AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-29, 02:05   Link #2081
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
I don't think tatsuya show any hint of jealousy for miyuki. In fact, I have more of an impression that he ships miyuki to masaki sometimes.

He will always want to be with miyuki. It just depends of what form miyuki want it to be and I think he is okay with just about any form (being husband and wife might be challenging).
I agree with everything and especially that one

I think Miyuki will never escape sister zone in Tatsuya's mind
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 04:36   Link #2082
NeutralZero

^ that may have been the case for Miyuki to be sister zone but
the aunt will do something about it...
unless other party intervene...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 05:05   Link #2083
mashingan
魔神眼

Ichijou clan suggesting that if Yotsuba agree with Masaki proposing to Miyuki, they're willing to let Masaki becomes a member of Yotsuba.

Personally, I prefer Tatsuya-Miyuki pairing instead of Masaki-Miyuki
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 08:34   Link #2084
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Cover with title from amazon

Last edited by Crazy Frog; 2016-03-02 at 20:45.
Crazy Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 11:30   Link #2085
MRD143

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
^ that may have been the case for Miyuki to be sister zone but
the aunt will do something about it...
unless other party intervene...
Don't you mean "Momma" wants some grandkids.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 11:34   Link #2086
MRD143

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
Ichijou clan suggesting that if Yotsuba agree with Masaki proposing to Miyuki, they're willing to let Masaki becomes a member of Yotsuba.

Personally, I prefer Tatsuya-Miyuki pairing instead of Masaki-Miyuki
Even if Masaki did marry Miyuki he would be kept in the dark about many of the things that the Yotsuba are involved in because he is not a Yotsuba born and raised and they are kind of suspicious of outsiders.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 12:51   Link #2087
Medivh

I don't think Maya really cared about their feelings for each other as long as they are married.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 14:38   Link #2088
Echizen777

We can't expect the preview before Wednesday, right? Do you think it'll be about the Miyuki attack or something different?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 16:59   Link #2089
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
We can't expect the preview before Wednesday, right? Do you think it'll be about the Miyuki attack or something different?
Doubt it. They'll want to keep the suspense.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 19:19   Link #2090
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Doubt it. They'll want to keep the suspense.
Not much of a suspense when we know how powerful Miyuki is. If they want to make it suspense then show Miyuki getting stabbed in the heart and then cut off with a cliffhanger.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 09:18   Link #2091
Medivh

I'm more interested in the aftermath of the attack than the result of the attack which will probably be more than the preview.
Old 2016-03-03, 04:02   Link #2092
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I think Tatsuya is going to get angry because the one who plays things on Human-Purist Movement is USNA/Gu Jie.
If the Movement itself don't bring any harm to Miyuki, he won't care. But with the last scene at volume 18, the movement somehow escalate their position from "Simple political/anarchy movement" to "threat that needed to be eradicated" at Tatsuya's valuation.
So at the time when he learned that, he's going to be angry.

And I hope Tatsuya will use Mist Dispersion to Canopus Squad (So there's a chance to rematch between Tatsuya vs Angelina)
At volume 18 he refrained using it though.
There are many possible speculations on potential events that may anger Tatsuya. For me, Tatsuya will get mad after meeting Chiba Toshikazu when he becomes a generator. At the vol.18, Gujie was looking for a better material (human subject) for creating a generator(Gujie thinks, enhanced soldiers from vol.18 were not good materials), and Gujie got Toshikazu at the end of vol.18. So, most likely, Toshikazu will become a powerful generator who can do some serious damage.

Furthermore, Toshikazu becoming a generator can also influence Kyouko because she used Toshikazu and his partner to test a traditional magician (puppet magician) who may have a link to Dahan magicians. Even though Kyouko was ordered to use Toshikazu as a bait, it will definitely impact her negatively if Toshikazu became a generator by Gujie. Especially after the author hinted that Kyouko may have a romantic feeling towards Toshikazu, Toshikazu becoming a generator would be interesting event in vol.19.

Quote:
Rereading vol. 17, anyone has idea who was the oldman that visited Yakumo during new year greeting?
It explained that Tatsuya somehow felt a chill (not because it was January ) when that oldman staring him.
And afterward, from Tatsuya's conversation with Yakumo, Yakumo remarked that even though Tatsuya has special eyes, he still couldn't see beyond life or death.

At first reading, I thought Yakumo's remark just an answer to Tatsuya regarding Tatsuya's birth situation. But after rereading it, I think it's possible Yakumo remarked like that because Tatsuya couldn't see who/what the oldman is.

Is it possible that oldman a necromancer?
Tatsuya assumed the old man to have a special eye because he was looking at Tatsuya over his shoulder with an white eye. Normally, it indicates a blindness, so Tatsuya was assuming him to have a special eye technique. And, the author used Tatsuya's pov to say, the old man may be bald, but he is not a monk, and he may hold a significant power in the real world. This is whatever we got from the book, but I think, we have to wait for the author to clarify because the author used Tatsuya's pov to provide this information, so the author can always change his initial idea and say, 'Tatsuya's prediction was wrong, and the old man was (xxxx)."

For me, Yakumo's remark in the scene was a form of mocking. Yakumo says, "So, even you cannot know what happens to you when you were born" while staring at Tatsuya, and Tatsuya did not make any response to Yakumo's stare. I think, Yakumo knows what the elemental sight is capable of and indirectly says to Tatsuya that with the elemental sights, Tatsuya should know the truth before somebody tells him about Miyuki being his cousin.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2016-03-03 at 06:17.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 09:01   Link #2093
Kadia

^Let's me clarify one thing, does creating a generator require a lot of resources like money, operation site and surgeon? the process in creating is not a spell but surgery? Gu Jie is now utilizing the remnants of supports left from Zhou how could he sustain such a time consuming process?

Puppet terror on the other hand is a spell which can control the body of the victim and can be invoked spontaneously on the target? Then i think Toshikasu should be controlled by this spell rather than being turned to a generator which refers to he still have a chance to be rescued? Not much about the spell has been explained so i will refrain from talking to.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 14:21   Link #2094
govin2

Even if toshikazu turns into a generator can't Tatsuya use restoration to bring him back within 24 hrs.i think that will happen and kyouko will confess her love and leave 101 st
govin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 14:24   Link #2095
govin2

Blind monk is the sponsor of Yotsuba I have always felt yakumo was close to sponsor of Yotsuba because of the help and priority given to Tatsuya and Yotsuba fears yakumo, one of the few Yotsuba fears and respect.
govin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 15:50   Link #2096
amtro
Distro

You have no basis for such speculation. Gut feelings don't cut it.
Old 2016-03-03, 16:10   Link #2097
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by govin2 View Post
Blind monk is the sponsor of Yotsuba I have always felt yakumo was close to sponsor of Yotsuba because of the help and priority given to Tatsuya and Yotsuba fears yakumo, one of the few Yotsuba fears and respect.
Yakumo has never really given priority to Tatsuya. He helps a lot but it's the minimum most of the time and it's always mentioned that there is a limit to what he can do. Plus Yakumo is a Ninjutsu user, he is more linked to the families with the number 9, that's why he wanted to talk to Lina to tell her not to reveal their secrets in volume 9.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 02:37   Link #2098
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Greeting..
Preview is out http://dengekibunko.jp/books/1603mah...ukou19/?page=1
Old 2016-03-04, 02:58   Link #2099
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Can anyone give a summary?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 03:59   Link #2100
Medivh

Nice. Now is to wait for spoiler. It seems to be about the attack.

Tags
political intrigue