Senia

Yeah maybe I worded that a bit badly.
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 18:54   Link #2083
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senia View Post
Not really, it was just FRIENDSHIP and generally a kind world. To begin with the protagonist is engaged to his younger sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
You mean engaged to the younger sister of the prince not his own younger sister
Quote:
Yeah maybe I worded that a bit badly.
So you guys read that? Is the "friendship" will be getting more intense? Honestly, giving a bouquet of flowers (paper though) to a guy makes me itchy. Also the male to female ratio is like 10:1... uuu otokokusai....

Will more females show up later?

Also this クール・エール, how do you read that? Cool Yell? Kuur Ale?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 01:53   Link #2084
guyy

Quote:
Not really, it was just FRIENDSHIP and generally a kind world. To begin with the protagonist is engaged to his younger sister.

On the topic of OTPs, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this so far but I've been reading クール・エール.

Story is about the protagonist being kidnapped to another world as a sacrifice, finding out the shitheads were the reason his younger sister went missing 10 years old and consequentially caused his mother to commit suicide.

After being sacrificed and meeting the spirit he was sacrificed to, it turns out the sacrifices weren't necessary at all. The spirit compensated for everything by giving him her powers. The protagonist proceeds to use the power to kill all 124 people in the village and then start his life in a new world. He finds his waifu and although new girls are introduced, he's pretty much completely loyal to his waifu.

Spoiler:

Honestly, the story is pretty good.
Does he have sex with his waifu?
guyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 02:01   Link #2085
cabman11

Why does everyone have to ask that question.
That's not what fundamentally makes a story good at all
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 02:16   Link #2086
mufarasu

I think it's partially because people want to know if the MC has the balls to go all the way. Especially after all those dense MCs that do nothing, or MCs that freak out when accidentally touching.
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 02:20   Link #2087
guyy

It tells whether there is proper romance or boring stalling no progress romance. And whether an average story is worth reading or not. I remember reading that novel but got bored of it for a reason I can't remember. If the romance proceeded as far as having sex I thought I could give it another try to at least read it for that.
Old 2015-09-24, 03:58   Link #2088
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Why does everyone have to ask that question.
That's not what fundamentally makes a story good at all
wuhugm-sama declared it's indispensable for a good story so it must be true
Old 2015-09-24, 05:07   Link #2089
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyy View Post
It tells whether there is proper romance or boring stalling no progress romance. And whether an average story is worth reading or not. I remember reading that novel but got bored of it for a reason I can't remember. If the romance proceeded as far as having sex I thought I could give it another try to at least read it for that.
Having sex in a story doesn't indicate "proper" romance, in my opinion. It helps, but sometimes it skips past doing any romancey stuff and just goes straight for the sex.

For example, that Kanna story mentioned a while back. The protag saves a girl and she offers sex as thanks and they do it. It's mentioned neither of them have any romantic feelings for each other (having just talked that morning for the first time and all), and neither want to start a relationship at the time.

It could just me considering romance to be more than having sex. It is nice when romance actually progresses and doesn't stagnate, though. While I'm at it, I'm tired of harem stories throwing either woman after woman in rapid succession or groups of women at once at the MC. What happened to gaining a harem over time? Like in Re:Zero; Subaru works his ass off to get the 3 girls he has throughout the story.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 05:13   Link #2090
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Having sex in a story doesn't indicate "proper" romance, in my opinion. It helps, but sometimes it skips past doing any romancey stuff and just goes straight for the sex.

For example, that Kanna story mentioned a while back. The protag saves a girl and she offers sex as thanks and they do it. It's mentioned neither of them have any romantic feelings for each other (having just talked that morning for the first time and all), and neither want to start a relationship at the time.

It could just me considering romance to be more than having sex. It is nice when romance actually progresses and doesn't stagnate, though. While I'm at it, I'm tired of harem stories throwing either woman after woman in rapid succession or groups of women at once at the MC. What happened to gaining a harem over time? Like in Re:Zero; Subaru works his ass off to get the 3 girls he has throughout the story.
Having sex doesn't always indicate proper romance but not having it does indicate a boring shit romance which is enough to avoid them
Old 2015-09-24, 05:50   Link #2091
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Talking

Quote:
Having sex doesn't always indicate proper romance but not having it does indicate a boring shit romance which is enough to avoid them
I'm with you brathah~

if sex happens but romance is shit then it's an instant drop! Easy! Just like Kakedashi Programmer hahaha
Old 2015-09-24, 05:58   Link #2092
IndexOfIdeas

Pls recommend me a list of translated WN im in a real need of reading materials.

pls do give the links as well thank u, thank u.

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 06:02   Link #2093
guyy

For me whether I drop something or not depends on if I'm able to keep reading it without getting bored. Usually this means it needs at least one of a great story/plot, good romance, interesting abilities (and growth) for the MC, or some good crafting/building/creation or naisei sections
Old 2015-09-24, 06:56   Link #2094
Senia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
So you guys read that? Is the "friendship" will be getting more intense? Honestly, giving a bouquet of flowers (paper though) to a guy makes me itchy. Also the male to female ratio is like 10:1... uuu otokokusai....

Will more females show up later?

Also this クール・エール, how do you read that? Cool Yell? Kuur Ale?
You mean the bouquet to the whatshisname pharmacist? Its frankly been a while since I read it but if I remember right, that was just an extension of the joke he told him at first that he would go "persuade" him (to work for him).

There's not really any other love interests to speak of for the protagonist.

Quote:
Does he have sex with his waifu?
Yup, quite early on. On that topic, the author does a good job in describing those scenes without going straight into 18+.
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 07:16   Link #2095
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
You mean the bouquet to the whatshisname pharmacist? Its frankly been a while since I read it but if I remember right, that was just an extension of the joke he told him at first that he would go "persuade" him (to work for him).

There's not really any other love interests to speak of for the protagonist.
So you say, but MC used the word "kudoki" rather than "settoku" for that "persuasion" and his gestures just scream gaaaaayyyy really loud. Not to mention his aide is a guy, his cliques are guys, his best friend and rival are guys... and his fiancee the princess barely has any screen time..... all guy and no girl makes a gay novel

it's fresh that many important dude charas appear, but if it's heading for gay land then I'm off the boat~

Quote:
Yup, quite early on. On that topic, the author does a good job in describing those scenes without going straight into 18+.
is the scene as lascivious as Real Level Age?
Old 2015-09-24, 07:28   Link #2096
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post

Name for the kanna story please?
Old 2015-09-24, 07:39   Link #2097
sasuke706

Quote:
Name for the kanna story please?
カンナのカンナ 〜間違いで召喚された俺のシナリオブレイカーな英雄伝説〜

Plot is a guy with amazing instincts and a distinct lack of given fucks gets summoned by an evilhearted princess for some reason or another, and he breaks out along with a captured knight elf and basically adventures while looking for a way back to Earth. He initially ran because he has literally 0 mana (basically impossible) when the princess wanted an impossibly high amount of mana.
Fun things to note is that the princess summons three of the protags friends after the protag, one them being your typical hero guy who the protag constantly refers to as a hetare (neither group is aware the other was summoned). Also, the protag learns a neat variety of ice magic that most people can't learn; not that it's particularly overpowered as it actually has its own merits and demerits compared to normal magic.

The protag is definitely on the better side as far as those go and the other characters aren't bad, but like I said the first time it was mentioned, it's alright but lacks a distinct hook for me. I still read it, though. Another small detail I like is the heroines aren't literally around the protag 24/7 and once they get to the main town the setting takes place in, they actually have their own lives that don't always involve him.
And hey, at least it's not a protag that learns every skill ever.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 08:21   Link #2098
IndexOfIdeas

Grrrrrrr i cant relate with u guys at all, i stop using gt because it burns up my brai too much now im in a state where i want to read some more novels

someone pls put me out of my misery!
someone be my savior!
link me up to a translated Novel!
except girl main protagonist ok HEHEH

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
Old 2015-09-24, 08:59   Link #2099
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndexOfIdeas View Post
Grrrrrrr i cant relate with u guys at all, i stop using gt because it burns up my brai too much now im in a state where i want to read some more novels

someone pls put me out of my misery!
someone be my savior!
link me up to a translated Novel!
except girl main protagonist ok HEHEH
They're actually lots of great ones with girl protagonist wrecking shit up
Old 2015-09-24, 09:28   Link #2100
IndexOfIdeas

I just dont know why i cant get motivated inreading girl main protags.

dont get me misunderstanded i dont hate girls ok.

but im ok if its kike slime tensei where the protog is a male and using a gender less body but looks like a female

Tags
web novel