Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-11, 23:55   Link #2021
Nelanlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
幼女戦記

how did you get a SS site and story name mixed up
I'd blame it on google translate but yeah that was pretty dumb of me. Got me there.
Nelanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 10:27   Link #2022
guyy

Oohh... Took me half a day to get through chapter 1074 of JxR as my attention kept moving to something else. Too much infodump about the Japanese government...

Almost running out of chapters too... At least it seems to update with a new chapter every other day.
guyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 11:34   Link #2023
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyy View Post
Oohh... Took me half a day to get through chapter 1074 of JxR as my attention kept moving to something else. Too much infodump about the Japanese government...

Almost running out of chapters too... At least it seems to update with a new chapter every other day.
It returns to it's daily updates now boys~ rejoice~

the past 2 months the release got irregular due to his parents being hospitalized... it's okay now I guess

Am I the only one here who likes info dump?! *insert that old dude gif here*

Has Michi became your favorite character btw?

aahh, congratulation for passing the 1000th chapter btw... good job~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 11:49   Link #2024
guyy

Ahhhhhh I'm a bit disappointed Yoshiko didn't become his woman... I mean I don't really like her as a character that much but her joining the harem was sort of teased for so long and I expected her to grow into a bit more likeable character after becoming his woman. Not even going to look for a happy marriage with a guy she likes, just some random guy chosen by someone else...

As for Michi she is pretty average for me. I'm not really sure who is my favorite
Old 2015-09-12, 12:13   Link #2025
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Ahhhhhh I'm a bit disappointed Yoshiko didn't become his woman... I mean I don't really like her as a character that much but her joining the harem was sort of teased for so long and I expected her to grow into a bit more likeable character after becoming his woman. Not even going to look for a happy marriage with a guy she likes, just some random guy chosen by someone else...

As for Michi she is pretty average for me. I'm not really sure who is my favorite
ahh ahh~ Yoshiko will be his yo~ lololol~

She is among the 4 (or 5?) girls who took a long long time to be his (literally hundred chapters)
in case u wanna know them :
- Yukino (u know her already)
- Margo
- Kinoshita Ryouko (Banba of Banbarbie 3, remember?)
- Kudou Haruka (still bimyou...)
- Kouzuki Yoshiko

chapter 1361 is just out btw, and he got 13 bishoujo assassins... their names are just lol

u don't know who's ur fav character because everyone is interesting yo~
Old 2015-09-12, 12:21   Link #2026
cabman11

Creat a fucking thread already and move it there.
I come here to check for New reads. Not here about JxR all day
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 12:23   Link #2027
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
ahh ahh~ Yoshiko will be his yo~ lololol~

She is among the 4 (or 5?) girls who took a long long time to be his (literally hundred chapters)
in case u wanna know them :
- Yukino (u know her already)
- Margo
- Kinoshita Ryouko (Banba of Banbarbie 3, remember?)
- Kudou Haruka (still bimyou...)
- Kouzuki Yoshiko

chapter 1361 is just out btw, and he got 13 bishoujo assassins... their names are just lol

u don't know who's ur fav character because everyone is interesting yo~
Wait, Margo becomes his woman as well? In the chapters available? I had already given up on her becoming his woman within what there is to read. I knew about banba but I'm glad to know Yoshiko and Margo become his women as well. Don't really care about Haruka though....
Old 2015-09-12, 12:47   Link #2028
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Oi Guyy, u pissed off cabman!

Go create the thread man~ I'll... err... pray for you~ tehee~

btw, didn't someone ask for non tensei/teni works before? Did anyone answer? I'm curious as well~
Old 2015-09-12, 13:14   Link #2029
guyy

Wasn't a complete ero novel not allowed or something? Anyway I think create an own thread should be said when so much is posted the thread is full of it, not in the case of a few posts within a few days at a time when no one else is really posting anything anyway. Which will also probably stop once I've finished reading it within a couple weeks.

About non tensei/teni, no one really posted anything. By the way you said JxR is the only good novel of that kind, don't you like oukoku michi anymore?
Old 2015-09-12, 16:51   Link #2030
Nelanlan

Quote:
Wasn't a complete ero novel not allowed or something? Anyway I think create an own thread should be said when so much is posted the thread is full of it, not in the case of a few posts within a few days at a time when no one else is really posting anything anyway. Which will also probably stop once I've finished reading it within a couple weeks.

About non tensei/teni, no one really posted anything. By the way you said JxR is the only good novel of that kind, don't you like oukoku michi anymore?
Honestly, I am also getting somewhat annoyed with all the talk about JxR. 10 pages and about a month on this thread are filled with JxR and the girls the MC rapes.

Edit: Actually, Wuhugum first linked JxR on 7/14 on page 86.
Old 2015-09-12, 17:06   Link #2031
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelanlan View Post
Honestly, I am also getting somewhat annoyed with all the talk about JxR. 10 pages and about a month on this thread are filled with JxR and the girls the MC rapes.

Edit: Actually, Wuhugum first linked JxR on 7/14 on page 86.
Oh please. There were 5 posts about JxR now and the last time JxR was discussed was 9 days ago with 4 posts. 5 days before that there were 2 posts. 5 days before that it was discussed along with other nocturne novels etc. that's probably half of it.

If "all this talk" gets you annoyed I have to say you get annoyed very easily. Going to finish reading it soon anyway.
Old 2015-09-12, 17:48   Link #2032
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
btw, didn't someone ask for non tensei/teni works before? Did anyone answer? I'm curious as well~
I've already mentioned the three I'm following that fall under that category, granted Thief Hero plays with it by having all the enemies be summoned/reincarnated/teleported in. The other two being Sevens (you can count Dragoon by the same author as well, although the rival in it is reincarnated) and the Dragon one I mentioned a while back with the shota protag (the romantic developments (or lack thereof) would personally probably annoy you, though).

And technically 世界がデスゲームになったので楽しいです and リアルでレベル上げしたらほぼチートな人生になった count as native protagonists too, although those are both modern world with fantasy elements.

Otherwise I can't think of any other ones with native protagonists worth mentioning, or at least not far along enough in the story to consider recommending here yet. And then you have ones like the Doll Dungeon where the protagonist may as well be a native, since he's technically reincarnated but literally has none of his memories, ruining the entire point of being reincarnated.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 18:03   Link #2033
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I've already mentioned the three I'm following that fall under that category, granted Thief Hero plays with it by having all the enemies be summoned/reincarnated/teleported in.
Thief Hero?
Old 2015-09-12, 18:08   Link #2034
cabman11

Quote:
Thief Hero?
It means the rogue assassin with a knife style

Also I'm wondering if there's story with a hero that doesn't use a sword?
Because in grimoire X reverse. グリモワール×リバース~転生鬼神浪漫譚~the main character uses a battle axe as his main weapon

Last edited by cabman11; 2015-09-12 at 18:30.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 19:08   Link #2035
sasuke706

Quote:
Thief Hero?
勇者殺しの盗賊家業.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Also I'm wondering if there's story with a hero that doesn't use a sword?
While the majority favors swords, there are still plenty that don't.
武に身を捧げて百と余年 - Fists/Martial Arts.
魔拳のデイドリーマー - Same as above.
NO FATIGUE - Mostly magic, but does other things like spear and cutting strings.
コミュ障の俺が、交渉スキルに全振りして転生した結果 - Axe
用務員さんは勇者じゃありませんので - Mostly poison, among other as-long-as-they-die methods. Giant snow leopard helps too.
Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 - Whip and a loli
異世界の迷宮都市で治癒魔法使いやってます - Mace, although the protagonist rarely fights (because he's a shit fighter). Otherwise he sics his loli on things.
There was another where the protagonist used twin scythes that got published, but I can't figure out for the life of me what the author is doing with the WN version. He moved it to another page, then moved back to the original, then deleted the original and moved it to a new one again, then deleted the new one. I don't even know anymore.

And there's plenty of protagonists that use only magic.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2015-09-12 at 19:30.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 20:11   Link #2036
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
二度目の勇者は復讐の道を嗤い歩む。 ~魔王よ、世界の半分をやるから俺と復讐をしよう~ seems to be pretty good among the 'revenge' stories. The main characters are proper psychos when the situation needs them to be so.
I just read most of this. Got to chapter 24 that went into what happened when he was betrayed. Holy fuck this shit is sad. I fully understand and support his revenge. When the only person that actually gives a damn about you is the demon lord you're supposed to kill, you know the world needs to burn.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 20:22   Link #2037
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Even though it's not tensei/teni, it's still isekai fantasy hmm...

Quote:

Umm I mean, the only good modern day novel... not fantasy world...

muuu, well, maybe if the thread doesn't actually discuss the ero part it's okay? only the plot.....
Old 2015-09-12, 23:08   Link #2038
SereneSolace

One modern day novel:

そして少女は悪女の体を手に入れる/And so the Girl Obtained a Wicked Girl’s Body

It is sort of a reincarnation. It is a bit different, since when the protagonist goes, "teehee, I don't remember anything before yesterday," it isn't laughed off. Rather, she becomes hated even more.

To copy paste a translated synopsis:

Quote:
I was born with an incredibly frail body. When the curtain was about to close on my life at the age of 17, a breathtakingly cute angel with a gentle smile appeared before me and gave me the body of another person.
Apparently, this girl seems to have gone to ended their own life.

I got this body because her death was unscheduled, but I don’t intend to follow her path.
Anyways, this is a really healthy body!
Not like the weak body I had at all!

Thank you very much! I’ll make sure live life to the fullest in this body no matter what obstacles come my way!
What!? This girl was hated? My family shuns me? That doesn’t matter.
I’ll overcome anything now that I have this healthy body! I don’t care that she didn’t have friends. I didn’t have any either!

All right, I’ll try my best in this new life!
SereneSolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 23:45   Link #2039
Nelanlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSolace View Post
One modern day novel:

そして少女は悪女の体を手に入れる/And so the Girl Obtained a Wicked Girl’s Body

It is sort of a reincarnation. It is a bit different, since when the protagonist goes, "teehee, I don't remember anything before yesterday," it isn't laughed off. Rather, she becomes hated even more.

To copy paste a translated synopsis:
I read the translated chapters. She is quite adorable and her struggle against the apparently universal hatred of her is interesting.
Old 2015-09-12, 23:45   Link #2040
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Instant read~ The MC is fun~

But there's only 30 short chapters... would finished reading in few hours... wew....

Tags
web novel