Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-05, 13:37   Link #20021
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
In a nutshell:
Spoiler:
yup, he is just as he mentioned since he didn't have any intention of going to that world in the first place... heck, he didn't even knew a world like that existed . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 08:07   Link #20022
Imagine Breaker

Spoiler for Just read the update posted long ago:

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 06:38   Link #20023
borisdrakoni

Judging by the table of contents, WN volume 4 might also be getting split into two LN volumes.
(No promises on some of these, the Kanji was a bit hard to read due to the resolution)
Prologue
Guryuen Grand Volcano
Merujine Undersea Ruins
A New Oath
Epilogue
Extra Story: Clearing Up Sometimes, Local Thunder Dragon

Also, a couple of illustrations from the novel just for fun.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I was extremely surprised that the swimsuit scene wasn't the color insert, but maybe they're just holding that back.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 08:21   Link #20024
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Very nice. Although it always kinda' bugged me how Yue's clothing was very "modern".

I mean, sure she might have asked Hajime directly about the info & details but I would have expected at least some vestiges of her own time's fashion sense in her clothing of choice.

Of course the most likely reason is that the LN artist just wanted it that way & the author didn't think bout it too much. *shrugs*
Old 2016-12-09, 14:55   Link #20025
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Very nice. Although it always kinda' bugged me how Yue's clothing was very "modern".

I mean, sure she might have asked Hajime directly about the info & details but I would have expected at least some vestiges of her own time's fashion sense in her clothing of choice.

Of course the most likely reason is that the LN artist just wanted it that way & the author didn't think bout it too much. *shrugs*
It kind of makes sense in a way, though, since she was basically re-tailoring whatever was lying around Orcus' house while also trying to match what Hajime was wearing(the blouse in particular gives off the same kind of Old West vibe as Hajime's gunslinger outfit). Considering that most of her prior life experience comes from the battlefield, her usual clothes seem a lot more practical than perhaps more traditional clothing.
Old 2016-12-09, 19:17   Link #20026
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post

you really want the mighty black lolita-gothic dress
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 07:12   Link #20027
borisdrakoni

Well, this week's chapter is all about Rose and how ridiculously awesome her (combat) butler Sabas is.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-12-11, 08:31   Link #20028
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Ah, as expected...Dandy battle butlers & combat maids should always be expected & never underestimated in such works.

Heh, reminded of the times when a group of mooks who all dressed the same surrounds a "uniquely" dressed intruder, someone comments on how screwed they were despite heavily outnumbering him. Inverse Ninja rule!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayf82 View Post
you really want the mighty black lolita-gothic dress
Well...I can't say that I don't. Just thought she'd have integrated Hajime's modern ones with her era's fashion sense or whatnot. One of my 1st thoughts on seeing those LN art of the girls in lingerie aside from appreciating it was also "Huh, how modern"

Well, it was devastatingly effective when Yue actually did wear a appropriate majestic dress perfectly suited for her to the point that Hajime wanted to 'ravage' her right there & then not caring if other people watched.
Old 2016-12-11, 17:31   Link #20029
shadowarc

I wonder if Hajime is still inwardly tsukkomi'ng about all the references and examples from the anime/games he's watched/played.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 10:50   Link #20030
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarc View Post
I wonder if Hajime is still inwardly tsukkomi'ng about all the references and examples from the anime/games he's watched/played.
i think his parents teased him already
Old 2016-12-12, 19:18   Link #20031
shadowarc

Quote:
I meant the tsukkomi's he had in his head like "how do you know that material!?" during his time in the main story . I think his parents teased him on his chuunibyo and the things he did not including killing.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 04:43   Link #20032
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarc View Post
I meant the tsukkomi's he had in his head like "how do you know that material!?" during his time in the main story . I think his parents teased him on his chuunibyo and the things he did not including killing.
He still does it, although he is the one responsible for a lot of the references coming out these days.

Incidentally, in case anyone was interested, the Arifureta LN seems to have taken 49th place in the recent Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings that came out.
Old 2016-12-13, 06:57   Link #20033
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
He still does it, although he is the one responsible for a lot of the references coming out these days.

Incidentally, in case anyone was interested, the Arifureta LN seems to have taken 49th place in the recent Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings that came out.
is it a good or bad rank?
Old 2016-12-13, 09:37   Link #20034
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Just imagine just how many truck load of light novels come out & the famous long running ones, then look at that within top 50 ranking.
Old 2016-12-13, 13:54   Link #20035
borisdrakoni

To give some perspective, last year it didn't make it into the rankings at all, although it did receive a small blurb in the Another World section of the guide. Breaking into the top 50 this year definitely isn't a bad thing, even though in general people tend to pay the most attention to the top 10 titles on the poll. Another thing to bear in mind is that several of the series that made the list also have anime adaptations that are either already out or forthcoming, which can give a huge boost to the original work's popularity. For example, Re:Zero was 29th last year, and this year it's up to number 2. KonoSuba didn't make the rankings last year, but this year is up to number 9.
Old 2016-12-13, 23:33   Link #20036
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Seems we gonna get anime adaptations sooner than we thought
Old 2016-12-14, 01:51   Link #20037
rantaid

i hope it get SAO budget. Hajime has many toys and gimmick they can sell. especially with mecha anime slump.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 02:59   Link #20038
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
ok then where is the cute bottom
EIther they didn't show it for fear of jacking up the rating or the artist is waiting for the next Comiket

Quote:
I wonder if his parents ever used his adventure for one of their project. I mean, Hajime's story could be made into a lot of stuff:

- A RPG Harem game with the original story but with a lot more flairs and romantic moments added as side stories - and easily having both a all age version and a 18+ version

- A romcom visual novel AU featuring all the girls in typical roles like Yue being the new transfer student, Kaori the childhood friend, Shizuku the school idol, Shia the bullied girl, Liliana the lonely ojou, Aiko the teacher and Tio the assistant teacher, Miyu and Remia someone he knew from his part time jobs, etc...
Old 2016-12-14, 03:09   Link #20039
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I wonder if his parents ever used his adventure for one of their project. I mean, Hajime's story could be made into a lot of stuff:

- A RPG Harem game with the original story but with a lot more flairs and romantic moments added as side stories - and easily having both a all age version and a 18+ version

- A romcom visual novel AU featuring all the girls in typical roles like Yue being the new transfer student, Kaori the childhood friend, Shizuku the school idol, Shia the bullied girl, Liliana the lonely ojou, Aiko the teacher and Tio the and Remia someone he knew from his part time jobs, etc...
If i remember correctly, they had already done it
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 03:10   Link #20040
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
If i remember correctly, they had already done it
Huh, how did he react? And which type? Romcom VN or adventure RPG?

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel