AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-09-18, 21:13   Link #2021
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Bea isn't bad, her gimmick was removed and changed to be a pseudo Summer version of herself.

The biggest loser is once again Zeta.
Old 2018-09-18, 21:27   Link #2022
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Bea isn't bad, her gimmick was removed and changed to be a pseudo Summer version of herself.

The biggest loser is once again Zeta.
Zeta is pretty much just nothing happens.

But if you ask me, Bea is more of a nerf than buff.
She use to have a kit that's super friendly to intermediate players despite not able to compete in the higher stratum.

But being a half baked summer version, she is still not good enough to compete with other top characters, while losing super convenience she can provide to the intermediate players.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 16:00   Link #2023
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So I’ve heard Ridil is a great weapon. Should I get one for my full sword light grid for a light Glorybringer setup?
Old 2018-09-19, 17:50   Link #2024
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Zeta is pretty much just nothing happens.

But if you ask me, Bea is more of a nerf than buff.
She use to have a kit that's super friendly to intermediate players despite not able to compete in the higher stratum.

But being a half baked summer version, she is still not good enough to compete with other top characters, while losing super convenience she can provide to the intermediate players.
She only had a spot for Hades grids tho. Because of her unique mod buff but even then she was never the go to option when Dark has plenty of better units to pick from and people choose inmediate rewarding than the outdated ramp up mechanics.
Old 2018-09-19, 21:24   Link #2025
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
She only had a spot for Hades grids tho. Because of her unique mod buff but even then she was never the go to option when Dark has plenty of better units to pick from and people choose inmediate rewarding than the outdated ramp up mechanics.
She can do Magna, even it is half baked.
That's why she is so new comer friendly.
An in game friend of mine was only 2/3 into the basic dark magna grid, and Bea is already steadily pumping out near cap damage with constant 40%+ TA rate.
And this is WITHOUT Zoey.

Yes, it is extremely button heavy to up keep that and advance players wouldn't bother, but she truely is a god sent to the new comers.

But now, advance players are still going to drop her, and all her new user friendliness are all gone.
If this is not a nerf, what is?
Old 2018-09-20, 06:49   Link #2026
AnimeFangirl

Which, if any, of the free Side Story summons are worth keeping?
Old 2018-09-20, 09:32   Link #2027
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
An in game friend of mine was only 2/3 into the basic dark magna grid, and Bea is already steadily pumping out near cap damage with constant 40%+ TA rate.

Yes, it is extremely button heavy to up keep that and advance players wouldn't bother, but she truely is a god sent to the new comers.

But now, advance players are still going to drop her, and all her new user friendliness are all gone.
That it's not true, current Bea needs babysitting, luck and source for data to keep her clock going that's anything but newcomer friendly.
Old 2018-09-20, 09:34   Link #2028
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:

That it's not true, current Bea needs babysitting, luck and source for data to keep her clock going that's anything but newcomer friendly.
Intermediate and advance will aim for the obvious better options that are on others non selfish attackers.

An important detail I've seen is she's been changed to ougi.bomber which is the new meta on some elements.
Old 2018-09-20, 23:32   Link #2029
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Intermediate and advance will aim for the obvious better options that are on others non selfish attackers.

An important detail I've seen is she's been changed to ougi.bomber which is the new meta on some elements.
Babysit? Sure.
But luck? It is the other way around. With a single Old Curtana she can maintain 40% TA just fine, if using GW dagger, she can maintain 70%
You kinda needs really bad luck to fail at upkeeping her buff.
And Bea's start up click pattern is like, set in stone. You just need to copy and paste what others did and you are set. There is no thinking required.
Old 2018-09-21, 01:23   Link #2030
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

And that is no longer newcomer friendly. That's medium.

Beatrix has always been niche. With the releases of new character she stopped being used progressively.
This rebalance simply made her bring utility and enable enmity on her own with Jammed with should be enough to cap on her own.
Old 2018-09-21, 03:41   Link #2031
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
And that is no longer newcomer friendly. That's medium.

Beatrix has always been niche. With the releases of new character she stopped being used progressively.
This rebalance simply made her bring utility and enable enmity on her own with Jammed with should be enough to cap on her own.
And remember my original point was that she's good up to intermediate level?
The tools needed to do what I mentioned above can be acquired even before unlocking the first Juutenshu.

Though, Bea's real problem is her button heaviness, not her damage out put.
300K+ per hit is like her standard damage (after proper buffs) without over reliance enmity once you are half way done with a dark magna grid.
And 440K can be achieved without heavy reliance on enmity either with a complete magna grid. She can also up keep 50% TA just by herself with two Old Curtana in the grid.
Her high hate value isn't without merit either, as it actually provides safety to character like Vyte and Orchis.
Just that all the clicks destroyed her under the current meta. I can see the fix is to adjust her to the new meta. Just I don't see doing so this can improve her worth as a character in general.
Old 2018-09-24, 22:50   Link #2032
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So really, is Ridill a good weapon to get for light Glorybringer?
I’ve started making a light Ultima sword (still at Atma stage) but it looks like light Ridill would be a better mainhand, so in that case I’d be better off reducing my Atma to get the Ultima core back and make a different element since the Ultima sword skills will work from the grid.

I’ve got

FLB True Xeno axe and Berserker for fire.
MLB GW dagger and Warlock/split spirit for wind.
I haven’t seen anything on water Ultima sword being good, just Ultima spear.
FLB earth Xeno sword actually has some nice Glorybringer awaken abilities including multiattack boost if I want to ever did earth Glorybringer, so should I stick with that? Or I’d use FLB earth Xeno harp with Elysian.
Currently using light True Xeno sword with Berserker.
MLB Hermanubis and Berserker for dark.

So earth for my Ultima sword? Though I’ve seen a lot of people like wind for their Ultima sword, which leads to my next question:

So the reason people like Ultima weapons for mainhand is because of the elemental boost and DA boost from its C.A. right? Why do so many people like it for wind then, when GW dagger, Warlock, and would split accomplish the multiattack boost and trigger enmity at the same time?
Old 2018-09-25, 00:06   Link #2033
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The Xeno Sword is a better main hand for light.
You only want Ridill if you need some boost to TA.

As for wind, most top attackers in Wind are Sword Proficient. That's why people use.
Warlock is also not offensive enough. While you can bring Berserker and Glory with swords.
Old 2018-09-25, 05:37   Link #2034
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't like Warlock isn't offensive enough, but rather that Warlock has an abysmal DATA rate of all offensive classes. That's why most people would rather use Berserk with Wind Omega Sword or simply Dancer with Wind GW dagger.

Earth Xeno Sword is not good for Earth Glory because there isn't any echo property.

Ridill is only appropriate for Earth as far as it goes, and that's assuming you don't want to do a Earth Kaneshige or Earth Omega Sword.
Old 2018-09-25, 05:42   Link #2035
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
The Xeno Sword is a better main hand for light.
You only want Ridill if you need some boost to TA.
So what makes true xeno sword better than light Ridill, because I keep hearing everywhere that light Ridill is better, and even that the xeno sword is disappointing.

Quote:
Warlock is also not offensive enough. While you can bring Berserker and Glory with swords.
Even though soul split let’s me hit damage cap almost right away, and the TA boost from GW dagger giving me constant triple attacks?
Old 2018-09-25, 05:50   Link #2036
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Light Ridill is only good if you don't have any source of DATA (Cosmo, Omega Sword, Amira, Harut&Marut).
Otherwise, Xeno Sword is superior because it gives 36% echo damage on awaken and you get a permanent 15% stamina modifier provided you can keep your HP high enough.

That sword is also much better for Berserk since you get that uplift effect whenever the MC does a ougi with it. I stopped using the Omega Sword as a MH once the Xeno sword was released.
Old 2018-09-25, 06:37   Link #2037
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

By Omega sword I assume you mean Ultima Sword? (there’s no Omega Sword)

That’s all what I was thinking too........so I wonder why I keep seeing everybody talk about how Ridill is better and xeno sword is bad.
Old 2018-09-25, 10:02   Link #2038
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The reasoning behind is because Ridill buffs are unique and unconditional while Xeno sword buff needs mc to be kept at to to keep the curve.
Xeno sword will lose its value if you don't have data source as mentioned above.
Old 2018-09-25, 12:32   Link #2039
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I mainly use Ridill for short fights for extreme TA damage burst.
Where you can TA spam for 7 consecutive turn by using Ridill, Marie, Vira, and Ferry together.

But it quickly outlives its usefulness once you have a better source to maintain your MA rate.

And wow, poor Bea. You need lower than 20% HP to get a TA boost of 15%? When the old Bea has it better with higher HP?
And the start up button heaviness is still there? Fine, one click less, but that does not fix much.
No more hate up to protect other attacker like Vyte and Orchis?
The only real buff to her is the ougi damage? Yet that alone isn't too amazing because of Avatar Staff and Anubis Axe?

Truly they can give her a break.
Old 2018-09-25, 14:57   Link #2040
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

DATA was never an issue on dark tho her issue always was the high risk she came with if the buff extension failed resulting in a penalty just for her to cap which other characters already do fine.
And her passive stacks with Sentence and Excelsior skills btw.

Do people even need to protect Orchis? Veight I understand because he is glass canon but even now she got even more tankier.