AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-19, 17:21   Link #181
marvelB

Well, we finally reached the end. I brought this up a while back in a spoiler, but the ending (not the epilogue, that was added later to the last volume) pissed off many a fan which led to them flaming the author at his twitter due to the vagueness/abruptness of the whole thing. As for my personal opinion..... while I do agree that the ending comes off as rushed, in a sense, I also find it sort of fitting. At the very least, it didn't leave me angry. Maybe scratching my a head a bit, but not angry! Needless to say, I still greatly enjoyed this series, as crazy as it was.

As far as the epilogue goes, it was great to see most of the cast reunited (I agree that Utou and Saeki most likely broke up at this point), though I'm still wondering if that dude with Azuma (who apparently dyed her hair) is supposed to be Hijiri..... eh, oh well. Also, nice touch for Kuroe to name her child after Lukyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But what really got me worried were Azuma's lines at the start. Notice that she only mentions men. Now, to me you could take one of two things away from this...either they were more family members that looked at Azuma the same way as her uncle (but I doubt any of them could ever touch her considering the company she kept) or they were her mother's boyfriends and sex-friends which...is likely considering her mother is said to be young and crazy.

Yeah, I'm also pretty much thinking along the lines of Azuma's mom bringing home men who pretty much had the same..... "illness" as the goblin uncle. In a way, I actually appreciated this twist because it shows that once again, this story subverted the trope of a completely happy ending (in this case, showing that Minami wasn't such a great mother, after all....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Either way...100 chapters looking for her mother and she leaves her mother in the epilogue...that felt weird to say the least.

I wish I could bring up Steel Ball Run here, but that would be a spoiler too for anyone who hasn't read through the whole thing yet.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 19:38   Link #182
Key Board
Carbon

I felt that it could use one more chapter of Azuma killing billions of people and not caring about it

You know, just to cement the point that she always has been a sociopath since the beginning

Overall this was an interesting series, but I really preferred the earlier chapters where everyone was just off the rails crazy. Grim reaper Azuma vs hentai kamen Kuroe really was the peak
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 01:26   Link #183
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Remember, we're celebrating the freedom of a psychotic genocidal murderer.

The ending was positive though. Problems are problems, wasn't surprised that Minami wasn't perfect, but I believe that's the core of this story. Instead of letting a problem ruin her life, Azuma is old/strong/recovered enough to just nope the *&^T@ out. Same with the rest of the characters. Through imperfection they are at peace, and not self-destructive.
Old 2015-10-20, 06:51   Link #184
Key Board
Carbon

The epilogue made you wonder about things..

Azuma spent all that chapter wanting to find her mother, only to learn in the following years that her mother really was not an ideal parent at all and is, in fact, rather promiscuous

Saeki spent all that chapters wanting someone to latch too, moving from person to person, and true to the pattern, it seems she has given up on Utau and found someone else to latch too. Or it's possible she might have gained more independence.

Knowing both of these, it's actually surprising that Kuroe decided to keep the child and not, say, go for an abortion and make this a 3 out of 3 reversal.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 11:10   Link #185
Tormenk

Kuroe learned her lesson from Lukyon's case, neither Azuma and Saeki really did in the case of finding their loved ones.

Sekai Oni was a fun and memorable story for sure. Giger's arc, the rescue operation to Maze and of course Ookura himself were the best moments for me. While the King's reveal as his full World Devil form was conveyed properly in an awesome and dreadful way, that was about it for the climax of the final battle. The ending was underwhelming but nothing bad, although if the epilogue wasn't included it would have been pretty bad for being abrupt and inconclusive.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote