AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-11-07, 10:45   Link #201
Sixth
Hu Tao

Nah, I would pretend that F.Trunks somewhat unlocked a portion of LSSJ form in the anime. I don't hate it because I felt that F.Trunk deserved to do something big in his own arc.

That is why I am actually loving the moment when Trunk wielding a "Hope" Sword to finish off Merged Zamasu.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 11:00   Link #202
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
1- In DBZ we are shown Shin doesn't know of the Potential Unlock Ritual
2- Future Shin of Super doesn't know either because he shares the same past till arriving on Earth
3- In DBZ we are shown there exist two rituals: one to make you an Apprentice of Kai, one to give you Potential Unlock
4- In Super, Old Kai is never released from the sword, neither in the anime nor in the manga
5- This point here is just if you say something that training with the Z Sword should have given him the Potential Unlock: in DBZ, training with the Z Sword did NOT give anyone the Potential Unlock

Now with you add 1+2+3+4+5 together it means Trunks does NOT have the Potential Unlock.

Also, SS Rage isn't a "head canon" it is canon to the anime. In the manga he doesn't get it, as all he has is a SS2 he can strengthen to the power of 3
The Old Kaioushin is a character in Super. So he did come out of the Z Sword. I hope that what you meant to say was that he didn't come out of the Z Sword in Future Trunks's timeline in Super. Super is a continuation of DBZ, so of course the canon stuff that happened in DBZ (the things that happened in the anime an the manga) will be retained.

@Sixth: But we don't really know for sure if Super Saiyan Rage and Legendary Super Saiyan are the same. For all we know, they aren't, but Rage is just really similar to it.
Old 2017-11-07, 12:16   Link #203
Lord C

Yeah, I meant Future Old Kai
Old 2017-11-07, 13:05   Link #204
SilverGlavenus

The power levels in DBS just don't make sense anymore. Anyone who watched the latest episode can confirm that. What a shame.
On a side note, Kale proved herself to be the most intelligent character in the entire universe. "Onee-san was trying to hit you. Why did you dodge ???"
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 14:26   Link #205
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
The power levels in DBS just don't make sense anymore. Anyone who watched the latest episode can confirm that. What a shame.
On a side note, Kale proved herself to be the most intelligent character in the entire universe. "Onee-san was trying to hit you. Why did you dodge ???"
That is for the anime. The manga, although with its share of flaws, has been more consistent so far.
Old 2017-11-07, 14:37   Link #206
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
The power levels in DBS just don't make sense anymore. Anyone who watched the latest episode can confirm that.
If you're talking about Kefla, then read the anime thread, it has pretty good posts explaining why she's so strong.
Old 2017-11-07, 16:58   Link #207
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think it's understandable why. The Fusion between two Saiyans that strong would have to be, no? Look at how strong Vegeto is (Elder Kaioushin said back in DBZ, when Goku and Vegeta first used the Potara, that its' the Fusion between the universe's two greatest masters, and that it'd have to be that powerful). Kefla is a fused warrior made from a Saiyan that can turn into LSS and one that can turn SS2. Both quite powerful in their own right. Though, of course, there's really no comparison between Vegeto and Kefla power-wise. If Vegeto appeared in the tournament, not only would he curbstomp Kefla, he'd also defeat Jiren. And let's keep in that she most likely still can't beat Jiren.

Though I do want to know if she's going to defeat Blue + Kaiouken x20 or just Blue (the preview for Episode 115 said that Blue is defeated).
Old 2017-11-07, 18:04   Link #208
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Though I do want to know if she's going to defeat Blue + Kaiouken x20 or just Blue (the preview for Episode 115 said that Blue is defeated).
I'd bet in Blue Kaioken. Though the anime consistency regarding transformations and multipliers have been rather debatable, Kefla being strong enough to be above SS God means that any transformation available to her (and she at least has Kale's transformation in the preview and that is around or above SS2) would make her far above Blue. All the more considering the difference from God to Blue doesn't seem to be a multiplier as big as SS1 to SS2 (where the strength duplicates).

Meaning Goku would be forced to use Kaioken in Blue to have an advantage. Considering SS3 being mentioned over and over, it is possible that Kefla would achieve SS3 then, which would overpower Blue Kaioken and then he would achieve Ultra Instinct to beat her.

That's just my bet though.
Old 2017-11-08, 06:07   Link #209
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, he needs to figure out how to use Ultra Instinct on his own first, right? Whis did say it's not that easy since it's a state that even a God of Destruction can't easily reach. But still, cue in the gods sh!tting themselves again when Goku uses Ultra Instinct on his own. And of course, Whis being all happy that something wonderful is happening to him.

And I don't mind if Kefla becomes a Super Saiyan 3, but I also want to see Caulifla by herself do it as well.

And some info about what Ultra Instinct actually is would also be great. I have a theory, and I want to see if I'm right or not.
Old 2017-11-08, 08:17   Link #210
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

It will be awesome if we see Vegito in Ultra instinct mode...
Old 2017-11-08, 08:28   Link #211
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
It will be awesome if we see Vegito in Ultra instinct mode...
Vegito: I am now SSB UI VEGITO!!!!! *transformed to SSB and activated UI*
Jiren: Holy SHIT!
Audiences: OMG!
GoDs: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THAT MORTAL...NOOOOOO!
Angels: NO WAI!
Zeno: YEAH! YEAH! *waving both hands*
Grand Priest: INTERESTING!
Viewers: BYE SUPERMAN!
*Fusion dispelled*
Goku and Vegeta: ....The heck, it isn't even 10 seconds have passed.
Old Kai: Well, you guys are way more powerful than Potaro Earring can handle..so yeah.
Toei and Toriyama:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 08:42   Link #212
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Ugh..... That's.... Too much...
Old 2017-11-08, 14:50   Link #213
alex_drian

Kinda I would like to see Vegetto appear in Super only to get his ass kicked for Jiren.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 20:13   Link #214
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Nah, Vegito should be strong enough to beat him. That would be why isn't appearing - it'd be too easy a win for Universe 7. But Goku and Vegeta probably wouldn't want to fuse during the tournament anyway - even if someone could give them Potara earrings right now.

Which is why Goku has to try to beat Jiren himself. But he needs Ultra Instinct (plus Super Saiyan Blue and Kaiouken, I think) for that. Though Universe 7 could also end up winning because of the time limit was reached and they had the most members remaining on the stage (that would be anticlimactic, though).
Old 2017-11-09, 20:22   Link #215
grecefar

I don't know that strategy of having most members in the ring, I mean if jiren is that strong and he wants to win, just wait the last 2 minutes and he can eliminated everybody with no problem, I mean he's there to save his universe and needs to win.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 20:47   Link #216
SilverGlavenus

Meh, they probably will make Goku abuse Ultra Instinct until his aura turns red like in the OP
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 21:10   Link #217
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think the red aura in the OP is from Kaiouken. I could be wrong, though.

But yeah, now that @grecefar mentions it, Jiren could just wait until the last two minutes or so and then wipe everyone out to win. So Goku will have to get strong enough to beat him before time runs out. And also find out how to use Ultra Instinct on his own.
Old 2017-11-16, 13:33   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Some spoilers from the next chapter are out. We don't have much to go on right now, but Jiren talks more in the one spoiler pic released than the 20+ episodes he's been featured in the anime

Spoiler:
Old 2017-11-16, 14:44   Link #219
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So the manga makes Jiren annoying? Manga version of Toppo is more tolerable than his anime counterpart, so maybe the tradeoff is Jiren being more annoying. I really hope not, though. But the information revealed about Jiren in the manga is good.

When is the new episode of the anime coming out, by the way?
Old 2017-11-16, 18:24   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He's not annoying at all. He's just more talkative and depicted in a more heroic light than his anime self, being shown working hard to preserve peace and saving lives.

Tags
donkan mc