AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-22, 17:46   Link #181
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I suppose Matt can have a bit of focus . Might even see MetalGarurumon this time around. Not sure since they've been pretty solidly keeping the Mega stuff focused on Agumon. But, one would think everyone will get their turn at some point here.
Old 2021-03-21, 09:55   Link #182
darkofficer
just a devil

well i can hear the boat horns starting

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 21:19   Link #183
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Spoiler for Spoilers for Episode 43:
Old 2021-04-18, 19:49   Link #184
darkofficer
just a devil

FINALLY we get another mega level

Old 2021-05-10, 07:30   Link #185
darkofficer
just a devil

you know it kinda hurts seeing agumon digivolve next to someone else

Old 2021-05-30, 23:28   Link #186
alex_drian

Seems they used all the budged of previous episodes on Milleniummon. Can't complain.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 19:58   Link #187
Galaxian

The reboot left a lot to be desired, but at the very least they did something right at the end...

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 20:10   Link #188
Alchemist007
*Author

I watched this alongside rewatching the original series. It's a pretty big contrast in tone and it's obvious which one is the better narrative. There was waaaay too much "the world is ending now" boss fights in this one, but when the fluffier episodes were on it was more enjoyable. It should've kept to the latter.

5/10
Old 2021-09-25, 23:59   Link #189
B214

I enjoyed the Omegamon/Alter-S partial changing moments (Blitz & Metal) (War & Cres), thank god they didn't pull a 02 moment where all the branch evolution materialize. The series had its flaws, i suppose it's normal for a promotional thing.
But the ending which is obviously hinting that they're planning to continue this series.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-14, 16:00   Link #190
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Adventure: Final Thoughts

It took me 3.5 years to finish this Digimon remake because I slacked off intermittently for months with several hiatus in-between.

Honestly, this remake ruined the mythos that the 1999 original TV show established. Most of the episodes were a festival at introducing brand-new digimon then pitting Taichi's group against another enemy digimon with each episode in order to display how their digimon evolve and let out grand moves to finish off the enemy digimon.

That's how I felt, at least, for the 10's & 20's & 30's episodes. Nevertheless, once the show hit 40's episodes marker plot more or less it slowed down with the itano-circus special effects, grandiose moves, and flashy evolutions. Unfortunately, the very last three episodes against Negamon returned to those tiring special effects, moves, and those tiring speeches on friendship, bonds, greetings, fighting for others, and so on, that honestly left a bitter taste on me, because they always force and force those clichés.

Gosh, I wished I have skipped through all that incessant bantering.

Another flaw that this remake had was that the focus centered primarily on Taichi rather than distributing it on all the children when the plot called for it.
There was no single episode whether be a frame or a shot in which Taichi and Agumon were not featured.

Anyways, enough of my rattle and bantering on the overwhelming negative traits this show delivered.

What was good and positive on the Adventure remake, and for that I'm giving it due credit, was the soundtrack and the songs.

The soundtrack was beautiful that I felt it was wasted on the final product given how ludicrous the story unfolded.

The music is a grace for the Adventure remake that I felt in love with the three evolution theme songs:
Be the Winners
X-treme Fight
Break the Chain - That last one brought epicness in the final battle.

Overall, I'm done with Adventure:

There's nothing else for me to say after reviving this thread for over two years.

Last edited by Guido; 2023-10-15 at 10:04.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote