AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-25, 12:31   Link #20081
shadowarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Still busy w/ the holidays, I guess I'll catch the 2 new chapters later.

I don't know what a Kouki is but it sounds disappointing.
A cookie? Kou ki? Don't remember who that is but my head starts aching and I can feel veins twitching on my skull. From my feeling, if it's a character not a thing, then he's probably an annoying insignificant character.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 14:28   Link #20082
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Who is Kouki? A New Chara?
I don't know what this Kouki is but it sounds just like Yamcha
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 14:32   Link #20083
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
I don't know what this Kouki is but it sounds just like Yamcha
I was thinking the same thing.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 20:50   Link #20084
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
For those interested, manga volume 1 covers chapters 0 to 7. There is an extra 4 page short story(print, not comic) at the end of the volume entitled, "That Meeting, It was Fate" which tells about the meeting between Hajime and Yue from her perspective. It was rather interesting since her impressions and feelings on meeting Hajime come off as a lot more innocent and girlish than her cool demeanor in the main story showed.
btw this 4 page short story is already translated online?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 07:33   Link #20085
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
btw this 4 page short story is already translated online?
Not that I am aware of, though since I started reading the raws on my own I don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on with the translations anymore.

I'm currently working my way through LN volume 5, though skipping around a bit as usual to get at some of the new content. One interesting factoid that I ran across in the postscript is that Remia is apparently modeled after the Alicia Florence character from the Aria series.

About volume 5's extra chapter,
Spoiler:
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 07:37   Link #20086
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Please translate it, borisdrakoni!!
Old 2016-12-26, 09:29   Link #20087
bakapervert
A pervert

^Enigmaticaxiom said that a week or two week later he might release his translation.
Old 2016-12-26, 19:47   Link #20088
shadowarc

I finally remembered what I always thought of when kouki (reread summaries) showed up or did something stupid. I mentally changed kouki into kuuki (from kuuki yome=read the atmosphere!).
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 08:18   Link #20089
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

LNs extra chapters are interesting/amusing as always, thanks for the info.

Finally got around & read the 2 new chapters, Xmas story was fun. Miu really has pretty much become like her papa in lots of ways...which for the most part is bad (though her "trolling" are all innocent & unintentional). Her choice of gifts is...typical of the family I guess?

Kouki & his hero(lol) swag is as strong as ever seeing how
Spoiler:
Old 2016-12-27, 08:20   Link #20090
bakapervert
A pervert

^He is actually really pitiful. Feels like he keep pulling girls like.Eri to him.
Old 2016-12-27, 09:24   Link #20091
blueexorcist

Is this still ongoing??
blueexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 10:42   Link #20092
bakapervert
A pervert

^Feels like rhe after story can actually surpass the main story in length.
Old 2016-12-30, 06:07   Link #20093
Triok123

just started the manga and then the wn, got to say, Kouki character is 10/10...
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 07:17   Link #20094
sparhawk1610
Asura

Guys, I know that it is a stupid question, but did this LN get actually licensed for eng translation?
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 07:39   Link #20095
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Guys, I know that it is a stupid question, but did this LN get actually licensed for eng translation?
Not yet. I wouldn't be surprised if J-Novel Club picked it up sometime since they have a deal going on with Overlap. Otherwise, following the standard model, Yen Press would probably try to grab it as soon as it got an anime adaptation.

Incidentally, volume 5 is currently ranked 5th in the Oricon sales rankings for the week of 12/19 - 12/25.
Old 2016-12-30, 08:00   Link #20096
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Not yet. I wouldn't be surprised if J-Novel Club picked it up sometime since they have a deal going on with Overlap. Otherwise, following the standard model, Yen Press would probably try to grab it as soon as it got an anime adaptation.

Incidentally, volume 5 is currently ranked 5th in the Oricon sales rankings for the week of 12/19 - 12/25.
Well, actually I buy a couple of series from YP translation and Bakemonogatari from Vertical. So, if I will get a chance to get this one, I will not hesitate. Only one thing which a bit annoys me is, that for YP it took 4 months for release new Volume. For Vertical it is 2 months.
I just start to read a WN and I really like it. That is why I ask about licensed version.
But thank you for answer!
Old 2016-12-30, 15:12   Link #20097
borisdrakoni

Phew, I'm finally finished with volume 5. Covering two labyrinths makes for a couple of really long chapters. Now, for the review.

Spoiler:

Overall, it was a very good read as always, and makes me really look forward to the release of Volume 6 in the Spring(that Yue figurine Animate is offering is cute).
Old 2016-12-30, 17:33   Link #20098
sparhawk1610
Asura

Actually, as far I read vol 1 LN and like 40 chapters of WN, and I must say, that in LN the intimacy is described better, especially when they are at the end of the first dungeon. It is like that in every LN ?

@borisdrakoni That Shizuku meowing scene sounds really cute !
Old 2016-12-30, 19:44   Link #20099
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Actually, as far I read vol 1 LN and like 40 chapters of WN, and I must say, that in LN the intimacy is described better, especially when they are at the end of the first dungeon. It is like that in every LN ?

@borisdrakoni That Shizuku meowing scene sounds really cute !
Generally a lot of the new content introduced in the light novel serves to better flesh out the characters. In particular, the Extra chapter at the end of each volume provides more depth to the heroines. So far the biggest change that has occurred between the light novel and the web novel has to do with Yuuka Sonobe's character, but overall there are very few changes in terms of plot between the WN and LN minus some new scenes or slight changes in narrative here or there.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2016-12-30 at 20:39.
Old 2016-12-30, 20:14   Link #20100
bakapervert
A pervert

Damn, the extra scene of Shizuku with the cat is pretty funny. And the extra story is superb as usual. Usually the SS of other WN author about the characters other than MC make me yawn non-stop. But this author's SS might be actually even better than the main story. Made me even regretful that there are still so many other SS of arifureta that are out of reach.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel