AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-09, 07:32   Link #2001
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Not only that. She has been chosen because she has the highest magic power among the candidates.
Yeah but that was secondary, the main reason is to keep Tatsuya chained to the Yotsuba that's all that matters.
Old 2016-01-09, 09:04   Link #2002
Medivh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Based on my impression after reading this part, it feels like Koichi is planning to set up a situation where he can change public opinion by sacrificing young magicians (students). The attack at Minoru's school may have been staged by Koichi. Or, this attack on Miyuki's group may also be staged by Koichi. It may be shocking if he is using his daughter as a sacrificial lamb, but we will have to see in the next volume.
I doubt so. IMO, Koichi was very sure that conflict is going to escalate. He does not need to stage anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Yeah but that was secondary, the main reason is to keep Tatsuya chained to the Yotsuba that's all that matters.
That does not remove her merits of becoming a Yotsuba heir. Removing the Tatsuya factor, she will be elected also. And, being able to control tatsuya should be a super important criteria.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 13:05   Link #2003
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
I doubt so. IMO, Koichi was very sure that conflict is going to escalate. He does not need to stage anything.
I am delivering the detail from vol.18. Congressman Kouzuke assumed and asked whether Koichi would use students as a sacrifice to change public opinion. Koichi did not directly answers Kouzuke's question and only says, they (10MC) cannot prevent everything while smiling.

Personally, I think, the one who will save Miyuki, Izumi, and Minami would be Ichijou Masaki. In vol.18, he did not do much. So, it may be only chance to shine for Masaki especially in front of Miyuki.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 06:43   Link #2004
Blakegriffin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I agree that Maya wanted to make sure that Tatsuya stayed in and loyal to the Yotsuba, but I think her plan to ensure that was the engagement to Miyuki. I believe that Miyuki would have been named heir to the clan either way. Miyuki has the most potential and magic prowess out of the candidates to become Maya's successor. Miyuki is also the closest relative to Maya out of the candidates.

I believe that Miyuki is a lot more competent and skilled than Tatsuya believes. I remember a few times that it was mentioned that Miyuki doesn't try as hard, or acts less competent than she is, so that Tatsuya won't leave her. She thinks that if she tries her best and shows her true intelligence and skills that Tatsuya will say something like, "Miyuki doesn't need me anymore," and will leave her. I hope we start to see Miyuki without holding back anymore. I don't think she has some hidden special magic powers or anything like that. I just think that she is a lot more reliable and stuff, like Tatsuya.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 12:15   Link #2005
Echizen777

Was there anything about Mayyumi's big brother besides the mention that he'll be the leader? No plans from him or anything? Just Koichi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakegriffin89 View Post
I agree that Maya wanted to make sure that Tatsuya stayed in and loyal to the Yotsuba, but I think her plan to ensure that was the engagement to Miyuki. I believe that Miyuki would have been named heir to the clan either way. Miyuki has the most potential and magic prowess out of the candidates to become Maya's successor. Miyuki is also the closest relative to Maya out of the candidates.

I believe that Miyuki is a lot more competent and skilled than Tatsuya believes. I remember a few times that it was mentioned that Miyuki doesn't try as hard, or acts less competent than she is, so that Tatsuya won't leave her. She thinks that if she tries her best and shows her true intelligence and skills that Tatsuya will say something like, "Miyuki doesn't need me anymore," and will leave her. I hope we start to see Miyuki without holding back anymore. I don't think she has some hidden special magic powers or anything like that. I just think that she is a lot more reliable and stuff, like Tatsuya.
It's only related to her mind, she sometimes played dumb to make him believe she is unreliable, she has no reason to hold back in combat situation and she doesn't. The situation has changed since they are engaged anyway.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 12:33   Link #2006
Medivh

The brother is MIA for the most part.
Old 2016-01-10, 22:41   Link #2007
Aika Natsume

Quote:
I am delivering the detail from vol.18. Congressman Kouzuke assumed and asked whether Koichi would use students as a sacrifice to change public opinion. Koichi did not directly answers Kouzuke's question and only says, they (10MC) cannot prevent everything while smiling.

Personally, I think, the one who will save Miyuki, Izumi, and Minami would be Ichijou Masaki. In vol.18, he did not do much. So, it may be only chance to shine for Masaki especially in front of Miyuki.

If Masaki saves them wouldnt he be using magic also? If Minami cant handle the situation, Miyuki would most likely be using her prowess. If Masaki does intend to help them, he might actually see the extent of Miyuki's power(if ever Miyuki decided to use it). Lol. He might realize he is not suited for her.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 23:37   Link #2008
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
If Masaki saves them wouldnt he be using magic also? If Minami cant handle the situation, Miyuki would most likely be using her prowess. If Masaki does intend to help them, he might actually see the extent of Miyuki's power(if ever Miyuki decided to use it). Lol. He might realize he is not suited for her.
Unlike with Tatsuya, Miyuki's power has never been a secret or hidden. She aced the exams and used her power at the 9SC, her fights and so so on, she even entered into Koichi's radar because of that.
Old 2016-01-12, 08:08   Link #2009
Blakegriffin89

If Minami can't handle the situation against a small group of anti-magic protestors/terrorists, then what good is she as Miyuki's guardian. Miyuki is the future clan leader of the Yotsuba, so it should be unacceptable to the Yotsuba for Miyuki to get injured in an attack. Miyuki shouldn't have to fight back if she has a guardian present, that's one of the main purposes of the Yotsuba members having guardians. I'm pretty sure that Minami is also trained in non-magic combat, but just not to the extent of Tatsuya's skills. I would think that the Yotsuba would be smart enough to train their guardians in magic and non-magic combat, just incase magic can't be used. I don't think that the situation will be as big, or as bad as people think it's going to be. I think the main reason it's getting this much attention is due to it being cut-off in the middle, and used as a cliffhanger going into Vol.19.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 09:45   Link #2010
FLS_Carnage

Quote:
If Minami can't handle the situation against a small group of anti-magic protestors/terrorists, then what good is she as Miyuki's guardian. Miyuki is the future clan leader of the Yotsuba, so it should be unacceptable to the Yotsuba for Miyuki to get injured in an attack. Miyuki shouldn't have to fight back if she has a guardian present, that's one of the main purposes of the Yotsuba members having guardians. I'm pretty sure that Minami is also trained in non-magic combat, but just not to the extent of Tatsuya's skills. I would think that the Yotsuba would be smart enough to train their guardians in magic and non-magic combat, just incase magic can't be used. I don't think that the situation will be as big, or as bad as people think it's going to be. I think the main reason it's getting this much attention is due to it being cut-off in the middle, and used as a cliffhanger going into Vol.19.
This is from vol 13,
" Because Minami had been raised as a combat magician by the main house of the Yotsuba, her physical abilities shouldn’t be something that could be improved further. "

That would seem to imply that she can handle herself in hand to hand combat.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 11:14   Link #2011
Echizen777

Quote:
She received physical training as well but if even Minami becomes unable to handle the situation then it means the biggest problem will be the caliber of the opponents, they can be good fighters as well, with guns and stuff, without magic you can't protect against that, Tatsuya has Decomposition but the others don't. Also she is still learning and growing as Tatsuya's apprentice.

Spoiler for Volume 16:
Old 2016-01-13, 14:36   Link #2012
Aika Natsume

Spoiler for Volume 16:
[/QUOTE]

Do you know when is this two years gonna due? So the Sakura Series are very well modified compared to others..oh well, thats to be expected if Minami was already planned to be the guardian of the next head of the Yotsuba which will replace Tatsuya. Now i wonder what other modified guardians the Yotsuba have.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 02:07   Link #2013
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Spoiler for Volume 16:
He said that in 2096 so it should be near the the end of 2097 or in 2098. 1st year at university or near the end of the 3rd year. All Sakura Series are not that good, Minami is the best. Her Magic Power rivals the Saegusa twins and her single layered barriers are equal to Katsuto.
Old 2016-01-16, 03:44   Link #2014
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:

I believe the opposite. The Anti Magician Movement was already close (if not the same) with Anarchism movement. I think Kouichi and Tatsuya thought like that too (From conversation Tatsuya with Shizuku's father, Ushio).

So when some magicians especially High School and Magic Univ students were attacked, they could repel their attackers without worrying the consequence.

The current development would further strengthen Kouichi statement (utilizing Antinite which the military resources), that Anti Magician Movement was not a simple people movement anymore but a propaganda from opponent countries.

But yeah, reading vol. 18 with all that kind of politics made me irritated. Not to mention the ending really such a cliff-hanger
And have to wait until Spring for vol 19
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 09:27   Link #2015
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
that Anti Magician Movement was not a simple people movement anymore but a propaganda from opponent countries.
I'm pretty sure that have been theorized pretty early in the series by Tatsuya when he was talking about Blanche (an international anti-magic organisation, if people forgot about them). Blanche also had access to Antinite.

I'm also starting to wonder if the events of Sado and Okinawa in 2092 aren't tied to this. Kyouko suggested that the event of Yokohama were done by proxy for the USNA to weaken Japan (and the current arc suggest it is quite possible) and that's really the only way I can see two different countries invading Japan at the same time being possible...

Last edited by azarhal; 2016-01-18 at 13:03.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 03:15   Link #2016
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I'm pretty sure that have been theorized pretty early in the series by Tatsuya when he was talking about Blanche (an international anti-magic organisation, if people forgot about them). Blanche also had access to Antinite.

I'm also starting to wonder if the events of Sado and Okinawa in 2092 aren't tied to this. Kyouko suggested that the event of Yokohama were done by proxy for the USNA to weaken Japan (and the current arc suggest it is quite possible) and that's really the only way I can see two different countries invading Japan at the same time being possible...

TBH, the USNA's top heads do seem like a congress of baboons, thinking that they can just rummage about any country just because they feel like. They've clearly forgotten what happened on that particular October, and if this interference goes on, they'll be hearing another one, probably.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 01:58   Link #2017
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Ah, you're right. I only started reading Novel from vol.9 so somehow Blanche was just like a forgettable element

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
They've clearly forgotten what happened on that particular October, and if this interference goes on, they'll be hearing another one, probably.
But, Lina's mission to identify that Strategical-Magic wielder hasn't completed yet, right?
I hope there's a re-match between Tatsuya vs Lina, because Lina misunderstood Tatsuya's magic
Satou-sensei too hoped to add more scenes for Lina, the author seemed like to write Lina's character (I forgot it was in Afterword in vol.17 or vol.18)

Also, I can't understand why Brionac is classified as Strategical-Magic, based on what I read, its capabilities is far inferior even to Mio's Abyss (although the phenomenon itself is superior to Abyss by far).
If it's classified as Tactical-Magic then it's understandable, but not as Strategical-Magic.
Old 2016-02-03, 02:22   Link #2018
Medivh

HMB without brionac is a strategic magic. Excluding MB, It has the 2nd largest aoe and rank highest in power. Brionac controls the output of HMB to be use on a personnel level.
Old 2016-02-03, 02:30   Link #2019
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
Excluding MB, It has the 2nd largest aoe and rank highest in power.
May I know which volume it referred? Very likely I missed that explanation.
Old 2016-02-03, 03:59   Link #2020
Medivh

Actually, that quote is wrong (took it from wikia) but there was a comparison of HMB and tumba bomba in Volume 8, during Maya and Kazama talk

Tags
political intrigue