AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 02:00   Link #201
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I think you're thinking of Gram which is definitely a dragon slayer sword Ascalon is just a really powerful holy sword.

And actually he has used boosts on Ascalon before to clarify
No, no, Ascalon is a dragon-slaying sword, made famous when St. George killed a dragon with it. But, well, I'll let Akeno explain (Volume 4):
Quote:
“There were final adjustments done on that sword in this shrine. Maou-sama, Azazel-sama, and Michael-sama’s camps’ ceremonies have been performed so even if a devil houses the power of the dragon, he can touch it.”
So, Ascalon alone can be safe for Ise, as well as whomever Ise allows to wield it (for instance Xenovia, who had trouble controlling Durandal but could control Ascalon; it still should have harmed her, seeing its a Holy Sword and she's a devil, but with Ise's approval she was able to wield it).
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 04:15   Link #202
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
No, no, Ascalon is a dragon-slaying sword, made famous when St. George killed a dragon with it. But, well, I'll let Akeno explain (Volume 4):

So, Ascalon alone can be safe for Ise, as well as whomever Ise allows to wield it (for instance Xenovia, who had trouble controlling Durandal but could control Ascalon; it still should have harmed her, seeing its a Holy Sword and she's a devil, but with Ise's approval she was able to wield it).
ha i forgot about that my bad but either way we'll see.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 09:22   Link #203
kikix

It's safe only to Issei, and only for fusion. You are mistaking "using" a sword and "fusing" a sword.

Issei could always wield Ascalon, even without its power being modified. Its dragon-slayer aura was uncomfortable to him...but that's that. The problem was with the fact that he was supposed to take that dragon-slayer and holy aura into himself, by fusing the sword with his gauntlet. That could be compared to being cut by it, which is no longer safe by a long shot.

Xenovia doesn't fuse with Ascalon. She just uses it, holding it by the handle and controling its holy aura. Remember that Xenovia specifically is a natural holy sword user (unlike Irina, which is artificial user). She can use Durandal and Excalibur, both of which are far more powerful. Compared to them, controling Ascalons holy aura is a piece of cake for her.

However, Xenovia, Kiba and most likely even Issei would feel the full power of the sword if they were cut with it.

Also, Ascalon is a rather weak holy sword, I believe. Its main point is its dragon-slaying, which is still inferior to some other holy and demonic swords. It was given to Issei because its combination of holy and dragon-slayer went well against Vali that was (and still is) Isseis "destined" rival, having weakness to both of those. As Issei VS Vali fight did show...neither of those traits is strong enough to cause Vali critical damage on their own, however.
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 16:34   Link #204
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
Also, Ascalon is a rather weak holy sword, I believe. Its main point is its dragon-slaying, which is still inferior to some other holy and demonic swords. It was given to Issei because its combination of holy and dragon-slayer went well against Vali that was (and still is) Isseis "destined" rival, having weakness to both of those. As Issei VS Vali fight did show...neither of those traits is strong enough to cause Vali critical damage on their own, however.
As far as I know, Ascalon has only been used 2 times:

- By Kiba against Sigfried.
- By Issei against Grendel.

And only when used by Kiba showed some power.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 16:48   Link #205
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
As far as I know, Ascalon has only been used 2 times:

- By Kiba against Sigfried.
- By Issei against Grendel.

And only when used by Kiba showed some power.
Ise used it in volume 4 in the fight against Vali, Xenovia used it in volume 6 against Shalba, and it's been used several other times when he harnessed the Dragon-slaying aura of Ascalon and incorporated it into his attacks.
Old 2014-08-01, 19:35   Link #206
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Ise used it in volume 4 in the fight against Vali, Xenovia used it in volume 6 against Shalba, and it's been used several other times when he harnessed the Dragon-slaying aura of Ascalon and incorporated it into his attacks.
Oh, I didn't remember those.
Old 2014-08-04, 11:18   Link #207
RED IV

You know what would be crazy? If Issei absorbs the gem that Grendel is in
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 11:37   Link #208
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED IV View Post
You know what would be crazy? If Issei absorbs the gem that Grendel is in
For what purpose?

Drive Ddraig insane with his rants?
Old 2014-08-04, 12:21   Link #209
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
For what purpose?

Drive Ddraig insane with his rants?
Ddraig would be like Partner I'll be back in a few Im about to kill him.
Old 2014-08-04, 13:59   Link #210
ImperialFlameGod8190

issei absorbing Grendel is utterly pointless because he already has the power of a dragon. If anybody should get Grendel's power its Sairoag or Bikou since they dont have the power of a dragon behind them.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 15:33   Link #211
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
issei absorbing Grendel is utterly pointless because he already has the power of a dragon. If anybody should get Grendel's power its Sairoag or Bikou since they dont have the power of a dragon behind them.
That's a good point actually.

Who of the gears possessors would benefit the most by having Grendel in his gear.

And to that extend to what kind of sacred gear can he go.

Remember that his pure strength, always on the offensive, very sturdy and most important.....an utter jerk.

My candidate, Kiba and any of the sword related gears he has.

BTW, Sairoag already have a lion so no need for a dragon and Bikou as far as I know doesn't have a sacred gear.
Old 2014-08-04, 16:32   Link #212
kikix

Bikou can't have a sacred gear since he's a youkai. Only humans (or half humans) can be born with them, while youkai do not have the reincarnation method that devils (and now angels as well) possess. The only way for him to get one would be to steal one, at the cost of owners life (like Reynale). Sairaorg is a lone exception, in that the sacred gear he possesses did never pass onto another host, hence it actually chose its user.

The fact that Issei already have dragon inside his sacred gear hardly changes a thing. Having a dragon-based sacred gear grants a weakness to dragon-slayer weapons, so I'm going to say that it actually comes in pack with a drawback. Issei is already weak to them, so adding another one is "drawback free". That being said...is there any point to that?! I don't think so. Grendel doesn't have any special traits that could do anything. He's just physically strong dragon with increadible amount of tenacity. And physical traits aren't really passed down to the possessor of sacred gear, or Issei would be able to throw cars around...
Old 2014-08-04, 19:56   Link #213
Tbolt

Ise tells Ddraig , buddy here's a sharp stick poke to you hearts content. So for the next 10'000 years every time Ddraig goes by Grendel he stops and pokes him while giving an evil laugh.
Old 2014-08-04, 21:57   Link #214
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Uhm poor ddraig I hope it doesn't happen

Uhm just came back I guess no one miss me

On-topic: any updates on n0m@n blog I can't access it "sob in the corner T_T"
Old 2014-08-04, 22:17   Link #215
Tbolt

Welcome back, nothing yet on any updates, well about Ddraig you know how it gets when we start running out of things to discuss. We have run through the food topic, now Ddraig torturing Grendel what will it be next?
Old 2014-08-04, 22:42   Link #216
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Welcome back, nothing yet on any updates, well about Ddraig you know how it gets when we start running out of things to discuss. We have run through the food topic, now Ddraig torturing Grendel what will it be next?
Ic thanks, can't update that tread coz my pc is broken much worse all my files are all there, it won't boot up even the power is on sigh T_T

Uhm there is no trap?

Kidding aside uhm I wonder what is stronger penatrate or switching wyvern hmm
Old 2014-08-05, 05:27   Link #217
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Uhm poor ddraig I hope it doesn't happen

Uhm just came back I guess no one miss me

On-topic: any updates on n0m@n blog I can't access it "sob in the corner T_T"
Welcome back. No updates yet dont worry you wont miss the next update.
Old 2014-08-07, 14:00   Link #218
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix
Bikou can't have a sacred gear since he's a youkai. Only humans (or half humans) can be born with them, while youkai do not have the reincarnation method that devils (and now angels as well) possess. The only way for him to get one would be to steal one, at the cost of owners life (like Reynale). Sairaorg is a lone exception, in that the sacred gear he possesses did never pass onto another host, hence it actually chose its user
There is another way actually, artificial SG remember ?? but then again if i recall in order to make one the user needs to make a pact first with the creature that wants to be put in the artificial SG. So yeah having a nut dragon like Grendel as an artificial SG is a big no
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 18:11   Link #219
kikix

Yeah. That's why I ignored the artificial sacred gears. Azazel is no god. He can't seal powerful beings in them. He must have their cooperation like he did with Fafnir, giving him plenty of his collected treasures as a price.
There's no point in talking about Bikou making use of Grendel in a sacred gear if Bikou cannot get a sacred gear that Grendel could be placed into.
Old 2014-08-07, 19:29   Link #220
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

ah ah, both Bikou and Grendel is battle maniac

what if they having an agreement/cooperation about
"fight strong enemy, and you can use my power"

this is just a suggestion
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote