AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-28, 18:44   Link #2061
Namorax

My five cent on the Hibiki discussion:

We should also keep in mind that these "heroes" are highschoolers
We shouldn't expect them to actually sit back and look at the situation logically while weighing all pros and cons of their every decision (To be hoenst, how many adults would actually do that?). Even Makoto isn't "perfect", since we can see how some of his decisions are quite naive and are to be expected of a normal teenager from our world.

Hibiki and Tomoki are highschoolers who get called to a different world where a goddess gives them a divine quest.
History has shown how people (who never met god) convinced themselves of their "righteousness" and committed countless atrocities in the name of religion. God is right, they act in the name of god and therefore anything they do in the name of god is automatically right... I'm sure everyone has heard something like that before.
Tomoki is living the dream of every teenage boy who loves to read "transported to another world" LNs: cheatlike powers, "plotarmor" that ensures he cannot die and a harem of people who love him unconditionally because he is "da hero". He doesn't even think of questioning the situation because... why should he?
And on top of that all, he is unlike Hibiki because he fell into the hands of Lili .Even if he had any chance of turning around and becoming a "decent" hero, Lili's machinations practically doomed him. I do not rage against him, I pity him because there is nothing left for him (or of him) once the story ends. Makoto might've been able to "reform" Tomoki, but we've already seen that he doesn't care...

Hibiki shows more restraint, probably because women are typically more mature for their age compared to boys. While she didn't buy completely into the whole "the goddess of this told you to do this, so anything you do is automatically "justice"", the only people around her are the hyumans, so she is bound to be influenced by them.
Like others have said, even if she tried to "change the world for the better", once her closest friends are killed it becomes impossible for her to sit back and/or try to achieve peace.

If Makoto happens to force the entire world into an armistice where peaceful coexistence becomes possible (isn't it wonderful what a powerful third party can do?^^), she would probably be able to accept it, but right now, she just wants to protect the people around her from "everything".
And that just means that she also has to be wary of Makoto because she currently has a "we" and "them" mentality. She doesn't want to wipe out all demons and mamonos, she just wants to create a peaceful world for the hyumans.
It just happens to be that this kind of world would be less than desirable for said demons and mamonos.... apart from that she is just like you would expect a female japanese highschooler to be.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 19:21   Link #2062
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post

We shouldn't expect them to actually sit back and look at the situation logically while weighing all pros and cons of their every decision (To be hoenst, how many adults would actually do that?). Even Makoto isn't "perfect", since we can see how some of his decisions are quite naive and are to be expected of a normal teenager from our world.

Hibiki and Tomoki are highschoolers who get called to a different world where a goddess gives them a divine quest.
History has shown how people (who never met god) convinced themselves of their "righteousness" and committed countless atrocities in the name of religion. God is right, they act in the name of god and therefore anything they do in the name of god is automatically right... I'm sure everyone has heard something like that before.
Tomoki is living the dream of every teenage boy who loves to read "transported to another world" LNs: cheatlike powers, "plotarmor" that ensures he cannot die and a harem of people who love him unconditionally because he is "da hero". He doesn't even think of questioning the situation because... why should he?
And on top of that all, he is unlike Hibiki because he fell into the hands of Lili .Even if he had any chance of turning around and becoming a "decent" hero, Lili's machinations practically doomed him. I do not rage against him, I pity him because there is nothing left for him (or of him) once the story ends. Makoto might've been able to "reform" Tomoki, but we've already seen that he doesn't care...

Hibiki shows more restraint, probably because women are typically more mature for their age compared to boys. While she didn't buy completely into the whole "the goddess of this told you to do this, so anything you do is automatically "justice"", the only people around her are the hyumans, so she is bound to be influenced by them.
Like others have said, even if she tried to "change the world for the better", once her closest friends are killed it becomes impossible for her to sit back and/or try to achieve peace.

If Makoto happens to force the entire world into an armistice where peaceful coexistence becomes possible (isn't it wonderful what a powerful third party can do?^^), she would probably be able to accept it, but right now, she just wants to protect the people around her from "everything".
And that just means that she also has to be wary of Makoto because she currently has a "we" and "them" mentality. She doesn't want to wipe out all demons and mamonos, she just wants to create a peaceful world for the hyumans.
It just happens to be that this kind of world would be less than desirable for said demons and mamonos.... apart from that she is just like you would expect a female japanese highschooler to be.
Just wanted to point out that here the goddess is an actual bitch.
Old 2016-07-28, 21:43   Link #2063
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post

Thank god, someone who also see the novel and the entire situation of the heroes with the same vision as i and also can write a lot better than me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Just wanted to point out that here the goddess is an actual bitch.
yes, but we know that because we have more information than both of them.
Hell, if the goodness did not had throw makoto away the way she did. , she would be a really "normal" god, that we see in every other story.
yes, she is racist, but we see her as that, because we have the complete picture of all events, if we had the MC as hibiki or trashmoki, we would not have all the information and we would see the devils and evil too.
hell until today i want the author to pull some plot armor and bring back that swordwoman, i wanted a sub-plot where makoto had bring her to asora, and she would become tomoe samurai apprentice and so on, it would be good, so we can have more exposure of the entire hyuman side from someone who was fighting in the war.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-07-28 at 22:02.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 10:56   Link #2064
Rreelentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
Thank god, someone who also see the novel and the entire situation of the heroes with the same vision as i and also can write a lot better than me too.

yes, but we know that because we have more information than both of them.
Hell, if the goodness did not had throw makoto away the way she did. , she would be a really "normal" god, that we see in every other story.
yes, she is racist, but we see her as that, because we have the complete picture of all events, if we had the MC as hibiki or trashmoki, we would not have all the information and we would see the devils and evil too.
hell until today i want the author to pull some plot armor and bring back that swordwoman, i wanted a sub-plot where makoto had bring her to asora, and she would become tomoe samurai apprentice and so on, it would be good, so we can have more exposure of the entire hyuman side from someone who was fighting in the war.
the goddess is characterised by her vanity which makes her kind of atypical as most of the time it's just pride for god's in my opinion
Rreelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 19:46   Link #2065
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rreelentless View Post
the goddess is characterised by her vanity which makes her kind of atypical as most of the time it's just pride for god's in my opinion
Well, at the start it may seen so, but pride alone would not make her do what she have done with the world, her prides makes her have disgust with every other life form and by extend "races" that is not the one she have mold herself or that does not reach her "values" of beauty.
for me and many people here ( i believe): when we say that she is racist is more about her actions in the long run and her influence in the race that she have made,the actions of the hyumans in the novel represents the value of the goodness, we have multiples chapters talking of how big her influence is to cite one: it is implied(said) that in wars that happens with hyumans against hyumans she would only "bless" the side that she is identified with, so they have made studies and have appoint generals of the army that satisfy the goodness in any way possible, so in the long run after multiples generations those actions and values have been infused deep in the hyumans, after all being a successful general is something to have pride in a nation that mainly goes to war to eliminate every other in the world.
Pride can be use as fuel to be and create racism as well, hell most types of racism that exist until today uses some form of "pride" as excuse for their actions.
Old 2016-07-30, 00:55   Link #2066
Crossthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar2471 View Post
They are still in use just there hasn't been a need for them since chapter 69 (I think that's the right one). Since they are expensive the demon army doesn't want to use them and they have only had the generals fight the hero's one more time after that battle. In the fight against Hibiki the power of ring wasn't needed and against Trashmoki his brainwashing of Sofia, however slight, prevented her from activating it.

Thanks for the reply

I pity the heroes a single use of that item will make them practically useless
Crossthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 00:56   Link #2067
Firestar2471

.. An accident should be arranged for the Academy Principle.. additionally Makoto's misunderstanding of the relationship of Tomoe and Lily and giving her a headache was funny.
Firestar2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 00:59   Link #2068
Crossthought

Makoto got lucky in tsige by having a non douche authority
Crossthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 09:19   Link #2069
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossthought View Post
Makoto got lucky in tsige by having a non douche authority
You mean Hyumans got lucky in Tsige by having a non douce authority?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 11:51   Link #2070
Namorax

Nah, Tsige wasn't beautiful enough for the goddess to bother looking at it, so people had to make do on their own.
If you're busy surviving, you don't care if the person besides you is a beast-people or ugly. You care about talent and surviving.^^
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:10   Link #2071
Areswarlord

so how much of a difference is there between the WN and the LN
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 17:24   Link #2072
Breimn

What happened? Why is that "person " back? Will join harem perharps?Or perharps be shipped with someone else?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 17:38   Link #2073
travelingbum

^if anyone is lost as to what Breimn said
it's the latest raw
Spoiler for :

Last edited by travelingbum; 2016-07-31 at 18:15.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 18:24   Link #2074
Keitaro hutako
Insecure writer

Ohhhh author trying to redeem himself eh?

But damn didn't see that coming.... Or maybe it was just me that was unprepared?
Old 2016-07-31, 18:45   Link #2075
Darius Drake

Spoiler for Spoiler ^ Spoiler (response):
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 19:08   Link #2076
moneng85
(´・ω・`)

Eh btw what is Root's relationship with Makoto after their fight?(i heard they fought because it can make Root into a god?)
moneng85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 19:46   Link #2077
jpidz69
Not a Perv but an Artist.

Wait..

If sofia met raido again then does that mean that he has already left Laurel/Labyrinth and is already back?
jpidz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 20:03   Link #2078
travelingbum

you already know how they get around in translated chs.
but he will be checking on Tsige before returning back to Laurel/Labyrinth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneng85 View Post
Eh btw what is Root's relationship with Makoto after their fight?(i heard they fought because it can make Root into a god?)
what?
nothing changed.... and dunno where you heard that false thing.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 20:43   Link #2079
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Spoiler for my 2 cents on the subject about the connection with a superior dragon.:

Spoiler for my impression of why sofia is back a little younger.ps: it is just a theory.:
Old 2016-07-31, 21:00   Link #2080
Firestar2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Forget implied it is outright stated she is one of Roots descendants (Not sure if she is her direct daughter though will need to wait till the relevant chapter to clarify). However, she doesn't have the superior dragon resurrection thing. Root killed her and then resurrected (or rejuvenated? recreated maybe? its fairly confusing plus we don't get any information other than the fact she is alive and well if slightly changed) her to her teenage self and apparently (if I read the latest raw right) altered her memories heavily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneng85 View Post
Same as normal? As for the second half whoever told you that was blowing smoke up ur arse. The fight was a growth point for Makoto and thats about it. If you want to know why Root showed up there are more detailed summaries back on earlier pages in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpidz69 View Post
If sofia met raido again then does that mean that he has already left Laurel/Labyrinth and is already back?
Spoiler for Latest Raw:

Last edited by Firestar2471; 2016-07-31 at 21:13.
Firestar2471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, gods, harem, harem yet no harem, no romance, overpowered mc, power fantasy, summoned hero, webnovel