AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 19:07   Link #1
1337_493n7

Website Design Contest?

I was just wondering if we could have a website design contest after after you've finished picking the site mascot! A new look for the new guy/girl/andgroinous being.

I'd love to do it even if there wasn;t a prize! it would be fun ^^
1337_493n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 19:38   Link #2
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Yeah this sounds good I am just about done with my WEB DESIGN class and I want to see if I am up for something like this.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:16   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I'm certainly not against this idea; it has been running through my mind. I'm not sure
what the other mods think of it however.

Whatever the outcome of the mascot contest may be; it is likely the mascot will be hard
to intergrate into the current site design (and just sticking it as an image on the page
doesn't quite do any mascot any justice IMHO)...

Btw... the scripts have basic support for skins. This works with CSS only btw.
(so each skin may have a custom CSS and images, but no custom HTML)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:16   Link #4
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Question Pondering about the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
Whatever the outcome of the mascot contest may be; it is likely the mascot will be hard
to intergrate into the current site design
ooo what if we put the mascot: I'm just kidding I know it would suck if the mascot was there but I liked the image of them burning him with sparklers >.>;; ok then I guess it was a wasted post, but wait I can change that hmmm hmmm

well for now though once the mascot has been determined I suggest that we at least put it up into the forums since thats one place we have been able to get anime characters on, but everyone probably had that same idea (gee stating the obvious...)

Ok here is one or two or more... thought(s) I have. Future banner contests will be now limited to the use of the mascot??

This creates the issue of it being only one version or maybe two as in the look of the mascot....um I was wondering are we going to request the winner for different poses and clothes for the mascot or colors? so like when holidays come by we can change it like ann has? or are we going to hold contests like the banner ones but now limiting it to the use, or creating something almost exactly to the likeness, of our mascot or will the mascot not be used on the forums.

Will we even hold contests in the future or will the mascot winner be forever listed as the mascot maker for the banners so that the banner contests end up becoming "who can make the prettier backgrounds for the mascot"....maybe it will end up like iron chef where there is one main ingredient that is presented and all the banner makers will have to concoct whatever their minds can come up with.

Of course I'm sure our wonderful ops and mods have thought of all of this in advance and everything I have been fearing was for nothing...right?
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:42   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Personally, I think the mascot should be used as a tool in the registration process to make them feel more welcome. Put some of the mascot's personality in the forms, rather than have them all generic.

Or, at least, that sounds like a good idea to me since I haven't slept in about two days.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:23   Link #6
1337_493n7

Quote:
Btw... the scripts have basic support for skins. This works with CSS only btw.
(so each skin may have a custom CSS and images, but no custom HTML)
CSS is fine. Yay CSS! I'm not a master at it or anthing, (i've only been studying it for about 5 months now) but i'm not too bad, and it's fairly easy for me to find the scripts i don't know. I'm just not 100% sure what the skins are. Are they just a css script?

Quote:
Ok here is one or two or more... thought(s) I have. Future banner contests will be now limited to the use of the mascot??

This creates the issue of it being only one version or maybe two as in the look of the mascot....um I was wondering are we going to request the winner for different poses and clothes for the mascot or colors? so like when holidays come by we can change it like ann has? or are we going to hold contests like the banner ones but now limiting it to the use, or creating something almost exactly to the likeness, of our mascot or will the mascot not be used on the forums.

Will we even hold contests in the future or will the mascot winner be forever listed as the mascot maker for the banners so that the banner contests end up becoming "who can make the prettier backgrounds for the mascot"....maybe it will end up like iron chef where there is one main ingredient that is presented and all the banner makers will have to concoct whatever their minds can come up with.
It was stated in the rules that the winner will have to produce further renderings of the mascott, so there should be lots to work with for banners and webpages and stuff.

Also, it wouldn't be limited to creating backgrounds. The cropping and placement and which mascot drawing would all be part of the composition, so there would be lots of room for creativity still, as well as useage of typeface.
Old 2006-01-04, 16:36   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_493n7
CSS is fine. Yay CSS! I'm not a master at it or anthing, (i've only been studying it for about 5 months now) but i'm not too bad, and it's fairly easy for me to find the scripts i don't know. I'm just not 100% sure what the skins are. Are they just a css script?
http://www.animesuki.com/stylesheet.php

As you can see pretty much all images are also defined from the CSS file, so if you
design a skin you can also change those.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 22:31   Link #8
1337_493n7

awesome thanks! It's pretty easy script to read too which makes it nice.