AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-22, 19:12   Link #201
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohyama Reki View Post
Isn't she trying to make him uncomfortable/miserable, not straight up try and kill him? o.0
[...]
Depends on the type of pepper used. Chipotle I hear gives it a nice kick without being lethal.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 11:54   Link #202
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

On another thought, what do you think Mayumi would find as a career path (not family or anything like that, just career) after graduating from Uni? Especially since she's not the heir of the Saegusa.

Assume there's no chaos and it was a perfectly normal world with nothing out of the ordinary >.>
Tohyama Reki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:07   Link #203
nosaer

Thats a good question. what kind of careers do magicians have though, or are they allowed to have? I can't think of much outside of military things because thats all we see. They haven't gone much into non military occupations for magicians. She'd make a good politician or counselor or maybe or the HR department of a company if we discount her magic. She's pretty good at dealing with people and being elegant.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:18   Link #204
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
On another thought, what do you think Mayumi would find as a career path (not family or anything like that, just career) after graduating from Uni? Especially since she's not the heir of the Saegusa.

Assume there's no chaos and it was a perfectly normal world with nothing out of the ordinary >.>
Speculating Mayumi's career without considering family is impossible.
At this point, her career path is being a political asset for Saegusa family.
If you recall the Yokohama Arc, you would understand how much responsibility Mayumi carries as a member of 10 Master family.
In order to strengthen the bond or the relations between 10 MC, her marriage would be her priority. It may happen soon after 10MC selection or before in order to pressure Yotsuba.

She will get married to somebody, probably Hirofumi from Itsuwa family. Katsuto is not an easy one to manipulate, so Hirofumi would be the ideal choice for Koichi to expand his influence over Itsuwa family and Itsuwa Mio, the only official S-Class magician in Japan.

After marriage, she may work for the magic association or organizations related to the family that she married to. Due to her relation to 10MC, she or any other member of 10 MC cannot participate official roles as long as they are part of 10MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Thats a good question. what kind of careers do magicians have though, or are they allowed to have? I can't think of much outside of military things because thats all we see. They haven't gone much into non military occupations for magicians. She'd make a good politician or counselor or maybe or the HR department of a company if we discount her magic. She's pretty good at dealing with people and being elegan
magicians have many paths: military, researcher, teacher, CED engineer, investment adviser, weather forecaster and etc.
But, members of 10MC normally work for their family or institutions / organizations related to family. And, they cannot participate in politics and official position in the society.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-26 at 13:21.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:30   Link #205
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Speculating Mayumi's career without considering family is impossible.
I was just trying to avoid any chance of starting another shipping argument/item/thingy-ma-bob.

But I can see your point indeed.

Your other points are very valid as well
Old 2014-06-26, 14:07   Link #206
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
I was just trying to avoid any chance of starting another shipping argument/item/thingy-ma-bob.

But I can see your point indeed.

Your other points are very valid as well
I was making my assumption without shipping.
In some way, she is very loyal to her family, and she put her family and 10MC before herself because she strongly believes she gained a lot of benefit by being the member of 10MC.

If she is not member of 10 MC, her future would be limitless.
Only thing, Mayumi may not do, is becoming a solider.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 14:13   Link #207
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
I was making my assumption without shipping.
I understand, I was just trying to not have it be my fault if it started up >.> Or in that case, creating any basis for it to start in the first place.

Quote:
In some way, she is very loyal to her family, and she put her family and 10MC before herself because she strongly believes she gained a lot of benefit by being the member of 10MC.
While I can also agree with this, I think there have been some signs in later volumes where Mayumi is shown as questioning (at least her father's) actions, showing that she is not completely loyal, but still very loyal. But yes, I can see what you are saying here.

Quote:
If she is not member of 10 MC, her future would be limitless.
Only thing, Mayumi may not do, is becoming a solider.
I can agree with the first statement, but possibly not the second. With the way the current situation in the GAA, Japan, or other events or maybe with possible future events, I can see that sort of situation being a reality (call it fulfilling a duty as being a member of a 10MC or something along those lines)
Old 2014-06-26, 23:32   Link #208
cyberdemon

I suppose she would be a good magic sniper for the military
Old 2014-06-27, 02:16   Link #209
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I suppose she would be a good magic sniper for the military
No, she should look more like a machine gunner in my opinion.

Miyuki will be the artillery.

Come on, we all know who is our true sniper+CQC+nuker.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 05:03   Link #210
Echizen777

Quote:

Good question... Excepted the obvious military choice she could join anti-magic police, become a teacher since there are not numerous or an engineer(really low since magicians usually don't know how to calibrate a CAD so far we know that only Mayumi and Masaki are able to do this) considering that when a magician lacks talent like Mizuki his direct choice is to be a magic engineer, it shows how poor their options are , lower her chance too if she decides to become one, even normal humans can do this.

All their studies are mostly magic related. She could postulate for a normal job but with her name plus the relation between non magicians and magicians I think there is a segregation, even if she is more qualified than someone who is not a magician, people will not choose her most of the times. Even by being chosen, lot of people will criticize her, the mood at work would be bad, there will surely be a news about it, the antimagic faction will protest etc...
Tattsuya should hurry and complete the thermonuclear reactor...

Quote:
I understand, I was just trying to not have it be my fault if it started up >.> Or in that case, creating any basis for it to start in the first place.

While I can also agree with this, I think there have been some signs in later volumes where Mayumi is shown as questioning (at least her father's) actions, showing that she is not completely loyal, but still very loyal. But yes, I can see what you are saying here.

I can agree with the first statement, but possibly not the second. With the way the current situation in the GAA, Japan, or other events or maybe with possible future events, I can see that sort of situation being a reality (call it fulfilling a duty as being a member of a 10MC or something along those lines)
Yeah, they are noticing more and more that magicians are good for the military, especially magicians born from the 10 researches lab given that they are the ultimate weapons, Volume 7 was enough to show their might. That's why SC has been accepted.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 09:05   Link #211
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Good question... Excepted the obvious military choice she could join anti-magic police, become a teacher since there are not numerous or an engineer(really low since magicians usually don't know how to calibrate a CAD so far we know that only Mayumi and Masaki are able to do this) considering that when a magician lacks talent like Mizuki his direct choice is to be a magic engineer, it shows how poor their options are , lower her chance too if she decides to become one, even normal humans can do this.
INB4 average housewife that doesn't stand out

JK, JK with being part of the Saegusa it'll never happen. I don't really see being a teacher though, as even though teachers are few (as stated in volume 1 I think? Reason why course 2 doesn't have really any real-life instructors) and just her status with being part of the family that she's in will happen.

Maybe a politician? (Oh boy >.>)

Quote:
Yeah, they are noticing more and more that magicians are good for the military, especially magicians born from the 10 researches lab given that they are the ultimate weapons, Volume 7 was enough to show their might. That's why SC has been accepted.
Plus the fact of how much innate magical talent that Mayumi has by herself would make her attractive as well. As much as I wouldn't really like it (in the military, fighting in other circumstances is a whole other matter) I can see it happening.
Old 2014-06-27, 10:18   Link #212
Echizen777

Quote:
INB4 average housewife that doesn't stand out

JK, JK with being part of the Saegusa it'll never happen.
Hm, we need to know more about the family live of the heir actually, I think work is not necessary for them. The boss seem to do nothing and we don't know much about their wives. Koichi's first wife is dead, we know nothing of her second one, he was a soldier before but he seems to spend all his time at home, Maya can't have children, the most normal family so far is the Ichijou's one but his father was not at home and his wife who is probably from one of the 28 families is a housewife.
Mayumi is destined to be someone's wife anyway, the biggest candidates as her, if she marries one of them she would share their problems. She could very well be a housewife if they decide to.

Quote:
I don't really see being a teacher though, as even though teachers are few (as stated in volume 1 I think? Reason why course 2 doesn't have really any real-life instructors) and just her status with being part of the family that she's in will happen.

Maybe a politician? (Oh boy >.>)
Why not? I can picture Saegusa-sensei teasing her students , her magic knowledge is above average too. Magicians are not involved in politics, her status of Saegusa puts her above them anyway.
Old 2014-06-27, 12:51   Link #213
novalysis

I can envision Mayumi taking the role of a teacher, too. It's probably a career that is compatible with her expected social position, and she doesn't seem like the type to reject that social position. Wiggle her way perhaps, and have a mind and agendas of her own, and troll her way through life, but not a rebel.

But I still doubt that Koichi is in any particular hurry to marry Mayumi off. Yes, the Itsuwas might be more pliable , but besides Itsuwa Mio (whose long term survival is not a guarantee), what advantage can a marriage alliance offer? Is it worth it to prop up the Istuwa clan, if Mio croaks? On the other hand, the Juumongi are more likely to have more staying power, even if Kasuto is not open to manipulation.

I wonder though, why hasn't Mayumi's brothers received a name yet? If indeed, the Death Flags are toiling for Koiichi's head (it seems that this is the logical conclusion of all his plots), the appearance of Mayumi's brothers might well signify the author's intention to kill Koiichi off - a prospect that seems more likely with every passing volume .

Last edited by novalysis; 2014-06-27 at 20:39.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 13:48   Link #214
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I can envision Mayumi taking the role of a teacher, too. It's probably career that is compatible with her expected social position, and she doesn't seem like the type to reject that social position. Wiggle her way perhaps, and have a mind and agendas of her own, and troll her way through life, but not a rebel.
Perfect teacher!
Old 2014-06-27, 14:12   Link #215
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Why not? I can picture Saegusa-sensei teasing her students
WHELP. I can totally see that.

Quote:
I forgot about that video XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I wonder though, why hasn't Mayumi's brothers received a name yet? If indeed, the Death Flags are toiling for Koiichi's head (it seems that this is the logical conclusion of all his plots), the appearance of Mayumi's brothers might well signify the author's intention to kill Koiichi off - a prospect that seems more likely with every passing volume .
Maybe some crazy plot twist and Mayumi gets named the next head in a twisted move, which is a valid reason why the author hasn't named her brothers yet >.>
Old 2014-07-02, 12:27   Link #216
real123

Mayumi thread is the most active among female characters
I just wanted to point it out
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:36   Link #217
nosaer

^ as it should be. She is the best girl...and I wonder how they'll treat the soundproof tent scene of her talking with Tatsuya. there were a few subtle vibes near the end of that which shouldn't take much time or effort to animate.
Old 2014-07-02, 13:23   Link #218
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
Mayumi thread is the most active among female characters
I just wanted to point it out
I just recently noticed this but it seems she is the most popular female character among the western readers. Maybe Miyuki is the most popular but these 2 are far more popular than the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
^ as it should be. She is the best girl...and I wonder how they'll treat the soundproof tent scene of her talking with Tatsuya. there were a few subtle vibes near the end of that which shouldn't take much time or effort to animate.
I am expecting them to skip it tbh.
Old 2014-07-02, 14:03   Link #219
StormKing

Quote:
I just recently noticed this but it seems she is the most popular female character among the western readers. Maybe Miyuki is the most popular but these 2 are far more popular than the others.

I am expecting them to skip it tbh.
Well they put in the Mayumi stretching scene, so its possible that will put in as well.
Then again it's best not to be hopeful when you consider how Madhouse has treated this adaptation.
StormKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 15:56   Link #220
nosaer

Now that I think about it, that scene is heavily tied to the No Head dragon plotline, but have they really expanded on that one much yet? I remember Tatsuya and Mikihiko taking out those guys, and him meeting with the officers, but I don't remember if they actually talked about that yet. If they haven't expanded on the No Head Dragon plotline yet, then you may be right about them skipping over the Mayumi x tatsuya tent scene...hmmm