AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Slashdog 2 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 50.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-27, 08:42   Link #181
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
And LoL for God of Bible mixing up two different mythologies ( according to rough spoiler) Is it just me but somehow i can't help but to think God of Bible is like a Pokemon catcher
Well, considering how many creatures he locked up in those things....

Wait, what if God is actually that familiar trainer?
Old 2018-04-27, 08:44   Link #182
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I wonder how people can claim that the God of Bible is a weaker God when he was able to imprison a large amount amount of legendary creatures.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 09:13   Link #183
thefreakmike

God of the Bible-Chan to OP, please nerf
Old 2018-04-27, 09:16   Link #184
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
I wonder how people can claim that the God of Bible is a weaker God when he was able to imprison a large amount amount of legendary creatures.
Assuming if He did accomplish it alone. He didn't take out Ddraig and Albion alone, Vritra was already vanquish when made into a SG. There's no guarantee God sealed those creatures alone or didn't take the defeated creatures from other myths is there?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 12:43   Link #185
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
That's probably how it is. We'll see when we get there.

I'm assuming Arondight is a Demonic Sword, since they said it's their means of fighting against Holy Swords. And Ophis was brought up. So in SlashDog, we'll also see the founding of Khaos Brigade? If so, I'm looking forward to it.

I also liked this part:

So Vali hopes for Ise to be the Sekiryuutei that can defeat him, huh? I want to see it happen even more now, then.
It was said that Arondight degraded from being a Holy Sword to being Demonic/Cursed Sword.
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 13:04   Link #186
Lucidrago

Wasn't Arondight Lancelot's sword? And maybe the sword signifies Lancelot's fall from glory. Like in the Fate/Zero series
Or Suzaku from Code Geass.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 13:19   Link #187
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@B214: I agree. We also know He sealed Trihexa at the end of the world without anyone knowing, but we don't know the exact details about how exactly He did that either. Going by some statements and also context, He seems to have been around the same level as one of the Two Heavenly Dragons in their prime. And it's possible that He sealed a sleeping Trihexa. All of this is only speculation, though.

@Le Fay: I remember reading that in a spoiler. Thanks for reminding me.

@Lucidrago: Yeah, I agree there.
Old 2018-04-27, 16:16   Link #188
Sparda4
Dark Knight

A sleeping trihexa is hard to believe. Like VERY hard. That thing is chaos incarnate basically. It needs REST ??? Like that sounds so fucking absurd.
Old 2018-04-27, 18:49   Link #189
DragonOsman
Dragon King

God sealed it using countless forbidden-level seals after finding it at the end of the world without anyone knowing. If there was a fight, wouldn't people have noticed? How could He have sealed an active Trihexa without anyone knowing?
Old 2018-04-27, 18:53   Link #190
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Plus the existence of Trihexa was a rumor even in the mythological world. So the fact that kind of being could be kept secret without anyone knowing is very intriguing.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 19:34   Link #191
Lucidrago

Trihexa was taking a nap then God came upon it while wandering the Dimensional Gap. He sensed how powerful it was like 'Shit, I need to seal this thing.' But then God felt like the beast looked familiar. And then he pulled out his Bible and read Revelations and was like 'Shit, it's actually real.' Then he started spamming seals until he couldn't anymore.
Old 2018-04-27, 21:13   Link #192
godz

and if God created trixeha to use it as a weapon against great red and ophis? but something went wrong in the process and he had to hide it ...
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 21:17   Link #193
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Then he deserved his end.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:03   Link #194
Lucidrago

Still wondering what the previous Ouryuu did. Maybe he betrayed them and tried to pull a NTR and steal Lavinia. And Vali went Juggernaut Drive and Outrage and Tobio went Balance Breaker and obliterated him.
Old 2018-04-28, 05:32   Link #195
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
and if God created trixeha to use it as a weapon against great red and ophis? but something went wrong in the process and he had to hide it ...
That would be messed up and interesting. A failed creation of god that he couldn't destroy. That would put all of the Judo-christian faction on it's goddamn head.
Old 2018-04-28, 13:28   Link #196
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Wasn't Arondight Lancelot's sword? And maybe the sword signifies Lancelot's fall from glory. Like in the Fate/Zero series
Or Suzaku from Code Geass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fay View Post
It was said that Arondight degraded from being a Holy Sword to being Demonic/Cursed Sword.
Ishibumi quoted Nasu word per word basically.

And seriously, the spoiler of the fusion that created Canis Lykaon is a bit exaggerating. I've read the spoilers about it containing a Totsuka-no-Tsurugi, specifically the Ame-no-Ohabari (which is basically a Divine Construct of the Japanese Gods. There are several, and Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is one of them), and it's not the actual sword (as sealing a Holy Sword inside a Sacred Gear would be impossible, let alone problematic in the long term). I read it as "on the same level", as it has different connotation.

The SG took cues from two similar dog legends. One is its Lycaon namesake, basically (but that legend apparently is not enough to make the spirit powerful and God-Killing like, say, Nemean Lion. I can even bet that it won't even make it a low-tier Longinus if YHVH only used Lycaon's soul as the battery for the SG considering that he got his werewolf nature from a curse, which later made the titular Lycaon got killed as an anecdotal joke) and the other is Japanese/Chinese Inugami (which is even included in the series' title). I do think that it mixes two different beings, namely the aforementioned Inugami as well as the Chinese legend of a heavenly dog (Tiangou, which later entered into Japanese vocabulary as "tengu", evolving into a different form, but still the same essence) Which makes more sense, as both are considered powerful spirits rather than, say, sealing a construct inside a construct.

To be fair, both Tiangou and Inugami are powerful, but they can be easily caught and sealed.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2018-04-28 at 13:47.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 13:36   Link #197
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The person on the Discord who provided the spoiler also said that the Sacred Gear doesn't really have the sword itself in it. So yeah. It just fuses dog gods/spirits from two different legends into one Sacred Gear.
Old 2018-04-28, 14:22   Link #198
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The person on the Discord who provided the spoiler also said that the Sacred Gear doesn't really have the sword itself in it. So yeah. It just fuses dog gods/spirits from two different legends into one Sacred Gear.
Not really , during Balance Break Jin held this sword in his mouth (fight against Augusta), so there is a sword.
Old 2018-04-28, 14:28   Link #199
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
Ishibumi quoted Nasu word per word basically.

And seriously, the spoiler of the fusion that created Canis Lykaon is a bit exaggerating. I've read the spoilers about it containing a Totsuka-no-Tsurugi, specifically the Ame-no-Ohabari (which is basically a Divine Construct of the Japanese Gods. There are several, and Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is one of them), and it's not the actual sword (as sealing a Holy Sword inside a Sacred Gear would be impossible, let alone problematic in the long term). I read it as "on the same level", as it has different connotation.

The SG took cues from two similar dog legends. One is its Lycaon namesake, basically (but that legend apparently is not enough to make the spirit powerful and God-Killing like, say, Nemean Lion. I can even bet that it won't even make it a low-tier Longinus if YHVH only used Lycaon's soul as the battery for the SG considering that he got his werewolf nature from a curse, which later made the titular Lycaon got killed as an anecdotal joke) and the other is Japanese/Chinese Inugami (which is even included in the series' title). I do think that it mixes two different beings, namely the aforementioned Inugami as well as the Chinese legend of a heavenly dog (Tiangou, which later entered into Japanese vocabulary as "tengu", evolving into a different form, but still the same essence) Which makes more sense, as both are considered powerful spirits rather than, say, sealing a construct inside a construct.

To be fair, both Tiangou and Inugami are powerful, but they can be easily caught and sealed.
No, Azazel and Satanael told about Canis Lykaons's origin and it's indeed a fusion of Lycaon and Ame no Ohabari.
Old 2018-04-28, 14:40   Link #200
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So it really has the actual sword in it? How?