Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-07, 09:54   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Open all "New Subscribed Threads" in new tab button

well currently i have so many active subscription thread which make every time i open User CP when i wake up. it always have 5-10 New Subscribed Threads.

it's a small annoyances, but i kinda tiring to right click every single Subscribed in new tab.

so i think it's better to have a button where you can open all new Subscribed thread in one go (in new tab or window obviously)

if possible, you may also add check box next to Subscribed thread. so user can click selected Subscribed threads to be open instead being open it all in one go. this probably help for those that have low internet connection

Old 2012-06-07, 16:35   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well currently i have so many active subscription thread which make every time i open User CP when i wake up. it always have 5-10 New Subscribed Threads.

it's a small annoyances, but i kinda tiring to right click every single Subscribed in new tab.
Do you not have a middle mouse button?(or just unaware the middle mouse button is defaulted to open things in new tabs making it much less annoying )
MAL
Old 2012-06-07, 17:12   Link #3
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Eh.. You can use ctrl+click to open any links into new tabs, so even middle mouse is not needed. Holding a ctrl key surely is not THAT hard for you while clicking the links? I find ctrl+click much faster and easier to use than middle mouse button too..
Old 2012-06-07, 20:25   Link #4
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

try both method, dedicated button still better.

Old 2012-06-09, 05:45   Link #5
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Dude. It takes you five seconds to click on 10 links while holding CTRL button. The staff of AS isn't gonna modify the software just because you're inconvenienced by 5 seconds of extra effort.
Old 2012-06-09, 09:08   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Dude. It takes you five seconds to click on 10 links while holding CTRL button. The staff of AS isn't gonna modify the software just because you're inconvenienced by 5 seconds of extra effort.
well i guess so. but prefer it that why. especially when you have small screen.

is not like i desperately need it

Old 2012-06-09, 13:48   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Even if we wanted to do this, there isn't really a good way of making this work. You'd have to use Javascript to get it open many links at once, and you can't really target a "new tab" just "_blank" (which it's up to the browser to decide if it's a window or a tab). And having a button that spawns a whole bunch of new windows is surely going to be blocked by almost all pop-up blockers. If not, someone who clicks that button by accident is going to be super-annoyed because now all of a sudden they've got 10/20/whatever new tabs/windows for all these different threads. A few people may want this, but I don't think it's common.

Honestly, this whole thing isn't really a great solution in the first place. What you would really want is some sort of reading interface where you could queue up all the subscribed threads and then in some sort of bar at the top or bottom it had a link like "Next Unread Subscribed Thread" or something, so you could navigate efficiently in a sequence. But yes, programming something like this is way more work than we can really do for software we don't primarily maintain, as it could easily be broken with subsequent updates. At the very least, I think we must wait and see if there are any changes/improvements in the new vBulletin version.

So for now I'm going to lock this thread, as this is something we can't really implement at least right now, but probably ever.