View Single Post
Old 2024-03-21, 07:00   Link #1
Ledgem
Love Yourself

What is the long-term plan for the site?

There is something comforting in logging into AnimeSuki once every few years for me. People I once conversed with multiple times per day now leave messages that go back and forth with years separating each response. Sometimes I read over older posts. There's an element of nostalgia in this. It's also nice to see that the forum software hasn't changed much, further contributing to the nostalgia.

While I like the nostalgic aspect of this place, the world is constantly changing and doesn't have much respect for things that are stuck in time. It seems like forum traffic is dropping. And so I am just curious:
1) Are there any plans to overhaul the forums? Upgrade the software to include all of the latest social media tie-ins and up/down votes that are unfortunately all the rage across various forum sites? Modify the layout and subforums that are available in an effort to drive more traffic? Mostly, I'm wondering if I will log in one year and be shocked by a site that no longer resembles what I once spent hours per day on.

2) If the love behind this labor of love dries up, what's the plan? Try to sell the site? Shut it down, and maybe make the database available to people who want to be able to browse a local copy for nostalgia? Or just have it fade off of the internet entirely? (That last one is a sad thought.)

For those of you keeping the site online, thank you for doing so. This site was once so important to me, and it's nice to be able to return to a familiar place, even if I don't stay long or contribute much anymore.