Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-01-05, 17:20   Link #2021
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I think I would die of joy if I went into a store and saw something like this, replace Higurashi with Umineko and I would die further.
It's very possible it happened at some point. I may be wrong, but I think this is very typical advertising for otaku properties. I think Toranoana had similar posters and stands and hype for the Last Season of Rose Guns Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
What if both? Would you explode? lol
This is why, someday, I wanna make it to a 07th Expansion Party. (But by the time I'm able to, they'll probably never hold them again...) Seriously, I'm still a bit mad about that super secretive exclusive crossover VN.
Old 2015-01-05, 19:17   Link #2022
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Somebody actually got the Matsuri Special Edition for very cheap at Amazon recently. I just wish I did my usual checks and I would have beat him to it >:/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlAIkqliZM
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 19:56   Link #2023
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that in the second picture from the bottom, right next to the TV showing Satoko, there's footage of someone playing MONSTER HUNTER?!
wow a japanese store that sells japanese video games is selling more than one japanese video game

fascinating
Old 2015-01-06, 14:07   Link #2024
Xed51

What? Creating a patch for a game is illegal now? WTF?!
There are posts in this same topic POSTING said patches.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=107
Hackers from Spiderlily, ars magica and witch hunt are active members of the community.
If you thought I was asking for a rip you misread. I just asked for confirmation on the file structure on the original disc. How is that discussion about anything illegal?
Please learn to read before you accuse someone of discussing something illegal.
Xed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 14:13   Link #2025
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Klashikari is actually Witch Hunt, if he/she thought we broke the rules, then it must be so.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 14:22   Link #2026
Xed51

Quote:
Klashikari is actually Witch Hunt, if he/she thought we broke the rules, then it must be so.
He may have misread my post. I guess it sounded like I was asking for a rip, which was not what I was doing at all.
If the problem is with using existing assets then I can't see why there have been tons and tons of posts about ps2ification patches.
I'm guessing all the assets are owned by Alchemist. Though a disclamer about needing to buy the ps2 and pc versions before using the patch is enough to have it all posted over here.
I'm sorry but I will take issue with being said that I discussed illegal behaviour with no mention to what that illegal behaviour is, in a topic where pedophilia was brought up.
This doesen't detract from any love I have for the witch hunt, he or she can hate me for this if she wants but I'm not the type to just shut up when law comes into the discussion
Old 2015-01-06, 14:40   Link #2027
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I wish we were moved back to the main boards, we get more activity on this thread more than on some series that are in the main boards. Plus we're also getting new tittles... so Higurashi isn't technically dead.
Old 2015-01-06, 14:49   Link #2028
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed51 View Post
He may have misread my post. I guess it sounded like I was asking for a rip, which was not what I was doing at all.
If the problem is with using existing assets then I can't see why there have been tons and tons of posts about ps2ification patches.
I'm guessing all the assets are owned by Alchemist. Though a disclamer about needing to buy the ps2 and pc versions before using the patch is enough to have it all posted over here.
I'm sorry but I will take issue with being said that I discussed illegal behaviour with no mention to what that illegal behaviour is, in a topic where pedophilia was brought up.
This doesen't detract from any love I have for the witch hunt, he or she can hate me for this if she wants but I'm not the type to just shut up when law comes into the discussion
-You were asking/discussed about rips of the english script of mangagamers which is absolutely not legal whatsoever.
Unless you have permission to use their translations for your own patch, it considered as illegal.

-Discussions about PS2 patches and the likes were never permitted to begin with, but this was basically flying under our radar considering that the higurashi sub forums is retired. Such kind of discussions would be naturally forbidden.

both are considered completely illegal because they are making use of intellectual property protected by copyright, and therefore requiring the company/author's approval to make use of them, regardless if it is for a non commercial use whatsoever.
Quote:
I wish we were moved back to the main boards, we get more activity on this thread more than on some series that are in the main boards. Plus we're also getting new tittles... so Higurashi isn't technically dead.
It has already been discussed before, but Higurashi -ANIME- is actually dead, which explains why the subforum remains retired.
The same is also applied to other bigger franchise like Tales of, despite a new game is coming (exactly because it has nothing to do with the anime per se, and even Zestiria's special has its own thread outside of the subforum).
For more information about this decision, please read relentless' answer here.
Old 2015-01-06, 14:59   Link #2029
Xed51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
-You were asking/discussed about rips of the english script of mangagamers which is absolutely not legal whatsoever.
Unless you have permission to use their translations for your own patch, it considered as illegal.
I apologize then, I assumed the script was free to use for whoever bought the game itself.
I actually paid for the MG version of the games so I assumed I could actually rip the script from it if I wanted to. Of course I wasn't going to release it to the public, I should have specified that.
I regulated myself by using the rest of the topic as an example, and I can assure you that patches about using PS2 assets were discussed at least once a week, with updates being posted by theguraguraman about his 720p patch using alchemist assets. Now theguraguraman was banned for different reasons and some of his posts were modded, but none relating to the ps2 patch, so I hope you can see where the confusion came from.
My question stands though, can someone confirm if the Higurashi Hou disc with the older arcs is structured with nscripter like Umineko? It may be obvious to some but I never owned the japanese version of higurashi, so I wouldn't know. The MG version has some weird structure I'm not particularly familiar with.
Old 2015-01-06, 15:04   Link #2030
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed51 View Post
I apologize then, I assumed the script was free to use for whoever bought the game itself.
I actually paid for the MG version of the games so I assumed I could actually rip the script from it if I wanted to. Of course I wasn't going to release it to the public, I should have specified that.
I regulated myself by using the rest of the topic as an example, and I can assure you that patches about using PS2 assets were discussed at least once a week, with updates being posted by theguraguraman about his 720p patch using alchemist assets. Now theguraguraman was banned for different reasons and some of his posts were modded, but none relating to the ps2 patch, so I hope you can see where the confusion came from.
This was an oversight of our side, and modding the previous posts with that kind of content might be a bit "too late" as of now. Suffice to say, they are not allowed whatsoever. I will make some clean up at some points

Just to be sure there is no misunderstanding: you are free to discuss about the said assets (as in, there is no issue to post what a sprite looks like and your appreciation). However, any discussion related to a patch that makes use of them or how to actually get them is forbidden.

Quote:
My question stands though, can someone confirm if the Higurashi Hou disc with the older arcs is structured with nscripter like Umineko? It may be obvious to some but I never owned the japanese version of higurashi, so I wouldn't know. The MG version has some weird structure I'm not particularly familiar with.
As far as I can see with my copy, the structure is pretty similar than the previous higurashi/umineko/rgd releases.
Old 2015-01-06, 15:17   Link #2031
Xed51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This was an oversight of our side, and modding the previous posts with that kind of content might be a bit "too late" as of now. Suffice to say, they are not allowed whatsoever. I will make some clean up at some points
Don't get me wrong, I was not complaining. I was just trying to explain where I was coming from. Again I love your work and I feel bad about over reacting, but I tend to get pretty paranoid about being associated with illegal stuff.
Anyway thanks for the info, I found a cheap copy on amazon and ordered it right now.
Old 2015-01-07, 01:28   Link #2032
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well here is another Heroine Chronicle update:

Couldn't get to higurashi part till I picked first choice of second branch and about stage 13 to see them, and not till Chapter 3 aka stage 17 you actually get to control them. Aria of crimson ammo plays major part in the hinamizawa arc, so recommend to buff her up enough to survive the three round of solo versus enemies, lets just say I ran from Rena, since I did not really focused on aria. Aria has the worse AP in the game, as in points used for actions, she runs dry so quick. >_>

Love the sprites of the higurashi characters and the overland map for Hinamizawa is pretty different, the music for oyashiro sequence was not bad. Story-wise it kinda lost on me. Rena controlled by aliens, Mion kidnapping Rika and Satoko. Well I did not really try to translate it since I was in a moving vehicle in a snow storm trying to keep eye out for deer.

Level 16 characters get the third attack. Only got one movie sequence at the end of chapter 1, of karaoke of yo-yo girl infront of the characters you have at that point~

I have been very busy these last few days so can't get a video or pics up yet. Flu been going around ;/

Heroine Chronicles is pretty easy to pick up to learn. If someone picks up a copy and need answers to some of the options I can give general jest of what each does.

Last edited by Daisu; 2015-01-07 at 01:41.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 05:32   Link #2033
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
New Gameplay video for Higurashi Sui

Tsuisou no Despair~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 15:51   Link #2034
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

I guess if anybody is really curious here are all of their attacks from Super Heroine Chronicle

Rena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH5z96YEQBw
Mion + Shion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y275VHcvR7E
Rika + Satako
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJiFtPSk4Q8

On a non-Higurashi note... I had no idea Super Sonico is in this game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbBplp1PmiQ
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-01-07, 16:14   Link #2035
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
I think I'll just copy my YouTube comment. Looks great, but dang are those mouth flaps looking mighty weird. They could have also added blinking eyes, I mean come on, Sega Saturn visual novels had moving mouths and eyes and that was in the late 90's.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:17   Link #2036
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It looks amazing. I wish I owned a Vita or PS3.
Old 2015-01-07, 18:13   Link #2037
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Those don't show the W Impacts for them, though.
I dont know what those are. Be more specific. The uploader said those are all of their attacks in the game.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-01-07, 18:33   Link #2038
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
I think W Impact is a combo that allows multiple attacks in a row with button presses and character CGs in between.
Oh like the Super Sonico link right? I remember seeing the Higurashi attacks with those. I believe there is a part in the game (Daisu correct me if Im wrong) there seems to be a mode where you can replay attacks like in Naruto games where you select an attack (special Jutsu) and select a character to do it against which was why they never showed up.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-01-07, 19:34   Link #2039
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
I remember that feature. It was cool. Any chance someone will post them?
Im not sure. THey seem to be the same attacks that had those button indications from what I remember a while back.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-01-07, 20:19   Link #2040
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think W Impact is a combo that allows multiple attacks in a row with button presses and character CGs in between.
When you do break all three stats of an enemy, it will go into W impact most of the time. Then you have to hit key prompts to get additional attacks. Various CG will come up per each attack, and can only do 3 so far. Usually when you break their stats they are dead anyways, just W Impact gives better chance for an item as well as trophy.

The first two Wimpact just use square, triangle, circle and X. Third requires directional as well.