AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-11-16, 21:31   Link #201
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hadn't noticed Solomon was voiced by Sugita, what with his voice being modified and everything. His monologue was intriguing.
It's a dual voice (the softer VA underneath booming Sugita is a spoiler). Sugita is also voicing Lev and all the 72 demon gods. And is the narration of the guy who hates Solomon for his indifference is the same voice. They shouldn't have voiced this scene if they still wanted to make this misleading. It's too obvious now.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 21:34   Link #202
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Still new to this series I guess. Fugimaru's character is pretty annoying to me. Dude is pretty useless.
Old 2019-11-17, 00:15   Link #203
Frontier

So the Big Bad is Solomon of all people? Seems to have a pretty myopic view of humanity and life itself from what we see of him .

Not surprising that it's the Spartan who's the training and muscle nut. Although past episodes have shown Ritsuka has a pretty healthy exercise routine .

Merlin and Ana's conversation was particularly interesting, expanding on what it is that draws inhuman beings who might not even truly have emotions to ally themselves with humanity and lengths of which someone might believe in someone else whether they're completely open about themselves or not...although for all of Merlin's talk about not having any emotions or caring about humans, I wonder what his reaction to Artoria's death was .

It was pretty awesome getting to see Ushiwakamaru, Benkei, and Leonidas all in action, especially Ushiwaka as she cuts through Demonic Beasts with her game-face on .

What better reason to fight then head pats ?

Nice to see Merlin finally get more involved and give Ana the boost she needed to really do some damage .

Fou finally really showing off why she's not something to be underestimated...although I wonder where the heck she transported herself and Ana off too ?

Solomon may be the overarching villain, but our heroes finally encounter the Goddess who is at the center of all the trouble in Uruk, Tiamat. And she is as gorgeous a beauty as she is deadly a monster...and yeah, hard not to notice the similarities with An and what an adult Rider/Medusa looked like .

So our heroes are going to take on Tiamat, though considering we're only barely into the 2-cour and the heroes could barely fight off Enkidu, I'm not expecting they'll make much of a dent on Tiamat .
Old 2019-11-17, 02:48   Link #204
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quick question : Is Ritsuka going to summon any of his gacha servants or is he going to use only Mashu?
Old 2019-11-17, 03:10   Link #205
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
Quick question : Is Ritsuka going to summon any of his gacha servants or is he going to use only Mashu?
He'll use who you get in the story (ie, Mashu and any story supports)
Old 2019-11-17, 04:14   Link #206
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Still new to this series I guess. Fugimaru's character is pretty annoying to me. Dude is pretty useless.
what exactly are you expecting Fugimaru to be? He's less trained in Mage craft than even Shirou was. He's been fighting against beings that severely out class him, in Babylon this is taken up to eleven as he is fighting gods during the age of gods. Due to the nature of the game he is something of a non-action man as his role is making the final calls on plans and being minor support and a cheering section. The only thing special about him is he has a 100% compatibility for being a master
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 08:14   Link #207
Random14

Still a bit odd having relatively normal life stuff (help with the bricks) then facing down that huge goddess. Especially when "Enkidu" is already more powerful than most of them and now things are even worse. It was nice seeing how the normal soldiers fought the demonic beasts, Leonidas is perfect for a defensive situation like this.

They sure flashback to that moment from London a lot but then that was a big moment in the overall story, seeing the King of Mages for the first time. Though a lot of this does feel like its meant for players rather than for first time anime viewers (episode 0 even moreso), a lot of the hints won't mean anything unless you're aware of the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
Almost definitely not. They'll just keep it to Mash and the "supports" for simplicity's sake. That and I think an earlier episode mentioned that rayshifting back so far in time is really hard, to justify why its the bare minimum with Ritsuka and Mash with no reinforcements.

I'm looking forward to an important battle next time, rather than them just fighting random monsters. Ushiwakamaru is on her way but not sure how Mash can hold off something like that (or rather, how they'll animate something like that, just that monster's "hair" dwarfs regular people already).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 20:07   Link #208
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
what exactly are you expecting Fugimaru to be? He's less trained in Mage craft than even Shirou was. He's been fighting against beings that severely out class him, in Babylon this is taken up to eleven as he is fighting gods during the age of gods. Due to the nature of the game he is something of a non-action man as his role is making the final calls on plans and being minor support and a cheering section. The only thing special about him is he has a 100% compatibility for being a master
Ah....just wish he did exactly that lol. A bit more than making calls and minor support but that's not to be.
Old 2019-11-18, 01:41   Link #209
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
They sure flashback to that moment from London a lot but then that was a big moment in the overall story, seeing the King of Mages for the first time. Though a lot of this does feel like its meant for players rather than for first time anime viewers (episode 0 even moreso), a lot of the hints won't mean anything unless you're aware of the whole story.
I don't know about that. I won't hide this under a spoiler because is right in the episode. The narrator of the vision who complains about King Solomon's inaction is literally saying "build the band of light" (and it shows the inciniration band lighting up the sky). That's not even a subtle hidden clue at all.

Maybe they threw away subtlety because we've skipped a lot of the pieces of the puzzle with the previous singularities, but it honestly left me speechless. I was wondering if they would resort to text to present it and they not only use Sugita clearly as the narrator but also shows that vividly on screen.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2019-11-18, 11:41   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As an anime only watcher, I honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Old 2019-11-19, 00:31   Link #211
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As an anime only watcher, I honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Where are you lost? the why of the overall story or the maboo jamboo of Solomon, because if is this last one, don't worry much about it because they seem to try to give a basic explanation of the situation and dig to much in the mechanics is only going to mess with you.

Also, fat snake is faaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Last edited by LKK; 2019-11-19 at 10:16. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-19, 11:49   Link #212
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Where are you lost? the why of the overall story or the maboo jamboo of Solomon, because if is this last one, don't worry much about it because they seem to try to give a basic explanation of the situation and dig to much in the mechanics is only going to mess with you.

Also, fat snake is faaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
The Solomon scene, I didn't get what it was supposed to be spoiling. But I got a PM and I think I get it now.
Old 2019-11-20, 13:30   Link #213
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Babylonia. Lostroom is meant to be an introduction to the second arc of FGO, Cosmos in the Lostbelt, its target audience being the fgo players who cleared arc 1 and Epic of Remnant.
Yeah it still aired though, and gave people information. Unless we are still talking about two different episodes that is. (Cause I really can't remember it's name)

So just to be sure: We are talking about the one that showed how Fujjimaru became a master and Mash a servant and how Olga "died" where they went back to an alternate-servant class Fujuki Grail war?

I'll put the below theory into a spoiler tag in the meantime because said episode basically tells you who Ana is too

Spoiler for 'Tiamat' and 'Ana' Identity Theory:

Edit: Btw... Wait Fou has energy left?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-11-20 at 14:08.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-20, 18:49   Link #214
heroeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yeah it still aired though, and gave people information. Unless we are still talking about two different episodes that is. (Cause I really can't remember it's name)

So just to be sure: We are talking about the one that showed how Fujjimaru became a master and Mash a servant and how Olga "died" where they went back to an alternate-servant class Fujuki Grail war?

I'll put the below theory into a spoiler tag in the meantime because said episode basically tells you who Ana is too

The anime that covers the Fuyuki singularity is called Fate/Grand Order: First Order
heroeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-20, 20:39   Link #215
Thess

Quote:
That's First Order which adapts the game prologue: Singularity F. Moonlight Lostroom is trippy that takes place before the prologue of part 2 Cosmos in the Lostbelts, believe me, you would be confused if you watched it. Also what's up with the "died"? Her body blew up in an explosion. She was dead before her spirit got rayshifted into Fuyuki.

Quote:
Yes. It's not important
Spoiler for sorta spoilerly:

Old 2019-11-21, 06:51   Link #216
GDB

Said scene got skipped, as it should have happened when she got tied up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 20:50   Link #217
alex_drian

Quote:

What you are describing is First Order which adapts the game prologue: Singularity F, with Caster Cu and Saber Alter as the boss.

Moonlight Lostroom is a kind of introduction that takes place before the prologue of part 2 Cosmos in the Lostbelts. You know, that where a dead Olga is dreaming that she is SO good master that she can fend Gil and Ishtar with Emiya Alter and Mephisto, LOL. And with Galahad kung-fu-ing some Servant and being an asshole.

Btw, you miss one in your evolution theory: Full monster Gorgon that was slayed by Perseus.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 21:26   Link #218
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Said scene got skipped, as it should have happened when she got tied up.
Oh ok, I wasn't sure since it's been years and I mostly re-read parts that interest me.

Old 2019-11-23, 04:50   Link #219
Tenzen12

Quote:

You are overthinking. What we see is most likely both Tiamat and Medusa. In first place Tiamat has actually two atribut divine and that of monstrous embodiment primodeal chaos. Marduk slaying her Is classic order vs chaos simile.

From that point you can go two ways about it. Medusa who was mortal became demi-servant Tiamat or in Nasuverse story of Medusa directly originate from Tiamat myth, which would make her Tamamo of Tiamath Amaterasu.

Either way Tiamat is monster/chaotic aspe,ct of Medusa, Anna is her divine aspect (because loli=Goddes), which again perfectly fit theme of duality.

Echidna is most likely completely unrelated
Old 2019-11-23, 12:43   Link #220
Thess

By the way, the official anime website updated, and clarifies Kingu's origin in his profile:

Spoiler for last episode?:

So you know why Gilgamesh refrained from calling him a fake/imposter.