AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-24, 04:26   Link #2041
Lorhand

It's not exactly what Nasu said, but this is something the reader probably is supposed to feel. Don't take everything too literal.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 04:29   Link #2042
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Eh Sorry about that.

Then back to what I said,
Each to their own opinion.

Have your fun in the Nasuverse.
Yeah, most of us here don’t need to be explained the rules anymore. And yes we’re having fun with the Nasuverse so far, but like they say, "Nothing is perfect" (though Nasu-worshippers might say otherwise) and we merely pointing out things that we think could be done better in our opinions.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:30   Link #2043
kenshinstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
It's not exactly what Nasu said, but this is something the reader probably is supposed to feel. Don't take everything too literal.
That's what you feel, not what the readers are supposed to feel.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 04:33   Link #2044
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Nope. What I feel when the exception is explained is "Ah. So that's why it happened the way it does".

Unlike whenever I'm reading Bleach or Naruto, which is "Uhh... Okay? *shrug*".
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 04:37   Link #2045
cyberdemon

Quote:
"Projection is blablabla." - But Shirou's projection is different.
"You can't change your origin." - But Shirou's an exception.
"You can't copy divine structures." - Except that is exactly what Shirou does with Avalon in Fate.
"There are seven Servant classes." - We learn there are eight (with Apocrypha there are nine).
"The summoned Servants are only chosen from the "good" Heroic Spirits." - I think Rider and Caster don't count as that.
"Assassin will always be Hassan." - Then Caster summons someone else.
"You can't remove Gae Bolg's curse, unless Lancer dies or Gae Bolg is destroyed." - Tell Avalon that.
"Servants are only copies of Heroic Spirits, so if you summon a spirit from the last war, they can't remember." - With Artoria being the exception.
"Enkidu is unbreakable to those with high divinity." (CM3) - But Heracles is the exception (okay, considering his legend it makes sense).

etc.
-Shirou had a reality marble. Realty Marbles are also something even maguses can't understand.
-Avalon is a divine object beyond human understanding on how to make or truly understand. Meaning it doesn't follow set standards on what can and can't be done.
-Shirou however doesn't copy them perfectly. His projections would be at least 1 grade below the original which likely accounts for being unable to reproduce the divine perfectly.
-To be fair with Avenger, The Einzberns cheat (meaning they DIDN'T follow the rules) to summon him.
-They were only summoned because of the corruption to the grail. If the grail had not been corrupted then they never would've been summoned.
-Caster was a servant, not a master which created issues and summoned an improper servant.
-Avalon is a Divine object while Gae Bolg is a cursed object. Generaly Divine is used to remove a curse. As for Rin, she didn't seek to heal Shirou's heart. She instead completely recreated his heart.
-Arturia is an exception but only because the world wanted her as a heroic spirit but she had never borrowed from the world to gain her fame and strength like heroic spirits usually do. The world had to create an exception to get what it wanted. Best not question what the world wants.
-yeah. Hercules is... different lol.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:37   Link #2046
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think that's the charm of the Nasuverse. Even the outright violation of rules has a proper explanation, which would eventually be debunked by another. That's just how it is, and I've well accepted it even as someone who was introduced into the Nasuverse by the first F/SN anime series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 04:38   Link #2047
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
That's what you feel, not what the readers are supposed to feel.
Fine, perhaps that was a bit too general. Nasu still wants to show how unique this and that is, when he lets a character circumvent a rule or fate, like in that fight scene from FHA.

And @cyberdemon: Same thing I said to Rev Okkin: It seems everyone ignored the "there are loopholes and unique situations" part I wrote. Why did you have the urge to explain these loopholes, when I already said I know them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think that's the charm of the Nasuverse. Even the outright violation of rules has a proper explanation, which would eventually be debunked by another. That's just how it is, and I've well accepted it even as someone who was introduced into the Nasuverse by the first F/SN anime series.
I'm not against this, but I feel like he pulls that off a bit too often.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:40   Link #2048
kenshinstyle

Quote:
This guy gets it.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 04:41   Link #2049
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Anywho, when does the UBW TV series officially starts?

Last edited by Lhklan; 2014-08-24 at 04:42. Reason: Didn't saw the post by Logard
Old 2014-08-24, 04:43   Link #2050
Lorhand

October 4th.
Old 2014-08-24, 04:48   Link #2051
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think it will be good if, someday, Nasu writes a new story with a set of rules established earlier and he stick with it and make a good story out of it. No more reliance on exceptions and hidden/behind-the-scene rules. If a shounen mangas like Hunter x Hunter can do it (and turned out great) and countless sports mangas can also do it, surely a good writer like Nasu can do it too. I'd really like to see how he deal with that.
Old 2014-08-24, 05:08   Link #2052
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I'm not against this, but I feel like he pulls that off a bit too often.
I think it's his "style", just like how Kamachi always portrays Touma (Toaru Majutsu no Index) as someone who ends most fights with a preach and a fist to the face.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 05:22   Link #2053
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I think it's his "style", just like how Kamachi always portrays Touma (Toaru Majutsu no Index) as someone who ends most fights with a preach and a fist to the face.
Now that you said it, I keep thinking if Nasu were to make a sport story (for example: football), instead of concentrating on the players and what strategy they use to defeat the opposing team, he’ll show how a team bribe the referee & other officials or poisoning the food of the opposing team to ensure the victory. Given his penchant to go around the early-established rules, that could be possible .
Old 2014-08-24, 06:05   Link #2054
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

The things in the Nasuverse don't feel like 'breaking the rules' as much as they feel like 'making an exception'. And those twists make it cooler to watch/read. As, you don't know what happens next or what twist is going to be made. Plus, Nasu's signature thing is 'breaking the rules'. And you can't hate it, especially when it's your fav charas who are breaking the rules
Old 2014-08-24, 08:34   Link #2055
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

With Nasu, I think it's less "breaking the rules" but more of a "the rules always have loopholes". Like Shirou's infamous "But there is no rule that an imitation cannot defeat the original.".
Old 2014-08-24, 09:01   Link #2056
mirakura

Or Rin's 'people die when they're killed.' And then Shirou just happens to die then live twice XD
Old 2014-08-24, 09:16   Link #2057
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
I don't think he copied it... It was inside him, so it was more like taking it out of him for a few second. Something like Avalon can't be copied - there's no point any way cos only one person can use it.
He copied it at the end when he fought Kirei. At that point, he had pulled out the real one and given it to Saber, yet he still traced a copy for himself to get free from the mud.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 10:16   Link #2058
mirakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He copied it at the end when he fought Kirei. At that point, he had pulled out the real one and given it to Saber, yet he still traced a copy for himself to get free from the mud.
Well that scene, the first time it was just Shirou. The second time, both their hands were reaching for it. Meaning he just tapped into Avalon's power from their master-servant connection. They had enforced the connection by then. He most likely didn't project Avalon, he probably just reached through his and Saber's connection. If he projected Avalon, that scene would be a two piece. Shirou's hand reaching for his projection. And Saber's hand reaching for the real Avalon :P But that's just me thinking. It will probably be how you say it, however, I don't think Shirou in Fate has the skill to trace or project Avalon. Again, that's just me thinking
Old 2014-08-24, 11:27   Link #2059
Lantzsucks

Sheero kan totaly trac nything, whut R U Talking Bout?
Old 2014-08-24, 12:22   Link #2060
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzsucks View Post
Sheero kan totaly trac nything, whut R U Talking Bout?
DEEEEENIED

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable