she shot a rabbit who captured Izuho, which was not moving, at point blank distance, and still managed to miss the weak point. I don't know about her ability now, but I assume if WT is preserving power level so carefully, then Chika won't improve in a mere 2-3 weeks. In short, I don't trust that she will hit a target smaller than a rabbit at sniping range.
That was more stress than lack of ability (and Izuho being in the way). She hits targets just fine in the training room. Which is precisely why she needs to practice shooting in stressful situations. And with her, even a near miss can be devastating.

They won this time. Does that take them into the upper Bs? And can they keep winning with Yuuma as their only real point-getter?
Old 2015-05-16, 12:35   Link #235
James Rye

Quote:
Yeah, maybe "decisiveness" was the wrong word. I didn't mean he hesitated, but that his attacks lacked bite. His not seeing the tomahawks coming wouldn't have mattered if he'd gotten her first.
He could have prevented getting killed if he had forseen it. Rather, Osamu should have continued his close combat attacks than taking time to create asteroid cubes to fire at her.
He thought Nasu was done for as her large injury left her incapable to create new shields or cubes to fire with so he believed to have all the time in the world for this kill. But his plan/movement got read/expected by Nasu and so he was done for. If he had continued his sword slashes and sticked closely to Nasu, he would have either been able to escape the viper shots or made it that both he and her would get blown up by the bullets.
His attack was meant to kill her, so I dont think it lacked bite rather than precision. I think it was a mistake to aim at her head, he should have rather aimed for the center or the lower body with a thrust or wide slash. But well, that shows that he still is only an agent for a couple months who has a mentor for a couple weeks only.

Quote:

If he wanted a perfect win, he should have fished Yuuma out of the river and attack Nasu with the full team. Or he could hide and let Nasu ran out of trion searching him. But Osamu didn't because he also had a second goal, that is to be able to get points by himself (as Kikuchihara mentioned).

I think this is a good development for him. Eventually Osamu needs to be strong enough to be able to execute the strategy he makes. If Tamakoma 2 wins the rank wars without improving Osamu and Chika's basic ability, it'll be like winning the battle losing the war. Tamakoma 2 will be able to go to neighbor world, but Osamu and Chika will be liabilities when the situation is life-threatening.
Yeah, Osamu's a good teamleader as he uses his team's abilities to their best potential and thinks up plans for said team to survive and win depending on the enemy team's skills/operation modi and ofc terrain they fight on. But his own battle skills are still not up there to be able to fight middle agents face to face, he would need support with that. But I think he understands that better than others, which is why in the Suwa-Arafune match he didn't interfered till the very end and just positioned himself as a potential threat. Same in this match, he kept low, only stopping Nasu not challenging her. He prioritized getting the team together till he realized that would make them lose the game, changed his plan to mess with Nasu's plan and then continued to keep Nasu busy together with Kuruma/Taichi in hopes of Yuuma winning and crossing the river till Yuuma was in so deep trouble he needed Chika's bombing skills to pull this battle underwater to get an advantage over Murakami. And after that he told Chika to do just what Hyuse would have done in his case. Although his own part to get a point failed, his overall plan for his team to win succeed.
I don't think Osamu gonna be content with it. Kikuchihara's words are still with him and he knows the way he is now, he can't protect Chika from others very well either. And in the top tiers it just gonna get harder to protect her as the other teams will focus on her and Yuuma even more to take them out as early as possible as he is no real threat to them. :/

Quote:
Speaking of strategy, I find that Hyuse's proposal is actually the best one in real wars. It is very risk averse, made under assumption you know nothing of the enemy (Hyuse presumably does not know about Nasu or Suzunari's info nor rank wars rules). He just decided that optimizing team unity and strength will make the team better equipped to handle any unknown situation.

At this point, training is not going to do much for the next match. Even Yuuma cannot master a new trigger in a few days. Not to mention, Osamu is a slow learner. His time is better off spent researching and formulating strategy against the next teams.

After the rank wars, Osamu has plenty of time to train. He's still 15. He has 5 years to improve before reaching his peak. Nasu and Izumi can teach him accuracy targeting (I remember Hyerin scoffed on his poor aiming). Border has a mentoring culture. All Osamu needs to do is to ask any of the 2. Nasu might not be healthy enough to tutor him but Izumi seems to have taken a liking on Osamu during the invasion. Though Izumi doesn't seem like a good teacher. It's a pity that Arafune has not codify shooter position yet.
Shows that Hyuse is an elite, probably a noble or from a noble clan given Viza's lord this lord that whenever he speaks to Hyuse depsite him being much younger than him.

That's why I wrote "give him some training AFTER the B rank wars". XD
I know that there is no way Nasu would train Osamu before his next match, she needs that time to get her team up again to fight in the next battle to be able to do better than rank 8. But given what they said a couple chapters ago when they announced that goal to themselves, they don't have that many matches left to do so, perhaps one or two more.
But if Izuho does become the new sniper girl of Team Nasu I could see her trying to convince Nasu to help out Foureyes-senpai with some shooter tipps and such.^^

I wonder what Nasu's sickness is that she has to stay in bed in her real body while her trion combat one jumps between buildings like a monkey on speed. Hope it is nothing too serious. :c
Yeah, Izumi seems that kinda genius guy who tries to teach you with "imagine a BAAAAAM and then you go SWOOOOSH and with that you create Tomahawk cubes" kind of style. An amazing shooter but not a good mentor at all. :P

I can't wait to see Arafune in 4-5 years with all the students who learn from him the way of the All-rounder agent. XDDD

Quote:
Karasuma needs to teach him some common sense in movement (Nasu looked down on him because he naively used open road to run away from viper a few chapters ago, and in this chapter we saw him charging head on without fire cover even when Nasu still has one hand free to create bullets). Alternatively, he can just go back and finish C-rank training modules for movement and stealth, probably with jacked up difficulty.

I hope there will be no more than 1 match upcoming. This match seems like a climax to me. I want to move on to new plot. Hopefully Yuuma and Hyuse's meeting can catalyze that. I feel that Jin brought Hyuse to the base so Yuuma can interrogate him.
I agree on the open street movement but I think Osamu was right with the head on charge as Nasu was unable to create a new shield or cubes with the wounds she got from Kuruma's hounds. His real fault was that he stopped his close combat attack despite Nasu having no close combat trigger and instead created asteroid cubes. If he had followed her while she dodged and retreated backwards, he might have been able to avoid getting blown to pieces by the already set Vipers. Or made it so that Nasu had been forced to blow herself up together with him.

Doubt B agents can go back or continue C rank training, think that is left up to their mentors and ofc branch leaders on how their training is to be.
I think the amount of left matches are depending on what Ashihara wants to go for:
Does he want to go for a lose after a three-win streak putting Tamakoma 2 back into the middle tier ranks like 9th or 10th for example and finish there? A reminder that they are still too weak to handle top teams who themselves battle to get the top two places (after all in three matches, the teams are STILL the same in the top tiers! That says a lot about their skill to maintain their ranks like that)?
Or will he go for a more even ending aka have three wins, lose but then win again to be able to still stand in the top tiers?
Or he could go for another realistic approach, like the 4 points being enough for them to hit 6th rank, getting Azama into 7th, but then losing so badly they get hit back to 7th rank and then still lose in the next match but manage to get enough points to keep their 7th rank and finish the B rank wars in the top tiers on their first try?

It all depends on what kinda note Ashihara wants to finish this B rank war arc off; a lesson, an underdog win or a desperate stand against all odds.

Quote:
BTW, does anyone else feel that Yuuma purposedly didn't show up until Osamu bailed out? It seems that he wanted to see how Osamu would fare without him and looked unhappy about it (or at least that's how the japanese discussion goes).
Could be, I doubt though that Yuuma expected Osamu to win against a shooter who had double the points of him. Nasu is an A ranked shooter with years of training and battle experience Osamu does not have. Her planning ahead to have some of the shots she fired at Kuruma to come back later to her to take out Osamu just shows how much she was reading and leading the battle to where she wanted it. Expect ofc get hit by Kuruma's hounds she saw not coming/had no second shield free to defend against.^^

Quote:
That was more stress than lack of ability (and Izuho being in the way). She hits targets just fine in the training room. Which is precisely why she needs to practice shooting in stressful situations. And with her, even a near miss can be devastating.

They won this time. Does that take them into the upper Bs? And can they keep winning with Yuuma as their only real point-getter?
But the targets we sae her hit had been unmoving targets so far. We haven't seen the results of her training with moving targets and I think even if such targets are moving they are not moving as fast and unpredictable like agents do on a battlefield.

Pretty sure 4 points are the bare minimum to get them into the top tiers. They are ranked 8th aka highest of the middle teams with 14 points after three games which is as much as the 2nd highest B team gets for free from the start. In other words the lowest ranked team of the top tiers must have also 14 or 15+ points to be considered above Tamakoma 2. As long as it only got around 2 or so point and is below 18 then Tamakoma 2 made it into the top tiers!

But winning only with Yuuma won't work anymore. It already didn't in this game! Tamakoma 2 got as many kill points as Suzunari 1 and less than Nasu on her own and both points had again onyl be gotten by Yuuma. There is no way the top tiers will let Yuuma do as he pleases, they will find a way to take him out before he can get too many points and then Osamu/Chika will have a hard time on their own. That one might be their real challenge and where it is more about getting enough points (like 2 for example) to keep their top tier rank rather than losing with zero or only 1 point.
Old 2015-05-16, 13:28   Link #236
Tenzen12

I will voice her quite unpopular opinion: Osamu should get black trigger ( or at least custom one made especially for him). Yes he is capable leader, smart Strategist and hits recent win definitely is something he should be credited, but it also maDr obvious he can't count on his comrades under all circumstances.

I don't really care about some small
technical problem, that can be easily solved without killing named character, but if Osamu should be able stand on real battlefield again he would need not necessarily trump card but rather Joker that could give edge to his strategies even in face of experienced warriors who wouldn't fall for small tricks.
Old 2015-05-16, 14:06   Link #237
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I will voice her quite unpopular opinion: Osamu should get black trigger ( or at least custom one made especially for him). Yes he is capable leader, smart Strategist and hits recent win definitely is something he should be credited, but it also maDr obvious he can't count on his comrades under all circumstances.

technical problem, that can be easily solved without killing named character, but if Osamu should be able stand on real battlefield again he would need not necessarily trump card but rather Joker that could give edge to his strategies even in face of experienced warriors who wouldn't fall for small tricks.
isnt black trigger choose the one who used them?
trion proplem can be solve by custom made one ?
the author need to power up osamu if he well go to the other worlds
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 16:31   Link #238
p-kun

Quote:
He could have prevented getting killed if he had forseen it. Rather, Osamu should have continued his close combat attacks than taking time to create asteroid cubes to fire at her.
He thought Nasu was done for as her large injury left her incapable to create new shields or cubes to fire with so he believed to have all the time in the world for this kill.
Osamu should have created slow moving asteroid to cover Nasu's possible escape routes. If he attacked and miss, the asteroid would hit Nasu. This is what I meant by cover fire. Konami did this maneuver back in invasion btw. Though this being Konami, her first hit didn't miss. But even with her skill, she still took precaution and prepared the next move if she missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why would Border let a hamster (aka. Osamu) be equipped with a black trigger, when it can have a killing machine (aka. any of the A rank) have it? Unless the trigger only chooses him or is custom made for him (like Yuuma's), Osamu will not be getting a black trigger. What unnamed character will custom made a black trigger for him?

No offense to hamsters but I personally would hate it if Osamu just got godly weapon out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
isnt black trigger choose the one who used them?
trion proplem can be solve by custom made one ?
the author need to power up osamu if he well go to the other worlds
Osamu doesn't need a custom trigger. There's an existing trigger that doesn't require trion and suit strategic minded people. It's the one used by trappers. Fuyushima used it to lead his team to #2 team position, despite the fact that his team only has one combatant. Also, he went to the neighbor world and survived just fine.

The problem is that Osamu seems ignorant about trapper position.
Old 2015-05-17, 02:52   Link #239
Tenzen12

First of all BT choose it's owner if it's work with hamster who is known for having good head on it's shoulders and strong teammates in supporter, there is no problem

Second BT is not necessarily Godly weapon. No-one want Osamu getting something OP. He just need something that can bite strong enemies when used right

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2015-05-17 at 03:09.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 03:50   Link #240
KBTKaiser

Because Osamu getting a Black Trigger would fall into the standard shounen power-up schtick, something the mangaka has taken extensive amounts of effort to not touch.

For Osamu, his main weapon would be his brain. He just needs a few more touch-ups in the details department to get to "JUST AS PLANNED" tier.

Tags
action, shounen stargate