View Single Post
Old 2024-03-27, 09:53   Link #7
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Ideally we'd like to not lose any functionality, but some of that functionality is custom-built, so may be difficult to reproduce. I don't think anyone's interested in chasing fads and our kind site owner is paying for the servers out-of-pocket with no need to monetize the site. If the site owner decided they didn't want to keep paying for it, there are probably still some options.
What kind of features here are custom made? Depending on how many users use them and the cost/benefit of stepping over to a newer/more secure build, we might be able to get away with a migration. This is the admin and owner's call to make: for my part, being a forum with simple and straightforward functionality has made this place endure.

I joined in a time right when blogging was on the downturn, though: as a lurker in the years before, blog authors were treated like rockstars here, and even the admin and mods would comment on their blogs. Times have changed, of course: I have a twinge of regret I didn't join earlier, since it did feel as though AnimeSuki helped some of those bloggers drive traffic and engagement.