AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-07-16, 18:50   Link #201
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

around 12pm EST, it hit 100k tweets in Japan. EXCITING!!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 19:28   Link #202
Nork22

This is trending hard as well:
#梨子ちゃんクソコラグランプリ

Oh Riko, you are turning into an Umi meme generator.
Old 2016-07-16, 20:35   Link #203
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

What does the hashtag translate to? That's hilarious
Old 2016-07-16, 22:09   Link #204
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
What does the hashtag translate to? That's hilarious
Riko-chan Shit-(photo)shopping Grand Prix or some sort.
Old 2016-07-17, 02:14   Link #205
R.LocK
My turn

I dislike ANN's reviewers, but this time around someone did a nice job.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 09:10   Link #206
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I dislike ANN's reviewers, but this time around someone did a nice job.
Was it too much similarity to Muse, or they just plain hate idol animu in general?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 10:22   Link #207
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Was it too much similarity to Muse, or they just plain hate idol animu in general?
this review/impression piece seems to speak positively about the show so far

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/rev...de-1-3/.104385
Old 2016-07-18, 21:00   Link #208
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
So, after three episodes, who is everyone's favorite Sunshine girl so far?

I'll go first, by using this wonderfully fitting/amusing image taken from lovelive-confessions (at tumblr):

Old 2016-07-18, 21:22   Link #209
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

You is seriously OP. She's good at so many different things that make her cool and are beneficial life skills.
Old 2016-07-18, 23:03   Link #210
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I'll go first, by using this wonderfully fitting/amusing image taken from lovelive-confessions (at tumblr):

My top picks from the beginning were Yohane-sama, Riko, and You.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 02:33   Link #211
novalysis

Quote:
You is seriously OP. She's good at so many different things that make her cool and are beneficial life skills.
I don't think Chika could have gotten her idea off the ground without the help of You. Chika is incredibly lucky to have a friend in You. You is basically the ace of the founding three members of the club - although I would imagine Hanamaru will be the first year ace.

Last edited by novalysis; 2016-07-19 at 06:12.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 04:36   Link #212
Raviel

^"Hanamaru" fixed that for you, might want to take a break from Overwatch
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 04:42   Link #213
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Let's see... she knows how to make costumes, is the BFF of the MC, can do a mean photobomb, why it's KotoriYou! Everyone, please salute Captain You!

Well it's no surprise after 3 episodes (plus the PVs and audio dramas) that You is still my favourite. What's change though is that I got Yoshiko moving up to 2nd, and Dia coming in 3rd. Dia's a surprise since I wasn't really warming up to her much, but after these past few episodes in the anime, I'm now liking her too serious attitude cute.
Old 2016-07-19, 06:13   Link #214
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I don't think Chika could have gotten her idea off the ground without the help of You. Chika is incredibly lucky to have a friend in You. You is basically the ace of the founding three members of the club - although I would imagine Hanamaru will be the first year ace.
Hanamaru is a fan effin tastic singer. I can't wait to hear her singles.
Old 2016-07-19, 06:18   Link #215
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Hanamaru is a fan effin tastic singer. I can't wait to hear her singles.
If you hear Kanako Takatsuki's anison covers, you'll know that she's good!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 06:19   Link #216
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
My top picks from the beginning were Yohane-sama, Riko, and You.
Quote:
Great to see You get so much love! Very good replies, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Let's see... she knows how to make costumes, is the BFF of the MC, can do a mean photobomb, why it's KotoriYou! Everyone, please salute Captain You!

Well it's no surprise after 3 episodes (plus the PVs and audio dramas) that You is still my favourite. What's change though is that I got Yoshiko moving up to 2nd, and Dia coming in 3rd.
Neat - You have the same top 3 as me! Dia jumped way up for me with her being such a hardcore and knowledgeable μ's fan. And for pure entertainment value, it's hard to top Yohane.
Old 2016-07-19, 06:28   Link #217
novalysis

I am actually wondering who will play the role of ARISE (besides μ's ) in Love Live Sunshine. My theory is that Aqours would face one of the finalist groups μ's competed in the national finals in the Second Love Live. Given the previous format required groups to first go through the Regional Primaries, my theory is that they will be up against one of the groups from Shizouka prefecture that were named - possibly Hello!Hello!, in the regionals.

I originally thought that Midnight Cat's appearance in the magazine Ruby was reading was a foreshadowing that it is Midnight Cat's that Aqours have to get passed to get into the finals, except Midnight Cat's is based in Tokyo, which shoots that theory down.

Also, if Aqours makes it to the finals, odds are high that they will be facing a team fielded by Otonokizaka Idol Research Club. Depending on when in the time-line Sunshine takes place in, they will be facing a minimum of Alicia and Yukiho, or even as much as a new group fielded by the Idol Research Club, captained by Hanayo and consisting of up to 2/3's of the original members of μ's going by a different name. and that group will be considered by outsiders as the nearest thing to defending champions, and high favorites to win once again.

The rule of drama dictates then, if Aqours reaches the finals, to lose to the new group fielded by Otonokizaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
If you hear Kanako Takatsuki's anison covers, you'll know that she's good!
Do you mean the Anison Project Anime Box cover albums of anime OPs and EDs and OSTs , that can be found on streaming sites like Spotify?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 06:40   Link #218
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
I am actually wondering who will play the role of ARISE (besides μ's ) in Love Live Sunshine. My theory is that Aqours would face one of the finalist groups μ's competed in the national finals in the Second Love Live. Given the previous format required groups to first go through the Regional Primaries, my theory is that they will be up against one of the groups from Shizouka prefecture that were named - possibly Hello!Hello!, in the regionals.

I originally thought that Midnight Cat's appearance in the magazine Ruby was reading was a foreshadowing that it is Midnight Cat's that Aqours have to get passed to get into the finals, except Midnight Cat's is based in Tokyo, which shoots that theory down.

Also, if Aqours makes it to the finals, odds are high that they will be facing a team fielded by Otonokizaka Idol Research Club. Depending on when in the time-line Sunshine takes place in, they will be facing a minimum of Alicia and Yukiho, or even as much as a new group fielded by the Idol Research Club, captained by Hanayo and consisting of up to 2/3's of the original members of μ's going by a different name. and that group will be considered by outsiders as the nearest thing to defending champions, and high favorites to win once again.

The rule of drama dictates then, if Aqours reaches the finals, to lose to the new group fielded by Otonokizaka.
But still capturing the hearts of all Japan in the process. They will return to their city as some sort of heroes even though they don't win Love Live.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 06:55   Link #219
Triple_R
*Author

I actually could see Aqours winning Love Live on their first try. This is for a few reasons:

1. It could tie in nicely with the drama surrounding the third years (i.e. think about how the third years are framed in the OP). The third years may well have already experienced school idol failure in the past. The show could use that, perhaps via flashbacks, to provide the same sort of drama that would be achieved by having Aqours come up just short on a first try.

2. Whatever we think of it, Aqours is off to a faster start than what μ's enjoyed. Episode 3 makes this clear. It's possible that the creative minds behind Sunshine have decided the following: One good way to have Aqours stand out from μ's is to have Aqours achieve complete success quicker. That would be consistent with what we've seen so far.

3. There will likely be a creative desire for Sunshine (Season 1) to end on a strong note. Arguably the best way to achieve that is to simply have Aqours win it all near/at the end of Season 1.

I wouldn't be shocked if Aqours was to lose to someone in the Love Live finals, but them winning it all in their first try would also not be surprising to me.
Old 2016-07-19, 07:34   Link #220
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
How about this: Let's have two Love Live! competitions in a single academic year where Aqours lost the first one, but claimed victory in the second tournament.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol