AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-01, 01:17   Link #2081
patcan3609

So reading a 100 or so pages is kinda hard, can anyone tell me is there romance or harem in this story? It says there is harem yet no harem and romance yet no romance on the tags. Im confused
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 02:12   Link #2082
Firestar2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan3609 View Post
So reading a 100 or so pages is kinda hard, can anyone tell me is there romance or harem in this story? It says there is harem yet no harem and romance yet no romance on the tags. Im confused
Those tags need to be completely obliterated and standard tags added

There is romance, but its very slow paced and it is not the focus of the story. This question is also linked to the harem question. He has two followers who love him and are constantly trying to seduce him. Due to the fact he sees them as family though the feeling isn't reciprocated. He is aware of their feelings though. In short the girls love him and do funny things trying to win his favor, but that's about all the romance you are going to get. Including the two mentioned characters above there is 7 harem candidates. Three of them only appear mainly in arc 3 while the other 2 only appear in the extra chapters.

Last edited by Firestar2471; 2016-08-01 at 02:45.
Firestar2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 11:41   Link #2083
leobreaker

Isn't it kinda impossible Sofia to be root's direct daughter. Because superior dragon can only have child with Human or maybe root can have child with Hyuman too ? If sofia is direct daughter that means there is past hero still alive because sofia age seem like 20s means that hero's age will be in 40s.
Well root did say she is his/her descendent but didnt say daughter. Or it is some his experiment subject he is trying to make philosopher stone after all
leobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 14:10   Link #2084
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by leobreaker View Post
Isn't it kinda impossible Sofia to be root's direct daughter. Because superior dragon can only have child with Human or maybe root can have child with Hyuman too ? If sofia is direct daughter that means there is past hero still alive because sofia age seem like 20s means that hero's age will be in 40s.
Well root did say she is his/her descendent but didnt say daughter. Or it is some his experiment subject he is trying to make philosopher stone after all
There is no information about her being a direct child from him, even more there is information saying that this is impossible, because the entire timeline that he is being living as male and also the time span of a human living in their world and so on, implies that there was no "human" living there and mainly that he knew so he could have a child with more or less 20 years old ( i do not remember if they implicit said her age, only that she was a early woman in age). so unless the author gives a new information about a "new" human on the world besides the three we know or any other "extra" information on the topic this is impossible.
But being a descendant like i said before, is almost complete true, we just do not have him saying that, but like i wrote in my previous post, there is more than enough information to imply that sofia is what she is, because of him, be it with experiments like you said, or a direct descendant. he have make a huge and important impact in her live and probably it is to worse, since she was trying to kill him.

on a extra note: i never saw anyone saying anything about it, i myself have not said because i find it a sad topic to talk about in the novel i hope that the author will do something to change it in the future , but since we are talking about childs and so on, anyone else besides me have take notice that is impossible for tomoe to have makoto baby's like Root implied? because let's not forget that makoto's genetics is hymans, so she can never have his baby , sad day for tomoe, a true sad day.
Old 2016-08-01, 14:45   Link #2085
Firestar2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
There is no information about her being a direct child from him, even more there is information saying that this is impossible, because the entire timeline that he is being living as male and also the time span of a human living in their world and so on, implies that there was no "human" living there and mainly that he knew so he could have a child with more or less 20 years old ( i do not remember if they implicit said her age, only that she was a early woman in age). so unless the author gives a new information about a "new" human on the world besides the three we know or any other "extra" information on the topic this is impossible.
But being a descendant like i said before, is almost complete true, we just do not have him saying that, but like i wrote in my previous post, there is more than enough information to imply that sofia is what she is, because of him, be it with experiments like you said, or a direct descendant. he have make a huge and important impact in her live and probably it is to worse, since she was trying to kill him.

on a extra note: i never saw anyone saying anything about it, i myself have not said because i find it a sad topic to talk about in the novel i hope that the author will do something to change it in the future , but since we are talking about childs and so on, anyone else besides me have take notice that is impossible for tomoe to have makoto baby's like Root implied? because let's not forget that makoto's genetics is hymans, so she can never have his baby , sad day for tomoe, a true sad day.
Quite correct, also we will get either Root or Sofia explicitly admitting she is of her descent in the raws. I can't quite remember when other than that it should be in arc 3.

As for Tomoe X Makoto, that will almost come certainly come true through some method or another. (My money is on either A.) The environment of earth changed him on some fundamental level to be closer to a human. B.) Becoming a god/demi-god makes it possible).
Old 2016-08-01, 14:54   Link #2086
Breimn

If he becomes God he can just make babies by taking Zeus or Loki as exemple. They have quite the knowledge in that . Or if he goes the boring way he can just magically conjure them without sex.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 14:55   Link #2087
kagato3

Given we have no information on Sofia's true age and she is part dragon it's a bit foolish to base her age off her looks. She's likely a lot older then she looks having the skill and power to match supreme dragons.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 18:15   Link #2088
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Given we have no information on Sofia's true age and she is part dragon it's a bit foolish to base her age off her looks. She's likely a lot older then she looks having the skill and power to match supreme dragons.
about the appearance that she have and her backstory that we have so far is very right to assume that she is indeed a hyuman or at max(really low chance) hyuman/dragon hybrid, not a fully dragon and also it shows that she grows old, because they also says that it took her "from the time it start as adventure as teenage to a early age woman to be known as the strongest adventure" so is not about her looks, it explicit said that she is a early woman in age not a early woman in appearance and also that she "grow old" , i can not give you the chapter number exactly sorry, because it have been a long time i read the information but i sure of it.
now about the entire match of supreme dragons, it was never said that she had the power to match the supreme dragons from the start, again is very strong implied from the get go that Root have a direct effect of her strength and even them was not enough to match a supreme dragon by itself only to become the strongest adventure (maybe).
now about the path to have the "strength to fight a supreme dragon":
she started the hunt with a party and a very strong one, since they are the strongest adventures party in the world and even them they are easily "wiped out" by lancer alone and them she went MIA,later on we got to know that the entire "sofia the dragon slayers " is all a lie that the hyumans have made because lancer had vanished with her, let's not forget that the "only" supreme dragon that the hymans have know that she killed is lancer, and we now that this is false.
a little more backstory: later on we got to know that she as the lone survivor have made a deal with lancer and probably went hunting the rest of the dragons with him by their agreement since in the present time she already had them in the war , so yes by the end of it she may have the power to "fight" a supreme dragon but she never did it alone , but let's not forget that she did not started with it or even was strong enough to win, and also there is a lot of beings able to fight a supreme dragon, it is implied that the devils side as well have a lot of players strong enough to fight the dragon as well, just that they would need a lot of preparations and in 1x1 fight they would probably lose as well.
but the main point is, the very first supreme dragon that she fought already had wiped her entire party, and them she had to join another supreme dragon to keep "fighting" and kill the other ones, so by the end of it she never had the power to match a supreme dragon at least there is not enough proof in the novel.
in the end she was one of the strongest but on par with the supreme dragons, "alone" never.
this is told by the timeline of events in the novel, once you read far enough and are given the clues of it all of it becomes clear.
to finish: let's not forget one important thing, she "Only" assumes a true dragon/hyuman hybrid form, after lancer died and had pass his entire power left to her as per their deal, so even the entire dragon/hyman hybrid could have been a by product of lancer and not her birth and so on, until before she was only fusing with the dragons core power but this alone "only" let her use some type of special ability from the dragon, so is safe to assume that is a very limited type of absorb ability or that other people can also do it, it could work similar as the blessings that supreme dragon can give to hyumans, since it allows them so have a similar effect as the one that sofia was having before lancer died, only that with her it is a little stronger than the example we have with blessings on the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar2471 View Post
Quite correct, also we will get either Root or Sofia explicitly admitting she is of her descent in the raws. I can't quite remember when other than that it should be in arc 3.
well, like i said the explicit "word" saying "i'm you grandfather or i'm your dad or things like that " i do not remember reading, but like i said he pretty much said that she is what she "IS" because of him, but like we know JP words can have more than one meaning in English or in my case Portuguese, we will need to wait for the translator to translate the part itself since he is more competent than me with the language.
now about the recent events: i'm pretty sure that If makoto takes sofias under his wing, we will have a huge backstory arc about her, and since she is back i believe we are close to that , so just a little more patience and we will be able to know, but i glad that she is back because i want makoto to have a hyuman to form a pact with him , since only supreme dragon-calamity spider-lich-demi god makes his "family" seems too elitist for me , we need someone normal..
helll i wanted Ema to be the "normal" part of the pact, but now i think that sofia may replace her.
after all, a little Piglike woman, turning in a beautiful woman by the pact it would be a huge twist and a nice one at least i believe so.
haha do you remember the scene with Ema fighting in the battle to recover the fort,where makoto's old country was?? it was very nice to see the author giving her some screen time, she flying above the troops giving order and launching spells while flying, it was very nice too see.
Quote:
As for Tomoe X Makoto, that will almost come certainly come true through some method or another. (My money is on either A.) The environment of earth changed him on some fundamental level to be closer to a human. B.) Becoming a god/demi-god makes it possible).
well i'm pretty sure that in the entire context of the history they will make a way to make makoto live forever, be it with godhood, or be it as lich (like i have talked about before) so i'm not so worried anymore about the makoto x tomoe destiny and so by makoto x rest of the cast;.
i just brought it up the talk about the child because of the entire child talk we had with sofia's case, but i must say that when i read that chapter it took me big and i stopped reading the novel for a day or two, because the entire thing would be a huge obstacle for Tomoe and would break her heart, i'm glad that the author just put it in the sideline of the history and have not said anything so far, but once this come up again it will be a huge shock for her until she remember that they already have the "tools" to make makoto lives forever.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-08-01 at 18:45.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 19:19   Link #2089
Darius Drake

^ The problem with Makoto making any more "contracts" is that he seems to be currently so much more powerful (in terms of raw power) than even Supreme Dragons that Root would need the same types of "boosters" that was given to Shiki to join his "family", aka, make the contract. Those who aren't at that level probably can't even attempt it.

Oh, and, on Makoto gaining family. There's two "exploitable" things that can allow him to breed with his closest followers. Firstly, his ability to change Fate might be able to break the rule. Secondly, his closest followers are, technically, now Hyumans, due to the contract. Remember, having a Master-Servant contract makes the Servant the same species as the Master. And the amount of people who could previously create a Master-Servant contract with a Supreme Dragon being the Servant equals... 0. With the possible exception of Gods.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 20:40   Link #2090
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
^ The problem with Makoto making any more "contracts" is that he seems to be currently so much more powerful (in terms of raw power) than even Supreme Dragons that Root would need the same types of "boosters" that was given to Shiki to join his "family", aka, make the contract. Those who aren't at that level probably can't even attempt it.
i know, but i would still want it,to be true, the rules about the entire pact is being bend since day one with shiki, after all that bullshit about the rings giving him "extra" mana to powerful allow him to make a pact is a pretty huge ass pull a valid one because of the entire lich condition from him but still a ass pull.
Now the author already have made know of other types of pacts before like the one with the devil, so more things can come in the future, just time will tell, after all makoto's "family" is pretty much a elitism bunch right now, so i want someone from a normal group, so we can have more information about the world from the perspective of someone weak, after all only the strong coming and going is not fun to read, at least for me i need the struggle.
Quote:

Oh, and, on Makoto gaining family. There's two "exploitable" things that can allow him to breed with his closest followers. Firstly, his ability to change Fate might be able to break the rule. Secondly, his closest followers are, technically, now Hyumans, due to the contract. Remember, having a Master-Servant contract makes the Servant the same species as the Master. And the amount of people who could previously create a Master-Servant contract with a Supreme Dragon being the Servant equals... 0. With the possible exception of Gods.
well, about the hyumans part, technically they are still not, tomoe talks about it at the start with the pact that even now that she had the "hyuman" form she is still a dragon and Mio is still a spider, they have the talk when they are talking about sleeping with makoto since he may not "like" to sleep with a spider and a dragon.
so technically the pact does not change the race and this is pretty clear on the novel , we also have glimpse of it with many chapters; the ones i can remember are the ones below:
the ones i can remember about , right now where they talk about it.
1) the chapter where they have backstory about it,mainly when tomoe explain to makoto about the entire ability that he got of seeing the memories of a person, where he was afraid that he is changing to something not hyumans: where they say that is normal for someone on the servant side to assume a form more similar to their master also gain some ability from the master and the entire thing is master >> servant, but she is still a dragon.
2) at the start of the first arc, when they "are going to sleep" and makoto says that they do not need to sleep, and they answer along the lines, that even if they are not hymans; "now" that they have the "form of a hyman" they wanted to experience everything that the "race" experience like their master does.
3) once shiki makes his pact that he is astonished that he have the complete same form/being as when he was alive, because the pact does not work like that, it was suppose for him to simple assume a form more similar to their master and not a complete identical form. Those three are only ones of many examples that they have talked about the entire changing race thing , that i can remember right now.
On a extra : the "entire" deal that lancer had with Sofia, could be labeled as some type pact ,since once he had died, he had given his power to her and this had made her assume a hybrid dragon/hyuman form.
and if she had died first, she would become one of his swords, thus changing her form to a sword, this a little more extreme than the one Tomoe's use , but i believe we can call it a pact until the author say otherwise, since a "deal" can be called a pact as well.

But you are on the right track, since the novel already have explored that is possible to change "races" and we even have a example that is shiki, but the pact is not the way to do it at least not the type of pact that Tomoe have been using since day one.
one big glue on it: is when hibiki is choosing her ability, where the entity giving her the ability plain say that is possible for her to change her race to some race with long lived age, and thus relieving her of some backslash of the ability.

edit: i just remembered one extra scene about it: the encounter of lily entourage with Tomoe in the lake, where the little girl explicit call Tomoe a dragon and she confirm it, and so on.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-08-01 at 21:08.
Old 2016-08-01, 21:43   Link #2091
Keitaro hutako
Insecure writer

Quote:

Quote:
i know, but i would still want it,to be true, the rules about the entire pact is being bend since day one with shiki, after all that bullshit about the rings giving him "extra" mana to powerful allow him to make a pact is a pretty huge ass pull a valid one because of the entire lich condition from him but still a ass pull.
Now the author already have made know of other types of pacts before like the one with the devil, so more things can come in the future, just time will tell, after all makoto's "family" is pretty much a elitism bunch right now, so i want someone from a normal group, so we can have more information about the world from the perspective of someone weak, after all only the strong coming and going is not fun to read, at least for me i need the struggle.

well, about the hyumans part, technically they are still not, tomoe talks about it at the start with the pact that even now since she had the "hyuman" form she is still a dragon and Mio is still a spider, they have the talk when they are talking about sleeping with makoto since he may not "like" to sleep with a spider and a dragon.
so technically the pact does not change the race and this is pretty clear on the novel , we also have glimpse of it with many chapters; the ones i can remember are the ones below:
the ones i can remember about , right now where they talk about it.
1) the chapter where they have backstory about it,mainly when tomoe explain to makoto about the entire ability that he got of seeing the memories of a person, where he was afraid that he is changing to something not hyumans: where they say that is normal for someone on the servant side to assume a form more similar to their master also gain some ability from the master and the entire thing is master >> servant, but she is still a dragon.
2) at the start of the first arc, when they "are going to sleep" and makoto says that they do not need to sleep, and they answer along the lines, that even if they are not hymans; "now" that they have the "form of a hyman" they wanted to experience everything that the "race" experience like their master does.
3) once shiki makes his pact that he is astonished that he have the complete same form as when he was alive, because the pact does not work like that, it was suppose for him to simple assume a form more similar to their master and not a complete identical form. Those three are only ones of many examples that they have talked about the entire changing race thing , that i can remember right now.
On a extra : the "entire" deal that lancer had with Sofia, could be labeled as some type pact ,since once he had died, he had given his power to her and this had made her assume a hybrid dragon/hyuman form.
and if she had died first, she would become one of his swords, thus changing her form to a sword, this a little more extreme than the one Tomoe's use , but i believe we can call it a pact until the author say otherwise, since a "deal" can be called a pact as well.

But you are on the right track, since the novel already have explored that is possible to change "races" and we even have a example that is shiki, but the pact is not the way to do it at least not the type of pact that Tomoe have been using since day one.
one big glue on it: is when hibiki is choosing her ability, where the entity giving her the ability plain say that is possible for her to change her race to some race with long lived age, and thus relieving her of some backslash of the ability.

edit: i just remembered one extra scene about it: the encounter of lily entourage with Tomoe in the lake, where the little girl explicit call Tomoe a dragon and she confirm it, and so on.
About Shiki's Pact ceremony: I remember tomoe and mio saying that there is some loopholes in the pact like the rings containing makoto's mana, i think what happened is (my theory) since the rings are equiped by Shiki, the pact recognizes it as his own magic power even though it came from someone else.

About the Pact changing race/species: i think it was mentioned in the early chapters i forgot which ones though, but anyway, i remember about tomoe or mio mentioning that the pact only changes the shell or form of the lower one closer to the higher side, but their race/species stays the same as before.
Old 2016-08-01, 23:06   Link #2092
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro hutako View Post
About Shiki's Pact ceremony: I remember tomoe and mio saying that there is some loopholes in the pact like the rings containing makoto's mana, i think what happened is (my theory) since the rings are equiped by Shiki, the pact recognizes it as his own magic power even though it came from someone else.

It can be , we simple do not have enough details of the entire pact fact to say, but i must add a little thing.
the entity called "LICH" and by that Shiki, is made purely of mana ,remember a few chapters back when makoto had "eat" his mana and he was dying and then we have a explanation given by tomoe saying that and so because the rings is like a battery of mana, the lich was able to increase his power by the use of it and then make the pact, this is my conclusion after reading it so we can not really call it a loophole of the pact but a loophole of the race called lich.
i like this novel because every now and then the author add little clues to things that will make something possible in the future , and this is why some chapters back i had not like the thing about sofias "resurrection plot" normally the author gives enough hints of things like that, and with sofia alone we have more than enough to imply that she was never dead to begin it.
Quote:
About the Pact changing race/species: i think it was mentioned in the early chapters i forgot which ones though, but anyway, i remember about tomoe or mio mentioning that the pact only changes the shell or form of the lower one closer to the higher side, but their race/species stays the same as before
Yes, just like i said before, it does not change his or her raçe, only the image from it, they are still a spider and a dragon.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-08-01 at 23:50.
Old 2016-08-02, 10:05   Link #2093
Keitaro hutako
Insecure writer

Quote:
It can be , we simple do not have enough details of the entire pact fact to say, but i must add a little thing.
the entity called "LICH" and by that Shiki, is made purely of mana ,remember a few chapters back when makoto had "eat" his mana and he was dying and then we have a explanation given by tomoe saying that and so because the rings is like a battery of mana, the lich was able to increase his power by the use of it and then make the pact, this is my conclusion after reading it so we can not really call it a loophole of the pact but a loophole of the race called lich.
i like this novel because every now and then the author add little clues to things that will make something possible in the future , and this is why some chapters back i had not like the thing about sofias "resurrection plot" normally the author gives enough hints of things like that, and with sofia alone we have more than enough to imply that she was never dead to begin it.

Yes, just like i said before, it does not change his or her raçe, only the image from it, they are still a spider and a dragon.
I think your more open minded than me since i only focus on one spot to make sure to not miss any... I somehow feel a little sad about it...

I, also love this novel since there some plots hidden somewhere in some chapters.
Also did anyone expected the Sofia ressurection plot? I mean there wasn't even the most little bit of hint when she got killed... Really author is schemer

Also for those who doubt us about the pact changing race part... I suggest you re-read the translated chapter yourself to make sure...
Old 2016-08-02, 10:47   Link #2094
Firestar2471

Quote:
I think your more open minded than me since i only focus on one spot to make sure to not miss any... I somehow feel a little sad about it...

I, also love this novel since there some plots hidden somewhere in some chapters.
Also did anyone expected the Sofia ressurection plot? I mean there wasn't even the most little bit of hint when she got killed... Really author is schemer

Also for those who doubt us about the pact changing race part... I suggest you re-read the translated chapter yourself to make sure...
There was, its just it seems your google translate reading skills weren't high enough. When Root killed Sofia he picked her up and took her body with him which would have been unnecessary if he was just there to retrieve the dragon eggs. Plus I think there were several other hints in Root based chapters.
Old 2016-08-02, 13:07   Link #2095
m4rc0s

Quote:

Well, it seems you are trying to use google translate to read, i would recommend you to try to read the big picture ,since with gt and any other MT it somehow lacks context, so once you start trying to focus on everything than just one small part of the chapter, it will allow you a better understand of the chapter, just keep going that will become better, if you want a tip, try to download the translate aggregator, it is a lot better for that, when i can not understand some kanji i use him as well, because they have the JPparser and the ATLAS too as dictionary and this really help me with some words.
Quote:

on a extra note too, she was never confirmed dead since day one at least i believed so ,because there was never a true body , the novel makes a good case in doing description of it when someone dies, in my previous post a page back i wrote a few msg about it, that is why i do not believe that she was dead to start, too.
Old 2016-08-02, 18:25   Link #2096
Keitaro hutako
Insecure writer

Quote:
There was, its just it seems your google translate reading skills weren't high enough. When Root killed Sofia he picked her up and took her body with him which would have been unnecessary if he was just there to retrieve the dragon eggs. Plus I think there were several other hints in Root based chapters.
Oi since when did root took sofia's body?
Old 2016-08-02, 18:51   Link #2097
Firestar2471

Quote:
Oi since when did root took sofia's body?
Arc 3 midway through the chapter google translated as Until there I Yata, and I quote (don't read unless you are resilient against headaches and horrid English)
Spoiler for Spoiler/Quote:
Old 2016-08-02, 19:38   Link #2098
travelingbum

now the only thing for people to wonder is when Tomoki influence will spread to Kaleneon.....
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 22:33   Link #2099
dere_lover21

^
^
Hahahhaha Goo**e translation worst headache of my life. Isn't sofai supposed to be a descendant of a supreme dragon? That's why she can use the dragon eggs or I was wrong. Hibiki is going to go with the template revenge and BSoki seems to be spreading his weak a** influence to weak minded people in kaleneon and drinking magical steriods.
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 00:53   Link #2100
Firestar2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
^
^
Hahahhaha Goo**e translation worst headache of my life. Isn't sofai supposed to be a descendant of a supreme dragon? That's why she can use the dragon eggs or I was wrong. Hibiki is going to go with the template revenge and BSoki seems to be spreading his weak a** influence to weak minded people in kaleneon and drinking magical steriods.
Huh?.... wait, wait, Tomoki doesn't even know Kaleneon has been retaken and, if I read the raw properly, travel to it is pretty restricted. I think you mean Lorel. Kaleneon is Makoto's country in the world of the BUG which in the latest chapter he just briefly teleported to. Lorel is the country that arc 5 has been all about and that Makoto is currently in the process of visiting.

Also Sofia is one of Root's descendants. As to how close of a descendant no one knows until Reigokai finally reaches the proper chapter this stuff is mentioned in and clears to fog of google translate.

Tags
fantasy, gods, harem, harem yet no harem, no romance, overpowered mc, power fantasy, summoned hero, webnovel