Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-11-28, 21:15   Link #101
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Besides Wakamoto, if there was one seiyuu from the VN that I could have saw returning for the anime it would have been Takehito Koyasu as Sagiri, but I guess not. Still not sure the logic of recasting the entire cast, including the more active mainstream ones.
In one interview, the excuse they give was that if they plan to continue the series for 10 to 20 years, this was a good opportunity to just change all of the VAs and get a fresh start (in summary)
Which I find bulls***, because if you somehow were using the same characters, same series in 20 years, you got bigger problems on your hands than VAs. Also, you've clearly shown you had no problems with just new sets of characters with Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken.

https://dengekionline.com/articles/78512/

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 06:59   Link #102
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
In one interview, the excuse they give was that if they plan to continue the series for 10 to 20 years, this was a good opportunity to just change all of the VAs and get a fresh start (in summary)
Which I find bulls***, because if you somehow were using the same characters, same series in 20 years, you got bigger problems on your hands than VAs. Also, you've clearly shown you had no problems with just new sets of characters with Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken.

https://dengekionline.com/articles/78512/
Well if you consider the fact that this was from 10 years ago, and there are still titles that haven't been released yet. They may need new VA since some of the VA are already retired.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But this will be out of topic, so lets not discuss further.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 12:07   Link #103
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well if you consider the fact that this was from 10 years ago, and there are still titles that haven't been released yet. They may need new VA since some of the VA are already retired.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But this will be out of topic, so lets not discuss further.
Spoiler for Comparison to Project Mikhail:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 04:36   Link #104
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to Project Mikhail:
Lets move this to the Game & General Discussion.
Old 2021-12-01, 17:59   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was super confusing. I had no idea who was who, all I saw was mechas destroying each for 20 minutes. And apparently, they were playing a game where if you manage to bring the flag to your base, you win.
Old 2021-12-01, 19:57   Link #106
B214

I suppose the anime did try their best in this episode with the allocated time. That said, Major Walken looks too somewhat tame down in the anime. Where's the Major Murrica vibe?
Old 2021-12-01, 20:31   Link #107
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was super confusing. I had no idea who was who, all I saw was mechas destroying each for 20 minutes. And apparently, they were playing a game where if you manage to bring the flag to your base, you win.
The whole coup thing was not the most well thought out part of the games. It was there mostly to pad out the length and throw in a "surprising twist" in the new timeline.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 20:35   Link #108
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

They really should have come up with different colors for the mecha. Basically both Sagiri's mecha and American's mecha are grey. The only ones that were a bit more recognizable were the training squad with Sukhoi camo.

Quote:
I suppose the anime did try their best in this episode with the allocated time. That said, Major Walken looks too somewhat tame down in the anime. Where's the Major Murrica vibe?
I think it was all toned down. I appreciate that they kept the "English eat shit" line, but I expected it to be said with a lot more animosity.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 22:13   Link #109
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I couldn't care less about this coup or America butting in. None of the characters are developed enough for me to care about them doing such things or not

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-12-01, 23:47   Link #110
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The whole coup thing was not the most well thought out part of the games. It was there mostly to pad out the length and throw in a "surprising twist" in the new timeline.
It was there because it's a required thing but I'm not going to explain it here cause it would be spoilers.
Old 2021-12-02, 09:36   Link #111
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I couldn't care less about this coup or America butting in. None of the characters are developed enough for me to care about them doing such things or not
Was thinking along the same lines, where's are those alien bastards.
Old 2021-12-02, 20:13   Link #112
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Major Murica, aka Duke Nukem is waiting for his time to shine in whenever they continue Total Eclipse

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 22:13   Link #113
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Major Murica, aka Duke Nukem is waiting for his time to shine in whenever they continue Total Eclipse
Total Eclipse is already completed at least in the VN. Not going to discuss it here though.
Old 2021-12-08, 17:59   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Can someone tell me why this coup didn't happen in the previous timeline?
Old 2021-12-08, 19:07   Link #115
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Can someone tell me why this coup didn't happen in the previous timeline?
1. Because more soldiers died during the Niigata attack. This time Takeru avoided those by asking Yuuko to prepare prior. In the previous loop, the squad in the frontlines was annihilated while 2/3 of the BETA remain. The remaining BETA then went to wreck the Japan mainland till the 2nd defense line.
2. Takeru and his squads are the ones doing the evacuation previously, Takeru and Meiya risked their lives and TSF to protect the houses of the people living there. So the coup forces didn't have a cause to perform the coup, here the government just perform a forced evacuation by knocking them out and taking them away into a refugee camp.
Old 2021-12-16, 10:12   Link #116
devilo96

man...new eps make me sleep...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 19:04   Link #117
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*Random braincontrolling intensifies*

Old 2021-12-16, 19:53   Link #118
B214

Quote:
*Random braincontrolling intensifies*
It's actually not random, all the fortified suits eishi uses are equipped with drugs and hypnotism feature. Even Takeru and his squad has this feature.

The medical for the BETA-verse such as prosthetic and hypnotism is very high due to many soldiers losing limbs in combat and suffering from PTSD. So they use drugs and hypnotism to help those soldiers with PTSD. Well in combat time it's mainly to control their emotions, like maybe if they're scared, they'll use the drug and hypnotism to make them calm down.
Old 2021-12-19, 12:42   Link #119
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It's actually not random, all the fortified suits eishi uses are equipped with drugs and hypnotism feature. Even Takeru and his squad has this feature.

The medical for the BETA-verse such as prosthetic and hypnotism is very high due to many soldiers losing limbs in combat and suffering from PTSD. So they use drugs and hypnotism to help those soldiers with PTSD. Well in combat time it's mainly to control their emotions, like maybe if they're scared, they'll use the drug and hypnotism to make them calm down.
The anime mention this?

Old 2021-12-22, 13:08   Link #120
EroKing

Episode 12

meh...