Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-22, 14:06   Link #2041
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Really? Damn, I wish I didn't leave so early then. D: Why Didn't they add that when they came out with Samurai if they wanted it to be a Tank?
Yup though, and it's quite frankly early on the balance team really did not quite know what they were doing there were many humorous and questionable balances things early in the game (ie Red mage being the best Healer, Paladins using staves to tank, and Dark Knights duel wielding over their intended 2-handed weapons).

Most infamously creating a boss that was literally not defeatable after a day of fighting... TWICE that spawned conspiracy memes on how to defeat them, because the SE's "intended method" was that cryptic, vague, confusing, and next to impossible to figure out.

By comparison FFXIV: ARR is a master work of balance.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 14:20   Link #2042
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hah! I remember that boss fight stuff. XD Glorious days.

Yea, FFXIV is almost better in many ways. I do miss the long relaxing boat rides. (The first 10 times) XD
Old 2015-05-22, 19:23   Link #2043
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I agree that the story prospects are really exciting, more so because it doesn't feel overwhelming.

Hopefully the new additions and changes to the base jobs won't be too radical, since like most people I have multiple lvl50 jobs and it'll be a pain relearning rotations.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 08:56   Link #2044
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Even worse for Monk and Ninja's XD they got it the roughest.
Old 2015-05-30, 07:14   Link #2045
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
By comparison FFXIV: ARR is a master work of balance.
Indeed, when I think back at how ffxi was in comparison to ffxiv I can't help but thinking at how immensely better balanced it is the latter. Granted, though, that for the sake of balance they have sacrificed a lot of things, mainly a general simplification, reduction of party roles to 3, and a few revolutionary takes on traditional Final Fantasy elements (scholars got fairies, summoners are DoT masters, abolition of Red mages, and so on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Hopefully the new additions and changes to the base jobs won't be too radical, since like most people I have multiple lvl50 jobs and it'll be a pain relearning rotations.
I think melee classes will be most affected by this, judging from what I read and from the fact that they have very strict optimal rotation patterns currently. If You add a single new skill everything changes.

It seems that ninja won't have to refresh their fuuton huton anymore through mudra, though, which is a very good thing.

But more to the point I wonder how much are they thinking about those players who use joypads, because I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put all those new skills in my crossbar. There's really only two palettes that I can use optimally in a fight, you add a third and I won't be able to switch without losing some precious milliseconds...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 08:36   Link #2046
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

HW hits in 4 days, at least if you have EA.

Anyone know how big the 3.0 patch will be? I'm currently trying to clear HD space.
Old 2015-06-15, 21:52   Link #2047
Galaxian

Just started playing the game. So far so good.

It's definitely the best looking MMO I've played.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 20:18   Link #2048
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Anyone know how big the 3.0 patch will be? I'm currently trying to clear HD space.
For the PC version, they say to ensure the drive has 30 GB free on the official site. They're probably being a bit generous to keep it on the safe side, but I do expect it'll be pretty big.

Also... the Launch Trailer has everyone pretty excited. Preliminary Patch Notes and live reading in about an hour.

Japanese Launch Trailer:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

English version (the same, just different audio + on-screen text):
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-06-16, 21:06   Link #2049
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My understanding is 30gb if a full game install. Sure hope it isn't 30gb just for 3.0 as it will take me 3 days at least just to download all of that. Wastes my EA.

Also HOLY SHIT THAT LAUNCH TRAILER WARRIOR OF DARKNESSS WYNDHDHEHDJDIWOSJFU.
Old 2015-06-16, 21:21   Link #2050
cyberdemon

Quote:
My understanding is 30gb if a full game install. Sure hope it isn't 30gb just for 3.0 as it will take me 3 days at least just to download all of that. Wastes my EA.

Also HOLY SHIT THAT LAUNCH TRAILER WARRIOR OF DARKNESSS WYNDHDHEHDJDIWOSJFU.
The playstation store has the digital downloads listed as only 1.1G. seems a little low though
Old 2015-06-16, 21:36   Link #2051
Galaxian

The last part of the trailer sounds so much epic in Japanese...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 21:40   Link #2052
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

3.0 Patch notes. It's really damn long.
Old 2015-06-16, 22:07   Link #2053
cyberdemon

anyone else think that fish like thing looks like Sin from FFX?
Old 2015-06-16, 23:11   Link #2054
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
That was a pretty long read but with a lot of very interesting stuff.

It is possible to have a pretty close idea of what the new item level will be from a few hints there.

First the new level 6 glamour prysms will be for equipment of ilvl 160 and beyond.
This pretty much means that the ilvl of level 60 equipment will start from 160.

Then the new desynthesis cap at 180 suggests that 180 will be the ilvl of craftable equipment.

Going by that, we can pretty much expect that the new end game gear from Alexander will be ilvl 200 or possibly more.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 23:24   Link #2055
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm guess that 150 will be the basic gear drops from the lowest lvl60 4 man dungeons. The basic 8 mans and raids will likely drop180 ish range, so yeah Alexander will probably be 190+.

So minimum gear for Alexander will probably be at least 170-180. The question is what the minimum will be needed for the entry level dungeons. 120-130?
Old 2015-06-17, 01:55   Link #2056
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The question is what the minimum will be needed for the entry level dungeons. 120-130?
Do you mean leveling dungeons, or dungeons starting at level 60? I think they mentioned before that, by the time we get to level ~54 or so, the Poetics gear should start being outclassed by newer stuff. So I'd take that to mean that your new AF gear will be somewhere around iLvl 150. I think they already mentioned that Law will give iLvl 170 gear (probably with a boost item to go to 180), and so Esoterics should be iLvl 190 (with boost item to 200).
Old 2015-06-17, 02:12   Link #2057
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
anyone else think that fish like thing looks like Sin from FFX?
A bit, but if you've checked the offical site...

Spoiler for you'd know...:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 02:22   Link #2058
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Do you mean leveling dungeons, or dungeons starting at level 60? I think they mentioned before that, by the time we get to level ~54 or so, the Poetics gear should start being outclassed by newer stuff. So I'd take that to mean that your new AF gear will be somewhere around iLvl 150. I think they already mentioned that Law will give iLvl 170 gear (probably with a boost item to go to 180), and so Esoterics should be iLvl 190 (with boost item to 200).
The asumption is that as you work towards 60 you will be replacing your i130 gear as you go if I understood it correctly. My question was on lvl60 dungeons on what the minimjm ilvl will be for them. Most vanilla dungeons were i50 and you work up.

This is more in line with characters and players who will jump straight into HW. I'm assuming that lvl60 entry level dungeons wont have that high minimum ivlv requirements. Most vets will likely be sitting at i100-110. New players not likely. Entry level end game dungeons for gearing probably won't be anything higher than 150 for minimum ivlv for access if new AF gear really is 150

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-06-17 at 03:02.
Old 2015-06-17, 03:12   Link #2059
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
This is more in line with characters and players who will jump straight into HW. I'm assuming that lvl60 entry level dungeons wont have that high minimum ivlv requirements. Most vets will likely be sitting at i100-110. New players not likely. Entry level end game dungeons for gearing probably won't be anything higher than 150 for minimum ivlv for access if new AF gear really is 150
Well, keep in mind that in order to progress to Heavensward, you need to complete the 2.55 story content, and that includes Steps of Faith, which requires an Item Level of 90 or higher. Given that the only level 50 tome now will be Poetics (iLevel 120), it shouldn't take long to go from iLvl 50 to 90. Presumably, the level 51-52 vendor gear in Ishgard will be at least iLvl 100, so they can top up whatever was low. And we can probably assume that it'll scale up from 100 to around 150 or wherever it lands for the AF gear.
Old 2015-06-17, 03:18   Link #2060
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well hoepfully the minimum requirements for entry level lvl60 dungeons wont be too high.

And I guarantee you some addict will be lvl60 2 days into EA so we can know by then what the gear levels are.

Tags
mmorpg