AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-16, 01:11   Link #261
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Anis tried to solve everything on her own, and it flopped.

Euphie tried to solve everything on her own, and it flopped.

Now it's time for them to put their heads together and come up with something new.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-16, 06:04   Link #262
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I've only made it to the OP of ep 11, and I want to know: why did Anys face those guys alone? Why didn't she have anyone to support her and/or convince her not to murder those disgusting old coots? Or maybe just help her hide the bodies? (Murder sounded better with every word out of their mouths, just saying.)
That was just confusing to me. They can discuss marriage partners, but they make it seem like her parents who are the current King and Queen have no say in who their daughter marries.
Old 2023-03-16, 07:34   Link #263
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Finished the ep. Tilty best girl. Tilty is right. Is it really a problem if the assholes don't approve of Anys?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-16, 07:43   Link #264
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Finished the ep. Tilty best girl. Tilty is right. Is it really a problem if the assholes don't approve of Anys?
Anis' grandfather had to deal with a revolution from the nobles, so yeah. It sounds like they could overthrow the Royal family at any time. Those guys are also firm believer in spirits, so they'd have no qualms killing Anis who doesn't have the spirits' blessings.
Old 2023-03-16, 08:09   Link #265
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Her grandfather was just a generic king. Anis has magicology (and dragon curse), Euphy, Tilty, Lanis and a lot of commoners on her side.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-16, 08:10   Link #266
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Anis' grandfather had to deal with a revolution from the nobles, so yeah. It sounds like they could overthrow the Royal family at any time. Those guys are also firm believer in spirits, so they'd have no qualms killing Anis who doesn't have the spirits' blessings.
That sounds like a problem that can be solved with a lot of murder. Going back to my first impression of the ep.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-16, 09:15   Link #267
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That was just confusing to me. They can discuss marriage partners, but they make it seem like her parents who are the current King and Queen have no say in who their daughter marries.
Her parents don't rule in a vacuum. These old folks have a lot of influence, if they put forward a candidate it will hard even for her parents to refuse, especially since Anis has no magic and is involved with magicology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Her grandfather was just a generic king. Anis has magicology (and dragon curse), Euphy, Tilty, Lanis and a lot of commoners on her side.
Just because commoners like her doesn't mean they're going to go to war for her. Magicology is yet undeveloped, and no matter how strong they are, she, Tilty, Euphie and Lainie are just 4 people.

Even if it does go well, it's still going to be a civil war that will end up killing a lot of people.

Quote:
That sounds like a problem that can be solved with a lot of murder. Going back to my first impression of the ep.
Al had the right idea all along.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2023-03-16 at 09:28.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-16, 11:02   Link #268
Key Board
Carbon

I know everything will be solved in a week.

but for a while I really felt that Fire emblem 3 houses vibe

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-18, 08:53   Link #269
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
H
Even if it does go well, it's still going to be a civil war that will end up killing a lot of people.

Al had the right idea all along.
See! It all comes back around!
Old 2023-03-19, 03:25   Link #270
arkhangelsk

I actually do agree that the drama is a bit forced this time. Yes, a monarchy is not exactly a depotism. The monarchial family can't just kill adverse nobles without some major failing on their part, and they must take their reasonable interests into account. But if the scene in the early part of the episode is representative of the power balance between the monarch and his fiefs, it's a wonder they even manages to hold on.

But then, Anis does have to labor under two disadvantages. She's a female in a medieval society, plus she's magicless. Maybe that weakens the royal position enough they are now actually dependent on the mercy of the nobility. Anis was right to try and put Arl onto the seat.

Anyway, seeing Anis have to debase herself to that degree is painful to the heart, and it does make you really hate the nobles, especially the bit about ignoring age. It's not hard to imagine a black hearted old man having ... fantasies on Anis that are best relegated to doujinshi.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 10:50   Link #271
alt_account

Episode 12 preview and teaser visual
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
https://twitter.com/tenten_kakumei/s...61290060402688
alt_account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 18:02   Link #272
Key Board
Carbon

For a show that has "magical revolution" in its title, it's such a contradiction for the protagonist to be on the opposing side of it.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 14:20   Link #273
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm a bit conflicted about this episode. The anime staff really tries to implement changes that really make the plot flows better in anime format, but some changes are a bit unfortunate, depending the way how you look at it.

Usual stuff:
Spoiler for Changes and comparisons with the LN:

Still pretty good adaption nonetheless. That being said, I will agree the drama is still kind of weak and it is mostly due to how the author clumsily tried to create a situation that would force Anis and Euphie to fight each other. That was not exactly the most organic way to do it, and I understand if some people are still puzzled by Anis' fears regarding her princess status, moreso due to what the anime has cut regarding her family.
Old 2023-03-21, 18:59   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Based on the anime I thought Lumi was actually the founding "King" of the kingdom. I get what they were trying to do by changing the focus of her backstory in the anime but they ended up omitting major information.

I'm pretty confused about the talk concerning travelers since it implies

Spoiler for LN comparison:
Old 2023-03-21, 20:03   Link #275
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty confused about the talk concerning travelers since it implies

Spoiler for LN comparison:
The problem with the anime adaptation is that Anis won't really shut up about spirits and magic in the books and we've gotten almost none of that. Here's how she explained things in the first book:

Spoiler for LN v1:
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 07:44   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That explains it, thanks!
Old 2023-03-22, 08:49   Link #277
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 12:

finally, we get to see the kiss.

did not expect Euphie to be top. lol

a happy ending!
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 09:37   Link #278
EroKing

Yea... I'm gonna need a proper doujin of the hot yuri night those 2 shared.
Old 2023-03-22, 09:41   Link #279
Marina2

Ep.12

Finally, I get to see 'the kiss' I have been waiting for. Now you guys can understand [Anis bottom] joke

Thank you, Diomedia. We need more true yuri moment like this outside of romantic and rom-com genre/story.

Overall, It's good adaption but it could've been a lot better if it didn't cut out some detail about magic, spirit and politic as it seems to make anime viewers confuse or don't fully understand about some plot point or some characters' motivation.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-03-22 at 09:51.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 10:15   Link #280
Liddo-kun
is this so?

hopefully, the dragon power has extended Anis life for hundreds of years. So she can be together with Euphie a long time, or maybe forever.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote