AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 03:21   Link #541
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Wixoss is a mix of a lot of things. You can add Black Rock Shooter to the list.
I don't think we'll get an explanation for who's doing this.
Old 2014-05-24, 05:54   Link #542
MarkS00N

After thinking for some times, I come to conclusion that there are at least 3 conditions required for the wish to be fulfilled:
1) The Selector needs to win wixoss battle(s) (plural because the LIRG would evolved as its selector get closer to her wish which indicated several stages which means several battles. I think it is possible that only 1 victory is required but there is no direct proof and only some assumption of mine);
2) The Selector needs to believe her wish is right (that is she needs to believe that if her wish comes true it would benefit her or make her happy or it isn't something that would make her regret);
3) I am not sure about this one, but there must be at least one more condition if we based on Akira's case. Maybe the wish must be something normal that doesn't require a bizarre way of fulfilling it or the LIRG needs to agree to fulfill the Selector's wish (I'll explain more).

Now for explanation:
Spoiler for Believe the Wish is Right:

Spoiler for Third Requirement and Akira's Case:

Spoiler for About Yuzuki's existence and wish:
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 06:11   Link #543
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Lrig maybe get to escape their card but... in the end it seems like Hanayo if she's in Yuzuki body must be with Kazuki whether she wants it or not... At least you got a body but you're still prisoner of the wish.
Old 2014-05-24, 06:34   Link #544
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Lrig maybe get to escape their card but... in the end it seems like Hanayo if she's in Yuzuki body must be with Kazuki whether she wants it or not... At least you got a body but you're still prisoner of the wish.
But this one has a simple solution. Kill Kazuki and she's free.
Old 2014-05-24, 06:37   Link #545
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

That's a huge risk to take. Will the rumors and all, Yuzuki is the first suspect. Getting free of the card to go in jail seems a bad deal to me.
Old 2014-05-24, 06:40   Link #546
shukujo

I think Ruuko's sketchy memory is highly indicative of previous involvement in the Selector Game - and certainly, at the very least, obaa-chan knows a lot more than she's currently letting on. All of it has something to do with that building that transfixes so much of Ruuko's attention if she lets it - it's been shown in clips and made an object of foreshadowing too many times to count throughout the series at this point.

My favorite theory, however, is still that Ruuko's lack of a wish will prove to be the Selector Game system's undoing, Madoka-esque style, which will return everything everyone lost back to them, once the total breakdown of the game has been achieved.

Does anyone recall if we've ever heard anything at all about Ruuko's father? Someone mentioned Ruuko could possibly be the first eternal girl, this is a highly interesting theory - could she be a tragic case of her crazy inventor father creating this game then subjecting her to being its first test subject, only to lose his daughter to the whole Selector system run amok?

Or is that just my imagination running amok? lol
shukujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 08:49   Link #547
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Th thing about wishes in wixoss is... There's something fishy about them. The Lrig seem to be intentionally vague and/or using words that are suggestive, but technically open to interpretation.
Spoiler for madoka wish comparison:

They are more like "hi, here I am, you're a selector now (wait, I am? Don't I get a say in this?). You sort of get a wish, well. That's not really true you become your ideal self. Whatever that means. You in? Well, I guess you already are."
They never really state things very clearly. Hence I made a scam mail comparison earlier
So I'm not sure what the wish can do and whether it's not limited to the selector.
You're right. I had kind of been leaning towards the wish system being "fair", in a mathematical sense, because the wish-tainting struck me as the perfect inversion of the wish - no more, no less. However, perhaps this is much more of a nasty "Monkey's Paw" deal than what I first thought it would be. There might still be an internal logic to how the WIXOSS wish system works, but it's one that seems to work very much against the Selectors.

Let's say that KeyBoard is correct about WIXOSS not granting wishes directly, but rather it somehow changes the Selector so that the Selector can achieve the wish through her own efforts. This might explain why Akira couldn't win - Her wish was strictly focused on effecting another person, and maybe that doesn't fly here.

Also, perhaps your wish has to be something that you can't already achieve. Perhaps the game considers that an ill-fitting wish unworthy of Eternal Girl status. Akira's wish could be achieved through simple criminality (her doing to Iona the exact same thing she tried to do to Ruko in this episode), while Hitoe's could be achieved through just socializing a bit with other people. Yuzuki's wish, OTOH, was a little more difficult, and not necessarily something she could achieve without WIXOSS.

Quote:
I do absolutely not think that Kazuki actively thought about his sister that way however, nor that he acted in any particular way that would raise a giant flag. At best, I could see it be latently there, but he himself does not suspect it, or chalk it up to them being twins and very close.
Right. That's my main point as it pertains to Kazuki. I don't think Kazuki was secretly pining for Yuzuki like she was for him. Maybe there was some latency there, but I just don't think the guy should be chalked up as a closeted siscon, at least based on what we've seen so far.

Quote:
But again, I think both versions are equally plausible at this point.
That's fine. I can agree to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukujo View Post

My favorite theory, however, is still that Ruuko's lack of a wish will prove to be the Selector Game system's undoing, Madoka-esque style, which will return everything everyone lost back to them, once the total breakdown of the game has been achieved.
Ruuko does in fact have a wish, though - To play this game forever.

Perhaps Ruuko (or Tama?) was the first ever Eternal Girl winner. And because her wish was to play the game forever, the game becomes endless.

Maybe Ruuko was a very bored, empty, listless person until she encountered WIXOSS. This caused her mother to become freaked out by her, and essentially abandon her. Now, you raise an interesting theory here...

Quote:
Does anyone recall if we've ever heard anything at all about Ruuko's father? Someone mentioned Ruuko could possibly be the first eternal girl, this is a highly interesting theory - could she be a tragic case of her crazy inventor father creating this game then subjecting her to being its first test subject, only to lose his daughter to the whole Selector system run amok?
Perhaps Ruuko's dad (or another close family member) created the WIXOSS game/system to try to help out Ruuko. Perhaps he thought it would prompt her to determine what she really wanted to be, which he thought could get her out of her rut. Unfortunately, she ended up just wanting to play the game endlessly, and that became her wish.

This could account for how excessively guilt-ridden Ruuko comes across to me. She seems to blame herself for everything going wrong here. I mean, sure, I could understand her feeling a bit of guilt, but it's not like all three of Hitoe's losses came at Ruuko's hands.

But if this game is self-perpetuating purely due to Ruuko's wish, then yeah, she bears considerable responsibility then. And even if her memories are corrupted, she may still feel lingering guilt at a subconscious level. She knows something is "off", and it's something tied directly to her actions, but she doesn't get the full scope of it due to how corrupted her memories are.

This is wild speculation of course, but hey, it's fun to do.
Old 2014-05-24, 09:35   Link #548
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 05.

The title for that episode makes so much sense, and the flags raised prior to the climax couldn't had been more depressing just as how the weather in the city changed after the girls learned the consequences of Hitoe losing her third match.

I mean at the start of the episode all three girld were happy being together, and Hitoe seemed so much fulfilled with how her current life was turning, but Midoriko knew better that the outcome wouldn't end up like that. To me is as if the mechanics with the game do not allow the selectors to stand still even if they have no more need of becoming the Eternal Girl once their wish is realized earlier or without need to battle anymore.
Basically, the selectors are driven to battle all the way to the end, until one girl is left standing to be the Eternal Girl; her wish granted at the expense of other selectors' wishes tainted. Yes, it's horrible and ruthless such rules and loops that the system throws to the selectors, and to make matters worse is that most of the girls do not know about that clause of getting their wishes forsaken for good if happen to lose three matches.
Akira found out earlier because she was pulled into a battlefield between Iona against another girl, whom lost her third match after Iona beated her.

When Midoriko left her card space and flew skywards dissappearing into oblivion my heart broke. She and Hitoe were such a wonderful combination more as friends than just selector & LRIG.

Following, Yuzuki became more apprehensive and distant to Kazuki after learning the consequences from losing three times in fearing that if she were happen to lose three times, then she'll forsake Kazuki and all for good.
The thing is that creating that distance between herself and Kazuki looks to me that Kazuki would be drifting away from Yuzuki, making friends with other girls particularly the girl from the start of the episode that got close to Kazuki in order for him to teach her about WIXOSS.

The episode culminates with Akira finding Ruko. Her taunts and provocations on Hitoe losing not to make any friends forevermore were likely mere psychological plays in order to provoke Ruko into a match, and Ruko took the bait. But, Ruko I'll believe she isn't going to lose.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:38   Link #549
silvercover
Romance Expert

oh dear, so your still at ep 5 huh.

eheh, I cant wait to see what you think once you caught up.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:55   Link #550
Key Board
Carbon

I've been thinking about Akira and why she still remembers things

first theory is she didn't lose officially but ended the match in an illegal way
ie: tearing up her own card?

but what if.. she actually had her wish granted in a twisted way?
what if being a psychopathic knife wielding murderer to be is her ideal self
considering that her wish was to bring ruin to Iona
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:38   Link #551
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Perhaps Ruuko (or Tama?) was the first ever Eternal Girl winner. And because her wish was to play the game forever, the game becomes endless.
But if Ruko had won the game, wouldn't her selector version have gone to someone else beside's her completed version?

Maybe Uris is the Selector version of Ruuko?

Quote:

Maybe Ruuko was a very bored, empty, listless person until she encountered WIXOSS. This caused her mother to become freaked out by her, and essentially abandon her. Now, you raise an interesting theory here...

Perhaps Ruuko's dad (or another close family member) created the WIXOSS game/system to try to help out Ruuko. Perhaps he thought it would prompt her to determine what she really wanted to be, which he thought could get her out of her rut. Unfortunately, she ended up just wanting to play the game endlessly, and that became her wish.

This could account for how excessively guilt-ridden Ruuko comes across to me. She seems to blame herself for everything going wrong here. I mean, sure, I could understand her feeling a bit of guilt, but it's not like all three of Hitoe's losses came at Ruuko's hands.

But if this game is self-perpetuating purely due to Ruuko's wish, then yeah, she bears considerable responsibility then. And even if her memories are corrupted, she may still feel lingering guilt at a subconscious level. She knows something is "off", and it's something tied directly to her actions, but she doesn't get the full scope of it due to how corrupted her memories are.
Or maybe she's just a borderline. Or maybe she's a borderline AND your theory is correct.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:56   Link #552
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
But if Ruko had won the game, wouldn't her selector version have gone to someone else beside's her completed version?
Well, if her wish is to keep playing the game, then maybe she gets to say in the game even if she achieves Eternal Girl status. Yuzuki didn't want to keep playing the game for its own sake, so she doesn't necessarily get another deck/another LRIG like perhaps Ruko did.

Quote:
That's an interesting thought. They don't look all that much alike to me, though. Well, similar hair-cut/eye color I suppose.

Quote:
Or maybe she's just a borderline. Or maybe she's a borderline AND your theory is correct.
Right. I don't think your theory and mine are in conflict here. Your theory would explain why she had a problem in the first place, which could lead into her father (or a different close relative) creating WIXOSS to try to help her out. It just backfired horribly.

One thing I found interesting is how Ruuko's grandmother was willing to wait on Ruuko to tell her the truth about what was bothering her. Now, maybe that's just her grandmother's parenting style, but it could also point towards her grandmother knowing more than she's letting on.

Suppose Ruuko's father did create the WIXOSS game, and saw how badly it backfired. The man would probably be beside himself in guilt, probably drinking away his grief somewhere while lamenting what he's done to his daughter and potentially the world at large. Grandmother knows how bad this family situation is, and so is playing it cool and hands-off (unlike Ruuko's father), waiting for Ruuko to come to her for help and giving Ruuko a lot of space.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:59   Link #553
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

first theory is she didn't lose officially but ended the match in an illegal way

im gonna go with the theory that they dont normally lose knowledge of the game, hitoe only "lost" hers cause it was deeply connected with her friendship wish.
also as we've already seen, its not like completely gone, like with this ep she already got flashbacks of her life, but then it just got blocked out by the pain she experiences.

Old 2014-05-24, 12:02   Link #554
cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Or Hitoe manages to make her wish come true this time and ends up as Aki's LRIG whle Yuzuki lives a happy life full of friends.
No, wishes granted or tainted by the Wixoss game can't be undone. Why wish for friends when being near them only hurt her? I'm very curious how it's gonna work out. Being a selector again seems to imply she regains her memory (partly?), but the pain remains. So if she wants a change at winning, she has to harden herself a lot.

Quote:
Let's say that KeyBoard is correct about WIXOSS not granting wishes directly, but rather it somehow changes the Selector so that the Selector can achieve the wish through her own efforts. This might explain why Akira couldn't win - Her wish was strictly focused on effecting another person, and maybe that doesn't fly here.
Akira blamed who-ever for her own problems, and likewise expected the game to fix things for her. Her wish was to destroy Iona, but when I read between the lines, she was simply jealous. She wanted to be like Iona (look at Piriluk). Instead of actively trying to achieve that goal, she relied on the game. And that's apparently not enough to win.

Quote:
I'm on the Grandma train. Ruuko is strong, but she beats Ruuko everytime. Maybe she was the First Girl, whose wish made the game, in order to help Ruuko. Or maybe she created the game with either Tama or Ruuko being the First Girl. I'm not completely sold about Ruuko's wish being 'playing forever' though. Sure, she loves to play, but maybe she's in this loop because she still hasn't figured out what she really wants.
It seems so strange that she'd wish for endless battle. Looking at her flash-backs, you'd think she wish for a change in that situation. It's like she is in denial, and instead chooses to lose herself in the game.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 12:15   Link #555
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
It seems so strange that she'd wish for endless battle. Looking at her flash-backs, you'd think she wish for a change in that situation. It's like she is in denial, and instead chooses to lose herself in the game.
well when you compare how they designed the other girls characteristics...
its not quite a stretch to believe they made ruuko like this without thinking too deeply on what it really entails or the holes about it.

honestly, characters still feel somewhat off or poorly designed I say.

Old 2014-05-24, 13:34   Link #556
cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Thats an interesting theory
But if that was the case, I think she'd gotten her wish a lot sooner. Instead she complained that nothing changed, Piriluk didn't evolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post

From the start it looked to me like Uris resembled Akira and Piriluk resembled Iona, but I can't come up with a theory that works. Akira can start out as a girl who wants to become a model, wins, and turns into Piriluk. Than she's a model, but she wants to be the best, and Iona is in the way. Gradually she turns so bitter that she's dragged back into the game. But her being an Eternal girl and losing doesn't add up. Speculation sure is fun though
Old 2014-05-24, 14:33   Link #557
Galacticichi

Episode 8 was marvelous. More reveals and greater mysteries as a result. I'll refrain from speculating too much as I'm sure my ideas will be dashed as WIXOSS and it's purpose are very ambiguous.

Also, what's with all the green deck hate lol?

Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 16:17   Link #558
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
No, wishes granted or tainted by the Wixoss game can't be undone.
Do we know that for a fact? I don't remember it being mentioned.

Quote:
I'm not completely sold about Ruuko's wish being 'playing forever' though. Sure, she loves to play, but maybe she's in this loop because she still hasn't figured out what she really wants.
It's possible that she still doesn't really know what she wants, but in episode 7 it seemed as if a wish had materialized. We weren't told what it was, but Iona mentioned that they shared the same wish, and Ruuko wasn't denying it. It was strongly implied during that episode that the wish was to battle forever, but it wasn't stated outright.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:46   Link #559
cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Do we know that for a fact? I don't remember it being mentioned.
After Hitoe lost, Ruuko wanted to make wish for Hitoe to return to normal. That's when Hanayo said that wishes granted or tainted by the Wixoss game can't be undone. I'm going by what the anime has given us: LRIGS withhold info, but I haven't seen them lie (yet?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's possible that she still doesn't really know what she wants, but in episode 7 it seemed as if a wish had materialized. We weren't told what it was, but Iona mentioned that they shared the same wish, and Ruuko wasn't denying it. It was strongly implied during that episode that the wish was to battle forever, but it wasn't stated outright.
Yes, I agree. It certainly looked that way. And sure enough, she loves to battle. Once into the game, she gets completely wrapped up in it, and forgets all her worries. Being good at it, and having a LRIG that enjoys it just as much helps too. But it makes me wonder if it's her real wish, or if she's using it as a way to escape.

Speaking of Iona, there's something fishy about her. She maintains her perfect idol image, and let Uris do all the bad-mouthing and sneering. It's like she knows exactly what to do to become an Eternal girl, but refrains because she wants to continue fighting. Maybe to get rid of all the wannabe's, until she and a worthy opponent are all that's left. And she found it in Ruuko.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:19   Link #560
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wasn't one of the conditions of losing that you lose all memories of Waxxio? How come Aki remembers everything.

Tags
game, proxy battles