AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-07, 20:20   Link #2001
Crimson_Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Ise and his peers are young too. At least when compared to most of the participants. Most of the existing participants are easily over 100.
they have experience real battle many times and they already fight in war against Qlippoth they are war veterans
Crimson_Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 20:38   Link #2002
kiiro94

Thor is infinity wars is 1500 years, could he have the same age here in the novel?

Sirzechs is under 800 years.

It was said that Milicas is Super Devil in 30 years, when do devils achieve their prime?

I think they reach their full potential in the first century for a normal devil. Even Rias was gonna reach Ultimate Class when she gets in her adult hood.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 20:40   Link #2003
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Emperor View Post
they have experience real battle many times and they already fight in war against Qlippoth they are war veterans
No they are far from war veterans, other gods have experienced conflict for centuries

With all the remaining teams for the next round, Rias is the only female king left
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 20:47   Link #2004
Lucidrago

@kiro How are we supposed to know that?

Again even with combat experience, the youths are still in their teens and early twenties. And they're taking on beings hundreds and thousands of years old. So what's too young to take on gods and god-class beings?

I didn't realize that Rias was the only female king. All I realized was that she was the weakest king of the 16.

For a series popular with a lot of male readers for the females in the series, the female characters seem inferior to the male characters. For example in the Top 10 list there were no females in there(Ophis is genderless). The strongest Longinus possessors are the guys(Lavinia wasn't even included among the strongest humans). The servants that seem to stand out the most among the Rookie Four are the males(Issei, Kiba, Gasper, and Saji). No female has been painted as abnormally strong to the point of being ridiculous like the main Longinus possessors.

While there are plenty of powerful females, but it is largely a focus on the males. The 3 Super Devils: all males. The strongest humans: all male. The strongest king in the Rookie Four: male. The strongest Longinus possessors: male. The Top 10 that Vali listed: male. The Champion of the Rating Games: male. The strongest mass-produced devil created by Hades: male.

The only thing I can find where a female stands at #1 in strength is Tiamat who is the strongest Dragon King. And Grayfia who is the strongest queen.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-05-07 at 21:04.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 06:45   Link #2005
bashkim1234

Will Vali get a new form like Ise ? I think he will get something new. Since Ise and Vali are going to be dragon god class Fighters.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 07:28   Link #2006
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
Will Vali get a new form like Ise ? I think he will get something new. Since Ise and Vali are going to be dragon god class Fighters.
what new form? he already has DxD-L
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 08:02   Link #2007
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ddraig's speculation that Ophis might be trying to make Ise and Vali Dragon God-class beings. In Volume 24 during the fight against Thanatos. It's in spoilers only so far, though. It means that they're each going to get Dragon God-class forms at some point. For Ise I think it's going to be AxA.

@Lucidrago: Hades' strongest Devil is a male, but he did also create a female Super Devil. Verrine. But yeah, females are largely weaker than the males in this series, though we do have ones like Yasaka (the Kyuubi Clan Head, leader of the Kyoto Youkai, and I'm pretty sure that even in this series as well, aside from dragons, the Kyuubi are the strongest monsters), Xenovia, Grayfia and Lint who are pretty strong. And while as you said, Lavinia isn't one of the strongest humans, she's still pretty strong. And how many Maou-class people are there? For some reason, the Maou Leviathan is always a woman, and Serafall herself is also really strong. Even if Rias can't become a Super Devil, she's at least going to be Maou-class at her peak and that's already good enough since Maou-class Devils are very rare. And in EX, Ise's strongest child is a girl (Airi). Also look at Koneko and Kuroka. And Magiri. Nekomata are all women and they have some really powerful ones in their clan. Magiri is the strongest and she has seven tails which is the highest number of tails a Nekomata can have in this series.

DxD Volumes are also sold in women's sections in Japanese bookstores (as well as male, hopefully), so you'd think Ishibumi would have some more powerful female characters. I wonder what the female fans have to say about this.
Old 2018-05-08, 10:21   Link #2008
kiiro94

Well if I dont remember wrong, Airi used some kind of power borrowed to her. Even EX had sacred gear.

Not even Roygun is a natural Satan Class. Not even Cattleya was Satan Class in base. It is weird to have strong devils, and much more to have women strong devils.

I dont think Rias is gonna be Satan Class, she is gonna be Ultimate Class Devil IMO, but I cant reject the possibility she has to reach that level.

Also, about the spoilers of the super devils of Hades, the one that could take Ophis, was it meant prime Ophis and nerfed Ophis 2 (or 4) times Heavenly Dragon Class?

Edit I think it was Fafnir power she used. A dragon king. Any female or male can be strong if they borrowed power. I wont denied they are strong, but we must acknowledge that in the same terms anyone could get strong with borrowed powers and it is not their personal powers.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 10:30   Link #2009
EternalDragonGod Ise

Vali will become Dragon God-Class, Ise will become an actuall Dragon God, most likely.
About Baalbirth I belive its nerfed Ophis i mean, its the most logical Point, but we know Ichiei who is at most Times an Idiot. Harsh I know but sadly the Truth.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 10:34   Link #2010
Lucidrago

I don't understand. How will Issei become a Dragon god exactly? To me It's just a title handed to the most powerful dragons. You don't need to be Ophis to become a Dragon god.
Old 2018-05-08, 11:47   Link #2011
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I don't understand. How will Issei become a Dragon god exactly? To me It's just a title handed to the most powerful dragons. You don't need to be Ophis to become a Dragon god.
Pretty sure it's a title unique to Ophis. GR is called a True Dragon instead of a Dragon God despite being on the same level. Ise, who has part of her power in him, is basically the only one who could realistically "inherit" the title, though I'd be surprised if he actually did so.
Old 2018-05-08, 11:51   Link #2012
Sauron12561

Really got no real clue on that either, but i guess we will just have to wait and see what Ichie comes up with to explain that, although i do think it has something to do with the power of infinity spreading through his body and soul
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 11:55   Link #2013
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: Ise's whole body and soul is covered by the power of infinity. His soul is infinite too (which is why Grim Reapers' scythes won't work on him anymore). Why else do you think Ddraig said Ophis might be trying to make him the third Dragon God? It's your skepticism that doesn't make sense to me.

@Kiiro: Airi has an Artificial Sacred Gear and she's also really skilled at using Touki (and she was trained by Sairaorg and also taught a special combat style developed by Future Asia, though I don't remember the details of the style). She's referred to as the strongest of all of Ise's children. What more do you need?

I think Rias can reach Maou-class at least, at peak power.

Edit: Two posts late.
@XFire: Great Red is also called a Dragon God. He's both the True Dragon and a Dragon God as well. But I think Great Red and Ophis have actual divinity. In the Volume 21 Afterword, Ishibumi referred them both as Dragon Gods, and in the DxD G mode chant as well, they're called "Glorious God of Dreams" and "Jet-black God of Infinity".

Edit to add: I also read in spoilers for Volume 24 that the power of infinity inside Ise also increases every time he uses Dragon Deification. This could be wrong, though.
Old 2018-05-08, 12:32   Link #2014
Sauron12561

@kiiro to add on what Osman already said, remember that the rest of ise's children called Airi a scary person.

from EX chapt 3
Quote:
Airi, who was floating a smile that was just like that of Asia, spoke to her little brother through the magic circle with intensity in her voice.

"——Did you not hear what I said?"

Seeing this, the pair of Shirayuki and Kurobara were hugging each other in fear.

"Scary, Airi nee-san……"

"Nyeah……never ever make Airi onee-chan mad……"

It was apparent that Zen and Shin had both turned pale.
@osman its even in GR's name, True Red Dragon God Emperor, if im not mistaken, so he really should be a dragon God.
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 13:39   Link #2015
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but people just think that that's just a title. So Ishibumi had to clarify it which he did. For Great Red and Ophis, "Dragon God" isn't just a title. They're truly gods.

Edit to add: According to the spoilers, when Ddraig noticed the power of infinity spreading throughout Ise's entire body and soul and (if the other spoiler is true), increasing each time he uses Dragon Deification, he said that Ophis might be trying to make him the third Dragon God. Then Ise said that maybe she's doing the same for Vali with Maouification, to which Ddraig replied that she might be trying to make them both Dragon God-class beings. Notice the distinction, please. There's a difference between "third Dragon God" and "Dragon God-class being".

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-05-08 at 18:05.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 18:41   Link #2016
Parry999

That combining two languages just is so awkard. Why not just demonization or something.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 19:25   Link #2017
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The novel said Maouification. The full English version would be Demon Kingification. That sounds more awkward and it's not even a word.
Old 2018-05-08, 19:34   Link #2018
Lucidrago

Stop trying to 'demonize' Vali.

So considering that the Longinus [Nereid Kyrie] will probably have something to do with the sea and sound, it will probably having the sea flood the whole world if mastered.

Maybe [Star Buster Star Blaster] has the ability for the sword to extend to any length possible and for the bullet to shoot anyone or anything at any distance.
Old 2018-05-08, 20:03   Link #2019
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
That combining two languages just is so awkard. Why not just demonization or something.
For some reason I read that as demonetize and wondered why Vali of all people was the one losing ad revenue instead of Ise
Old 2018-05-08, 20:10   Link #2020
syzorst
syzorst

I hope we see Indra battle in a rating game. Curious to see how OP he is.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote