AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-13, 07:26   Link #221
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Sorry for double post. My previous post has been awhile ago.

Rewatched the final episode today. Still not change in opinion, it's a nice anime. I like the scene where they are going down the rope.. Teko has doubts at first, but she overcame her last fears and enjoyed the first dive.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 11:07   Link #222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The OVA came out. It's the story with Teko's two friends! I haven't had the chance to watch it yet but I heard they got the right voice actresses for them.
Old 2017-08-09, 11:39   Link #223
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i haven't watched it either, but the VAs are the right stuff!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 09:16   Link #224
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The OVA came out. It's the story with Teko's two friends! I haven't had the chance to watch it yet but I heard they got the right voice actresses for them.
Came out in March, if you mean the unaired episode in Blu ray 7? The title is given as「約束の夏と新しい思い出のコト」and translated in the Wikipedia article as "The Story of Memories Made During the Promised Summer". It looks like her friends fit right in.

Still hoping, against better judgement probably, that won't be the final animated story in the adaptation.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 12:27   Link #225
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That looks like the one, yes. Subs for it only came out a couple days ago to the best of my knowledge, that's why I'm bumping the thread now.
Old 2017-08-10, 13:58   Link #226
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Aria comes out full force in this one and it was glorious to watch.
Old 2017-08-10, 15:04   Link #227
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Well, Erino & Chiwa are already voicing Akane & Chizuru in episode 9..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 17:08   Link #228
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quite a bit of a pleasant surprise to see Akari and Aika back, complete with their signature chibi expressions

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2017-08-16 at 09:26.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 19:44   Link #229
Dextro
He Without a Title

Finally got around to watching the OVA and boy did it hit home. The gontiti soundtrack in particular felt very well used during the episode (or maybe I've grown so found of it that I started feeling nostalgic over the tunes) and having Akari and Aika back in some capacity really made my chest tighten with nostalgia

Also Chizuru deserved an "Hazukashi serifu kinshi!" there at the end I think
Old 2017-08-13, 12:20   Link #230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Well, Erino & Chiwa are already voicing Akane & Chizuru in episode 9..
That had completely skipped my mind... it's been close to a year but still, I shouldn't have forgotten that!
Old 2017-08-13, 12:22   Link #231
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
OVA

All I have to say is ... that was totally Amano, and a complete delight in every way. ^^

Kudos to the staff for "getting her" so well!
Old 2017-08-15, 23:04   Link #232
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
It's like Aria all over again.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 11:52   Link #233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, really felt like watching an Aria episode. I hope Amanchu will one day get another season or possibly more, there are so many great chapters to adapt.
Old 2017-08-16, 14:29   Link #234
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Yeah, really felt like watching an Aria episode. I hope Amanchu will one day get another season or possibly more, there are so many great chapters to adapt.
I hope so as well. I would absolutely love to see the town festival arc.
Old 2017-08-16, 14:35   Link #235
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Hopefully Funi releases it soon.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 00:09   Link #236
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
That looks like the one, yes. Subs for it only came out a couple days ago to the best of my knowledge, that's why I'm bumping the thread now.
Understood.

Personally I didn’t think of Aria when I first watched this. If Aria had not been mentioned again in these most recent comments about episode 13 I probably wouldn’t have made that association again myself in this thread.

While "Pikari" immediately pops into my head whenever Amanchu! is mentioned, I can't remember the names or particular character traits of the main characters in Aria. Nor do a lot of the events from Aria linger distinctly in my mind. I still have the overall feeling from it, which is certainly a pleasant enough sensation, but I personally find the settings, characters and especially the dynamics between the various personalities more interesting in Amanchu! - On balance though, I think the Amanchu! manga will hold up better over time than its anime too, in my mind. It felt like the animators almost “got it” but not quite. They did get the tone right for the personal interactions within this continuation of their adaptation and this is in many respects a perfect bookend to the beginning of the story as adapted.

The following will probably sound hypercritical … Walking and running are notoriously difficult to animate naturalistically but I don’t think I’ve ever seen animation which truly captures the movements of people swimming underwater. In the diving scenes too I think they almost got the atmosphere. In some respects their choices to omit certain aspects of the manga, the way the diving equipment was drawn for example, worked better for me in the anime. The animators "get" some of the distinctions between the movements based on experience levels so I commend them for that … but … since few human movements look as graceful to me as the sight of an experienced -free- diver moving through the water, the scenes among the coral crevices present an even more daunting uncanny valley to convincingly animate than walking, to my eyes. They came close though and it is a valiant attempt which I did very much enjoy in their animated series. Perhaps it is because I know "a Pikari", but for a while now Amanchu! has been the series I think of first when Amano's name or work is mentioned and although the original drawings still come before the imagery of the anime, I'd gladly watch a sequel - with many fantastic(al) chapters waiting to be adapted.

Next Manga instalment online, October 5. Chapters 1, 75 and 76 are still up on http://comic.mag-garden.co.jp/amanchu/

Looks like they're/you're up to volume 10 in French translation, from Ki-oon, since December 2016.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-08-19 at 00:43.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 07:04   Link #237
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the OVA today. Surprisingly good.. it almost turned into a nightmare for one of Teko's friends.. good thing Pikari was there to save her.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 14:35   Link #238
Dextro
He Without a Title

Amanchu! Manga by Aria's Amano Gets 2nd TV Anime Season Next April @ANN

New season announced and here's a PV:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hype!
Old 2017-11-14, 16:02   Link #239
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Yeah, Pikari screaming "Upyo". Count me in.
Old 2017-11-14, 19:17   Link #240
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, this is embarrassing. (only watched one episode so far)

That said, I think this would be a Spring 2018 anime, but I won't be surprised if it turns out as a Winter 2018 one since this already had an animated preview.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deep sea diving, slice of life