AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-10, 07:26   Link #23381
RDNexus

AH!!! Now I remember that happening!!! And more than once... Oh man... WHY?!

I think I even remember that the editor of said fictional anime in production managed the whole thing behind the author's back or without properly consulting him.
Or did that happen in Shirobako? I no longer remember it well...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 08:16   Link #23382
jagt

I went and listened to the ending's full version, it's a nice song and quite romantic I think it represents very well Hajime's and Yue's feelings for each other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EECBLkc3K30
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 13:33   Link #23383
dimlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
I haven't read or seen that work myself, so I can't say with any certainty, but based on a couple of minutes research maybe it's a reference to how some of the characters don't care about the quality of the anime they produce as long as they can cash in on it.
Wow, boris, look what I hear from reddit on my question:

-Then you will be awaiting for Arifureta After to licence into LN and then read it?

-Overlap already said they're probably gonna publish it and I doubt it's going to be under a separate publication title. Will probably just be like volume 15 or whatever of the series. And it's not like the official English release is slow by any sense

If it really goes like that, that would be sooo thiiiiiccc Also I dunno what author will do as extras, but I would be waiting nevertheless in anticipation Like 13-14 vol to volume 20 to fill with extra stories)))) (also the images would be prob quite troblesoume to make, they will have to choose them wisely)

P. S. More news why Anime went that way: https://twitter.com/sa10tatsu/status...19918423461888
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 14:27   Link #23384
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlik View Post
Wow, boris, look what I hear from reddit on my question:

-Then you will be awaiting for Arifureta After to licence into LN and then read it?

-Overlap already said they're probably gonna publish it and I doubt it's going to be under a separate publication title. Will probably just be like volume 15 or whatever of the series. And it's not like the official English release is slow by any sense

If it really goes like that, that would be sooo thiiiiiccc Also I dunno what author will do as extras, but I would be waiting nevertheless in anticipation Like 13-14 vol to volume 20 to fill with extra stories)))) (also the images would be prob quite troblesoume to make, they will have to choose them wisely)

P. S. More news why Anime went that way: https://twitter.com/sa10tatsu/status...19918423461888
There's plenty of material to mine from the after stories, so it wouldn't surprise me if they got published. My only question would be whether they keep the random timeline from the WN or try to print it all in chronological order. Personally, I think that they should be published under a separate title, though. The main story and after story take two very different approaches to storytelling. Imagine a series where the first 12 or so volumes are almost purely plot driven, and then the next 12 or so volumes become a collection of random one-off shorts or the occasional extended arc that has no overarching purpose beyond world building. It reminds me the tonal shift that happened when those filler seasons got tacked on at the end of the first Naruto anime.

People are certainly quick to point fingers when things don't go well. Though, honestly, two different studios getting similar results after two separate tries? That just smells fishy to me. I'd be curious to know what kind of budget went into the production in comparison with other projects, and whether there was any outside interference coming from above. Haha, a documentary detailing the entire process from start to finish would probably be pretty interesting.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 17:54   Link #23385
RDNexus

Now that I remember to ask...
Was our dear friend Abyssgate among the few students presented in Ep01?
Since he never had proper descriptive features...as far as I know...
Old 2019-07-10, 19:05   Link #23386
Look43

It ins't the guy that is below Shizuku on the scene that goes with that "travelling camera"(something like minute 6-8) and show almost everyone of the classmates, with Meld talking? at least, that one sounds like a candidate to me.
Look43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 19:21   Link #23387
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look43 View Post
It ins't the guy that is below Shizuku on the scene that goes with that "travelling camera"(something like minute 6-8) and show almost everyone of the classmates, with Meld talking? at least, that one sounds like a candidate to me.
I think that's Shimizu. I believe Endou is the one next to Ryuutarou where you can only see a bit of his arm and some hair, wearing the black coat with grey shoulder guards. In the OP sequence, he's the one on the far left of the classmate group shot that looks like a VN protagonist. He appears in several other scenes, but you never see his whole face.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 19:33   Link #23388
sierra117
Harem Seeker

I just noticed but isn't Arifureta pretty much the 1st class-summoning Isekai anime?
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 19:43   Link #23389
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Eee, who are in the harem by the end of the end?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 19:48   Link #23390
Look43

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
I think that's Shimizu. I believe Endou is the one next to Ryuutarou where you can only see a bit of his arm and some hair, wearing the black coat with grey shoulder guards. In the OP sequence, he's the one on the far left of the classmate group shot that looks like a VN protagonist. He appears in several other scenes, but you never see his whole face.
Oh, i see. I thought that character was generi-kun A, and on the opening, he looks less thin than i thought it would be. Guess i fall just on Endou-like trap.
Old 2019-07-10, 20:13   Link #23391
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Eee, who are in the harem by the end of the end?
Yue, Shia, Tio, Kaori, Remia, Shizuku, Aiko, Liliana, Yuuka, a local queen from another isekai,...
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 22:03   Link #23392
darkofficer
just a devil

Yuuka and the other workd queen are more like mistresses

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 22:23   Link #23393
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Yue, Shia, Tio, Kaori, Remia, Shizuku, Aiko, Liliana, Yuuka, a local queen from another isekai,...
Thanks bro~
Only cared about Shizuku and Aiko tho
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 05:33   Link #23394
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Now that I remember to ask...
Was our dear friend Abyssgate among the few students presented in Ep01?
Since he never had proper descriptive features...as far as I know...

The one on the left in the OP is probably Endo (since he is the only one whose face is hidden away).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 06:42   Link #23395
RDNexus

This is weird... I went to check the episode for some snapshots, but I can't watch it for long.
Is my attachment to the novels so strong now that I can't deal with a different medium?
Or have I waited for the anime for so long that now it feels weird to see it airing?

Last edited by RDNexus; 2019-07-11 at 08:20.
Old 2019-07-11, 08:09   Link #23396
zztop

Considering Arifureta's popularity and decent sales, I'm surprised they didn't get a 2-cour run like Slime Tensei or Shield Hero.

I'm also surprised the anime producers didn't approve doing an hour-long 1st episode to cover the story setup and Hajime's eventual fall, just like Re Zero and Shield Hero did.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 08:48   Link #23397
Look43

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Considering Arifureta's popularity and decent sales, I'm surprised they didn't get a 2-cour run like Slime Tensei or Shield Hero.

I'm also surprised the anime producers didn't approve doing an hour-long 1st episode to cover the story setup and Hajime's eventual fall, just like Re Zero and Shield Hero did.
Just like @borisdrakoni's told before, i think it's a budget problem.
(w̶e̶l̶l̶,f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶g̶e̶)

Last edited by Look43; 2019-07-11 at 08:58.
Old 2019-07-11, 09:01   Link #23398
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
I just noticed but isn't Arifureta pretty much the 1st class-summoning Isekai anime?
I think you're right. It was the 1st notable isekai to use the concept of summoning an entire classroom of students; something which other WN authors have used in their works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look43 View Post
Just like @borisdrakoni's told before, i think it's a budget problem.
(w̶e̶l̶l̶,f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶g̶e̶)
I've heard some comments saying the budget issue was made worse by the decision to redo everything from scratch.
ie. Effort and budget were already spent in making the 1st version, which got thrown out because the author hated it. So they have to rework the content with (assuming) an even smaller budget, which would affect the animation quality.

PS. Frogkun was able to track down the Syosetu post where Shirakome Ryou said the initial scripts/storyboards for Arifureta made him writhe in pain.
https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1148837190052413440

Last edited by zztop; 2019-07-11 at 09:18.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 09:55   Link #23399
Algester

question did Shirakome Ryo made a typo since I was rereading both the translated version and RAW version of volume 9 and Shizuku said that there are 4 famous people in the school, if people missed this line its on the side story chapter where Shizuku is telling the story about the class/school bullying Hajime in the girls talk side story assuming this is referring to her, Kouki and Kaori but whose the forth? Hiyama?
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 09:57   Link #23400
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post

The one on the left in the OP is probably Endo (since he is the only one whose face is hidden away).
Nah can't be. If it was Endo he wouldn't even show up at all in the picture.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel